The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-12-11, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Who will win?

Record Of The Year
Nothin' On You B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
Love The Way You Lie Eminem Featuring Rihanna
F*** You Cee Lo Green
Empire State Of Mind Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
Need You Now Lady Antebellum

Album Of The Year
The Suburbs Arcade Fire
Recovery Eminem
The Fame Monster Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream Katy Perry

Song Of The Year
Beg Steal Or Borrow Ray LaMontagne, songwriter (Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs)
F*** You Brody Brown, Cee Lo Green, Ari Levine, Philip Lawrence & Bruno Mars, songwriters (Cee Lo Green)
The House That Built Me Tom Douglas & Allen Shamblin, songwriters (Miranda Lambert)
Love The Way You Lie Alexander Grant, Skylar Grey & Marshall Mathers, songwriters (Eminem Featuring Rihanna)
Need You Now Dave Haywood, Josh Kear, Charles Kelley & Hillary Scott, songwriters (Lady Antebellum)

Best New Artist
Justin Bieber
Drake
Florence & The Machine
Mumford & Sons
Esperanza Spalding

All the nominees

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? weltek 02-12-11 1
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? rjrabbit 02-12-11 2
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Brownroach 02-14-11 17
       RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? AyaK 02-14-11 23
           RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Brownroach 02-14-11 24
               Won't happen. Estee 02-14-11 25
 Sham! Estee 02-12-11 3
   RE: Sham! mrc 02-14-11 19
       RE: Sham! Estee 02-14-11 20
 RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? kidflash212 02-13-11 4
   Not only that... Estee 02-13-11 5
       RE: Not only that... qwertypie 02-14-11 7
       RE: Not only that... kidflash212 02-14-11 15
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Starshine 02-14-11 10
   Oldest Geezer award... jbug 02-14-11 13
       RE: Oldest Geezer award... agman 02-14-11 31
           RE: Oldest Geezer award... jbug 02-14-11 32
               RE: Oldest Geezer award... agman 02-14-11 34
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Tummy 02-14-11 14
       RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? aethelstan 02-14-11 16
 RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Fishercat 02-14-11 6
 RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? qwertypie 02-14-11 8
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? qwertypie 02-14-11 9
       RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? agman 02-14-11 36
 RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? michel 02-14-11 11
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? rjrabbit 02-14-11 12
       RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? AyaK 02-14-11 22
           RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? michel 02-14-11 27
           RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Sagebrush Dan 02-15-11 37
               RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? MKitty 02-15-11 41
                   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? AyaK 02-15-11 42
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Brownroach 02-14-11 18
       RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? michel 02-14-11 26
 RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? Max Headroom 02-14-11 21
   He's just a kid moonbaby 02-14-11 28
       RE: He's just a kid AyaK 02-14-11 29
       RE: He's just a kid agman 02-14-11 30
           RE: He's just a kid rjrabbit 02-14-11 33
               RE: He's just a kid agman 02-14-11 35
   RE: Who's going to win the Grammy? agman 02-15-11 39
 LA CBS reporter Puffy 02-15-11 38
 Special guest appearance by -- Estee 02-15-11 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-11, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Record Of The Year
Nothin' On You B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
Love The Way You Lie Eminem Featuring Rihanna
F*** You Cee Lo Green
Empire State Of Mind Jay-Z & Alicia Keys Really, that was from 2010? Seems so long ago
Cee Lo has the momentum, but Lady Antebellum has kept that song popular on country and pop radio for a whole year. Others have acclaim, but might not be enough to win a Grammy.

Album Of The Year
The Suburbs Arcade Fire
Recovery Eminem
The Fame Monster Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream Katy Perry

I'd be surprised if Arcade Fire pulled this off. Any of the others could take this. Katy Perry continues to crank out hits from her album, so I wouldn't be surprised if she takes this, but I'm taking Eminem.

Song Of The Year what's the difference between song of the year and record of the year? Is it one is for performance, one is for writing?
Beg Steal Or Borrow Ray LaMontagne, songwriter (Ray LaMontagne And The Pariah Dogs)
F*** You Brody Brown, Cee Lo Green, Ari Levine, Philip Lawrence & Bruno Mars, songwriters (Cee Lo Green)
The House That Built Me Tom Douglas & Allen Shamblin, songwriters (Miranda Lambert)
Love The Way You Lie Alexander Grant, Skylar Grey & Marshall Mathers, songwriters (Eminem Featuring Rihanna)
Need You Now Dave Haywood, Josh Kear, Charles Kelley & Hillary Scott, songwriters (Lady Antebellum)

Best New Artist
Justin Bieber
Drake
Florence & The Machine
Mumford & Sons
Esperanza Spalding

Hard to deny JB. My vote would be for Mumford & Sons for bringing something new (well, everything old is new again) to the scene. Drake and Florence...nothing new they brought to the scene, really. I have no idea who Esperanza Spalding is.

-A Tribetastic Creation

02-12-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Record of the year included the producers for each song and song of the year included the song writers. I didn't list the producers because there were so many

New siggie by cahaya!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Empire State Of Mind Jay-Z & Alicia Keys -- Really, that was from 2010? Seems so long ago

I still hear this song every.single.day. and I HATE it. I feel like it's never going to go away.

I'm glad it didn't win, though I haven't heard anything that did win.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-11 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

"Need You Now", the single by Lady Antebellum that won both Song of the Year and Record of the Year, came out in August 2009.

02-14-11, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Maybe next year they'll nominate "Happy Birthday" for Best Song.

I can hear "Empire State of Mind" coming out of someone's radio as I'm typing this. @#^$#*!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Won't happen."
They can't afford to pay for a televised performance.

02-12-11, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Sham!"
Lee DeWyze was supposed to be nominated for everything!

Respect the pimping!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sham!"
I think you mean Adam Lambert.

02-14-11, 12:58 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Sham!"
He already dominated the entire Remaindered awards.

The trophy is an empty wire basket painted in rust.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-11, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-11 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

I guess I have officially passed into old age - I don't recognize any song listed. And I'm fairly certain I wouldn't care to.

And I wanted to hit centerfold status before changing my name to oldgeezerflash212, darn

Capn2patch put me in motion!

02-13-11, 11:27 AM (EST)
5. "Not only that..."
...you're slow.

Damn slow.

Slow to the point where it almost qualifies as a power.

Seriously, have you seen Young Justice? You've never been that slow in your life.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not only that..."
Still waiting for your Never Say Never review.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not only that..."
Caught one episode - and I know what you mean. Wonder if a defamation of character suit is in order.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 07:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Thank heavens it isn't just me!

Maybe I should start listening to the chart show again.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Oldest Geezer award..."
Not only have I not heard the songs, I've not heard of most of the artists!
Lady Antebellum I know cause I *heart* country

heard of Gaga since she is constantly in the news;
heard of Berber - " " " " "

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Oldest Geezer award..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-11 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

have you heard of Bieber too?

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Oldest Geezer award..."

What did you expect?
I recently found out that not all rappers are black;
that M&M is a white rapper;
and that his name is not really M&M

02-14-11, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Oldest Geezer award..."
I only knew cause half my class thinks he's great!

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-14-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I'm hip. I knew 3 out of 5 "records". The only reason I knew F*** You (Otherwise known as Forget About You) was because of Gwenyth's performance on Glee.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-14-11, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
You should also check out this Sign Language version of the song. Well, not version, it was done as a final exam for someone's ASL course. Very entertaining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ayloXq_w9Y

I like this song for the clash between the Motown R&B feel music and the aggressive lyrics. One of the few recent songs I've added to my iTunes.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-14-11, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Well, the Grammys sure took the upset stick and whacked most of the major categories with it.

Esperanza Spalding was the one person I wrote off for Best New Artist (I was rooting for Flo, thinking it was Bieber, and was okay with Mumford or Drake) and she came out of nowhere to win it. Lady Antebellum somehow took Song and Record (I didn't think it was that great honestly), and Arcade Fire took Album of the Year (in the most pleasant shocker in a long time, great album).

02-14-11, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
How many more years will "Need You Now" be eligible for awards? It feels like it's been at least 5 already.

02-14-11, 03:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
And I am now wondering which Nobel prize category the song is going to be nominated in.

02-14-11, 11:55 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I can't worry about that now cause it's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and.........zzzzzzzzzzzzz

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I was really happy to see Arcada Fire win. I smiled when a Jazz musician, Esperanza Spalding, won over the pop singers (She gave a show at the jazz fest that had blown me away!) and I liked the performances by Muse and Mick.

02-14-11, 10:14 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I was in shock when Esperanza Spalding won. I'll have to check out her music. I was shocked when Arcade Fire won. I'll have to check out their album too. I love the song "Need you Now" I'm happy for Lady Antebellum.

New siggie by cahaya!

02-14-11, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Arcade Fire is such a bizarre band. I tend to think of it as the two Butler brothers' band, even though the only two original members left are Win Butler and his wife Regine Chassagne. The Butler brothers (Win and Will) are Mormons from Houston who went to Philips Exeter Academy in NH for prep school, and their family owns a farm in Maine, but the band is based in Chassagne's native Montreal (where Win moved to go to McGill University; Will went to Northwestern). Chassagne and the other four members are all Canadian, although one of them is from Vancouver.

02-14-11, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
They certainly are bizarre but it translates well in the energy they have on stage.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-11, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I first saw them a few years ago on Austin City Limits. Bizarre, wonderful energy, and I couldn't stop watching them. They recaptured rock and roll and kept it moving.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-15-11, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I was simply ecstatic that Arcade Fire won best album. The album Suburbs is really quite outstanding! They also donated the entire profits to Haiti from allowing a clip of one of their songs to be used in a Super Bowl commercial. They totally rock!! (and they made Muse look like a bunch of poseurs after their last two performances at the end of the ceremonies!)

stylin' by Agdude

02-15-11, 06:21 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
I bought The Suburbs even though I blame Arcade Fire in part for Obama (they played a couple of free concerts for him in Ohio in March 2008 right before the Ohio primary).

02-14-11, 12:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-11 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

Winning Best New Artist often turns into a curse of sorts (see Christopher Cross, Milli Vanilli, Marc Cohn), so I was kind of hoping Justin Bieber would get it.

Though in the case of Ms. Spalding I don't think it will have negative repercussions.

ETA: But is it really fair for someone with three albums going back to 2006 to win? The qualifications to be nominated for this award seem really shaky.

02-14-11, 06:59 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Yes, Esperanza made a splash at the Jazz festival here but it was in 2009! Still, when a Jazz musician beat out pop singers, I won't complain.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"
Forget who won, I thought Justin Bieber looked horrible in that pseudo-suit he wore. His mommy needs to give him some tips for dressing appropriately for awards ceremonies.

His non-win was a good thing too.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-11, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "He's just a kid"
playing dress up Looked like the Mystery Date prom guy. But I do agree. He can certainly afford a tailor and a stylist. And if he has either on staff it's time to let them go.

Anybody looking for Soy Bomb when Dylan took the stage? A newscaster said it sounded like Maggie bought the farm

02-14-11, 09:16 PM (EST)
29. "RE: He's just a kid"
A newscaster said it sounded like Maggie bought the farm

So vicious, yet so true.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

02-14-11, 09:27 PM (EST)
30. "RE: He's just a kid"
I couldn't understand a word Dylan sang!!!!!

02-14-11, 10:25 PM (EST)
33. "RE: He's just a kid"
I fast forwarded through Dylan it was so bad.

New siggie by agman!

02-14-11, 11:19 PM (EST)
35. "RE: He's just a kid"

I would have done the same if I hadn't been laughing so hard!

02-15-11, 10:36 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Who's going to win the Grammy?"

He looked like the milkman we had when I was a kid!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-11, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "LA CBS reporter"
Why did she flub her lines? Did she have a stroke or other brain injury? Watch her gibberish during a live report after the Grammys.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cbs-reporter-appears-suffer-stroke-live-grammy-broadcast/story?id=12914429

Kisses from Tribephyl

02-15-11, 10:45 AM (EST)
40. "Special guest appearance by --"
-- Way Too Much Makeup Man!

And then he tweeted criticism of both Justin Bieber and Usher. Sure, neither of those fanbases contains any raving lunatics...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •