The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

lovebead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovebead Click to send private message to lovebead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
very un-cool

very very un-cool

lb

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why was the topic "the guidos m... lovebead 11-27-01 1
   RE: why was the topic "the guidos m... lovebead 11-27-01 2
       RE: why was the topic "the guidos m... heymikey 11-27-01 3
 Here's why AyaK 11-27-01 4
   RE: Here's why Ruthless 11-28-01 5
   off topic? yes you misread it... lovebead 11-28-01 6
       RE: off topic? yes you misread it..... SurvivorBlows 11-28-01 12
           Timing AyaK 11-28-01 15
               apology heymikey 11-29-01 16
   RE: Here's why TeamJoisey 11-28-01 14
 RE: why was the topic "the guidos m... Serendipity 11-28-01 7
   and who made up those rules? lovebead 11-28-01 8
       Satan ... or not ... AyaK 11-28-01 11
           RE: Satan ... or not ... Tinkerbell 11-28-01 13
           you mean the... lovebead 11-29-01 17
 RE: why was the topic "the guidos m... mrssatansbabyboy 11-28-01 9
   more like tongue in butt cheek (IM ... lovebead 11-28-01 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-27-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovebead Click to send private message to lovebead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
it was the best topic on here!

perhaps a little too much truth for ya?

or just a little satanic mod control?

lb

11-27-01, 12:13 PM (EST)
2. "RE: why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
DOH!!!!!!!!!

lb

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-27-01, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
I think they removed it because of what I said. I basically said that it was God, not Satan, who were giving the Guidos some blessing (or luck). It was just a joke but I guess someone got offended and cried so they had to put it down.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-01, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Here's why"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-01 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

See my discussion in the second paragraph here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID20/234.shtml#12

It's not the first time I've been "uncool," and it won't be the last, I'm sure. To me, the thread seemed headed off-topic -- from bashing the Guidos into general gay-bashing. If I misread it, I'm sorry.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Here's why"
You were right to remove it AyaK. It had turned nasty and this forum is not the place for that sort of talk (incidentially, nowhere is the place for that sort of talk).

I'm not anti-Guido because they are gay, I'm anti-Guido because they are way too smug and self-satisfied. So many of their comments (and this is probably due to editing more than anything else) are about how much better they are than any of the other contestants.

They got off-side with me when they bragged about how well they would do in Paris because they had spent time there. The looks on their faces in the second Paris episode when they discovered other people had beaten them to the checkpoints was priceless. They thought because they had spent time in Paris they would be so far ahead of all the others.

11-28-01, 04:03 AM (EST)
6. "off topic? yes you misread it..."
we were talking about the guidos/satan/gay?

how was this off topic?

sounds like you might have a few personal issues regarding
these topics?

whatever happened to freedom of speech?
(mods are not gods)

and *thank God* this is just a little silly website tv show board.

lb

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: off topic? yes you misread it..."
>we were talking about the guidos/satan/gay?
>how was this off topic?
>
>sounds like you might have a
>few personal issues regarding
>these topics?

I removed it, not AK. In my opinion (and my opinion is the final one that counts on these matters) it was gay-bashing and this isn't the site for that.

>whatever happened to freedom of speech?

There *IS* no "freedom of speech" that you are entitled to here, no more so than you can force a newspaper to run your letter to the editor. You gotta love folks who try grabbing on to something that doesn't even remotely apply here...

You want freedom of speech, the only way you can get it is by starting yuor own website (and hoping that your hosting service also doesn't object to it, otherwise you still won't get any free speech when they exercise their right to pull the plug on the whole thing.)

>(mods are not gods)

No, but webmasters are... deal with it or move on.

-SB

11-28-01, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Timing"
>I removed it, not AK.

SB, that was only because you got on-line earlier in the morning than I did! I was going to do the same thing...

And to TeamJoisey (see the post below this one), your comments were funny. Unfortunately, the third post went in a more serious direction, and the thread continued that way.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-01, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "apology"
Following TeamJoisey's lead, I want to apologize for my post. My wicked sense of humor prevented me from judging what is appropriate and what is not. Since I thought it was appropriate to compare the Guidos to Satan (well, everybody does it and it seems ok), I made a wrong judgement to think that mine was appropriate too. I'm sorry for posting it and I'll try my best not to do it again.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-28-01, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Here's why"

> To me, the thread
>seemed headed off-topic -- from
>bashing the Guidos into general
>gay-bashing. If I misread
>it, I'm sorry.

I was the second poster on that thread, and the one who first raised the sexuality issue. I thought my attempt at humor was obvious. While I posited that CBS had special treatment for gays, that seems to me as outlandish as the deal with Satan the original poster suggested.
Of course CBS has no special treatment for gays, and there is no gay conspiracy in Hollywood. My post was an attempt to snicker at those who paint all homosexuals with the same brush. An attempt to lampoon those who hate Guido for their sexuality, and those who support them based solely on their sexuality.

Their sexuality has no bearing on the outcome of the game, nor does the sexuality of Rob and Brennan. Frankly, I don't give a damn, and I'm weary of such discussions.

I apologize to all if my comments were offensive, or if my comments sparked a flood of anti-gay material.

TJ

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-01, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
It was off topic. Discussion of the Guidos is and should be allowed, but an individual's religious beliefs is off topic on this or any other board - unless the board is about religion. The same goes for politics.

11-28-01, 08:00 AM (EST)
8. "and who made up those rules?"
satan?

or

you?

or both?

11-28-01, 10:41 AM (EST)
11. "Satan ... or not ... "
lovebead, as you probably know, all moderators are minions of Satan. Or perhaps we're on the side of the angels. It's hard to be sure with all these voices in my head. Anyway, with that in mind, I want to present the following "Modern-Day Parable":

Jesus and Satan were having an ongoing argument about who managed to get the most out of his computer. This had been going on for days and God, who was acting as moderator, was finally tired of all of the bickering. God said, "I've had enough. I am going to set up a test that will run two hours and I will judge who does the better job."

So down they sat at their computers.
They typed away.
They moused away.
They did spreadsheets.
They wrote reports.
They sent faxes.
They sent out e-mail.
They sent out e-mail with attachments.
They downloaded.
They made cards.
They did just about everything.

But, just a few minutes before the two hours were up, a lightning bolt flashed across the sky, the thunder rolled and the rains came down hard. As a result, the electricity went off. Satan was furious. He fumed and he fussed and he ranted and he raved. All to no avail -- the electricity stayed off.

After a short while, the rains stopped and the electricity came back on. Satan screamed, "I lost it all when the power went off. What am I going to do? What happened to Jesus' work?"

Jesus just sat and smiled. When Jesus turned his computer back on, the work was all still there. "How did he do that?" asked Satan.

God smiled and said, "Jesus Saves."

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-28-01, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Satan ... or not ... "
*snickers*

Who loves Aya?? I do!! I do!!

11-29-01, 04:02 AM (EST)
17. "you mean the..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-01 AT 04:06 AM (EST)

death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus...

COOOOOOOOOOL!

lb

mrssatansbabyboy 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-28-01, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrssatansbabyboy Click to send private message to mrssatansbabyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: why was the topic "the guidos made a deal with satan" removed????"
Is anyone here acquainted with the term "tongue in cheek?". The post was meant to be a spoof on the Guido's seemingly amazing luck. Not their sexual preference, appearance or anything else. C'mon folks lighten up!!

11-28-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
10. "more like tongue in butt cheek (IM KIDDING!!!!)"
sheesh! you cant say anything in here or you'll be
banned or modded at the drop of a hat!!!!!!

love

miss bead

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •