The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-11, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-11 AT 10:10 AM (EST)

Not a "totally random" thread like zombie's, but more of a chance to share what's happening with you or be a total DAW and brag about what you (or your family members) have done lately.

Lurkers and infrequent posters, check in as well!

1. I'm finally seeing the results of the new curriculum that I spent months developing last winter.

2. I wrote the summary for Episode 1 of Survivor: South Pacific. If you're up for a little reading, there you go. There's also a mini-shout out to OT denizens there in the summary, particularly if you were a part of the banana days.

3-a. Both of our older kids just got their first-ever jobs - DD as a sales associate at a national clothing brand and DS at Tim Horton's. Should be interesting, particularly for DS who has a memory disability and will get to use his recently-learned math skills to make change.

3-b. It means, though, that my taxi-driving duties has multiplied due to the constant jetting back and forth to pick up/drop off. Not that it's a bad thing, though...

4. Finally got the drywall done in the basement this past weekend! We've spent the last four months or so doing a complete renovation of the basement, putting up new walls, wiring, lighting, insulation, and now just did the drywall. Next up is the plumbing for the new bathroom and then put up the shower next week...

5. Related to #4... my wife's brother and his son moved into our basement, and it's nice for them to finally have a stable place to live after a few years of constant upheaval. Bro in law is the one who's doing most of the renovations for us and it was after he started working down there that his son ended up living with him after an complicated issue with the ex (a total froot loop), so we thought it was a perfect scratch-each-other's-back situation for both of us. Ta da, we now have "Eight Is Enough" in our house. Fortunately we've got plenty of space in the house to accommodate everyone and it's nice to have extra people around to yap with or do chores in the backyard.

6. I've rediscovered my passion for experimenting with cooking recipes, spent the whole summer trying out new recipes and styles of cooking.

7. Got a new hobby - putting together photobooks through Picaboo. I'm now on my fifth photobook and plan to go through old yellowed picture albums to put together more books.

8. Did I mention that I wrote a Survivor summary? Being a total DAW, of course. I've always desired to have a mother or spouse of a contestant sign in and tell me how upset or disappointed they are with how I've portrayed someone.

Your turn.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... skye 09-23-11 1
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... Max Headroom 09-23-11 2
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... PepeLePew13 09-23-11 3
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... weltek 09-23-11 4
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... PepeLePew13 09-23-11 10
  I jbug 09-23-11 5
   RE: I weltek 09-23-11 7
       RE: I jbug 09-23-11 8
           RE: I agman 09-23-11 14
               RE: I jbug 09-24-11 20
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... Booted 09-23-11 6
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... jbug 09-23-11 9
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... PepeLePew13 09-23-11 11
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... agman 09-23-11 13
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... agman 09-23-11 12
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... jbug 09-23-11 17
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... bullzeye 09-23-11 15
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... MTW1961 09-23-11 16
   RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... jbug 09-23-11 18
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... VisionQuest 09-23-11 19
 CTgirl will become MAgirl CTgirl 09-25-11 21
 RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! B... byoffer 09-27-11 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-23-11, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
* Smallish Skye is no longer small. He turns 15 next week and has a good 4 inches in height on me. He's doing well in school and is finally starting to come out of his shell a little (thanks to medication for major skin issues).

* About a year ago the company moved me to a new department to see if I could help make some much needed process improvements. That's sort of my thing. I did and was rewarded with a rather large pay increase, a new job title with a hyphen in it and more responsibilities.

That's about it really. The raising of the boy and working is really most of what I have been up to.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
DD got the cast off her arm last Friday, and it's good as new (and so is she).

A weekend is coming up, which means DS has baseball. This weekend he picked up a bonus practice for his travel team to go with the scheduled Sunday game.

I have not one, but two business trips planned for next week. If anybody needs some brats, cheese, or Brewers paraphernalia, let me know.

DW is signed up for a real estate class and has already lined up a real estate firm to hire her after she gets her license.

Sorry, that's the best I can do these days.

09-23-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Could you pick up Prince Fielder while you're up there and drop him off in Toronto for me?

Thankee.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Pepe, that's so kind of you to have Pene's BIL & son move in. Again, proof that you are good peeps.

-A Tribetastic Creation

09-23-11, 03:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
They're good peeps who just need to settle down instead of always being in limbo. BIL was doing the majority of the work in the basement for us for free, so it was the least we could do to offer him a place to live while he tries to finish his education at a nearby college.

I won't go into too much detail here, but things were real messy with the goofy ex and as a result, BIL was really put through the wringer and the son was shuffling around a lot. With the limited housing options out there for the money he was getting from the government to attend school, he didn't need the extra headaches of dealing with strange people in a dinky environment, so Pene and I took them in at a lower rent than what he'd pay for 1/3 the space. It doesn't hurt at all that the rent money helps us pay our mortgage as well. Big win-win for everyone involved.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. " I "
won the Hamster House game!
and apparently I'm having trouble getting everyone here on OT to recognize my accomplishment!
How many times am I gonna have to tell ya'll this?

Showin off my win! Thanks Cahaya-wonderful game!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I "
I have no idea what the game is...but congrats.

-A Tribetastic Creation

09-23-11, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I "
I appreciate you noticing. Thank you.
You can find the Finale here: http://tinyurl.com/hamsterhousefinale

There are 5 other week threads before that!

D'Abby Special

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I "

Oh, I'm sorry Leggs, did you win something?

actually, congrats you kicked a$$ and took names!

09-24-11, 09:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: I "

Showin off my win! Thanks Cahaya-wonderful game!

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-11, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Proud grandparent of 4 now. Just had another grandson. 3 grandsons and 1 grandaughter.

Boot Ed

09-23-11, 03:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Congratulations!
Nice that you delurked for a moment.

I notice you said grandparent; you don't want us to know if you are a grandpeach or a grandbanana?

Me thinks the Boot Ed declares you a banana, right?

Joker Original 8/2011

09-23-11, 03:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Congrats on the grandson! Glad to have you lurk on here...

09-23-11, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Congratulations!

09-23-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-11 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

My son's high school water polo team came back from 4 goals down in the last 3 minutes of the game to upset one of the top teams in their division. My son scored two of the goals.

It was a really exciting game but I didn't have my camera!

09-23-11, 08:44 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
wow! good for him; bet you are a proud pappa

Joker Original 8/2011

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-11, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Random sharing:

1. I am somewhat depressed to see summer is coming to an end. We had such a sucky spring, then a magnificant summer here.

2. One thing I do look forward to in the fall is the start of NFL. That said, I am really struggling in all of my football pools. To wit, I lasted an average of 1/2 a week for both Survivor pools.

3. Speaking of Survivor, I am very creeped out by Brandon. This may be the first "going postal" due to the charms of a Jezzabel in the history of the show, and I am not 100% certain I want to bear witness to it.

4. There is yet another election in front of us - Provincial this time, and with each election I grow more and more disillusioned and detatched.

5. I have to work all weekend. That said, I am thankful to be working.

6. While I have been somewhat remiss in my postings, I have never left. I often pop by to see what's up, and will continue to do so.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-23-11, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
Hmmm. Do I have anything to brag about? Not really sure.

How about this. I'll brag about my 23 year old DD who is quite the go-getter and entrepreneur. What really made me proud and gave me a laugh last week is that she sold her 1992 Chevy Cavalier, that she's had for four years and put about 60,000 miles on, for $100 more than she originally paid for it!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

09-23-11, 08:46 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
you taught her well!

Joker Original 8/2011

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-23-11, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
I read your post and now I can't stop singing in my head "eight is enough to fill our house with love" and that isn't a bad thing. I am imagining your house full of craziness and fun times right now (in addition to a little stress of having others in the house).

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-11, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "CTgirl will become MAgirl"
and not because I forgot my password!

DH was promoted and transferred to Boston. He started last week so now we will have a commuting marriage until we decide where we want to live in the Boston area and sell our house here in CT. Our son is a senior in college so we decided that we wanted to have one last Christmas in the house he grew up in. Consequently we won't put the house on the market until early next year. I have mixed feelings about the move - we've lived here for 17 years and have a nice life but I have always felt more comfortable in the Boston area than in metro-NY. If I'm really lucky we will move back to the same town we lived in before we moved to CT. That all depends on the traffic patterns during DH's commute.

I have been in the process of cleaning out the attic and closets for the past month. It is amazing how much crap you can accumulate over time! I had a tag sale last weekend and did pretty well - but still didn't get rid of enough stuff!!

We just went to our last Parent's Weekend at Bucknell this weekend. That was a bittersweet experience. Where does the time go??!!

Outdone by Agman

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-11, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Companion Thread: Be a DAW! Brag or share..."
I'm not feeling really "braggish" lately, but since I want to play along I will brag that I was the boat driver that dumped my two teenaged kids off their tubes in this epic wipeout:

Inducing a face-plant from YofferBoy off the front of tube is brag-worthy in my books.

For the record, I am so done with driving for the kids tubing. I would much rather drive for waterskiing or wakeboarding.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •