The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-06-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-03 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

{Jeff Probst} Next time on Survivor...

{Jeff Probst} ...Shawna remains trapped at Jaburu.
{Shawna} I'm at the lowest of my low, and no one is respecting the fact that I am falling apart.

{Jenna} Cherichu (sounds like an Amazon "cheers")

{JP} And it's date night for Dave and Jenna.

{Dave} So, there's a naked girl in the shower that you can see into.

{Dave} And I'm thinking this is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps Bungler 03-06-03 1
 Is this a fake buff on Dave? IceCat 03-06-03 2
   Buff shots SurvivorBlows 03-06-03 5
       False Alarm... IceCat 03-06-03 6
       No merge SurvivorBlows 03-07-03 8
           RE: No merge SurvivinDawg 03-07-03 13
       Jenna's Forehead ElroyJetson 03-07-03 11
           RE: Jenna's Forehead SurvivinDawg 03-07-03 15
               RE: Jenna's Forehead ElroyJetson 03-07-03 16
               RE: Jenna's Forehead SurvivorBlows 03-07-03 19
                   RE: Jenna's Forehead ElroyJetson 03-07-03 25
       I Smell Something Fake... PepeLePew13 03-07-03 18
           RE: I Smell Something Fake... ElroyJetson 03-07-03 20
               RE: I Smell Something Fake... SurvivorBlows 03-07-03 21
                   RE: I Smell Something Fake... ElroyJetson 03-07-03 23
 pre-merge meeting? curveball 03-06-03 3
 3 swap FSUGUY 03-06-03 4
   RE: 3 swap Krautboy 03-07-03 7
 RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps VanQ1 03-07-03 9
   RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps FSUGUY 03-07-03 10
 RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps anotherkim 03-07-03 12
   RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps SurvivinDawg 03-07-03 14
 Buffs sorgee 03-07-03 17
   RE: Buffs blacknwhitedog 03-07-03 22
       Argument for a separate tribes RC d... IceCat 03-07-03 24
           RE: Argument for a separate tribes ... SurvivorBlows 03-07-03 27
           RE: Argument for a separate tribes ... Brownroach 03-10-03 33
       Deena's buf is yellow... IceCat 03-07-03 26
           RE: Deena's buf is yellow... Krautboy 03-07-03 30
               RE: Deena's buf is yellow... wendyp 03-07-03 31
               RE: Deena's Torch samboohoo 03-07-03 32
 This just in... frisky 03-07-03 28
   RE: This just in... Loree 03-07-03 29
       RE: This just in... samiam 03-10-03 34
       Shocked Krautboy 03-10-03 35
           RE: Shocked carencey 03-13-03 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
btw, before anyone asks, Dave is brushing his teeth in #10, you just can't see the brush.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-03, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Is this a fake buff on Dave?"

The shadows on the edge do not change in size or density as you go from the top of his hand to the bottom. Looks like a bad cut and paste job.

Maybe an HDTV capture might clear it up better. Any chance of a capture, Webby?

If this turns out to be a chnage in Dave's buff color then that would indicate that a merge occurs early in EP5 with enough time for a couple's reward challenge. It's a little speculative, I know!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Buff shots"
Here you go... I can go bigger if need be, this is still half-size

03-06-03, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "False Alarm..."
the even shadow was caused by the rolled over edge of the buff...

now...

Jenna might have been wearing a fake buff in the shower...

Could we get some really tight closeups of... just kidding

03-07-03, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "No merge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-03 AT 00:21 AM (EST)

By the way, you can't see it in Bung's cap (it gets cropped off on most analog TV's), but if anyone was wondering, there's clearly no merge -- if you look at the below vidcaps of the interview that Dave is giving sometime AFTER the "date," you can see he's still wearing his inverted blue buff.

Well... unless of course this is taking place maybe the morning after before they head back to their respective camps

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No merge"
As usual, thanks for posting the pics, y'all!!!

I agree that Dave was probably interviewed here right after the date, possibly before returning to camp.

I'm still thinking merge/live together/swap happens in Ep. 5.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-03, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Jenna's Forehead"
Is Jenna wearing her purple-ish buff on her forehead here?

03-07-03, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jenna's Forehead"
You might be right, Elroy... it sure does look like the same blue and lilac colors of Dave's buff. Could just be the shadows and her hair, but you might be right...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

03-07-03, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jenna's Forehead"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-03 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-07-03 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

Whatever it is, she's wearing it in vidcap 06 above. It looks like they get these buffs following their showers. They have them on when they are wearing their robes but not before. Cherichu must be the name of the new tribe.

03-07-03, 09:57 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Jenna's Forehead"
Na, it's clearly yellow to me:

I'm sure Jenna washed her buff while in the shower... if there's a pot handy, she might have even boiled it

03-07-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Jenna's Forehead"
>Na, it's clearly yellow to me:

>I'm sure Jenna washed her buff while in the shower... if there's a pot handy, she might have even boiled it

LOL! I'm feeling ya now. This definitely looks yellow.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "I Smell Something Fake..."
... and it isn't Jenna's body that I'm talking about. She goes from a yellow buff on her head in Bungler's pic #6 to a lilac-purple buff in the very next picture, #7 -- and it's more clear in Webby's larger-sized vidcap.

It simply looks too fake and the colour is bleeding over/smudged in the caps. MB is really insulting our intelligence if he thinks his boys can digitally change colours like this... so the question is, is he changing colours or did they jump ahead in time in between vidcaps 6 and 7?

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

03-07-03, 10:00 AM (EST)
20. "RE: I Smell Something Fake..."
I think its the same buff Pepe. The buff in 06 appears yellow due to the lighting coming thru the palm fronds. The light background affects how we perceive the buff color.

However, I'm not conviced this is the merge buff. Maybe its just a ceremonial "Ambassador Buff" or something. The markings look different than the other buffs.

But if I had to bet the mortgage, I'd say these this is the merge buff since it looked like Deena was wearing it in another cap.

03-07-03, 10:09 AM (EST)
21. "RE: I Smell Something Fake..."
>But if I had to bet the mortgage, I'd say these
>this is the merge buff since it looked like Deena
>was wearing it in another cap.

Na, Deena is clearly yellow:

03-07-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
23. "RE: I Smell Something Fake..."
>Na, Deena is clearly yellow:

My bad! I'm still banking that those are new buffs, tho.

curveball 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-06-03, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curveball Click to send private message to curveball Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "pre-merge meeting?"
Is this the "Select one member of your tribe..."
"you two decide your new name...etc"

Bet all of the boys are wanting to go...why Dave?

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-03, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "3 swap"
I've said this for a while.

3 swap.

3 different dates?
or
2 seperate reward challenges?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-07-03, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 3 swap"
Looks like "pick up sticks" definately has something to do with a swap or pre-merge cohabitation...Dave and Jenna are the ambassadors sent as instructed by the "mystery boxes" ??

Krautboy

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-07-03, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
Pure speculation here..but wouldnt it be interesting if these two were chosen to decide which 3 people from each of their own tribe would go to the other (other than themselves). It would definitely be difficult to decide who to send and who you would keep on your own tribe. Would you stick with alliances or keep the strongest? It might reveal there own strategy in doing so, and it definitely would alienate some on your tribe.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
>Pure speculation here..but wouldnt it be
>interesting if these two were
>chosen to decide which 3
>people from each of their
>own tribe would go to
>the other (other than themselves).
>It would definitely be difficult
>to decide who to send
>and who you would keep
>on your own tribe. Would
>you stick with alliances or
>keep the strongest? It might
>reveal there own strategy in
>doing so, and it definitely
>would alienate some on your
>tribe.

what if the mystery box has 6 sticks - they draw - shortest go meet - they pick out 2 more from their tribe and form a tribe and the other 6 are in their own tribe.

I like that. kinda like making their dream team.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
My totally uneducted or substantiated theory:

Dave and Jenna are sent to the date night thing via something in the box...the sticks sounds as good as anything to me...

They arrive and meet, have the usual blah, blah stuff and eat, drink, etc.

The shower scene will certainly set up the sexual tension...you bet Jenna is going to play it for all it is worth...she will know in 15 minutes that Dave thinks she is hot, so she is going to give him a real show.

The next morning, in their robes, they sit back and come to an agreement. Dave is wearing his new buff on his arm...we can't see Jenna's. Then they go back to their respective tribes and Jabaru moves over the the boys camp for the merge.

Alternate theory would be that the mystery box contains the new buffs for everyone else and Jenna and Dave are given the keys at their date.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I am almost never right, but you gotta keep trying, right?

03-07-03, 08:44 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 5 (Thu) Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-03 AT 08:46 AM (EST)

Not a bad theory at all, AK.

Let me try to add to it: Perhaps the mystery box contains less than a full compliment of buffs... in other words, say 3 buffs of the opposite color. They take the boxes back and open them in camp, where three players on each team must swap, but they (all the players) get to decide who swaps.

Edited to add: Yes, I see similar theories above.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-07-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Buffs"
i'm do not think that dave and jenna have on different buffs and here is why:
in vidcap 03 deenas buff appears to be a color other than yellow because of it's placement. she has the survivor logo visible so the buff looks darker.
also, the blue buffs could/would/should appear much lighter if turned from their prominent side.
and as a bit of purely unprovable speculation, i imagine that during the date dave and jenna turn over their buffs.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Buffs"
I totally agree with you Sorgee, Deena's buff just looks blue in this cap due to the position of the Survivor logo.

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

03-07-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
24. "Argument for a separate tribes RC date..."
Dave and Jenna are wearing their buffs which they would have been required to wear at an RC. Since the buffs are the original tribe colors, the simplest explanantion is that a separate tribes RC where the top man and the top woman (either winning separately or as a team) go on a reward.

This is about the time that MB would want to start breaking down the gender based tribal barriers. What better way to do that than getting one member from each tribe out alone... clean them up a little... and let nature run its course.

Good for ratings and it may foment a little distrust in the tribes waiting at home.

I'm thinking that is not a post merge/swap reward date...

Nor is it a traibal ambassadors meeting...

I think that is a pre merge/swap reward date...

The twist is simply that one member of each tribe goes on a shared reward. The tribes will, however, remain unmerged and unswapped in EP5.

Maybe this pattern of getting the tribes intermingling on a one on one basis will continue in EP6 and then a conventional merge at 10 members occurs at EP7.

03-07-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Argument for a separate tribes RC date..."
So your theory is that basically once again Burnett wants to screw around with our Spoiler Island scoring?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Argument for a separate tribes RC date..."
Not a bad idea at all, IceCat. It could also explain the split screen vidcap of Deena and Dave competing in a challenge.

Maybe they pair off in groups of two (one Jaburu and one Tambaqui) for the RC, and the duo that wins gets to spend the night together (probably as a precursor to a tribal twist).

Then the challenge vidcap could be from RC, and Dave and Deena would each have someone from the other tribe in their boat with them.

03-07-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
26. "Deena's buf is yellow..."
Webby just posted a new HDTV vidcap that has much more detail:

Deena is clearly wearing a standard Jaburu buff.

03-07-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Deena's buf is yellow..."
What is the thing (on Deena's left) with the yellow feathers on it?

Krautboy

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-07-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Deena's buf is yellow..."
Isn't that one of the TC torches?

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Deena's Torch"
I believe that is her torch. Although I'm not 100% sure. I thought I had seen a preview clip (maybe for Ep. 2) that looked like the people either entering or leaving TC and they were clearly carrying torches, but then last night I thought the girls picked up their torches at TC. I haven't watched the tape yet, but I would guess that it's Deena's torch.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "This just in..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-03 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

I'm sorry I can't do vidcapping, but here's an excerpt from the new CBS Web Preview:

VO: "When one man (video of Dave rowing) and one woman (video of Jenna rowing) are asked to spend the night together, you won't believe what happens the morning after."

Throughout, there is an explosion, a split second shot of a darkened TC area, and lots of shocked, surprised faces.

I don't think this is reward. Note the wording of the promo: that the woman and man were asked to spend the night together

Also, regarding the weird colour of Dave's buff, I noticed while looking through the video archive that in the video where the guys are enjoying their cokes after the RC, the buffs around their wrists are this colour. Maybe this is the other side of the blue buff??

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: This just in..."
On previous editions they have let the tribe pick who to send for these meetings. I could see Jenna telling the other females that she wants to go and use her female charms and body to get info from one of the guys. The women would probably agree with this after seeing how goofy they act around the girls. And over at the men's camp they probably ask the Magic 8 ball who to send.

The shocked part is going to be something they don't expect. But they would expect a merge or swap if they have watched any previous shows. So what would shock them?

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-03, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: This just in..."
Maybe they draw straws to see who goes...and the one with the short STICK does. Do we have any other explanation for this week's title (not like that's all that helpful usually)?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -- Chekhov

03-10-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
35. "Shocked"
Loree: I think heidi is "shocked" by the decision Jenna makes on behalf of the Jaburu alliance...

Krautboy

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-03, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Shocked"
Okay, my first try at this posting thing...perhaps shocked at ditching Shawna in favor of Deena?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •