The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-07, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
I'm wondering, who respects what he did as "gameplay"? And who thinks he crossed a line that only Johnny Fairplay might cross?

I don't believe him for a second when he says he was planning all this from the start - and neither did Jiffy I suspect. I just don't think he's that bright. I think he was indeed flying by the seat of his pants.

And he didn't even give You the friggin' truck back? WTF?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Pretty_Kitty 05-14-07 1
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Max Headroom 05-14-07 2
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... mysticwolf 05-14-07 17
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 3
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... jbug 05-14-07 9
       RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Colonel Zoidberg 05-14-07 10
           RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... jbug 05-14-07 12
           RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... celula 05-14-07 18
           RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... tamarama 05-14-07 23
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Jims02 05-14-07 4
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... alaholly 05-14-07 5
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Estee 05-14-07 6
       RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Jims02 05-14-07 8
           RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... foonermints 05-14-07 13
           RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Chez 05-14-07 26
               RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... kingfish 05-14-07 27
       RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... RollDdice 05-15-07 33
           RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... jbug 05-15-07 35
               RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... RollDdice 05-16-07 41
                   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... foonermints 05-16-07 42
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Hokiebird 05-14-07 7
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... vennui 05-14-07 11
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... aquariaqueen 05-14-07 14
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... mysticwolf 05-14-07 15
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... jimtruha 05-14-07 16
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... kingfish 05-14-07 19
       RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... whsprngmdw 05-14-07 20
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... maryellennaco 05-15-07 39
 And you know what really gets me? Cathy the Canadian 05-14-07 21
   RE: And you know what really gets m... Brownroach 05-14-07 22
   RE: And you know what really gets m... kingfish 05-14-07 24
       RE: And you know what really gets m... foonermints 05-14-07 25
       RE: And you know what really gets m... CTgirl 05-14-07 28
 Do you think he'll still have the t... aquariaqueen 05-14-07 29
   RE: Do you think he'll still have t... kingfish 05-14-07 31
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... mocha madness 05-14-07 30
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Round Robin 05-15-07 32
       RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Thaibeach 05-15-07 34
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Cyndimaus 05-15-07 36
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Brownroach 05-15-07 37
   RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... Sunny_Bunny 05-15-07 40
 RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Sur... maryellennaco 05-15-07 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
I totally agree! However when it comes to schmucks Alex is a close second in my book. What was up with the Cassaundra bashing? Oh and Lisi need to buy a clue!!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-07, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Dreamz got what he deserved in the end-- chewed out by more than one jury member, a very unflattering portrayal on the show, and zero votes to win.

By the time he reached F4, he should've known that the only person he might be able to beat at the end was Cassandra. With the announcement of the final 3 going to the jury, he was out of luck as either Earl or Yau-Man (or both) would be there against him. So why not keep his integrity and give up the II? The prize difference between fourth and 2nd/3rd tie can't be that much, even for someone who doesn't have a lot of resources.

What a moron.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Yeah. DH & I also thought that, but I think Dre was hoping he could buffalo peeps into rewarding him for his "gameplay". Unfortunately, he screwed that up, too. Although he might have had a slim chance if he'd played it differently in the end. *points down*

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-07, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Fairplay crossed a line that he got roasted for at F3 - he lost an immunity challenge to a woman who was thought to be useless, she toyed with him and embarrassed him, and then she voted him out, giving the million to his hated nemesis. Plus, though he was a star, there was no way in hell he was coming back for All-Stars because I'm pretty sure Probst hated him more than he hated Greg Buis, if such a thing is possible.

Dreamz? Yes, he was obnoxious. But he had a likable side that people may have been starting to see later in the show. And then he goes and Randals up his edit. Frankly, there were a number of benefits to giving up the necklace, even if he's voted out. The right person wins. He can keep his word, as he said he would, and his son would respect him. People would think he's a hell of a nice guy. He would win a lot of respect, and he would probably lock up a spot on the next All-Stars. Aside from that, he would probably have made a friend for life in Yau-Man, who would have at least invited him to dinner, I'm sure.

Sound corny? Consider what happened. Everyone hates him. He went to the F3 and got roasted over an open fire. The F3 finale was actually beaten in just a mere two seasons - the Cook Islands twist that worked to perfection there blew up in the producers' faces in Fiji, where they were expecting Yau-Man and Earl to clean up. Yau-Man loses, and even Earl, the winner, kind of comes of looking like a jerk for ditching Yau-Man (though, to be fair, he's not a fraction of the jerk Dreamz is.) Dreamz couldn't win. Factor in the car, the backstab, and that Earl's still in the F3, and there's no way in hell Dreamz could have won.

Rocky may have given him a respect vote, but no one else there respected him. Now he's the @$$hole who ran off with a $60,000 truck, ditched the beloved Yau-Man, and has a positively stupid name to boot. (Though, to be fair, no variant of his goofy moniker is really any better. Should have gone with Apollo and been done with it. And been more respectable.)

Yau-Man's too nice a guy to make him pay. If I got voted out the way he was, I would have made Judd's exit look like he just won the frigging Miss America pageant. Rest assured, he would have been called something far worse than "scumbag," and even if I had to give up the $75,000 or so for fourth place if I clubbed him with my torch, it would have been worth it.

Here's to hoping Yau-Man lands on his feet in All-Stars 2 and Dreamz get hit in the head with a stick and wakes up a decent human being. And changes his name. As I said, Apollo would be fine.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Here's to hoping Yau-Man lands on his feet in All-Stars 2

If there is a AS2 and Yau makes it there, unfortunately any other players who watched this season would probably get rid of him rather quickly - considering how well he played the game this season. He sure won his share of challenges and played strategy that we haven't seen since Hatch!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Either Yau-Man is an early boot a la Richard or Colby in All-Stars (either his entire tribe seeks to vote him off early because of his reputation or a power-mad player takes control and eliminates him as a threat) or he takes control, becomes useful, and goes far. It all depends on the dynamic of the game. Dr. Will of Big Brother fame had the same problem and he went far (albeit in the most absurd way possible.) Yau-Man could theoretically do the same.

05-14-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
I see your point (however not having watched BB, I can't "see" the comparison). But I will take your word for it!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

celula 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail celula Click to send private message to celula Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Dr. Will of Big
>Brother fame had the same
>problem and he went far
>(albeit in the most absurd
>way possible.) Yau-Man could theoretically
>do the same.
>

I just had a funny image of Yau-Man initiating a strategic "showmance" with a curvy blond in ASS2. Go Yau!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-07, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Agreed, Col.

In A.S.S. 1, the power players kinda tippy-toed around at the very beginning -- trying to downplay their reputations as big gamers. Alas, it didn't work -- all the mid-gamers knuckled down & picked them off like nits.

If there's an A.S.S. 2, I don't see the power players making that mistake again. They'll probably start working it right away & band together for protection.

And stomp the living carp out of any Jenna L's that may be out there.

(Yul & Yao together? Or Chris & Jonathan? hehhehheh.)

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-07 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

As mentioned already, the worst part about it is that Dreamz never really had a chance to win the game, given the Final 3 format this year. He pretty much took the truck from Yau, denied Yau a million dollars, just so that he could finish 2nd/3rd. Both Earl & Yau would've beaten the crap out of him with the jury even before the deal-breaking. He'd have to expect that breaking the deal might hurt him in the finals too.

If I would've made a deal like that, I would've kept it. Especially if either Earl or Yau Man would end up in the finals anyway. For me, accepting a truck kinda transcends any in-game alliance promise-breaking.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-14-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Dre? No critical thinking skills...
dumb as a rock.

I'm sure he made his son proud.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
And you've almost got to think that if Dreamz had kept his word, he would currently be in the middle of a public adoration love/giftfest that would make what David & Mary received look like a 'thanks for coming' coffee mug. He'd be on every morning and afternoon talk show in sight, getting free tokens of sponsor appreciation that would probably start at the 'new house' level. He'd be an icon. A small-scale, short-lived icon for the public -- but a very well-rewarded one.

You've almost got to think that. He didn't.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Exactly. Now Dreamz needs to worry about driving that truck around, just so people don't key the side of his car. It's almost as if Dreamz forgot that he was on television when he did that.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
»just so people don't key the side of his car«

Now now, let's not give people ideas.

Handcrafted by RollDice
*looks in garage for plasma cutter*

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-14-07, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Kharma is a payback. Sorry to say, I feel that truck will prove unlucky for him.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
The IRS doesn't know from Karma. But the $10K bill from them next 4/15 will be Dreamz's karma. I predict a truck fire or firesale soon.

What tickles me about him is imagining him leading cheers. Think he is capable of speaking clearly one letter at a time?

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-07, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Estee said: He'd be on every morning and afternoon talk show in sight, getting free tokens of sponsor appreciation that would probably start at the 'new house' level. He'd be an icon. A small-scale, short-lived icon for the public -- but a very well-rewarded one.

I agree, right up to the mili-second before he opened his mouth. He's an idiot and he'd quickly say something that would cause the media to say 'Aww, damn" and pack up.

Dreamz didn't seem to think much beyond his next inhale/exhale cycle.

05-15-07, 08:52 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Dreamz didn't seem to think much beyond his next inhale/exhale cycle.

Sitting on the couch w/ RollDdice. Dre played by the seat of his pants - as Jeff tried to get him to admit.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-07, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Sitting on the couch w/ RollDdice.

Nice couch, isn't it?
I'd like to see someone connect the dots on Dreamz. How do you go from homeless kid to cheerleader coach?

05-16-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Oh, I know.

Hops on couch.

Hokiebird 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-14-07, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hokiebird Click to send private message to Hokiebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Not only do I detest Dreamz more than JohnnyFoulplay, but also I hate the damage he has done both to the homeless popluation and people of color. Face it, in front of quite a few televisions in America last night, quite a few thick-headed, ignorant people were saying some version of, "Well, what more can you expect of a dumb, homeless 'ugly word for African Americans'. They're all just homeless becuase they're shifty, stupid, lazy, etc, etc."

So much for being a spokesperson for the homeless. His actions hurt a forgotten, forsaken part of our population desperately in need of our help.

I truly detest him for that. Just detest him.

vennui 702 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vennui Click to send private message to vennui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"

I believe that Dreamz truly believed that he had played the homeless card and anything else didn't matter.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-14-07, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-07 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

>quite a few thick-headed, ignorant
>people were saying some version
>of, "Well, what more can
>you expect of a dumb,
>homeless 'ugly word for African
>Americans'. They're all just
>homeless becuase they're shifty, stupid,
>lazy, etc, etc."

He did look like that compared to Earl and Cassandra....college administrator, advertising business man. Earl stood up for how hard he had to work, and having been raised by a single mother.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
I agree that he hadn't planned on this from the start. I think that, had Jiffy not told them in advance that it would be an F3 FC, he would have kept his word, however.

I also think that, if he had admitted that, he might have been able to beat Earl in the vote. Maybe not, but I think he would have at least had some votes cast his direction if he'd been up front about when he decided to renege, and why.

He could have even spun the lesson he wanted to teach his son if he'd been smart enough to think about it.

Yes. It is important to be a man of your word. But, when the chips are down and you're in a fight for your own life, you have to keep fighting and not give up.

Of course I agree that Yau should have tried harder to get Dre to vote with him & take out Cassandra, or at least force a tie, but I doubt it would have worked. Everyone there knew that no one was going to beat Yau if he was in the race at the end. Including Yau. Which, imo, is why he didn't really try.

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary

jimtruha 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-07, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jimtruha Click to send private message to jimtruha Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
SAD, IMMATURE DECISION

This all boils down to one key moment. Dreamz had the opportunity to demonstrate to umpteen million people that at heart he is a pricipled guy willing to do the right thing (follow through on a committment, even to his own potential detriment).

Had he done this, the outcome would have been no different (he wouldn't have won the million).

BUT he would have been the toast of the entire western hemisphere for showing that a product of the streets could transcend his background and become something greater.

Had he done THAT, he would have been set. Major interviews, talk shows, maybe a book deal. Who knows?

So, to the basic question...was he merely "playing the game" or flying by the seat of his pants? Well, had he thought it through - in other words if he was a sharp guy, even lacking the principles, he would have given immunity to Yau man.

As it is all he has to show for his experience is a nice truck and a GLOBAL reputation as a soundrel.

05-14-07, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-07 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

No, Dre played well, even if it was off the wall and incoherent. But he goofed up when he accepted Yau's deal, after that he had no realistic chance. If he had turned down Yau's truck offer, and the challenges and TCs still played out the same way till F4, Yau would still have been eliminated because Earl would still have to had to vote him out. He would have still had basically the same decision, to be in F3 with Cass. and either Yau or Dre, even though Dre that wouldn't have been quite as negative as he was after he backstabbed Yau.

Yau was still the worst one to be up against at F3. The show of hands at reunion indicated this.

Which BTW, was what Dre had to do (backstabbing Yau). As he said (I think, with dre who knows, really) it is a game, and you play within the rules but you play for the million, the objective is not integrity, it is to finish first. The rules do not proscribe lying and going back on your word. And if backstabbing yau gets him the best result, that is what he should do.

So at F3, with earl, Cass and a rehabilitated Dre, Earl still would of won, probably, most likely he still had the majority of votes. But Dre would have stood a slightly better chance, and who knows, with crazy Lisi, alex, maybe some others, maybe there would have some votes for Dre.

whsprngmdw 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whsprngmdw Click to send private message to whsprngmdw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
What ticks me off about the amoral Dreamz is that he REALLY believes he fooled us all into believing the whole imm.idl. farce. He really is dumb, and certainly sets a poor example for all those kids he was allegedly going to help.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-07, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
And about 10 working brain cells. I vote for the "seat of the pants" theory. And the pants had holes in them!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "And you know what really gets me?"
He's never apologized, he has that stupid grin on his face like he's done nothing wrong, and he just doesn't seem to get that everyone thinks he's a big loser for what he did.

It was the same thing on the Early Show this morning - all smiles, no apologies. No regrets. I think this guy really is thick as a brick, as someone said.

And the irony is, as someone pointed out, had he done the right thing, he'd be a hero now ala Colby, on the cover of People magazine, with someone giving him a house for his family.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: And you know what really gets me?"
Well he did apologize to Yau-Man at TC right after the votes were cast.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

05-14-07, 05:23 PM (EST)
24. "RE: And you know what really gets me?"
I don't think he did anything to apologize for, except for the goof up in his acceptance of the truck deal. That was dumb, and cost him the game. That was not a good example of good game play.

He made the best decision within the rules at F3, though. He fought for the best outcome he could get. If he had given up the necklace, he would have lost any remaining chance at the million. So it is a good example for his kid or anyone else watching to make the smartest decision he could with in the rules. He didn't cheat, so his son isn't negatively influenced there, and he didn't let peer pressure or public opinion sway him from the smart thing to do.

I'd call that setting a very good example. And, although I was surprised, I applauded that decision.

I agree that his excuse making was off-putting, and I didn't believe him either. I think that was as a result of his street education, which seems to have been 'talk fast, don't stop talking, and don't admit mistakes', but he isn't dumb, he proved that with his miraculous escapes during the course of the show.

His incoherence and his wishywashy excuse making was pretty poor, but I would be willing to bet that he made enough of an impression on the audience that he will get his talk show interviews and sponsor freebies.

05-14-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
25. "RE: And you know what really gets me?"
»he will get his talk show interviews and sponsor freebies.«

"MIKE BOOGIE STARRING IN MOVIE!!!"

Please get this piece of DreCK removed from my TV.

trifecta

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-07, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: And you know what really gets me?"
I agree that his excuse making was off-putting, and I didn't believe him either. I think that was as a result of his street education, which seems to have been 'talk fast, don't stop talking, and don't admit mistakes', but he isn't dumb, he proved that with his miraculous escapes during the course of the show.

I agree Kingfish. Someone in another thread called him a hustler, which I thought was an apropos description. Also I respect Yauman's opinion of him, that he is smart but an "undisciplined thinker." The key now is, is he going to learn and mature from this experience? Who knows?!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-14-07, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Do you think he'll still have the truck next year, and what condition?"
This guy doesn't seem to know wrong from nonsense.....how in the world will he know how to maintain such a vehicle? Insurance, OLF, much less window washer fluid....will he still have it after a year?

05-14-07, 08:34 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Do you think he'll still have the truck next year, and what condition?"
Yeah, you know, that sets up a number of imaginary scenarios,

- Dreams going for his drivers license, and pulling his ditsy monologue of street speak if he has to explain failing one of the tests.

- Dreams explaining to a cop on the side of the road why no license, and/or no tags, and/or no insurance.

Then trying to get it out of the impound lot.

- Or, Or, even better, explaining to the IRS that he can't pay the tax on the truck.

Move over, Mr Hatch.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-14-07, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
I have a little different take...Dreamz is a Schmuck, but he is an ignorant schmuck. As someone else stated, he is a street hustler who pulled his illiterate responses out of his #####. However, the real issue is that you don't make deals with ignornant people! They can not ever be trusted.

Yau is a very smart guy, and remember, he offered a deal to an ignorant man. Yau applied "western" standards to the deal, and everyone expected that Dreamz would honor it. I mean everyone....look at this thread, Earl, Jeffie, Yau, and everyone else has weighed in that they thought Dreamz "would" honor his deal.

An ignorant person does not possess any perspective other than that of a street hustler....which is exactly what Dreamz is, and will always be. Yau sealed his fate, just like the Horsemen, when they trusted an ignorant Dreamz. Think how Mookie must feel. He is the one who spilled the beans about finding the immunity idol to Dreamz....who promptly babbled the information to anyone else who would listen.

Dreamz was a wild card from day one, and everyone should have targeted him from the very beginning to get rid of.....because he could NEVER be trusted.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-07, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Dreamz is flat out dumb as a box of rocks. If he thought he was screwed if he stuck to his deal, why didn't he go to Yau-Man and say, "Look, Yau, I didn't know when we made our deal that it was gonna be an F3, not an F2. I think I'm gonna get the boot for sure if I stick to our original deal. So what I wanna do is keep the necklace, then vote for the same person you do. That way the worst that can happen is a tie, and if they do a revote I'll still vote out the other person and if it's a tie again and they do the usual fire challenge tiebreaker, you'll kick butt." If he'd had a brain in his head, unless he doesn't follow Survivor much, this should have been pretty easy to figure out.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-15-07, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Count me as one who thinks Dreamz is lying through his teeth when he said he planned this all along. He was a total wildcard and if Earl made one mistake, it was keeping him around for so long when no one, including Dreamz himself, knew what he'd do next.

I would have more respect for him if he at least returned the truck to Yau-Man when he realized he couldn't honor their pact.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-15-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
Dreamz going back on his deal with Yau Man isn't a huge deal in and of itself. It's a common part of playing the game and you almost expect the lies and deceit. But I think where he crossed the line is that he stated several times that he wanted to show his son integrity by keeping his word. And at least one of the times he said that it was in a confessional. So it wasn't just "talk" for the game because noone else was listening. He said it to the camera. And usually what players say in confessional is really what is going on in their heads. If Dreamz had never spoken as he did in his confessional then I wouldn't have found his actions so disturbing. Others have used family members as "proof" of their intentions and it was just "words" so Dreamz didn't do anything new (other than the unique enormity of the deal) except that he proved to us that he had intended to keep his word by saying it in confessional.

Also, his reaction in tribal council after he said he'd keep immunity told an awful lot. Why would he agonize over the decision? Why would he cover his eyes up with his buff and look so upset? I believe that was a genuine reaction to the decision he'd made. He had plenty of time to "get over" the guilt and put on his game face and convince himself it didn't bother him.

I hated how he danced around the answers to Jeff's questions. Man up and admit how you played the game. The others did. If you got so far in the game by being sneaky and deceitful then tell everyone about it after the fact. Don't try to make yourself look good.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-07, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-07 AT 05:22 PM (EST)

From Yau-Man's Reality News Online interview:

Yau-Man: The last thing (Dreamz) told a few of us was he is going to sell the truck and donate the money to the homeless shelter that helped him. We all rolled our eyes and said we’ll believe it when we see it – make sure you have TV coverage when you do that.

RNO: I actually asked him what he was going to do with the truck.

Yau-Man: What did he tell you, what he told us?

RNO: No. He said he hadn’t decided yet.

The end of Dreamz's interview:

Dreamz: That’s pretty much it. I had a plan and it followed through. Everything didn’t go as planned, but in the end it turned out perfect, as planned.

Oh-kaaay...

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-07, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-07 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

Dreamz: That’s pretty much it. I had a plan and it followed through. Everything didn’t go as planned, but in the end it turned out perfect"

Oh sure, if by "perfect" you mean you didn't walk away with a million dollars, and you are the most. despised. player. ever. lol

"

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-15-07, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Dreamz - Biggest Schmuck In Survivor History?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-07 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

Not to take anything away from Earl's win, but somebody should have smacked old Dreamz upside the head a couple of times for all his BAD bulldookey!!

Lord have mercy, the guy is full of sh*t!! Seriously,not jusr all the meandering around the morals of doing what he finally did, but just his whole tortured way of thinking about things.

I feel really sorry for how he had to grow up, but if he's not careful, his son is going to be worse off than he was. WHAT an idiot!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •