The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-27-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-03 AT 01:09 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-28-03 AT 01:05 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-28-03 AT 00:59 AM (EST)

It appears that the next episode has some of the survivors paired for a challenge.

The first shot looks at Jenna and appears to be Matteo, by his goatee and longer hair. There is an anguished cry, as if in pain and Matteo falls.

It appears they have to punch through the face of this idol as part of the challenge

In the preview the next shot is of Butch watching and reacting to something. As there are 9 survivors left, if this is a paired challenge, someone will have to miss out. Probably the same as in S5 where you quickly choose your partner and the one man out loses the chance to play. Jake lost out in S5, the older less agile 'partner'.

Heidi is moving along a railing and is tethered to someone out of view.

It appears as though Alex and Deena are working hard to move something in the water.

The last few frames appear like a mud wrestling match, with Dave faling in, but it could be that he just falls and it is his RC challenge partner beside him.

This challenge could be like S3 where the 2 winners share the reward, or it could be as in S5 with 2 of the challenges, where the 2 that win the initial part of the challenge move on to another leg to determine the single winner.
Anyone have any other thoughts?

edited to correct photo changes at SF.net. Hopefully everyone is able to view their site and photos again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... jkokoj 03-27-03 1
 RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... ulalame 03-27-03 2
 RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... Brownroach 03-27-03 3
   RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... jkokoj 03-27-03 5
 RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... VanQ1 03-27-03 4
   RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... jkokoj 03-27-03 7
 RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... DoodleBug 03-27-03 6
   RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... VanQ1 03-27-03 8
       RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... Brownroach 03-27-03 9
   RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web ... lizziegirl 03-27-03 10
       Tug of War zuckie 03-27-03 11
           RE: Tug of War amylynne321 03-28-03 12
               RC challenge VanQ1 03-28-03 13
                   RE: RC challenge VerucaSalt 03-28-03 14
                       RE: RC challenge jump up 03-28-03 15
                       Good Call Veruca jkokoj 03-28-03 16
   2 men together or 2 pairs in mud to... OBX 03-28-03 17
 Heidi with a Bow Boilermaker 03-28-03 18
   RE: Heidi with a Bow colleenwannabe 03-31-03 29
 Why just vidcaps? big idiot 03-28-03 19
   RE: Why just vidcaps? DoodleBug 03-28-03 20
   RE: Why just vidcaps? lizziegirl 03-28-03 21
 New clearer frames at Survivorfever... VanQ1 03-29-03 22
   RE: New clearer frames at Survivorf... tribephyl 03-30-03 25
       3-person teams? Krautboy 03-30-03 28
       Bunches of peppers? colleenwannabe 03-31-03 30
           RE: Bunches of peppers? djandy 03-31-03 31
 Jenna & Mat are PULLING something OBX 03-29-03 23
 mask different challenge OBX 03-29-03 24
   RE: mask different challenge VerucaSalt 03-30-03 26
       A Double Immunity would be great 4 ... TribalTex29 03-30-03 27
 teams of 3!!! VanQ1 04-02-03 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-27-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
Awesome! Thanks VanQ!

It is hard to tell about the last 2 pics. The last one looks like Dave but the one before that is questionable. It looks as though there could be 2 men.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-03, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
Good posts!

Looks like the pairs will be:

Alex/Deena

Matteo/Jenna

and I'm going to speculate:

Dave/Heidi (I think these two might be closer than we think, plus in a mad dash for partners, he may go for her because he thinks she's the strongest -- he picked her for his team and all).

Rob/Christy (I think Rob will end up with Christy -- he and Deena are at least smart enough not to pair up on a challenge like this to give away their alliance, plus Deena and Jenna are already taken).

With Butch sitting out.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-03 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

It appears they have to punch through the face of this idol as part of the challenge

LOL.

Thanks, VanQ1. I think the guy with Deena is Rob, not Alex. The physique on the guy with Jenna looks more like Alex's in the first cap, but more like Matt's in the second -?

Deena/Rob and Dave/whoever might be doing the same leg of the challenge, if the color in the caps is off. Maybe they are the two pairs that compete in the final leg?

**Edited to add: VanQ1, I know you were just posting the challenge caps, but I think people might like to see the skeletal x-ray caps of Matt's head too.

03-27-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
Looks like Alex with Deena to me. Rob's nose is much bigger than Alex's.

03-27-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
I am thinking that the pairs are:

Matt/Jenna.. I am pretty sure that is Matt, especially since
Alex is pictured with Deena
Alex/Deena

Heidi/Christy

Dave/Rob.. It looks like 2 men together in the last shots

and Butch sits this one out.

03-27-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
If they are paired as suggested by VanQ, then they must have drawn straws. I do not see Rob/Dave picking eachother and I highly doubt that Heidi would have picked Christy.

Also, is there some way to get a clearer shot of the 2nd to last pic? It is blurry but it does look like two men.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
That's definitely....

Matt with Jenna
Alex with Deena

Dave looks like he's with a shirtless fellow in the mud - Rob

That leaves Heidi with Christy or Butch

I say Butch sits out too...

Good work!!

03-27-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
Thanks Doodlebug.. but we will have to wait and see. I am wrong more often than not. I am no Krautboy, Bungler, kokoro, or like any of the other bright spoilers. But this is what made sense to me from the pics.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
My bad, Van. I was comparing it to the close-up cap of Rob on SFever, the facial expression looks practically identical.

But the indented beard line on the cheek is Alex's.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-27-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RC challenge in pairs, new web preview"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-03 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

Almost looks like part of this is a tug of war over a muddy pit? See the rope, and the people in the mud. Don't know how the idol figures in ....

Edited to add: maybe the idol part is a different challenge. Like throwing rocks or logs at someone else's idol to knock them out of immunity? And the tug of war is reward?

zuckie 50 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zuckie Click to send private message to zuckie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Tug of War"
Heidi's last pic definately looks like it could be a tug of war, however why would they be tethered around the waist. Also, the Matt/Jenna falling doesn't look so much like tugging, the way their arms are. MAybe it is swing over the mud pit or run the course tethered to someone else?

Definately think the breaking of the head might be a different challenge.

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail amylynne321 Click to send private message to amylynne321 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Tug of War"
How could Butch sit out of an individual challenge?

Makes no sense. I don't see how it would be fair.

03-28-03, 00:52 AM (EST)
13. "RC challenge"
amylynne,
I would not have come up with that idea on my own(I am not that swift..hehe). The same type of challenge, with pairs, occured in SurvivorThailand ep 10. The challenge was called Knockout. Which Jake was immediately eliminated at the beginning of the challenge. I think this is what occurs with Butch, he still has the chance to compete, he just isnt quick enough to 'get in the game'.
check out this link for an explanation of the Challenge.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/show/episode10/s5story2.shtml

This is purely speculation on my part that S6 will have a challenge similar to this one in S5.
Hope this helps.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-28-03, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RC challenge"
Didn't see this posted here may be in another thread but IMO they are two different challenges. Heidi and Roger are clean, the others are really dirty and I think the big immunity faces are for immunity itself and they have to "destroy" someone else's immunity idol; they may be decorated to signify who is who as well.

The RC in pairs will probably be along the lines of a rough and tumble thing and we already seen last season even with 9 it could happen.

I really think they are going to do a challenge with the IC (like throw something or what have you at the "idols") to potentially push the contestants to start revealing pecking orders here along the lines of the coconut challenge and the plate smashing challenge etc. This group needs to be shaken, not stirred right now.

jump up 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-03, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jump%20up Click to send private message to jump%20up Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: RC challenge"
VerucaSalt:
I think the picutre of Heidi is from the same challenge as the picutes of Matt and Jenna. You can see a red belt around Jenna's hips in the first picture.

03-28-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
16. "Good Call Veruca"
The breaking of the idol could be the IC. The pic of Heidi may be here whipping something at the idol in order to break it.

OBX 37 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OBX Click to send private message to OBX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "2 men together or 2 pairs in mud together?"
maybe the shot of the two men are two men from two pairs in the mud at the same time. a misdirect. seems it would be men/women pairings so this shot could be misleading especially since the heidi shot doesn't show her partner, maybe its intentional.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-28-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Heidi with a Bow"
Trying to analyze the shot of Heidi above and what is in her hand. Is that a bow? It would make sense because the Amazonian women were famed for their use of the bow and arrow. Kinda blurry but that is my best guess.

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Heidi with a Bow"
Yes, that would fit with a classical allusion to Amazons. Back in the day, they were believed to have cut off their left breasts for easier bow shooting. Somehow, I don't think Heidi will take it that far...

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Why just vidcaps?"
It has seemed to me for several seasons that the best way to glean accurate information from visual previews is to be able to see the action.

I've seen a few times when people have posted short videos, these reveal the most accurate interpretations and minimize the number of wrong speculations.

Yet, season after season we study vidcaps.

I suspect the limitation is bandwidth/data quantity for a streaming video vs a vid cap - but is there a spoiler website anywhere that posts streaming video instead of vidcaps?

Can a link or thread be made in here that posts streaming video?

I'm not very tech savvy, so I can only pray to the Binary Gods.

Just a suggestion, BI

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Why just vidcaps?"
The video clips are so fast that sometimes you have to analyze still shots to see more information. I love the vidcaps!

I agree that video can tell a lot also. I usually just go to cbs.com and watch the video there. HTH

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Why just vidcaps?"
Check out truedorktimes.com. They have a link to the streaming video from the CBS website.

03-29-03, 10:18 PM (EST)
22. "New clearer frames at Survivorfever.net"
I dont think it gives us much more, except this shot of Jenna and Matthew, who still look to be working together, now appear to be pulling something behind them. This means that they may not be in pairs after all, the belts may be for pulling with a rope attached behind each survivor. Although, based on the shots of pairs in close proximity, I still believe that they are paired.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-03, 04:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: New clearer frames at Survivorfever.net"
Since it may still be a problem with some to get to Survivorfever...here are the new caps.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-03, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "3-person teams?"

Heidi standing on dry land connected to the two teammates in the mud?

Jenna and Matthew tethered back to a team mate on dry land who will pull the back to shore?

The team "mud-challenge" is probably the RC because it appears to be a two or three person team competition. Sharing a reward is much easier than sharing Immunity.

During this episode we have 9 contestants which divide nicely into 3 teams of three; one on the shore, two in the mud, retrieving whatever they collect to win team reward, with the person on land pulling the others back to shore.

The shots of Butch are probably from the break the mask IC, a traditional IC event, for individual immunity.

Krautboy

colleenwannabe 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail colleenwannabe Click to send private message to colleenwannabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Bunches of peppers?"
Are those large bunches of peppers hanging down behind Matt and Jenna? And, if so, why?

Does this point to this being some kind of food challenge?

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Bunches of peppers?"
That's what I was also wondering. Are they fish hanging or feathers? What are they?

03-29-03, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OBX Click to send private message to OBX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Jenna & Mat are PULLING something"
look at clearer images at suvivorfever.com and you can clearly see the rope connected to jenna and mat extends BEHIND them as if they were pulling something and not only tied together. it is either something they have to pull through the mud or maybe it is a tug of war where couples are tied together and pull against other couples pulling them into the mud. if thats the case, it appears jenna and mat do ok. they are clean. we see dave in the mud and another alex shot in the mud. maybe jenna and mat win?????

03-29-03, 11:48 PM (EST)
24. "mask different challenge"
the mask is from a different challenge than the mud. mud=reward and the mask smash is the immunity challenge. the shot of butch in the clean shirt could be from the immunity challenge and may not mean anything about him being left out of the mud/reward challenge.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: mask different challenge"
Definitely does look like a tug of war, probably elimination rounds to the pair who wins.

The immunity face I still believe is the IC and I think it will be like I said, trying to get rid of someone else's idol. MB and company want to start shaking up the majority alliance here, nothing like the contestants revealing their pecking order.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "A Double Immunity would be great 4 the game"
To give two people immunity would be a very cool idea. YOur voting strategy as a survivor could be completely thrown off. IT could also lead to inter-alliances that would automatically form when becoming a winning partner with someone you may not be alligned with, it could make you see their side of things. I think if Dave and Heidi are competing together and win, it could spell the end of both of them quickly.

04-02-03, 06:42 PM (EST)
32. "teams of 3!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-03 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

Krautboy I think that you might be right about the fact that there could be 3 teams of 3 for reward.
over at Survivorsucks Mess hall, there is this pic showing Heidi directing a larger rope to which she is attached and there are 2 taught ropes pulling away from her.

So no clear picture of what is happening or who are on which teams. Although if the color of the belts is different for the 3 teams then the red belt team would be Matthew, Jenna and Heidi.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •