The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another fashion advice thread..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-02-02, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another fashion advice thread..."
I need shoe help! Here is my new corduroy skirt:

I bought this sweater to wear with it:

What kind of shoes would I wear with this? I was thinking brown calf length boots - would that look okay??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Lisapooh 12-02-02 1
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... SurvivinDawg 12-02-02 2
   RE: Another fashion advice thread..... TechNoir 12-02-02 10
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... jkokoj 12-02-02 3
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... snoocharoo 12-02-02 4
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Lisapooh 12-02-02 5
   RE: Another fashion advice thread..... anotherkim 12-02-02 7
       RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Lisapooh 12-02-02 8
           RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Esbea 12-02-02 13
               RE: Another fashion advice thread..... TechNoir 12-02-02 14
                   RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Esbea 12-02-02 15
                       RE: Another fashion advice thread..... TechNoir 12-02-02 16
                           RE: Another fashion advice thread..... samiam 12-02-02 17
                               RE: Another fashion advice thread..... TechNoir 12-02-02 18
                                   RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Lisapooh 12-02-02 26
                                       RE: Another fashion advice thread..... samiam 12-02-02 27
                                           RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Lisapooh 12-02-02 28
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... L82LIFE 12-02-02 6
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... LadyT 12-02-02 9
 RE: Another fashion advice thread..... Drive My Car 12-02-02 11
   RE: Another fashion advice thread..... TechNoir 12-02-02 12
       Birks n socks Drive My Car 12-02-02 19
           RE: Birks n socks TechNoir 12-02-02 20
               RE: Birks n socks Drive My Car 12-02-02 21
                   RE: Birks n socks Drive My Car 12-02-02 22
                       RE: Birks n socks TechNoir 12-02-02 23
                           Purple hair? Drive My Car 12-02-02 24
                               RE: Purple hair? samiam 12-02-02 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-02, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Calf length brown boots would be perfect - you could even go knee length - but calf will work too!

That outfit is very cute Tink - I think you should pick up one of those low-slung belts that tie in the front to finish it off!!!

You are gonna look way too cute!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Anything, as long as they're high heels

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
*scream*

After you, sir.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-02-02, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-02 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

I like it!

EDITED TO ADD: OMH Dawg is posting to a fashion thresd!!!

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-02-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Just wear combat boots, they go with everything! Or wear those boots that Gene Simmons wears, those are cool.

Snoocharoo

12-02-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Listen to your aunt pooh Tink and repeat after me - buttery soft suede boots!!

is good at only one thing and it is accessorizing

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Not only she is a princess, but also a fashion guru--buttery soft suede... dreamy, just dreamy!

Miscellaneous Ramblings

12-02-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Oh kim, I've been writing ad copy for far too long.

It's my life's mission to trick consumers into buying things like buttery soft suede boots. And this season's must-have accessory - native american inspired belts with rugged accents and authentic detailing.

Not to mention how none of your lives will be complete without trend-setting whiskered denim in fashion-forward indigo.

I hate myself

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
whiskered?

whiskered=nuzzled by a cat? rubbed over Bluto's chin? sprouting little denim hairs? a shade of red inspired by a kitchen utensil?

help me out here.....

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

12-02-02, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
here ya go

http://www.buckle.com/static/style/denim/tod33detail.htm

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Thanks Tech..but that still doesnt explain the nonsensical word

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

12-02-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Pooh has to help you with that. I'm busy being ashamed that I know this stuff.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
*points and snickers*

12-02-02, 08:40 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
as well you should

12-02-02, 09:48 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
They're called whiskered denim because the lines that run horizontally look like cat's whiskers. Hey, I don't invent the stuff, I just perpetuate it. At least it's not as tough of a sell as though woebegotten "skants" they tried to unload on hapless consumers a few years ago. That's right - skants - pants with a skirt attached. My proposed headline at the time "Coming soon to a discount rack near you"

And unless you weigh 78 pounds or are 15, whiskered denim is really unflattering - but don't tell anyone I told you cause they'll kick me out of the retail copywriters' myth building assosiation.

even if you are a size 24 - please buy the plaid miniskirts.

12-02-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Pooh, no worries. I singlehandedly keep the plaid miniskirt industry solvent. I have 6 that I can think of without trying too hard. They look *really* cute with a twinset and my double-strap Mary Janes.

Catholic schoolgirl at heart

12-02-02, 10:32 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Yes sami - but that is because you have incredible legs - those of us cursed with chubby knees cannot pull off this look.

I love those school girl outfits! Twin sets rule all (and no - this is not a boobie reference) and chunky funky Mary Janes look good with EVERYTHING!!

the only 5'10" chick in the world with stumpy looking legs

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Tink, as I was looking at the outfit, brown boots came to mind. Calf length would look great, and listen to the Pooh-go for suede!

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Brown knee high boots with at least a two inch heel. I would go with a really nice leather boot, like a 9 west or Bandolino, comfy and stylish.

And of course please remember that It's All Inside!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
Oh Tink, I would love to help you, but I rarely wear shoes.

Listen to the Pooh, I believe she knows of what she speaks.

Cute outfit!

How come you can't wear Birks in the winter?

12-02-02, 06:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Another fashion advice thread..."
you can ... I learned that when I had a broken toe. I got through winter with birks and dark socks.

12-02-02, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Birks n socks"
Once again, Tech is my hero!

Not wearing shoes, you can't make me

12-02-02, 08:58 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Birks n socks"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-02 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

Why thank you. I wore Teva's in the snow too. Turns out if there is some amount of padding between the sole of your foot and the concrete or snow, your feet don't get cold.

Um, if you're quirky enough and act like it is the most normal thing in the world you can get away with a lot. First they try to reform you. Then they say "Oh that Buggy. That's just the way she is."

12-02-02, 09:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Birks n socks"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-02 AT 09:09 PM (EST)

Oh I am not really worried about the cold yet. You'd be amazed at the people wearing boots and sweaters because it is the season for them. It is 70 degrees out! ( well ok, so low 50's at night) I went to work with damp hair this morning.

Buggy- who is so glad she rebelled against her Mother's Beauty Pagent mentality. You don't have to dress for a Pagent unless you actually entered one

edit cuz I suck at simple spelling today

12-02-02, 09:14 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Birks n socks"

Oh My Gosh! You mean I can be eccentric now? I don't have to wait til I have wrinkles to wear the purple hat? ( cuz ya know it would match the ugly pants I have to wear to work)

Buggy- knows that people are secretly jealous of her purple pants

12-02-02, 09:25 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Birks n socks"
Well sure. But you might just consider dying your hair to match the pants.

12-02-02, 09:35 PM (EST)
24. "Purple hair?"

LOL!
I said eccentric, not insane.

12-02-02, 09:46 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Purple hair?"
I resemble that remark, having had some purple bits to my hair as recently as two years ago.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •