The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christy-Butch relationship"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-03, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christy-Butch relationship"
I have noticed that many people seem to think that Christy and Butch have a relationship similar to Roger-Liz or Pappy-Neleh.

What is interesting about that in my mind, is that as an individual nobody would have thought that any of those 4 survivors (Roger, Liz, Pappy or Neleh) would go very far in the game. They are not very strong physically. However, in actuality each of them made it to the final 5.

Now we have Christy-Butch. Again, a couple of people that don't look very impressive physically, but who are generally likable. Although a sample size of 2 is not very impressive, it does give us some idea how MB likes to edit his near winners. I would think that since we are seeing a Christy-Butch relationship, there is a good chance that they each go far, but neither of them win it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The threat of being liked JohnMc 03-21-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The threat of being liked"
I agree that a Roger/Lis or Pappy/Neleh alliance is beneficial, it also makes it hard to get to the jury. Colby/Tina/Keith all knew that they couldn't beat Roger or Lis if they made it to F2 because they were so well liked. Tina couldn't even beat them. And even Pappy could have beaten Kathy because he was also well liked. (Neleh kind of screwed up her game with Mint-gate, but she could have won had she played the Rotu 4 better on the jury. I don't think she could have won against Kathy, though, because Kathy was seen as the strongest survivor who also grew the most in Marquesas.) Anyway, all that to say that the nice guys are a MAJOR threat on the jury. If you are well-liked, you can win. Just ask Tina or Ethan! Thus you have to get rid of likable people if you want to win the game. That's why Brian got rid of Helen and Jan. Yeah, he had a hidden alliance w/Clay, but why? Because he could beat Clay but not Helen, Jan, or Ted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •