The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"For Adults Only"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"For Adults Only"
Feel free to add to this list of "adult" truths:

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: For Adults Only qwertypie 01-15-11 1
 RE: For Adults Only michel 01-15-11 2
   RE: For Adults Only Round Robin 01-17-11 17
   RE: For Adults Only byoffer 01-17-11 18
       RE: For Adults Only jbug 01-18-11 20
 RE: For Adults Only samboohoo 01-15-11 3
   RE: For Adults Only motormouth 01-18-11 21
 RE: For Adults Only Snidget 01-15-11 4
 RE: For Adults Only kingfish 01-15-11 5
   RE: For Adults Only mrc 01-15-11 7
       RE: For Adults Only samboohoo 01-15-11 10
           RE: For Adults Only Tummy 01-16-11 15
 RE: For Adults Only Max Headroom 01-15-11 6
 RE: For Adults Only Puffy 01-15-11 8
 RE: For Adults Only VisionQuest 01-15-11 9
 RE: For Adults Only Seana 01-16-11 11
   RE: For Adults Only motormouth 01-18-11 22
 Today's #20 Snidget 01-16-11 12
   RE: Today's #20 Tummy 01-16-11 16
 RE: For Adults Only Molaholic 01-16-11 13
 Regarding #24 moonbaby 01-16-11 14
 RE: For Adults Only dragonflies 01-18-11 19
 RE: For Adults Only frankz 01-18-11 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: For Adults Only"
So true. I especially love #24.

I actually know how to do #5. So I guess something useful came out of all the time I spent at the laundry mat.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: For Adults Only"
Fun list but I have a few comments:

>2. Nothing sucks more than that
>moment during an argument when
>you realize you're wrong.

Very few ever come to that moment.

>5. How are you supposed to
>fold a fitted sheet?

Just bundle it and shove it in the drawer.

>10. Bad decisions make good stories.

Do tell!

>12. Can we all just agree
>to ignore whatever comes after
>Blue Ray? I don't want
>to have to restart my
>collection...again.

You must still be young because at one point it becomes automatic. I simply didn't buy blue-ray and I don't plan on doing it.

>13. I'm always slightly terrified when
>I exit out of Word
>and it asks me if
>I want to save any
>changes to my ten-page technical
>report that I swear I
>did not make any changes
>to.

Always save and keep a second copy. Bad decisions don't always make good stories.

>14. I keep some people's phone
>numbers in my phone just
>so I know not to
>answer when they call.

Never thought of that but then I don't have a cell phone (see #12)

>16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers.
>I would bet on any
>given Friday or Saturday night
>more kisses begin with Miller
>Lite than Kay.

Miller Lite? You really need to try some real beers. Most American beers are just a waste of time. Sam Adams is the only one I found interesting.

>18. I have a hard time
>deciphering the fine line between
>boredom and hunger.

Can I suggest that, instead of eating, you take a nap when you are bored. It could help #3 and #9!

>19. How many times is it
>appropriate to say "What?" before
>you just nod and smile
>because you still didn't hear
>or understand a word they
>said?

I wish I knew. Reminded me of Seinfeld's puffy shirt!

>24. The first testicular guard, the
>"Cup," was used in Hockey
>in 1874 and the first
>helmet was used in 1974.
>That means it only took
>100 years for men to
>realize that their brain is
>also important.

Actually, the first player to wear a helmet was George Owen, who played for the Boston Bruins in 1928–29. Eddie Shore suffered a head injury and wore a helmet for most of his career in the 1930s.
There was a reason for that: Players used to keep their stick on the ice and warn each other when they would be about to make a hit. Players respected each other and avoided the stupidity we see today. I believe the armor incites violence.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-17-11, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: For Adults Only"
Helmets started to become a lot more common in hockey after Bill Masterton got killed in 1968 after hitting his head on the ice. Within 10-12 years after that, they made them mandatory and grandfathered in all the guys then playing without one, and by the mid-90's the last of those guys was retired and everyone was wearing one. Agreed that with all the armor players show a lot less respect for each other's safety. That's why there's so much stickwork these days even with the stricter penalties.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-11, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: For Adults Only"
Here is a picture of me in my first hockey helmet (and probably cup!) circa 1972.

I will still never understand the logic behind the mouth guards from that era. It was more a Silence of the Lambs thing and I can't imagine how much protection it provided for most kids who, like me, had improperly fitting equipment.

I am pained to see that my first hockey gloves had blue maple leafs on them.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-11, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: For Adults Only"
seeing you back then? obvious that you would turn into a killer (in a good way)

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: For Adults Only"
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die, and your closet, nightstand, and bathroom medicine cabinet./b]

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-11, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: For Adults Only"
God, I wish you lived closer to me!

Super sexy, slightly Uncoordinated, gotta love MM

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: For Adults Only"
4. just as long as Mr. Clippy doesn't get to try to guess when I actually want those words to be sarcastic. Sometimes I'm serious. No really, I can be, I swear!!!

5. You put the curved corners inside each other, flatten it down then fold.

7. Mapquest really needs to be taught how to get out of my neighborhood the way I do it, not whatever other direction it picks every.single.time.

20. It is so nice to see people come together for a common cause.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: For Adults Only"
It should be a rule that lists of adult truths shouls contain at least 25 items.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: For Adults Only"
I would expect that type of comment from Boo, not you.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: For Adults Only"
*snort*

I guess I never got past Number 1. Tummy will tell you, I'm slipping these days.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-16-11, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: For Adults Only"
*nods head

It's true. She is.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: For Adults Only"
*like*

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-11, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: For Adults Only"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-11 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

Great list!! I especially like #'s 3, 4, 7, 12, 13, 18, and 19.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-15-11, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: For Adults Only"
I love this list - my friends have told us that if they die in some horrific accident that we have to remove the black bag from their bedroom before their parents get there.

I can't pick a favorite and I can relate to all. Thank you for this.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-11, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: For Adults Only"
22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

I pull out my cell phone instead, but I do this all. the. time.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-11, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: For Adults Only"
*snort*! Me too!

*smooch*

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-11, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Today's #20"
Well it was just me and a semi, he'd move over to block the lane so they'd have to merge and I'd stay close enough to where when he had to move back in he had a hole just big enough for him and the blocked cars had to get in behind me.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-16-11, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Today's #20"
Do you know that it is illegal for a truck driver to do that? I got a warning once for doing just that. Do you think I ever did it again? Uh yeah.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-11, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: For Adults Only"
25. Sometimes it really is the dog.

25a. The real talent is getting away with blaming the dog when there is no dog.

26. Hyperactivity should be the only ill effect of Halloween, Christmas, and Easter candy.

27. Why are there no summer season candy holidays?

28. How about annual class pictures of your office staff?

29. Why is milk coming out of your (or better yet, your friend's) nose funny, but having bourbon come out isn't?

30. No real need for medical insurance to treat Cooties.

agman did me (then re-did me)!

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-11, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Regarding #24"
I had no idea! It gives the chant "We want THE CUP!" a whole new meaning.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-11, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: For Adults Only"
Thanks! A good giggle in the morning is nice!

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-18-11, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: For Adults Only"
I got this last week from an aforementioned retired relative. I thought it was cute.

This one is so true.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

And that’s when I go to OT. Unfortunately for the last few years that time came at 7:30 PM. But it’s much better now.

4:20 is a good time to call it a day. Just sayin’

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •