The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wallflower 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-19-00, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower Click to send private message to Wallflower Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-00 AT 01:00 AM (EST)

But I'm not saying that means she didn't win. I just read a post on SS and the author was questioning why we never hear anything about Kelly. Its like she just dropped of the face of the earth so I decided to poke around the net. There's a great picture of her on the job:

Here's a link to the website of the rafting company she works for:
http://www.whitewatervoyages.com/
and a news article about it: Quote, "True to her pledge, Kelly is keeping mum about the outcome on the "Survivor" island. As far as we know Kelly plans to continue guiding on into the future. Even if one were a millionaire, what better way to live?"
http://www.newsbureau.com/archives/2000/jun00/whitewater.htm
Enjoy~!
~Wallflower

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kelly's still a whitewater raft... AyatollahKhomeini 08-19-00 1
   RE: Kelly's still a whitewater raft... janisella 08-19-00 2
       RE: Kelly's still a whitewater raft... shanana banana 08-20-00 3
           RE: Kelly's still a whitewater raft... Irisheyes 08-20-00 4
               RE: Kelly's still a whitewater raft... choap10 08-21-00 5
               RE: Kelly's still a whitewater raft... outlast 08-21-00 6
   Kelly AyatollahKhomeini 08-21-00 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-19-00, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-00 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

...and the story does say she's working there in late June. Good work, Wallflower. Of course, CBS is holding their checks until AFTER the final episode, and recent stories have said Kelly is living with her mother. Maybe when the going got hot (e.g., questions from other guides, possible publicity), Kelly got going?

(The edit was to correct a careless error: I wrote Kelly was living "back home" with her mother. I wrote that because it seems to me that wherever your parent lives is home. However, the following poster makes the valid point that Kelly's dad, at least, lives in N.C., and that was the young Kelly's home too, but she cannot set foot there until the arrest warrant is cleared up. Sorry for my carelessness.)

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-19-00, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
I don't think she moved back home, because the district attorney in her hometown was quoted as saying it wasn't worth the state's money to extradite her back to face her 5 yo credit card fraud charges. If she were back in town, there would be no discussion of extradition. One news story said she had moved from Nevada to California after getting back from Malaysia.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-20-00, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
After viewing Kelly's lame rowing attempts back from Episode 5 (or whatever) I don't think I'd set foot in a raft controlled by her! I don't know how much that poor showing did for her
white-water reputation.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-20-00, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
Even if she wins the money, she's only 23. She still needs to havea job, the money isn't going to last forever. Given that her past criminal record is now very public, how many people will want to hire her? This might be the only type of job she can get, or for the matter, even want.

choap10 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail choap10 Click to send private message to choap10 Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
Irisheyes,

I agree, but if Kelly wins the million (which she just might do), then I would bet hundreds of people would offer her jobs. Just think how much publicity they would get hiring the first millionaire on the Survivor series.

Then again, she might just have her 15 minutes of fame and then be washed up and forgotten. A poster from ss.com put it nicely when he/she said all they might be remembered for in 10 years from now, is being a contestant on that popular summer show.

outlast 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail outlast Click to send private message to outlast Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kelly's still a whitewater rafting guide............"
>Even if she wins the money,
>she's only 23. She
>still needs to havea job,
>the money isn't going to
>last forever. Given that
>her past criminal record is
>now very public, how many
>people will want to hire
>her? This might be
>the only type of job
>she can get, or
>for the matter, even want.
>

Employers will very easily look past the credit card charges, in my opinion. (Especially since there hasn't been a conviction).

Also, all else equal, who would you hire? The person you know nothing about, or "the person who made it to the end of that island game show everyone watched?" Forget about how much or little they can exploit their fame, all the contestants will have that (rather significant) edge from now on.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-21-00, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Kelly"
Here's the "recent" story I referred to about Kelly living with her mother. Apparently Kelly's parents are divorced. Note that this story is datelined AFTER the date of the press release claiming Kelly was back to work as a river guide:

From Norm Clarke's "Vegas Confidential" column in the Las Vegas "Review Journal" 7/9/00
Kelly Wiglesworth's still-weak voice on her mother's answering service said it all: "Hi, this is Kelly. Susan and (sister)Whitney aren't home. I ate them."

The Las Vegas river guide on CBS' "Survivor" series returned home in a ravenous state of mind.

With little else to do on the island but dream about food, Wiglesworth had a list ready when she returned to her mother's home in Las Vegas. "The first thing she wanted was peanut butter. And we had to go to her favorite restaurant, Macaroni Grill," said mom Susan Martin.

"She looked so bad. She lost 20 pounds over there, and another five after she got home. She got a digestive disease parasite. She's still sick. I just keep sending the bills to CBS."

And Mom feels largely repsonsible for her daughter's skeletal look. "I saw the CBS Web site on 'Survivor' (seeking candidates) and said, "This is Kelley.' I told her, "This is you." Within a few weeks, Wiglesworth had survived the cut from 6,000 candidates to the no-so-sweet 16.

In early March, Wiglesworth, a dropout at Chaparral High School, headed for the remote tropical island with 15 strangers.

Martin won't say how long her daughter lasted in the grueling competition for the $1 million jackpot. But when I informed her of my published prediction that Kelly would be one of the last suvivors, Martin's voice changed to a near whisper.

I won't tell you what she said, but I will share her response when asked if Gretchen Cordy was the ultimate "Survivor".
(Very long pause)
"I know but I can't tell you"

Proud mother that she is, Martin noted Kelly, at age 14, appeared on Page One of the Review-Journal at Wet 'n Wild water park. "She's always loved the water."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •