The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
I haven't really seen this discussed, but I started wondering:

How exactly are Rob and Alex (Matt will say what he's told) going to explain Roger's boot to Dave and Butch?

You know that Dave is going to call them on it as soon as they get back from TC. They have to have an excuse ready. I find it hard to believe they will say, "we switched sides and you're next to go, nyah-nyah."

Do they just shrug their shoulders and say, it's every man for himself now? I think they might try to convince Dave and Butch that the original Tambaqui plan to boot the women is still on. Roger was just so intolerable that they wanted him out, and when they found out the women were voting for him they went along with it, knowing that the men would still be up 5-4 with Roger gone. They didn't want to spill the beans for fear Roger would get wind of it. But, really, now things are cool, and reunited Tambaqui can get on with its original business plan.

This would be worth a try, and it has advantages: If Dave and Butch buy it, it could cut down on any side-scheming they would try to do. And, theoretically, Dave might not feel overly pressured to win immunity if he's given some reassurances that he's not next on the chopping block.

I do think Dave will try to drum up other avenues of support regardless, but does anybody else think Rob and Alex might go this route?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... Wacko Jacko 04-01-03 1
   RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... Brownroach 04-01-03 2
 RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 3
   RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... Brownroach 04-01-03 4
       RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 5
   RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... amylynne321 04-01-03 7
   RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... spacey 04-01-03 10
 RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... Shamazon 04-01-03 6
   RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... Brownroach 04-01-03 8
 RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed ... cowboyroo 04-01-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-01-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
First off, don't down play Matt. I saw his taped interview before the show began (Saturn DVD) and this guy means business. He is also rumored to be in the final two. He could stir things up at any moment. Remember Rob saying Matt is totally clueless that he will turn on him in a minute? I think Matt will turn on Rob and see you Rob.

As for what you say. It could happen but the truimph is heidi. Who does she align with Dave or Jenna or both? The game is changing. I also think that Dave will have a hard time voting for Heidi (who he hooks up with) and his/heidi's friend Jenna. Dave at this point has probably given up on the guys verses girls alliance. My bet is that Dave, Heidi, Jenna, Butch and Christy turn on the others (Deena then Rob).

04-01-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
I'm not downplaying Matt. But for the purposes of this exercise I think it would be Rob and Alex (Rob, mostly) who decide on what bill of goods is going to be sold.

Remember, Roger thought that Alex was part of an alliance with himself, Butch and Dave. If Dave and Butch thought this also, they will want answers from him. And Rob is not going to leave things to chance; he will want some control in spinning the situation. Matt would be the least on the spot with Dave and Butch, imo, and Rob would ensure that Matt does not do/say anything to screw up whatever story is devised.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
First, I am sure that Butch and Dave will realize that Rob's word is not worth spit, won't be surprised that Rob "turned", and probably won't speak to him. As to Alex, if anything is asked, Alex probably will (as you said) tell them that Roger was just grating on everyone. Matt might say the same thing.

Now here's one thing I want to point out: If Dave and Heidi are a "strategic" relationship, as CBS has attempted to snow *us* with, and if y'all think that Dave is trying to be strategic, then clearly Dave is making new plans, and therefore will not be snowed again. So which is it? Is Dave struggling to survive? Or mindlessly flirting with Heidi-Ho? (I suggest he's not as dumb as Rob thinks he is...)

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-01-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
He may not be snowed by it, and I said I thought he would make new plans regardless.

But speaking of dumb, don't forget that MB has made a continuing point of showing us just how dumb the men are, and how much smarter the women are by comparison.

I think this theme is far from over, and that MB will happily dispense with other standard editing practices, as he did last week, whenever he wants to hammer this home.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
Actually, as I said in my Summary of Ep. 1, Mark Burnett has been really homing in on the Irony theme. Roger's theme was absolutely the ultimate expression of that, what with his early exit from the poll, his stated confidence, everyone shown plotting and thumbs-upping and laughing behind his back...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amylynne321 Click to send private message to amylynne321 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
I definately think that Dave is not as dumb as Rob thinks... and I also think Rob is not as funny as Rob thinks, but I digress, back to the Dave thing-

Anyway, I don't think it's a mindless Ho-di flirt coming from Dave and the biggest reason for this is that FROM THE BEGINNING Dave has always favored Jenna over Ho-di (he prefers Jenna's looks). All the talk, all the jokes, all the lusting...from Dave's side he's always liked Jenna more. They are both right there- why would he pick Heidi instead of Jenna?

Because maybe, Ho-di picked him. AHHA!! And why would Ho-di seek out Dave? Because she needs him to get rid of DEENA (she's never liked bossy Deena, and she likes her even less now that she wins the IC- and Rob knows it, and doesn't like it- but what can he do? Furthermore add on top of that the speculation that Dave wins the reward challenge and Ho-di finds herself a big strapping man, capabable of winning a challange or two, to carry her all the way to the finals.

Won't she be surprised though when Dave is finally forced to choose between her and Jenna, and he chooses Jenna- well, it will be a surprise to Ho-di...

I just can't see Dave leaving yet.

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-03, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
I have to agree with Rob and say Dave is as dumb as Rob thinks. My bet is Dave is mindlessly flirting with Heidi. Let us not forget his team tongelashing in the 1st epoisode where he set himself up as a mark by scolding everyone about telling the truth to the girls. Then there was, I admit good, plan of picking Heidi for his team, but than not voting her out before Jeanne to break Heidi and Jenna's aliance, bad plan. I have to also fault him for not realizing that Matt and Rob could have turned to the girls side because they were the next two boots on the men's team. Dave may be a rocket scientist but he is not a Survivor player.

Shamazon 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-01-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shamazon Click to send private message to Shamazon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
I imagined a similar scenario. Alex and Matt tell Butch and Dave that Rob orchestrated the whole thing.They were just pretending to go along when Dave was the boot nominee, but when it changed to Roger,they jumped on the chance to get rid of him. (All of the guys saw the big to-do Alex and Roger had over homosexuality, and could understand the animosity.)

If these 4 guys get together, they only need one more vote to become the controlling alliance. Dave is encouraged to bring in Heidi. Whether or not he can deliver the goods remains to be seen, as does whether or not Heidi can be trusted. If the answer to either question is no, Dave is on the way out, unless he wins immunity.

If the answer to both is yes, I look for Rob and Deena to be the next two boots.

04-01-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
Well I don't think they would reveal that Dave was ever the original bootee choice, since Dave has no knowledge of that.

And I really don't think Matt will turn on Rob. I think an irony of the "clever Rob/clueless Matt" alliance may be that Matt goes further than Rob in the game and never backstabs Rob, the way Rob said he would Matt.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-03, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can Dave (and Butch) be snowed twice?"
Really, the smart thing for Rob/Alex/and Matt to do would be to go back with the men at this point and start taking out the women. They don't know where Christy stands. She voted with them too. So you have potentially 4 women vs 3 men which wouldn't stand well for the men once Butch and Dave are gone.

Dave is a self-proclaimed rocket scientist. The irony that will fall in his boot.

I believe Heidi's strategic relationship with Dave is for the purpose of winning votes if she makes Final 2 which Deena will make sure won't happen.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •