The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie's Scar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-19-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christie's Scar"
I have to say I was shocked to see the scars on her arm from the plastic surgery. I sure don't mind having my flabbing arms now.

I found it interesting that she was walking around town with Rhonda without her jacket and her arms exposed in a Cami top. Wasn;t she just crying in group about how she felt so scarred and felt like hamburger meat? Did she get over it that fast?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christie's Scar ForeverHotBabe 01-19-06 1
   RE: Christie's Scar truthhurtshuh2001 01-19-06 2
       RE: Christie's Scar sissy 01-19-06 3
       camisoles mimibunny 01-19-06 6
           RE: camisoles beckettrep 01-20-06 19
               RE: camisoles mimibunny 01-21-06 30
       RE: Christie's Scar LisaW 01-25-06 39
 RE: Christie's Scar eire_heart74 01-19-06 4
   RE: Christie's Scar eeyore 1191 01-19-06 5
       RE: Christie's Scar LisaW 01-25-06 40
 RE: Christie's Scar Hotchocolatebythefire 01-19-06 7
   RE: Christie's Scar Blueskies 01-19-06 9
       RE: Christie's Scar Ziggy 01-19-06 14
       RE: Christie's Scar Jumbo Shrimp 01-21-06 24
   RE: Christie's Scar LisaW 01-25-06 41
 RE: Christie's Scar Pixeltalk 01-19-06 8
   RE: Christie's Scar ForeverHotBabe 01-19-06 10
       RE: Christie's Scar Pixeltalk 01-19-06 13
   RE: Christie's Scar shayshay1 01-19-06 12
   RE: Christie's Scar Ziggy 01-19-06 15
 RE: Christie's Scar GoodnightLittleBear 01-19-06 11
 RE: Christie's Scar shelley_sargent 01-20-06 16
   RE: Christie's Scar GoodnightLittleBear 01-20-06 17
       RE: Christie's Scar SeagullSoars 01-20-06 18
       RE: Christie's Scar OklaBlue 01-20-06 20
           RE: Christie's Scar Blueskies 01-20-06 21
               RE: Christie's Scar shelley_sargent 01-21-06 22
   RE: Christie's Scar kchamp 01-21-06 26
 RE: Christie's Scar Ijustsharted 01-21-06 23
   RE: Christie's Scar Jumbo Shrimp 01-21-06 25
       RE: Christie's Scar shelley_sargent 01-21-06 27
           RE: Christie's Scar Jumbo Shrimp 01-21-06 28
               RE: Christie's Scar kchamp 01-21-06 29
                   RE: Christie's Scar sloopy 01-21-06 31
                       RE: Christie's Scar Zoey 01-21-06 32
                           RE: Christie's Scar roadrunner06 01-22-06 33
                               RE: Christie's Scar Twinkles 01-22-06 34
                           Just a hint mysticwolf 01-22-06 35
                               RE: Just a hint Jumbo Shrimp 01-23-06 36
                                   RE: Just a hint Reptillycus 01-23-06 37
 RE: Christie's Scar SOfan0221 01-23-06 38
 RE: Christie's Scar LisaW 01-25-06 42
   RE: Christie's Scar LisaW 01-25-06 43
       RE: Christie's Scar Zoey 01-25-06 44
   RE: Christie's Scar Pixeltalk 01-26-06 45
       RE: Christie's Scar Dayum Yankee 01-26-06 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ForeverHotBabe 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-19-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ForeverHotBabe Click to send private message to ForeverHotBabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christie's Scar"
The scar was prettyy bad. But like u eire heart I noticed she had her arms showing in a cute top with Rhonda. Maybe u can't see the scar when she is just walking with her arms down for this exercise. I can't beleive that dumb a** plastic surgen. Look what he did to her. He scarred her for life. I would sue. Whats his excuse for her mutilation, ooops!!

truthhurtshuh2001 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-19-06, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail truthhurtshuh2001 Click to send private message to truthhurtshuh2001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Her scar was ok. And for someone who has lost that weight her docter could have had her exercising where as that skin would not have been hanging.. But looking for a easy quick fix for your body and not dealing with the tru issue of eating is a bad thing in itself.. And why should the girls keep drinking and once again do any of these girls take meds for any problems..

sissy 30 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sissy Click to send private message to sissy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I think that Rhonda probably encouraged that whole being exposed thing along with walking around and comparing the other body parts. I know what its like to have a nasty scar like that ... its easy to say its not that bad, but until its on you, then you really don't know, she is probably is a mental state of "another reason to hate my body" due to the scar but she is definitely going to have to learn to love the good and the bad...she definitely needs to learn to love herself.

mimibunny 230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-19-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimibunny Click to send private message to mimibunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "camisoles"
I was surprised Christie was walking around with no cover-up. She does have long hair which covers the back of her arms. I am not fat and have no scars and I am too shy to wear those little tops. On this show the women really let it all hang out. Fat or thin they all seem to appear so comfortable with their bodies even though thats obviously not the case. Anyone else think that besides me?? I hate wearing teeny clothes.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-20-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: camisoles"
>I was surprised Christie was walking
>around with no cover-up. She
>does have long hair which
>covers the back of her
>arms. I am not fat
>and have no scars and
>I am too shy to
>wear those little tops. On
>this show the women really
>let it all hang out.
>Fat or thin they all
>seem to appear so comfortable
>with their bodies even though
>thats obviously not the case.
>Anyone else think that besides
>me?? I hate wearing teeny
>clothes.

Teeny clothes are made for teeny bodies. I don't have a teeny body thus I don't wear teeny clothes (besides the fact that it wouldn't really be 'age appropriate' for me). It drives me crazy when I see over-weight women (in particular) wear those short cropped tops and they have their big old gut hanging up - do they honestly think they look GOOD??? I imagine they do because I can't see them looking at themselves in a mirror, seeing how ridiculous they look, and then saying wow, I look like crap in this top - ok I'll wear it!" If they're wearing it they obviously think they look good - talk about being delusional - and I don't think it's a matter of being comfortable in their own skin - I think they just feel it's fashionable and don't really care that they may not have the body type for that particular fashion. At my current weight I wouldn't wear clothes like that even if I were 20.

mimibunny 230 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimibunny Click to send private message to mimibunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: camisoles"
I agree 100%..

LisaW 34 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Yes she does take meds.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christie's Scar"
The only scar I have is a c-section one. I call it my badge of honor! A constant reminder of motherhood!

Do you think Christie sees hers maybe in a same way. A call for anyone who asked gee how did that happen? to hear her story. Maybe she exposes it to get someone anyone to care to ask to listen? Because she doesn't seem that confindent in her looks. A person who was crying just that morning over it and then goes showing it off. She sure isn't over it.

I do feel bad for her. I have read many gastric bypasses just lead to more surgery because of the rapid weight lose. Skin can only be streched so far and it's hard to just work it out and think it will all shrink up.

This is an interesting begining for her.

eeyore 1191 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eeyore%201191 Click to send private message to eeyore%201191 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I believe too Rhonda encouraged the no jacket thing. it is weird how she walks around others with out it covered up though.

wonder if she only thinks about it when with men?? she had no problem walking around the other house mates with it showing.

it was a pretty bad scar though. thats why no plastic surgery for me.

interesting to see how she turns out.

01-25-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Christie has had these scares for a while. So she mostly ignores them. Plus when you walk around they face her inside and they don't pop out they way you would think. They are terrible scars. Seen them in person. The one thing I noticed is that she will cover up her lower body while exposeing more of her upper. She really has no problem walking around the pool in a bathing top. Like I said she will cover up her lower half.

Hotchocolatebythefire 111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hotchocolatebythefire Click to send private message to Hotchocolatebythefire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I don't think I'll be having any plastic surgery myself, I'll just have to live with my flabby arms also! But I thought she had a nice shape. To me, she looked great to have lost 130lbs. I can't imagine being scarred like that, I don't even like exposing stretch marks. I think I'll like her though.

sig by EnfanTerrible

"She's so thin and pretty, I bet she's married and has kids." *nose crinkles* "Can I make you a sammich?"
--Starting over freak

Blueskies 82 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueskies Click to send private message to Blueskies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I missed todays show. How much weight did she lose? And what surgerys did she have? How did the Dr. mess up?
IMO these gastric bypasses are becoming way to easy and frequent. I know about four people myself that have had them. And a few of them have had plastic surgey afterwards. Some people are putting on more weight just to get them!
Thanks to whoever answeres my ?'s.

Ziggy 79 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ziggy Click to send private message to Ziggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Blueskies...

Christie had gastric bypass surgery and lost 130 lb in about a year,(she was 267 lbs) and she ended up with flabby "wings" under her arms, resulting in a botched plastic surgery which left her with one arm thinner than the other and pretty bad scars where the doc stitched her up.

Jumbo Shrimp 1181 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to send private message to Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I think it was gastric bypass,Blueskies.I can't recall the amount of weight,but will review the tape if no one else has the info.The drs messed up when they removed the excess skin from her upper arm, and,there is a difference between the two.I feel sad when I see the things we women do.Let me restate that.I wish to God the Doc's out there would remember they are practicing the Art of Medicine.Then,when they work on whoever wants these types of surgery,the Drs. would realize the impact of a failure.JS

01-25-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Nope to your last remarks-marriage/kids.

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christie's Scar"
It's like Allison complaining about her mutilated body, then wearing lowcut tops that revealed (almost called attention to) the scar on her right breast. Weird.

ForeverHotBabe 84 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ForeverHotBabe Click to send private message to ForeverHotBabe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christie's Scar"
That is so true Pixeltalk I agree. Why did Allie wear those LOW, LOW cut tops all the time? The scar is not Christie's fault of course. Maybe its just LA it is warm out there, and mabe she does feel comfortable wearing no jacket. Is she going to wear jackets the entire time in the house? I think not. I think she is an attactive woman. I feel for u losing all that weight and being stuck with all the extra skin. That would suck.

01-19-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pixeltalk Click to send private message to Pixeltalk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Yeah and it is way more than the flabby arms most of us have. I mean, with some of these people who lose 100+ pounds, they get surgery and remove pounds and pounds of skin (yeccch).

shayshay1 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-19-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shayshay1 Click to send private message to shayshay1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Christie's Scar"
>It's like Allison complaining about her
>mutilated body, then wearing lowcut
>tops that revealed (almost called
>attention to) the scar on
>her right breast. Weird.

LOL,Oh! Pixie, why did you have to say that,now it looks like Christie is gonna steal Allisons thunder, get ready for a knock at the door, LOL

Ziggy 79 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ziggy Click to send private message to Ziggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christie's Scar"
>It's like Allison complaining about her
>mutilated body, then wearing lowcut
>tops that revealed (almost called
>attention to) the scar on
>her right breast. Weird.

I thought of Allison too. Strange to hear women claiming to be self conscious about their bodies, then wear low cut tops and tight jeans! When i'm not feeling good about my body, i'm in oversized t shirts and baggy tops.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I think the producers or Rhonda made her wear that top but I expected her to try and cover the scars by folding her arms or something. I think most people who are that self-conscious about scars would do that.

I feel a little bad for her but she should thank her lucky stars that the scars are someplace that can be covered until she can have something done and not someplace else, like her face. When I see burn victims who stay positive regardless of their facial scars, I can hardly feel sad for women like Christie.

shelley_sargent 73 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shelley_sargent Click to send private message to shelley_sargent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I will be getting the gastric bypass surgery in February. I wouldnt call it an easy way out now that I have really spent time researching it.
I used to think it was the easy way out, but after being on so many diets and losing weight only to gain it back as soon as I look at food and it is actually more unhealthy to continualy lose and gain over and over.
It is a major surgery not to be taken lightly. You have to change your eating for the rest of your life and battle nutritional deficiencies for hte rest of your life. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with your surgery such as leaks causing you to become septic and bleeding.
Your stomach is stapled to be the size of about HALF A MEDICINE CUP. You are only allowed to eat protein and green foods for the first year. NOTHING ELSE as you have to get only the good stuff in. Sweets will cause something called, "Dumping Syndrome" which is where your stomach cannot handle it so it dumps all the sugar into the instestine causing severe cramping, sweating and heart palpatations.
The cut off part of the intestine that actually absorbs the nutrients and calories so you HAVE to take vitamins, usually several for the rest of your life. It is no choice, you could kill yourself if you miss those vitamens and a lot of people have to get B12 shots because they cant absorb them.
This surgery has been known to reverse pain, joint deterioration, high blood pressure, hypercholestorlemia, diabetes, sleep apnea, etc. There are a lot of positives.
Anyway, Im not lectureing I just wanted to inform yall since some of you do not really know what is involved with the procedure.
That being said, I thought it odd that she was so upset about the scars and then went around without the jacket everywhere.

If you are interested in reading more about Gastric Bypass Surgery please visit http://www.obesityhelp.com
Shelley

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Good post! Thanks for the information. I know a lot of people are going this route and most of the people I know who have done it have been successful so far. A couple of people have ended up gaining their weight back (it is possible to stretch the stomach). What I found rather alarming is that I read that some people are having it done because insurance will pay for surgery to remove excess skin because it is considered reconstructive surgery due to another procedure. If you lose weight through dieting, insurance will not pay for it. As much as the medical profession and insurance companies are encouraging people to take the weight off, they are will not cover the skin removal unless you undergo surgery (which by the way is considered a serious and potentially life-threatening for anyone who is morbidly obese - any surgery is). I think that is reckless on the insurance companies part IMHO.

Good luck to you and I wish you the best!

SeagullSoars 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-20-06, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeagullSoars Click to send private message to SeagullSoars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I read that some people are having it done because insurance will pay for surgery to remove excess skin because it is considered reconstructive surgery due to another procedure.

Actually this is not correct. As a 3 1/2 year post Gastric bypass patient, I can assure you that insurances are doing everything in their power NOT to pay for reconstructive surgery. Also if you meet the criteria for redundant skin, it matters not if you lost it thru diet or surgery, they will then cover it. I also would just like to mention that exercise will NOT prevent redundant skin. Being morbidly obese stretches and fractures the skin, thus the stretch marks, it will never not be there or hang. Yes exercise will help a bit. I cannot get reconstructive surgery covered at this time.

To stay on topic, I know I never wear sleeveless or even cap sleeve shirts. and the hanging abdominal skin and thigh skin is as much of a problem. I too wonder how any of these women allow themselves to wear the skimpy type of clothing when they have "body image Issues" Let me TELL them about body image issues! LOL

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Christie's Scar"
You know there is money in it for doctors and it's a "hot" topic, because you see a ton of ads for it on TV and everywhere else.

Blueskies 82 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueskies Click to send private message to Blueskies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Good Luck Shelley! I hope everything goes OK for you!

01-21-06, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shelley_sargent Click to send private message to shelley_sargent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Christie's Scar"
>Good Luck Shelley! I hope everything
>goes OK for you!

Thanks! I hope all goes well for me too! I have been reading the memorial pages on the obesityhelp page and its starting to make me nervous!!
And just a bit to add to the other post, she is right, it is very difficult to get insurance to approve a pannilectomy (removal of the hanging belly skin) a lot of them want pictures of rashes and demand that this hanging skin must be prohibiting your from daily functions. My mom went through 3 appeals with her insurance after Gastric Bypass and they STILL wouldnt do it, even though it was pulling on her back.
Thanks again for all the well wishes, I will let you guys know about my progress after surgery!
Shell

kchamp 137 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kchamp Click to send private message to kchamp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Oh Shelley! My sister/best friend just had full GBS in late September. She read everything she could before deciding, found doctors with lots of experience and a support group. After the decision was decided to do the procedure it helped her not to worry and obsess about the what-ifs. It is important to have someone you are most comfortable with taking care of you the first week (even when in the hospital) and that you take the baby steps toward recovery at the right pace.

My sister has lost about 70lbs so far. I never hear her complain about her aching knee which taxed her for over a decade. All of her blood pressure, cholesterol...numbers are better. She's looking and feeling amazing physical. Giving piles of old clothes away which she'll never fit again.

Remember that Christie had an unusual botch up job by a Dr. who didn't know what he was doing. Don't think this would happen to you.

Shelley, this is such an exciting time for you. You ARE starting over! I'll ask my sister for the websites she finds most helpful.

Hang in there and congratulation for making it this far in the process.

KChamp

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ijustsharted Click to send private message to Ijustsharted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I wonder if she got a settlement? Did she say if she sued the Dr.? Just curious.

01-21-06, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to send private message to Jumbo%20Shrimp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Christie's Scar"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-06 AT 01:03 AM (EST)

She never mentioned law suit.Not yet,anyway.There should be a site to list the names of these butchers .Let women know whats the what, couse the doc's sure as hell aren't going to tell on each other.That is a very tight little club,as most of us know.

01-21-06, 01:26 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Christie's Scar"
>LAST EDITED ON 01-21-06
>AT 01:03 AM (EST)

>
>She never mentioned law suit.Not yet,anyway.There
>should be a site to
>list the names of these
>butchers .Let women know whats
>the what, couse the doc's
>sure as hell aren't going
>to tell on each other.That
>is a very tight little
>club,as most of us know.
>

ACTUALLY, there is a link on the obesityhelp website for plastic surgeon reviews and there are reviews of the good bad and ugly on there!

01-21-06, 01:55 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Glad to hear it. And pleased to have you here.JS

kchamp 137 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kchamp Click to send private message to kchamp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Christie's Scar"
obesityhelp.com is the same website my sister uses. it really helped her. good luck shelley!

sloopy 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-21-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sloopy Click to send private message to sloopy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Christie's Scar"
There is no way she did'nt win some kind of settlement. The doctor really disfigured her. And I would think they all have goof up insurance. Have to wait to see what she discloses in the SO house.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-21-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Christie's Scar"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-06 AT 05:23 PM (EST)

Originally Posted By: TruthHurtsHuh2001

Her scar was ok. And for someone who has lost that weight her docter could have had her exercising where as that skin would not have been hanging.. But looking for a easy quick fix for your body and not dealing with the tru issue of eating is a bad thing in itself.. And why should the girls keep drinking and once again do any of these girls take meds for any problems..

This simply isn't true in many cases. If you're really overweight and lose it and have enough skin hanging, the only way to fill it out would be to have arms like a male body builder.

Regardless, having a butchered surgery like this is a nightmare, especially when it was elective and not necessary. I'm sure she carries a lot of emotional wieght about "choosing" to be mutilated.

I will say though, that this surgury leaves a bad scar anyway. Not like hers but a strong line on the underside of your arms.

When choosing this surgury, you make a decision between flabby arms or an unsightly scar. People have to weigh which one suits them better.

Flabby arms are visable at most times, even with long sleeves. The scar is usually only visable when you raise your bare arm.

roadrunner06 21 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail roadrunner06 Click to send private message to roadrunner06 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I think they should just name this chick Sommer2. Except that she's a little more interesting and definitely smarter.

TOTALLY agree that she is showing the scar for a reason, like our good old friend Allie.

I think the fact that she decided to have reconstruction surgery after the GPS shows a lot about her priorities/mental state. She said, even after losing the weight, that she still felt fat and ugly. That's why she had the surgery. Understandable; she'd felt that way all her life. Don't most surgery centers require pre and post-counseling? If not, they should. That's how people become addicted to plastic surgery. They don't deal with their inner issues, and the surgery doesn't help with that.

Another thing that confuses me IS the money for these things. Between all her surgeries, she must have spent close to $100,000. Maybe more if she had scar revisions. How can you AFFORD to come to SO? Shouldn't you be paying off your loans? Or maybe she'll just file for bankruptcy.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I heard Christie say that the tummy tuck was included with the gastric bypass and it went really well. She was talking to Dr Stan. She said it went so well, that's when she decided to continue on with the rest of her body and got the extra skin on her arms removed and that was the only part messed up.

A woman I knew had the gastric bypass done and her insurance included the eventual tummy tuck. Looking at the extra skin on her thighs she wanted that skin removed, too. She was just horrified by the sight of it. I don't know if she went through with it, but I just recall her reaction to seeing the skin wrinkles and all the skin dangling there as she had lost the first 150 pounds and still had a long way to go - maybe another 175?. (she was fairly tall)

Oh, about clothes in the show - I wonder if the weather and packing has something to do with it. I'm not sure if they all show up with the variety of clothes that suit the environment, or if they just bring casual clothes they usually wear. We'll see of course, but what if that's the only very-warm weather top she has?

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-22-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Just a hint"
If you had posted this as a reply to TruthHurtsHuh2001's post, instead of at the end of the thread, you wouldn't have needed to quote what you were referencing, and the discussion (her post + initial replies + your post + your replies) wouldn't become fragmented into separate pieces. (Nothing "wrong" with posting as you did, but threaded discussions read most easily when the chain of post/replies is left intact. Takes a bit of getting used to if you haven't dealt with threads before, but really quite nice when you get the hang of it. )

Sigs by Bob, entirely accurate renditions of nature

01-23-06, 01:02 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Just a hint"
Mysticwolf,are you reading my mind?The 'glowing mystic thing' is an eyeball of great power!Thanks for making this board so much fun.JS,goodnight.

Reptillycus 12 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reptillycus Click to send private message to Reptillycus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Just a hint"
Christie seems like a real person who wants to be happier and more powerful in her life. I'm rooting for her, just like I am cheering for all in the SO house, even SkinnyLisa, although she will never change. The Universe has to give a Big Whallop to that Girl!!!

Christie should not worry about her scars, when she was out with Rhonda on the sidewalk in a skimpy shirt, I could not see a scar at all.

I have scars on my arms, my legs, and my tummy from an early childhood accident, they are just a part of me that I cannot remember being without. Many people don't notice them, because I don't. She is just being self conscious, she is very pretty, and hopefully will learn to believe it.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-23-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I too think I will like Christie. She seems (seems being the key word here) as if she came on the show to work on her issues and move on. I hope I am right. lol.

As for the teeny weeny top, Christie although older than Josie looks 100% better in those tops than Josie with her gut and love handles hanging out all over.

I also noticed that although Christie lots a lot of weight she still appears very bottom heavy. When I lost over 100 pounds, I ended up with the same shape. Small on top but bottom heavy. Guess we all can't be like Kate Moss lol.

01-25-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Christie has had these scars for several years now. She doesn't have time to worry about them in the Cal weather. If you've ever been to Cal and it's hot you see everyone in something cooler to wear weather they are heavy or not. But what you will see is Christie covering up more of her lower half. She has no problem walking around the pool in a bathing top but will ware shorts or short over-alls to cover up with. One arm is especially bad in Christie's case. The scars face the inside of the body so they don't nessasarily pop out for veiwing. Plus it's easier to ignore them when they face the inside of your body compared to oh one on your cheek.

Ex-in-law

01-25-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Plus--when you lose a lot of weight it is so nice. The weight out weighs the scar and you are just so relieved.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Christie's Scar"
Hi, LisaW,

I agree with your last statement. However, it must be difficult for her to deal with the scars. If she has the confidence (or gains the confidence) to wear the tops she wears, regardless of her scars, then I can appreciate that. At least they are on the underside of her arms and aren't always visible. Good luck to her.

01-26-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I didn't think the scars were that bad. They looked kind of like stretch marks to me. They did not contrast a whole lot with her skin.

The horrible thing was the effect it had on her before it was corrected. How awful to have your arm swell up because there was no return circulation!

I'm sure she is self-conscious about her arm but I'm glad she is not letting it control her life.

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Christie's Scar"
I give Christie a lot of credit for walking around in sleeveless tops. Good for her. I have a nasty scar on the outside of my right arm from a car accident when I was 11 yrs old and I wouldn't wear tops that didn't cover it, even in the heat, for the longest time. It takes some self-esteem to stop worrying about it and just being glad you're alive because that's what I think of when someone now notices it. I get comments when people notice it thinking I had a botched tattoo but hey, whatever. Kudos to Christie!!! I wanna see that girl fly like an eagle. She's gonna be fun to watch grow and learn to really love herself.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •