The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-11, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
A prosperous New Year to you all!

Any rabbits out there? Do you have any Chinese New Year traditions? I usually wear something red for luck, and have Chinese food, of course

What happens today could influence how the rest of your year goes-so have a wonderful day!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! SpotTheDifference 02-03-11 1
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! cahaya 02-03-11 2
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! grit 02-03-11 3
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! SpotTheDifference 02-03-11 4
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Molaholic 02-03-11 12
       RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! qwertypie 02-04-11 15
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Starshine 02-03-11 5
 Did you just call me fat? weltek 02-03-11 6
   I am only wishing fatness for moonbaby 02-03-11 7
       RE: I am only wishing fatness for weltek 02-03-11 8
           All it takes moonbaby 02-04-11 14
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! tallgirl 02-03-11 9
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! kingfish 02-03-11 10
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Snidget 02-03-11 11
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Sagebrush Dan 02-03-11 13
       RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! MKitty 02-07-11 33
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Starshine 02-04-11 19
       RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Snidget 02-04-11 21
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Puffy 02-04-11 16
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Starshine 02-04-11 20
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! cahaya 02-04-11 17
   新年快樂 Starshine 02-04-11 18
 RE:Fat foonermints 02-05-11 22
   RE:Fat Tummy 02-05-11 23
       RE:Fat foonermints 02-05-11 24
 RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! ARnutz 02-05-11 25
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Starshine 02-05-11 26
       Nutzy is Fat? foonermints 02-05-11 28
           no. ARnutz 02-06-11 30
       RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! ARnutz 02-06-11 31
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! vince3 02-06-11 32
       RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! CTgirl 02-07-11 35
           RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! Karchita 02-07-11 36
   RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy! arkiegrl 02-07-11 34
       ? foonermints 02-09-11 37
 水虎 IceCat 02-05-11 27
   RE: 水虎 Snidget 02-05-11 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-03-11, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-11 AT 02:58 PM (EST)

Xin Nian Kwai Le to everyone celebrating! As many of my officemates are Chinese or half-Chinese, there's a lot of food being passed around in here. We have no idea what's in them, but it's free food. We're not going to let it go to waste!

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-11 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

Wow, I miss this holiday. I have many friends in Malaysia who are celebrating in style and I'm not there to celebrate with them.

To my friends in Malaysia and all those who celebrate it here:

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-03-11, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
I'm a rabbit! I was born in 1975 or 1987 - something like that.

I thought it was pretty tacky of the NY Daily News to print rabbit recipes in the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago. We rabbits are very sensitive, you know.

I got sliced!

SpotTheDifference 949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-03-11, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"

Do they print dragon recipes too? I know at least Coach will want them.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Hey, don't complain to me about recipes

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-11, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Word.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-11 AT 06:01 PM (EST)

Seaweed and King Prawn Ho Fun

Happy New Year to the Rabbits from a naughty Monkey

Well possibly easier to purchase them from the supermarket though.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Did you just call me fat?"
?

-A Tribetastic Creation

02-03-11, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I am only wishing fatness for"
your wallet!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I am only wishing fatness for"
You're out of luck-I just spent an unexpected $400 to get back home after being stranded in Minneapolis on Tuesday. I have $3 and assorted coins.

-A Tribetastic Creation

02-04-11, 10:29 AM (EST)
14. "All it takes"
is a dollar and a dream. One dollar's worth of coins for a quick pick ticket and millions could be yours!

tallgirl 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-03-11, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tallgirl Click to send private message to tallgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
For Chinese New Year, I make sure that there are no dead plants in the house. And when I'm more enthusiastic, I also take out all garbage in the house and the entire house cleaned.

Another chance for a new beginning.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
"What happens today could influence how the rest of your year goes-so have a wonderful day!"

You tell me this now? After I've punched various well deserving people in the face?

Fish boy, misborn into the year of the rat.

Thanks, Crabman

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-11 AT 10:40 PM (EST)

Xin Nian Kwai Le!

A good friend of mine is a metal rabbit and I won't divulge what age that makes her this year.

Oh, and Spot, about all that free food...

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-11, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Metal rabbit here, so I know her age.

Phylled by Tribe

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-07-11, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
I am actually a Water Rabbit.
Fun fact: the rabbit is also know as the Cat in some areas, so I can legitimately say that I was born in the Year of the Cat...LOL...very fitting!

Birthday flowers from Agdude

02-04-11, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
What! I lost the free food

Well. it goes in a burger, so I suppose I shouldn't complain

02-04-11, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"

I realized when I re-read the thread I just looked at the S in spot's name and then filled in the rest with tarshine through a mental glitch.

I hope all the yak penises you are served are free of charge, and of the best quality.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-11, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Do you know where the Chinese people go to celebrate the New Year, the year of the rabbit?

IHOP

02-04-11, 04:34 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
LOL

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-11, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
I was sort of puzzled by all of these Happy Chinese New Year translation variants, but found a nice article here that explains these translations nicely.

We are by now familiar with variations of Gong Xi Fa Cai, “congratulations on a prosperous (wealthy) year”; Xing Ni Ju Yi, “have a good year” in Fujian and Taiwan, and the standard Putunghua Xin Nian Kuai Le, “Happy New Year” salutation understood even in Tibet. Guo Nian Hao,“have a good year,” is sufficient for phone and personal greetings, just like the regular ni hao-“you good!”

Tu Nian Ji Xiang is greetings on the Year of the Rabbit, and since it is also always Spring Festival, Chu Jie Hao is OK.

02-04-11, 04:30 PM (EST)
18. "新年快樂"
I'm still confusled, I thought there were at least six Chinese languages, which I would have thought meant more exclamations.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE:Fat "
Is Tummy Fat? I hope that means "Good Luck".

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE:Fat "
Dead.To.Me

Happy Rabbit Year, Moonie.

02-05-11, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE:Fat "
Everyone is saying that. Even "Good Luck" Grit.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Well, we were a day late, but Nutzboy and I went to the Chinese buffet last night. At dinner, he was telling me about the elements of the horoscope, which I never knew about!

We are both a sheep/lamb/goat, depending on where you look. Why did we get stuck with the only animal that these horoscopes can't seem to agree on? He is metal and I am fire.

Nutzgirl is an earth dragon and Mr. Nutz is a wood snake.

Find yours! http://www.tuvy.com/entertainment/chinese_horoscope.htm

02-05-11, 02:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Earth Monkey!

are very attractive to the opposite sex can't say I have noticed!

Duck Soup and Rice are among the keys to good health!! Well roast duck and rice maybe!

02-05-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
28. "Nutzy is Fat?"
Not just anybody has a 400 swoop. Nutzy is Special.

02-06-11, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "no."
I think you meant phat!

02-06-11, 11:32 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Maybe you're just not paying attention?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-11, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Water Rat

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-11, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
I'm a metal rat.

I've never liked the Chinese horoscope because who wants to be known as a rat!

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-11, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
The rat people have got to be the only consolation for the pig people. And being called a bore boar is not really any better.

However, I just now upgraded to dog because, according to that link, that's what I am. I once had a friend from Taiwan who had doubts about my category as well, but I don't recall the details of her concerns. I do remember she was very concerned.

Normally, being a dog would not be such a terrific thing, but after many years of thinking I was a pig, not to mention the unfortunate rat people, it's much better. Maybe this will be a lucky new year for me.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-11, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Gung Hay Fat Choy!"
Fire Horse!

They need people and have a weakness for those of the opposite sex.

Being in love with the Fire Horse brings pure rapture. These noble Horses are generous with their love, with hugs and kisses. Loved ones always know where they stand because Fire Horses demonstrate every day through their actions the love they feel deep within. Each day is a soft and tender love poem.

So, someone is missing out on pure rapture here!

02-09-11, 11:36 PM (EST)
37. "?"
Oops, nevermind me. I just failed to see the "r".

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-11, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "水虎"

My water is just a little colder than most.

02-05-11, 09:21 PM (EST)
29. "RE: 水虎"
You picked a very good year to be born.

splash, roar!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •