The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9: The Chain"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-25-03, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9: The Chain"
From Scott:

The full listing for this episode will be:
Survivor: The Amazon
The Chain
60 min.
A ninth person is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host.

And the lucky reward winner is treated to a live concert set by Fleetwood Mac, making a surprise guest appearance.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9: The Chain Krautboy 03-25-03 1
   RE: Episode 9: The Chain tribephyl 03-25-03 4
 RE: Episode 9: The Chain slowr 03-25-03 2
   RE: Episode 9: The Chain DoodleBug 03-27-03 11
       RE: Episode 9: The Chain Brownroach 03-31-03 23
 RE: Episode 9: The Chain munson 03-25-03 3
 RE: Episode 9: The Chain Thaibeach 03-26-03 5
   RE: Episode 9: The Chain munson 03-26-03 6
       RE: Episode 9: The Chain evanakm 03-26-03 7
       RE: Episode 9: The Chain Spidey 03-27-03 8
           RE: Episode 9: The Chain Brownroach 03-27-03 10
           RE: Episode 9: The Chain tribephyl 03-27-03 12
               RE: Episode 9: The Chain Spidey 03-27-03 13
                   RE: Episode 9: The Chain munson 03-27-03 15
                       RE: Episode 9: The Chain Spidey 03-27-03 16
                           RE: Episode 9: The Chain tribephyl 03-28-03 17
                           RE: Episode 9: The Chain munson 03-28-03 19
   RE: Episode 9: The Chain OBX 03-27-03 14
 RE: Episode 9: The Chain ulalame 03-27-03 9
 A couple of different ideas: SurvivinDawg 03-28-03 18
   RE: A couple of different ideas: ginger 03-28-03 20
       RE: A couple of different ideas: prn 03-29-03 21
           RE: A couple of different ideas: frisky 03-29-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-25-03, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Any one of the likely combinations of two men leaving in the next two episodes leaves us with 4-4 men and women in EP9...perfect opportunity for a reward challenge involving pairs of man/woman teams competing for the traditional date reward.

The challenge could involve the pairs being "chained" together, involve a "chain" of events in which they compete, or the challenge may be called "the chain"...

Regardless of where the "chain" comes into play, it looks like the conditions will be right to continue the theme of "sexual tension" as men and women compete together in pairs for the luxury reward "date".

Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-03, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Any one of the likely combinations of two men leaving in the next two episodes leaves us with 4-4 men and women in EP9.

I thought this JP quote spoiler was "started with 5 vs. 3, they had the upper-hand until, one of them switched and it became 4 vs. 4." I took this to mean 5 men and 3 women with 1 man ultimately switching sides. I could be off though.

The rest of this...is right on!

perfect opportunity for a reward challenge involving pairs of man/woman teams competing for the traditional date reward.
The challenge could involve the pairs being "chained" together, involve a "chain" of events in which they compete, or the challenge may be called "the chain"...

Regardless of where the "chain" comes into play, it looks like the conditions will be right to continue the theme of "sexual tension" as men and women compete together in pairs for the luxury reward "date".

The old "Ball and Chain" double gag.

tribephyl

slowr 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-25-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slowr Click to send private message to slowr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-03 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

Or...a reference to the Fleetwood Mac song "The Chain"?

Edited to say oops...thought the concert reward was real! Flashbacks to BB3 with Sheryl Crowe.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the Fleetwood Mac concert reward. However, it could be a double meaning... maybe.

03-31-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Doodlebug, I added the "concert reward" to the original post as a joke. Because I, too, thought of the FM song when I read the Ep title.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-25-03, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Chain of FOOLS, no doubt!

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-26-03, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Could it refer to a chain being "only as strong as its weakest link?"

This could mean either the "chain" (alliance) of women, who are likely to assume Christy will return to the fold along with Heidi, or to the "chain" of men (who may not realize Rob is now allied with the women).

But knowing EPMB, it's probably a reference to a challenge where pairs get chained together and run (hopefully not nekkid) through the jungle.

03-26-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Very good thought. I also think this could refer to a chain (alliance) being only as strong as it's weakest link (member). Combine this with tribephyl's mention of the JP interview quote and I think we see a defection from the 5-3 majority in E9.

JP was referring to the inability of contestants to deny their true nature and character. Despite the fact that the majority alliance had the smaller group set up to be Pagonged and let the end game play out, one of them, for personal reasons, makes a choice that throws the whole outcome into question.

But who could it be? Is this the time when Rob's double dealing ways finally catch up with him as mentioned by Ryan in his interview?

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-26-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
I think that Ryan's quote is a dead end, because Ryan would not know about anything after this point, and Rob is probably not getting voted off in E7. The only possibility is that Alex or Dave gets voted off and tells Ryan that he was stabbed in the back by Rob and that the remaining men are going to avenge him, which of course means nothing spoiling wise.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
I think we see a defection from the 5-3 majority in E9.

The Ep 7 TC vote went 7-3. So now it is technically 7-2, with Dave and Butch supposedly next.

How to we get to a 5-3 split going into Ep 9 TC, given the current configuration of alliances? Is it possible? Say Dave gets IN, Butch is not a threat, so they go after Matt in Ep 8, because he is a challenge threat and apparently a safety risk to the others. But then we are at 6-2 going into Ep 9, unless a moron defects from the majority. Maybe Dave's charms have worked on her? And they recruit Alex, who knows his days are numbered? Force the tie and hope for the best?

OR

Could Jiffy have been speaking hypothetically, or with fake numbers used as an example? Would he just give away what happens at Ep 9 TC? Remeber, Jiffy is well trained in the art of subtle misdirection.

03-27-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Could Jiffy have been speaking hypothetically, or with fake numbers used as an example? Would he just give away what happens at Ep 9 TC? Remeber, Jiffy is well trained in the art of subtle misdirection.

I don't remember where JP's quote was posted originally, but my impression when I first read it was that it was a hypothetical example.

However. Suppose Dave wins IC this week. Deena is most interested in getting the strong men out of the game. She won't be interested in booting Christy or Butch. Rob, likewise, probably isn't thinking about them right now.

So one of the Jaburu six must go. Let's say they get rid of Alex. Now we have a loose group of 3 (Dave, Butch, and Christy -- who probably will not become firmly allied with Deena et al) versus a group of 5 (Rob, Matt, Deena, Jenna, and Heidi).

The group of 5 is still in control, but what if Matt realizes that he is probably the next to go out of the 5? Jiffy made a point of saying Matt didn't have any idea how to play the game. So maybe Matt decides to take a chance by voting with Dave, Butch and Christy, resulting in a tie?

Not saying I think this will happen, but it's one way JP's hypothetical scenario could occur.

03-27-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
The Ep 7 TC vote went 7-3. So now it is technically 7-2, with Dave and Butch supposedly next.

From a strictly tribal count perspective, NewTam have 4 and NewJab have 5, after last night.
If they lose one more NewTam in Ep.8, it would be 3-5.
Leading us to Ep.9, When one Jab switchs to Tam to get rid of another Jab. Making it 4-4 at TC.
Which exact NewJab switches I don't want to go into here...now.

Could Jiffy have been speaking hypothetically, or with fake numbers used as an example? Would he just give away what happens at Ep 9 TC?

He could be speaking hypothetically, yet he also does hide lil nuggets in plain sight as well. He learned it from MB.

tribephyl

03-27-03, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-03 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

From a strictly tribal count perspective, NewTam have 4 and NewJab have 5, after last night.

True, but Jiffy said "you think it's going to be 5-3." There is no way anyone thinks it'll be New Jab v. New Tam. Do you?

03-27-03, 10:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
I think most of NewJab do, indeed, think it will be 5-3 after Dave is voted out next. BUT, following Dave's boot, I think many will try to make the BIG move that gets them to the end game.

Deena will want to get rid of immunity threats Alex or Matt, keeping any of Heidi/Butch/Christie.

Why wouldn't Rob agree to replace Deena with Heidi in the F3 alliance with Jenna?

Do Matt and Alex realize they are the minority pair against the majority trio?

Jenna will not, WILL NOT, vote against Heidi ever. This alliance is not verbalized, but does anyone think it didn't form in the first few days. This is where Jenna's loyalties are, not Rob and Jenna.

I'm convinced this group of players is too game savvy to not make the moves no one would in the previous versions. At least I'm hoping they are!

03-27-03, 10:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
I still don't get to 5-3

New Jab: Deena, Jenna, Rob, Matt, Alex.

New Tam: Dave, Butch, Christy, Heidi

Lose Dave, now although we technicall have 5-3, Heidi is definitely with Jenna, and I see absolutely NO alliance btw. Butch/Christy (though it may still happen). She voted for him, he voted for her. No, they don't hold each other in distain, but where is any proof Christy isn't with the chicks? She and Deena seemed to be getting along swimmingly at the IC.

Sorry, I just don't see it, but I'll stop beating the dead horse now.

03-28-03, 00:50 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Lose Dave, now although we technically have 5-3, Heidi is definitely with Jenna, and I see absolutely NO alliance btw.

Well there is our defection. You said it. Jenna sides with Heidi to take out one of the NewJab (Alex/Matt/Rob).

tribephyl
dead horse still kickin'

03-28-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
Just for clarification, since the horse IS dead and beaten, my point was AS A GROUP, NewJab is sticking to their stated plan and is up 5-3. Technically, we agree. We agree again that the only link between Butch and Christie, at this point, is they are outsiders of the core 5 NewJab - Butch has no link to it at all while Christie is an auxillary member.

As INDIVIDUALS, the NewJab5 are preparing and deploying separate strategies. Therefore, the "Chain" is not as strong as it needs to be to see the NewJab final 5 play out. Too many weak links.

Horse buried and gone away...

OBX 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-27-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OBX Click to send private message to OBX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
if dave and butch didn't realize that the men are no longer allianed, then they are more stupid then they look. i think its obvious that they know the "men" alliance is no more. now butch will side with christy. dave will try heidi on for size only to pay for it when she votes him off. alex is shawna's used goods and rob is an ass. a funny ass mind you, the song dedication was really funny.

jenna beats matthew after heidi, christy and butch are the final 3 voted off.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 9: The Chain"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-03 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

This sounds suspiciously like the challenge pics which have been posted for E8 -- i.e. two players "chained" together to compete for some kind of reward. I wonder if he'd do this two episodes in a row, or if there is some ramification to the "chained together" challenge from E8 that ends up impacting the game in E9.

Edited to fix a typo.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "A couple of different ideas:"
Jiffy tells some Amazon story about someone being chained, then they do the IC thing.

Also, and this is admittedly far out there, there is a chapter in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged titled "The Chain". Considering that several participants, particularly Dave, expressed a liking for Rand and Atlas Shrugged, perhaps it could mean something related to Dave.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: A couple of different ideas:"
There is also the food chain to consider.

prn 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-29-03, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail prn Click to send private message to prn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: A couple of different ideas:"

What about a chain reaction, or chain of fools...

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-03, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: A couple of different ideas:"
...chain of command...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •