The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-08, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

This week, our final 3 teams set off from Moscow and headed to the final city Portland, Oregon. They got bunched up on the same plane one last time. They had to climb a tree, do a zip line off of a brigde and search for route markers on a field of clue boxes. They even found out where the magic is on the hole! After 40,000 miles, 8 countries and various tasks along the way, Nick & Starr won!

This week, you get to rank all of the teams over the course of the season. I figured it would be cool to compare my list to the first week's rankings, so that's what I did. You can choose to do it however you want. Big thanks to all of you who participated! You guys rock! Please make sure to join us again for TAR 14 in February.

Before you check out last week's rankings, which may have mentioned each of you lvoe list posters, I want you to join me in giving a huge amount of thanks to kidflash212, who stepped up and took over as our stat guy this season. kidflash, I hope you'll join us again next season because the job is yours if you want it.

Rank. Names (first week's rank)

01. Dallas & Toni (6) - My favorite team because they had fun the whole way, were always respectful and appreciative to the locals and were always one of the top teams to the mat during each leg. Even when they lost their stuff, they continued on without complaining.

02. Mark & Bill (4) - They were so much fun! I really wish they were in it longer.

03. Nick & Starr (1) - Awesome racers, not that they had a lot of alpha teams to deal with, but they had an unprecedented amount of 1st place finishes! Including the one that counted the most. The only thing that keeps them out of the top spot is Starr's whining when things weren't going their way and Nick's conniving dealings with other teams.

04. Ken & Tina (3) - You know what? As far as teams that are "couples fixing their relationship" go, they were the best ever. Sure they had bickering moments, but who wouldn't be stressed out during this race? They worked together well and proved they could make it. That was so sweet when Ken pulled out their wedding rings.

05. Ty & Aja (2) - They were also a nice, respectable team. I know some people thought they were boring, but I'd rather have that then b!tchy whiners!

06. Anita & Arthur (8) - Too bad, so sad. We hardly knew you. I knew they wouldn't be competitive at all.

07. Terence & Sarah (11) - I can't believe I am ranking them this high, but really, even though Terence is a whiny, needy girl, they were very competitive! I would have rather had these two in the last few legs than Skidmark!

08. Marisa & Brooke (10) - Bumbling bimbos!

09. Anthony & Stephanie (7) - All she wanted was money to get married and have a baby. Feh!

10. Kelly & Christy (9) - The shrews! They really never got over their bitter rivalry with Nick & Starr and they were quite nasty to other teams too. I wonder what the b!tches were thinking when Nick & Starr won? KARMA!!!

11. Andrew & Dan (5) - Andrew was really not so bad, but Skidmark???? He sucked! He was a lazy partner, letting Andrew do 6 roadblocks, while he did only 3 and always made sure to criticize his partner and whine about every.single.task!

OK! Your turn!!!

Wheeee! TAR is back!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... Max Headroom 12-08-08 1
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... emydi 12-08-08 2
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... samboohoo 12-08-08 3
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... Seana 12-08-08 4
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... beau_30 12-08-08 5
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... kidflash212 12-11-08 6
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... Scuba Steve 12-17-08 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Fin... PsychoKitty 12-28-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
Thank you Nutzy for hosting, and a special thank you to kidflash212 for doing an outstanding job on the stats. Trust me, I know how much work those stats are, and kidflash handled them well.

Wish I'd liked this season better, but...

1. Nick/Starr (2) - Consistently the best racers, and at least for me, easy to cheer for. Despite the male/female team makeup, this was an obvious alpha team and they didn't disappoint. Nice work.

2. Toni/Dallas (11) - Quote from my preseason list: "Team Parent/Child Sacrificial Lambs. Other than Momily, I've never liked any parent/child teams, and these two look particularly awful." Though I found them boring, I definitely missed the boat with that quote.

3. Mark/Bill (1) - They were about what I expected, a short-lived, dorky, and fun team. Wish they would've lasted a bit longer, though it was obvious they had no chance to win it all.

4. Anita/Arthur (4) - Even if everyone knew they were immediately doomed, they seemed nice enough during their one leg.

5. Ken/Tina (9) - They had moments of brilliance, moments of stupidity, and far too many moments of bickering, but at least they were real. They seemed to honestly be working on their relationship, and I give them credit for that.

6. Terence/Sarah (3) - Though Terence is undeniably a tool, and they were overly dramatic, my interest in the season dropped when they left. Though obnoxious, at least they had personalities and were entertaining to watch.

7. Aja/Ty (5) - Meh. Can't say I liked 'em, can't say I didn't.

8. Marisa/Brooke (7) - About what I expected from this season's edition of the dippy blonde team, except the producers forgot to cast cute dippy blondes this time around.

9. Anthony/Stephanie (10) - Yecch. Got this one right in my preseason picks, at least.

10. Dan/Andrew (6) - Sorry guys, "Dumb and Dumber" is already a feature-length movie. I didn't need to see another version of that concept.

11. Kelly/Christy (8) - Bitter, nasty, unappreciative, and ugly Americans to boot. Remind me again why they're both divorced?

PTTE final results should be posted tonight

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
I did not make a pre show list (nos.) are how I ranked them after first show

1. Dallas & Toni (1) - I really wish they had won. They were a good team

SAME RANK

2. Mark & Bill (2) - I really liked them esp. when they did the computer detour.

SAME RANK

3. Andrew & Dan (4) - I guess I was alone on liking these two. Oh, well. They did get the most applause at the end yesterday. Dan was even gracious!

UP 1

4. Ken & Tina (8) - That ending with the wedding rings was really nice. (I guess I was wrong in my "quotable quote!!) At times I really liked them and and at times they really bothered me. I really wish they were the ones that rounded that corner first!!

UP 4

5. Anita & Arthur (philiminated) - Dallas and Toni said some good things about them in their interview with group hugs. I wish they would have lasted longer/

UP 6

6. Ty & Aja (3) - I wish they had lasted longer, or at least had some more story while there.

DOWN 3

7. Terence & Sarah (6) - They were a good race team. Terence needs to grow a set tho

UP 1

8. Marisa & Brooke (7) - They weren't as bad as some "blond teams"Bumbling bimbos!

UP 1

9. Anthony & Stephanie (10) - meh did not like them she was a money grubbing .....

UP 1

10. Kelly & Christy (5) - Ugh I did not like them as time went on. I wonder if it was them that Dallas and Toni were talking about?

DOWNN 5

11. Nick & Starr (9) - UGH. I wish they had lost. I'm alone on these two spoiled brats too!

DOWN 2

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
Woo Hoo!!!!

I'm right there with you on Nick & Starr and Dandrew. Well, except Dandrew was my favorite!

Tis the season.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-08, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-08 AT 00:25 AM (EST)

Thank-you so much for hosting, Nutz! I lvoe the Lvoe List!

kidflash: Thank-you for doing the stats and for the chart with quotes from everyone. What a lot of work!

Thank-you!

And now, my year-end list:

1. Toni and Dallas: I admit I found them bland in the beginning. I didn't start liking any of the teams, really, until much later on. It was the cow costume episode that showed T&D's personality.

2. Mark and Bill: Dummies for not reading their clue. I wish they'd been around longer.

3. Terence and Sarah: OK, they were funny. He was such a whiner, and so was she. I sort of looked forward to what stupid crap might come out of their mouths.

4. Andrew and Dan: Inept and didn't work well together. If not for Dan's marching, they'd place lower.

5. Aja and Ty: Never really cared about them. They were pretty blah as racers and light on personality.

6. Ken and Tina: Ken, despite being a cheater, seems like a nice guy. Tina is pushy and rude. I don't know what they see in each other. They eventually did well, so good for them.

7. Kelly and Christie: For the first couple legs, they provided the only amusement I could find in this dull bunch, so I ranked them #1. They were mind-numbingly stupid racers and catty and petty with it. They deserved their elimination, but damn, it was funny watching them.

8. Anita and Arthur: I never cared for their angle. It might have been fun to watch them for another leg, but they just didn't have the drive to go any further than they did.

9. Marisa and Brooke: I never like the floozy team. Pfft.

10. Nick and Starr: They have annoyed me all season. Obviously, they won and treated each other well, but I just wanted to slap that smarmy look off Nick's face. Starr could also use a slap to startle her out of her hysterics.

11. Anthony and Stephanie: Getting money to start their life together is a crappy reason to go on TAR. Can people not just want to go on a reality show?

Phil's sig courtesy of agman
ETF spacing & speeling.

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-08-08, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
Thanks Nutzy for another fantistic lvoe season list.
Can't wait until next season.
And thanks Kidflash for the stats.

Now onto the ranking.

1)Toni & Dallas - Too bad you left your passport behind. Favorite team. Besides Momily.

2)Mark & Bill - Wish you guys were around a lot longer.

3) Nick & Starr - If any one left to win, it was you guys, very competitive.

4) Ken & Tina - Very competitive, glad you could work everything out.

5) AJa & Ty - Its okay, you guys got a good vacation.

6)Anita & Arthur - Didn't get to know you long, but you ran a good race.

7) Anthony & Stephanie - A Million dollars won't help you alot.

8) Marissa & Brooke - Looks can't get you far.

9) Terrance & Sarah - Competitive and all, but Terrance needs to grow up.

10) Kelly & Christy - They are so smug, did you see there comfort in the face when they say Nick & Star.

11) Andrew & Dan - Lucky son of guns on the earth.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
Thanks for all the kind words - And a big thank you to ARnutz, the best lvoe list hostess on RTVW. I'd be honored to be your stat-guy next season.

My List (Preseason rank and quote listed in blue):

1)Dallas & Toni -

11. "Dallas can be very persuasive and enjoys getting people to do what he wants." That quote right there is the reason for their placing on my list.

Never saw that side of Dallas on the actual show and I wanted them to win - so worst to first for me.

2)Mark & Bill -

2. Comic book geeks need to stick together.

Wind up exactly where I put them in preseason. Nothing bad to say about them but I never saw them as a real threat for the million.

3)Kelly & Christie -

1. I recall that women named Kelly have done well on the Race before.

They were my hope for an all female win - didn't work out but I enjoyed their bumbling. One of the only entertaining teams this year.

4)Marisa & Brooke-

5. Ehhh

Didn't have much to say about them, figured they were an early exit with little chance. Got that one right, but they seemed like nice enough women, just clueless.

5)Ty & Aja-

9. snooze

My opinion hasn't changed much from the preseason - still can't get over a grown man who can't change a tire. Sheeeesh.

6)Terence & Sarah

7. Have no idea what to make of these two.

Now I do - he was needy and whiny, she started out obsessed with other teams liking her. At least they were competitive.

7)Anita & Arthur -

6.Old Hippies. Completely and utterly despised previous hippie team (BJ & Tyler). Most likely an early exit.

Stunt cast that lasted all of 60 minutes.

8)Anthony & Stephanie -

10. another couple "testing their relationship" on the Race. Translation - Constant Bickering.

Truth is, I barely remember them.

9)Andrew & Dan -

4. Could go either way with me, up or down. Time will tell.

Down. Inept, undeserving of their placing and didn't even supply any laughs.

10)Ken & Tina

8. I'm already bored.

I wasn't so much bored with them during the season as much as wanted to see Ken ditch Tina in a foreign country.

11)Nick & Starr

4. Not sure but they may be fun.

Spoiled brats who now have a million dollars. Yuck. Looking at the above list I realize they had no competition. It would have been amazing if they didn't win.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-17-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
1. Dallas/Toni
2. Nick/Starr
3. Mark/Bill
4. Marissa/Brooke
5. Ken/Tina
6. Anita/Arthur
7. Anthony/Stephanie
8. Aja/Ty
9. Kelly/Christy
10. Dandrew
11. Terence/Sarah

PsychoKitty 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-28-08, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 13.11 (Finale)"
Hi there! Sorry I'm "late to the party" - I've been busy working retail for Christmas!

1. Dallas/Toni - I really liked them, not at first, but their personality developed over the course of the show - no drama, just hard work and they kept to the job at hand. So sorry about the passport! Would have liked to see them win.

2. Nick/Starr - Good competitors and made fewer mistakes. They did deserve to win, no matter what personality issues they have. She needs to learn to chill out - She's a very high maintenance chick!

3. Mark/Bill - Really liked them too - can't believe they made such a silly mistake. Appreciated Mark's determination wrestling the Cochita (sp?). Sorry to see them go so early.

4. Terence/Sarah TIE Ken/Tina - Both teams were good at keeping up with the others. But both had different "personality quirks" to overcome. Both could be inspiring and fun to watch, and MADDENING as well! A tie because I can't decide who I liked or disliked more Sarah & Ken - RUN AWAY!!!! Terence - grow a pair! Or TWO pair!!! Ohmigod!!!! And Tina needs years of therapy.

5. Anita/Arthur - Seemed like nice people. Don't know if they would have lasted much further though - not enough drive.

6. Aja/Ty - I couldn't figure these two out relationship wise. She seemed to idolize him, he loved her and yet treated her badly, but not Jonathan or even Azaria type badly . Uneven racers with some success.

7. Anthony/Stephanie - I agree, why put your relationship on hold for a contest prize? Either you are committed to each other or you aren't. And either you are compatible or you aren't. Enough already. Go get a job and make a decision.

8. Marissa/Brooke - Inept, amazingly unobservant with an incredible amount of mistakes. I keep remembering them passing the "Gordian Knot" on the dock - over and over again! I couldn't believe they lasted as long as they did!

9. Kelly/Christy - Nasty, spiteful, clueless women with incredible egos! Wow - they really thought they were "all that." And while being "technically beautiful" their facial expressions were so negative and made them ugly. Whatever ladies! I think the rumour they met in a support group (post Divorce/ironing mavens) are probably true!

10. Dandrew - What a horror story these two guys were! And so dillusional! Their post race interviews are just plain crazy. I don't know how they find their way to the bathroom at night, they are so incompetent. When you got over the horror of what you were watching, and the anger that that these two had taken the place of more deserving and capable people being cast on the race; maybe you were laughing too and falling out of your chair at Dan's marching. Whew! Quel nightmare!

JMHO!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •