The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FB question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-10, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FB question"
Yea, I know. Who gives a anus Rattus about social networks. But I've got a question nonetheless.

I received several notices that "so-and-so" has sent you message on FB. These are people I've never heard of. However, my cousin (actually the daughter of my first cousin -- whatever that relationship is called) had posted that she wanted everyone on her friends' list (triple digits) to send their phone #s because she had lost her phone.

My father also received the same "so-and-so" notices, which makes me wonder -- did these messages get crossed somehow? Is it OK for me to open them? (I really don't want a plethora of unknown friends)

Thnx

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FB question weltek 09-22-10 1
 RE: FB question grit 09-22-10 2
   RE: FB question Molaholic 09-22-10 4
 RE: FB question vince3 09-22-10 3
 RE: FB question Max Headroom 09-22-10 5
   RE: FB question HobbsofMI 09-23-10 6
 RE: FB question Maroonclown 09-23-10 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-10, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FB question"
I suggest you don't open them. I have had several random messages contain viruses (found out from peeps that also received the message and DID open it), and have luckily not clicked on them. So when in doubt, don't open it. If you have your FB messages go to your email and have a "preview" system on your email, you should be safe.

-A Tribetastic Creation

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-22-10, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FB question"
If you send me your SSN, DOB, bank account number, ATM PIN, current address, and credit card number, I'll be happy to sort this all out for you.

a berry nice sigpic from agman

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-10, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FB question"
SSN - 123-45-6789
DOB - 31 Feb 10382
Bank - 1
ATM PIN - 0000
Current address - DC is in the house
Credit Card - 7777 7777 7777 7777

Have fun!

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FB question"
Gone phishing, be back later...

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-10, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FB question"
I haven't gotten too many random messages, but I do get lots of random friend requests. Fortunately a single click of the Ignore Request button makes those issues go away.

Moral of the story: If you're sending me a friend request, be sure to include your OT screen name.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: FB question"
If you don't want random friends also avoid all games. At the height of MW I had over 600 "friends". I de-friended them all and I still get 3 or 4 invites a week now but that's down from the 10 a day.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FB question"
Don't open them. It's spam.

I was getting those messages on my work email. Thing is, my FB is through my hotmail account.

Thanks Cap'n

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •