The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Free advice"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-11, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Free advice"
Share some advice from your line of work or area of expertise that you think folks should know. There's probably something that you know that the rest of us don't.

Here's mine:

If you send an email asking whether you're signed up for an event, please include your name in the email. Or your account number. Or your pawprint. Something more than, "Hi, am I registered?"

Here's a bonus:

If you send me an email asking if you can have a refund for a non-refundable purchase, it's probably better not to attach the receipt that says in bold block letters "NO REFUNDS."

P.S. to the bonus:

You can tell me a sob story. If it's really, really good it'll go into my Sob Story Hall of Fame. But you won't get a refund.

A Mmmmmmmoonie plate special!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 My tip moonbaby 01-19-11 1
   RE: My tip kingfish 01-19-11 3
 RE: Free advice kingfish 01-19-11 2
   RE: Free advice foonermints 01-19-11 8
       RE: Free advice kingfish 01-19-11 9
           RE: Free advice foonermints 01-20-11 19
 RE: Free advice motormouth 01-19-11 4
   RE: Free advice zipperhead 01-20-11 14
   RE: Free advice grit 01-20-11 24
 RE: Free advice qwertypie 01-19-11 5
 RE: Free advice rjrabbit 01-19-11 6
 RE: Free advice cahaya 01-19-11 7
 RE: Free advice Gothmog 01-20-11 10
   A companion for the students samboohoo 01-20-11 31
 RE: Free advice Max Headroom 01-20-11 11
 RE: Free advice Tummy 01-20-11 12
   RE: Free advice samboohoo 01-20-11 30
       RE: Free advice Tummy 01-20-11 34
 RE: Free advice byoffer 01-20-11 13
   RE: Free advice foonermints 01-20-11 17
 RE: Free advice Brownroach 01-20-11 15
 RE: Free advice zipperhead 01-20-11 16
 Free slasher movie advice kingfish 01-20-11 18
   RE: Free slasher movie advice Gothmog 01-20-11 20
       RE: Free slasher movie advice grit 01-20-11 23
           RE: Free slasher movie advice cahaya 01-20-11 26
               RE: Free slasher movie advice kingfish 01-20-11 29
                   Maybe Because foonermints 01-20-11 39
           RE: Free slasher movie advice Tummy 01-20-11 36
 RE: Free advice frankz 01-20-11 21
   RE: Free advice Maroonclown 01-21-11 42
 Read Riordan 01-20-11 22
 RE: Free advice Seana 01-20-11 25
 Don't text and walk moonbaby 01-20-11 27
   RE: Don't text and walk Starshine 01-20-11 28
       RE: Don't text and walk byoffer 01-20-11 38
   RE: Don't text and walk DearAbby 01-20-11 37
       RE: Don't text and walk byoffer 01-20-11 40
           RE: Don't text and walk Maroonclown 01-21-11 43
 RE: Free advice samboohoo 01-20-11 32
 RE: Free advice Starshine 01-20-11 33
 Free advice Molaholic 01-20-11 35
 RE: Free advice Maroonclown 01-21-11 41
   RE: Free advice kingfish 01-21-11 44
 RE: Free advice susang 01-21-11 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-11, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "My tip"
Unless you are a rock star or a model signing your first name only on a document doesn't cut it.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-11, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My tip"
Hey Moonie.

King.

01-19-11, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Free advice"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-11 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

1. Always verify that relief valves will work. Cause if they don't....KABOOM.

ETA: sob story bonus:

- a. any one of a number of major petro plant explosions.

- b. Any one of a number of hot water heater launches.

2. Don't promise a bonus if there really isn't one.

(So what's my bonus?)

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-11, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Free advice"
Yo King..
..Fooner
btw: The checks were signed yesterday, so yours should be in the mail. I know it wasn't about the money, anyway.

01-19-11, 09:53 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Free advice"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-11 AT 09:54 PM (EST)

Always specify amount when requesting bonus payment.

Sob story, as follows:

Yo F,

Thanks 4 the 2 cents.

K.

01-20-11, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Free advice"

The symbol formerly known as foonermints.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-19-11, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Free advice"
When you call your attorney, please be advised, you are NOT their only client.

Your crisis does not = My crisis. I know, hard to comprehend.

Do not start in on your sob story before finding out who answered the phone.

Giving me attitude will not increase your chances of getting a call back.

Do not assume the lobby is a daycare.

My first Tribephyl siggie!

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-20-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Free advice"

Total non-sequitor, but - I've always loved that sigpic of yours.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Free advice"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-11 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

I like this one: Do not start in on your sob story before finding out who answered the phone.

One of my clients is an attorney and a while back we moved into a different part of the building so he could rent out some space. My old office was pretty far removed from the entrance but my new office is the first one you see when you come up the stairs. A lot of clients peek into my office when I'm there but they usually notice the reception desk and waiting area right away.

One day, the paralegal wasn't at the reception desk and a client came up the stairs, walked right into my office and just launched into a long diatribe about her legal troubles. I finally managed to interrupt the woman and tell her that I'm just the bookkeeper and that she should wait in the reception area while I found the paralegal.

When I found the paralegal, she mentioned that this woman has been to the office several times and knew where the waiting area was. She just liked to talk with anyone she could find in our office - even our tenants who have nothing to do with the law firm - to talk about her legal problems.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-11, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Free advice"
Survey monkey was created, in part, so people could input their answers quickly on line, to reduce paper and costs and to get instantaneous results. Sending out a paper copy to 2500 club members and then hiring a person to input the 1300 responses by hand kind of defeats the purpose.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-11, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Free advice"
Never co-sign for anyone. Or at least know that you have no rights. I co-signed on a car for the son of a friend of mine. He hasn't made one payment and I don't have the right to take the car from him. I'm thinking of going on Judge Judy.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-11, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Free advice"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-11 AT 11:14 PM (EST)

From a business viewpoint, if your advice is of considerable value, seek recompense.

Capn's wisdom

Seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill. -- Gandalf

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-20-11, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Free advice"
When your child comes home with some story about what happened in my class today, you might want to get my side of the story before you come storming in with your dander up. There's a chance that your child's version might be a wee bit biased. Better yet, bring the kid along and have them retell it in front of me--let's see if it changes any.

Do not do your little darlings' homework for them. Do not write notes making excuses for their laziness.

The school calendar was announced long before you planned your trip to Disneyworld. This is not an excused absence. You can take your child out of school if you want to, but don't expect me to make any allowances.

Not only are you not helping them, you are teaching them bad habits that will be hard, if not impossible, to unlearn.

I'm not paid enough.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "A companion for the students"
If you're going to go home and tell your parents some story about what happened in school today, make sure that when your parent verifies the story, it matches.

And for specific 7-year old first graders:

If you are bad in school, your mother will be disappointed. If you are bad and then lie to cover it up, your mother will be pissed. If you cover up and hide the note from the teacher, please note that your mother can still get a copy from your teacher.

Vacations are not excused absences. Neither is taking your wife/child out to dinner/lunch for their birthday.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Free advice"
My company does not issue blank checks. If you think we should provide some equipment for your company, get a quote as if your company will be paying the tab. Yes, we are a large organization with many resources, but keep in mind that you don't like overpaying for things, and we don't either.

After taking an additional year to negotiate a contract with us, do not ask for pricing relief six months after the contract is implemented. Also, do not blame us for a compressed startup schedule when the project timeline was delayed solely because of contract negotiations.

If you argue with us about every last cent on every purchase order, don't expect any goodwill when you have a screw-up that isn't our fault.

Instead of pushing back on every request we make, try cooperating some of the time. You'd be amazed at how much better things work when a business relationship is a partnership instead of adversarial.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-20-11, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Free advice"
If you are paying for dental insurance, at least use it to get your teeth cleaned as often as it allows. Because if you don't, not only are you paying for something you're not using but one of these days you're going to wish you had used it.

01-20-11, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Free advice"
and days you'd wished they'd used it.

01-20-11, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Free advice"
Eh, sooner or later I'll get their money.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Free advice"
*sits and waits for Estee's workplace tips advice*

01-20-11, 01:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Free advice"
I hope it is something creative with robots.

Atomic Robot: now with more green!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Free advice"
If you are leaving me a voicemail message please state in at least minimum detail what your question/issue is, so I can hopefully have an answer at the ready before I return your call.

Do not leave a message such as, "Hi, I have a question about a song you own, can you call me back?", which necessitates me calling to ask you what the heck you want before I can actually help you.

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Free advice"
Don't send an e-mail to employees after they've gone for the day with notes on something you have already arranged for "first thing in the morning".

Follow OSHA or other approved guidelines when operating machinery. It turns out that old people don't like being knocked down by a forklift.

Don't turn in a timesheet that lists hours worked on days you were on vacation. There will be questions.

01-20-11, 01:26 PM (EST)
18. "Free slasher movie advice"
Do not, repeat, NOT, go into the basement.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-20-11, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Free slasher movie advice"
And don't have sex.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Free slasher movie advice"
...at least not in the basement. After all, that's what my deck is for.

a berry nice sigpic from agman

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Free slasher movie advice"

And especially not in the foonerbasement!

Watch out for those sickles.

01-20-11, 04:43 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Free slasher movie advice"
How can anybody still be here when there's sex to be had on Grit's deck?

01-20-11, 06:06 PM (EST)
39. "Maybe Because"
Of that other fun stuff.

01-20-11, 05:45 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Free slasher movie advice"
Amen! But after that last marathon you're deck needs a little sanding. *splinters

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-20-11, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Free advice"
When dealing with someone who works on multiple projects simultaneously put the project or client name in the Subject Line of an email. Simply putting “Update” or “Document” DOES NOT HELP ME!!!

Also, the way you shout into the woods is the way the echo will come back.

And whatever you do, don't you eat that yellow snow

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-11, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Free advice"
Amen.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-20-11, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Read"
Read...

the return policy before you make your purchase.
your acceptance letter. Yes, it tells you what to do next.
the instructions on your laptop that tells you to make your own recovery disc before your hard drive crashes.
what insurance does NOT cover before you have those tests done.
your class syllabus before you miss the first test because you didn't know when it was.
the school/library/business/government website before you call with whatever question that is answered on the same page the phone number is listed.
the archives.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Free advice"
You are not the only person to have wondered that. The answer to your question is on our webiste.

The deadline for submission is the date on the form where it says "Deadline for Submission". If you call me to find out whether that's really the date because you thought it was something else, even though it's written right on the form, I will direct you to the form that you have in front of you - that you read and didn't believe for some reason.

Transition can be difficult. I know the last person to be in this position did the job for 20 years and knew your phone number when it came up on call display, but I'm not her. Please be patient and tell me both your name and the name of company you work for so that I can register you for the event you want to attend. It takes a little time once or twice and then I'll be up to speed. I have a good memory for things like this. It'll be OK.

I love people asking for refunds when there are really big signs, and "NO CASH REFUNDS" is written right on the bill.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Don't text and walk"
http://tinyurl.com/4pq8hyf

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Don't text and walk"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-11 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

*Like*

Now, who do we know in Pennsylvania?

Oh and Be careful whilst driving

01-20-11, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Don't text and walk"
Geez, that is rough. Like one of those covered holes they use in old movies to catch the wild animal.

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Don't text and walk"
And if the video proof of your mishap winds up going viral on YouTube, sue the Mall.

http://www.examiner.com/internet-trends-in-national/texting-fountain-fall-woman-identified-may-file-lawsuit

01-20-11, 06:10 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Don't text and walk"
Of course there is a lawsuit.

She wasn't hurt, and wasn't identified (or even identifiable from the quality of the video). If she hadn't told people no one would have known it was her.

I think the mall could/should reprimand the security people who distributed the video, but IMO there was no harm done to the woman.

I find for the defendent (the mall).

01-21-11, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Don't text and walk"
And if you're wanted on a number of charges don't make yourself so available for media interviews.

01-20-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Free advice"
If my voice mail says, "I am not able to take your call right now," that means I cannot take your call right now. Please do what the voice mail says and leave your name, number, and reason for call.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Free advice"
If you ask me a question I will answer honestly, please do the same for me.

If I say something will take me a month to do that doesn't mean two weeks.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-11, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Free advice"
is worth every penny you paid for it.

I think that was Ben Franklin. It sounds like Franklin, anyway.

01-21-11, 02:00 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Free advice"
If you're looking for advice on an interpretation of a collective agreement, your question should not be proceeded with "How do I get around this?"

01-21-11, 02:04 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Free advice"
They should instead say;

"Hypothetically, how do I get around this?"

(A legal nicety)

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-21-11, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Free advice"
I've worked for administrators and faculty, in a university setting.

What I found: administrators tend to remember deadlines more than faculty.

Faculty need more reminders.

My apologies to faculty.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •