The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-29-02, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
"Why is the U.S. Government doing this?
In light of the attacks against the United States on September 11, 2001 and subsequent events, and based on information available to the Attorney General, the Attorney General has determined that certain nonimmigrant aliens require closer monitoring when national security or law enforcement interests are raised. The first phase of Special Registration, initiated September 11, 2002, required selected individuals to be fingerprinted, photographed, and interviewed under oath at United States ports-of-entry. This new procedure is the second phase, extending registration requirements to nationals and citizens of designated countries, who already have been admitted to the United States, to register at an Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) district or sub-office."

The registration requirements now include fingerprinting, photographs, interviews with INS officers and presentation of papers (passport, I-94 Form, any other important government-issued identification documents, proof of residence, employment and school matriculation).

Original List:

Iran
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Syria

Countries recently added to the list:
Afghanistan,
Algeria
Bahrain
Eritrea
Lebanon
Morocco
North Korea
Oman
Qatar
Somalia
Tunisia
The United Arab Emirates
Yemen

Who is not on the list?
Saudi Arabia and Egypt....I wonder why? hmmmmmm

|
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/lawenfor/specialreg/SpcCall_in.pdf

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Indeed... SurvivinDawg 11-29-02 1
   RE: Indeed... Swami 11-29-02 4
   RE: Indeed... SherpaDave 11-29-02 8
       RE: Indeed... SurvivinDawg 11-29-02 10
           RE: Indeed... TechNoir 11-29-02 11
               RE: Indeed... SherpaDave 11-29-02 12
               RE: Indeed... SurvivinDawg 11-30-02 13
                   RE: Indeed... TechNoir 11-30-02 14
                       RE: Indeed... SurvivinDawg 11-30-02 17
 RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (... Drive My Car 11-29-02 2
   RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (... katem 11-29-02 3
       RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (... Drive My Car 11-29-02 5
           RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (... katem 11-29-02 6
       RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (... SurvivinDawg 11-29-02 7
   RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (... kyngsladye 11-29-02 9
 Another Aspect Spidey 11-30-02 15
   RE: Another Aspect Esbea 11-30-02 16
       RE: Another Aspect moonbaby 11-30-02 21
   RE: Another Aspect SurvivinDawg 11-30-02 18
       RE: Another Aspect Superman 11-30-02 19
           RE: Another Aspect Esbea 11-30-02 20
           RE: Another Aspect fivestarwheezy 11-30-02 23
               RE: Another Aspect Esbea 12-02-02 30
       RE: Another Aspect TechNoir 11-30-02 22
           RE: Another Aspect Bert 11-30-02 24
               RE: Another Aspect SherpaDave 11-30-02 25
               RE: Another Aspect TechNoir 12-01-02 26
                   RE: Another Aspect SurvivinDawg 12-01-02 27
                   RE: Another Aspect Bert 12-02-02 28
               RE: Another Aspect SurvivinDawg 12-02-02 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-02, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Indeed..."
Indeed, why NOT Saudi Arabia, where 14 of the 19 WTC & Pentagon terrorists came from. Where a list (given to Saudi Arabia by the United States) of rich Arabs who have been sponsoring terrorist activities reside?

Why not Nigeria, where over 200 mostly innocent people lay dead over a beauty pageant...

And like a lot of North Koreans are just slipping into the country unchecked, anyway?

I am glad to see, however, that attention is being paid to this issue and that some steps are being taken.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Indeed..."
Agree it is ridiculous & irresponsible not to include Saudi Arabia on this list.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Indeed..."
So... just to make sure I understand. Big Brother is okay, but only if he's not watching us?

Criminals From the Neck Up

11-29-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Indeed..."
JUST to make sure we all do understand:

1) We are at WAR <--- (very important word here). We have been at WAR since 11 September 2001.
2) The people that perpetrated the first act of this WAR are(were) Arab terrorists.
3) Every successful hijacking in the last 20 years has been by Arabs.
4) Just recently Arabs shot surface-to-air missles at (civilian) jet airplanes. Fortunately, they (essentially) missed.
5) In the here and now, Al Qaieda (composed mostly of Arabs) has committed other terrorist atrocities, including the disco bombing in Bali, the U.S.S. Cole bombing, etc.
6) We know that, as this WAR continues, that Al Qaieda wants to commit more terrorism in the United States. The likelihood that the perps will be Arabic in origin is very good.
7) Therefore, Big Brother should DEFINITELY be watching. The rights of American citizens should be protected, of course, but foreigners entering the United States should be scrutinized.
8) Is this politically incorrect? You betcha. Is it prudent in this WARtime environment? You betcha.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Indeed..."
Since WAR occurs between nation-states, who exactly are we at WAR with? Or is this yet another METAPHOR like the WAR on drugs?

11-29-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Indeed..."
Don't be silly, Tech. It's far more like the War on Poverty.

11-30-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Indeed..."
Since WAR occurs between nation-states,

Obviously, this is no longer the case. There used to be a time when "war" was "war" only when formally declared (in fact, when Germany invaded the Soviet Union in 1941, the German ambassador actually delvered a note to the Soviet Foreign minister informing him that war was declared. Since, the concept of war as a declared function has just about gone out the window-- like the German ambassador supposedly did after delivering the note!).

who exactly are we at WAR with?

The war on Terrorism has on one side a nation-state (des Etats-Unis) and its NATO allies (technically, anyway). The other side is a group that is not nation-state in its operation, but exists across national borders. When the United States attacked and destroyed six Al Qaieda terrorists in the Yemini desert, no one was saying that the United States was at war with Yemen. Everyone knows who the enemy was that day... and still is.

Of course, the war on Terrorism also extends to those nation-states that are supporting the terrorists. The Taliban government in Afghanistan would be a good example. What is about to happen to Saddam Hussein in Iraq is another. I would not be surprised if, within the next 3-5 years, the governments of other nation-states, such as SAUDI ARABIA, are likewise targeted as helping Al Qaieda.

I hope this satisfactorily answers the questions.

11-30-02, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Indeed..."
I've never been comfortable with redefining language to suit one's current needs, so I don't share your view that the word "war" has been so redefined. I understand that some political folks are in the process of trying to accomplish this, but I don't accept the Orwellian nature of that effort.

More importantly you haven't told me who we are at war with. You said "a group" -- that isn't very specific. How do we know who we are supposed to be fighting? Not to mention how we will know if it is over?

11-30-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Indeed..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-02 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

First, I haven't redefined any language, and I think you know it.

Second, I think I have (in my above posts) clearly defined who we're at war with. Re-read those messages, and if it's still not clear, then I can't help you any further.

How will we know if and when it is over? We won't. And it may NEVER be over, as long as there are evil people out there who believe that terrorist activities that harm innocent people are the way to achieve their goals (whatever they are).

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
Kyngsladye? Does this affect your fiance?

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-29-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
>Kyngsladye? Does this affect your fiance?

Give your hands Bug. Rude Bug, rude Bug

(c) 2002, GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
I was rude? Didn't mean to be.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
I know sugar, I know

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

11-29-02, 12:48 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
Where was Bug rude?!?! Awful lot of sensitivity here....

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-29-02, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Visitors To Check in with INS (Political)"
*laughs* Smooches for the not rude buggy. Of course it affects my fiance, how else would I know about this stuff (I have a letter from the Embassy.) . But, since he is not a war crazy felon, just a peaceful English Language/Literature teacher...he doesn't have any problem with them taking all his info. Heck he'll even give blood and hair samples if that's what it takes. He's more concerned with why the Moroccan King will spend a fortune hosting Puff Daddy's birthday party (with 200 friends) but can't seem to find jobs for all the people in Morocco.

|

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Another Aspect"
My husband runs his own technology company and they are in the middle of arranging financing from a well-to-do Canadian. Getting the money in the country has been a royal pain in the rear. I don't know all the details, just that new regs. in the wake of 9/11 create a whole lot of extra checks on where foreign money is coming from, and not just from arab countries, but anywhere outside the U.S.

I am not exactly sure where I sit with all of this Big Brother stuff. I want our nation and peaceful citizens everywhere to be protected. At the same time, a lot of innocent citizen's rights are being affected because of an essentially piss-poor performance by our federal intelligence. Not only is the federal government taking vast liberties with the Constitution, it is on the verge (if not over it) of serious international human rights violations.

The present administration itself has said we must be vigilant, but should go on leading our lives as proud, patriotic, and freedom-loving Americans. How are we supposed to do this if the fundamental rights on which this nation's foundation sits are in danger?

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Another Aspect"
MY QUESTION ISNT "WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS NOW" ITS "WHY HAVENT THEY BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG!?!??!"

"At the same time, a lot of innocent citizen's rights are being affected because of an essentially piss-poor performance by our federal intelligence."
By that comment, I think its safe to say that you dont know anyone who works for any of the intelligence agencies. They have thwarted so many things that the vast majority of people will never ever know. The previous administration (along with many other factors) should be shouldering a considerable bit of blame here. Bubba Bill was so detested by the agencies that he had to issue an EXECUTIVE ORDER telling people that they werent allowed to post political cartoons at work making fun of him. The most popular one being a pic of him blindfolding and castrating the eagles on the respective agencies seals. Blame the bureaucrats, not the people doing the job.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Another Aspect"
MY QUESTION ISNT "WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS NOW" ITS "WHY HAVENT THEY BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG!?!??!"

I was FLABBERGASTED when I first found out that it WASN'T being done all along! I'd be real curious to know if other countries were this lax. Bottom line IMHO is you need to know who you are opening your front door to.

Now lookie here-I've been sucked into a political post. Who'da thunk

11-30-02, 03:08 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Another Aspect"
Not only is the federal government taking vast liberties with the Constitution, it is on the verge (if not over it) of serious international human rights violations.

I agree about the "liberties" with the Constitution, although it was much worse eroded by the court actions in Florida in 2000 and New Jersey in 2002 on behalf of Democratic candidates (Gore and Lautenberg, respectively).

But, to open a can of worms and stir the pot very vigorously, I would like to know where you consider the U.S. Government to have committed "international human rights violations". I'd think the Terrorists certainly did that in hijacking four airplanes, killing members of their passengers and crew, and killing about 3000 more people by driving the planes into buildings, but I don't see where the United States has done so, not even in its prosecution of the WAR against Terrorism.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Another Aspect"
Whenever anyone says, "hijack" it makes me visualize someone masturbating in the middle of an interstate and then I start giggling. Hee hee!

What? How did I get into this thread? Nevermind. Carry on.

Superman - Who loves to mess stuff up.

11-30-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Another Aspect"
I have a friend that says the same thing about the term "carjack"!
*giggles with superman*

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-30-02, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Another Aspect"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-02 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

*just wonders what the true definition of 'thread-jacking' would be, in Supes'/Esbea's dique-tionary...*

"...keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself" -Lucille Ball

Wheeeeeez

12-02-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Another Aspect"
*snicker*
Wheezy said "dique"

Hun..Im sure that would have something to do with sewing...."thread jack", I mean.........

11-30-02, 04:09 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Another Aspect"
I would like to know where you consider the U.S. Government to have committed "international human rights violations"

I'll let Human Rights International tell you. They said:

"The U.S. government's investigation of the September 11 attacks has been marred by arbitrary detentions, due process violations, and secret arrests, Human Rights Watch said

and

"The Bush administration thinks it has a solution to the evidentiary and legal frustrations of prosecuting terrorist suspects: Designate them "enemy combatants" and detain them indefinitely without charge or trial. But that raises the question: Is this an appropriate response to a serious security threat or a ploy to circumvent the U.S. Constitution?" more

and, on another subject

"Elsewhere in the world, only Congo and Iran are known to have executed juvenile offenders in the last three years. Each now explicitly repudiates the practice, making the United States the only country that continues to claim the legal authority to execute juvenile offenders. " more

Bert 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-02, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bert Click to send private message to Bert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Another Aspect"
But do you think the US Government has committed human rights violations? I generally don't take stock in the word of international orginizations- most of them seem to be anti american anyhow (Syria on the UN's human rights committee? The UN wants the US to fund over a billion dollars in renovations to their buildings, etc)
While I do think that the detentions are a little unnerving, if they are truly enemy combatants, then the US is within its rights, is it not?
As to the human rightness of executing juviniles, I think that's up for debate. Many people consider capital punishment itself a human rights violation. Others do not. I personally have not made a decision on that particular issue.
*IF* There truly have been abuses of authority as far as the 9-11 investigations go, then that is an atrocity that needs be followed up on. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with some sort of international entity determining what is "arbritary." I'm sure that some countries would consider incereased waryness of their citizens arbitrary when others would simply consider it a necessary precaution.
Common sense would dictate that any government would want to cut down on the arbitrtaryness of an inevstigation, making it easier on itself.

Just as a side note, why do many people seem to always try to first criticize the US instead of countries with mass genocide, women's rights squelched, religous freedom nonexistant, etc etc etc...?

I'm sorry if anyone's had a hard time trying to understand this post... I've had a tough tiem organizing my thoughts on this one. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try to clarify. Or Dawg's always welcome to chime in... he seems to share most of my political theories. (Which is why I often don't post- he's already beaten me to what I'm planning on saying. Plus he's better at stating it than me anyway. *Waves to Dawg*)

Okay, now I'm just rambling. Sorry.

-bert

11-30-02, 11:34 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Another Aspect"
But do you think the US Government has committed human rights violations?

Can't answer for Tech, but I can answer for myself. Yup. In association with 9/11 specifically? I haven't followed the news that closely, but I'd be willing to bet there have been actions undertaken by the US gov't that I'd consider human rights violations. I don't see why they'd suddenly start behaving themselves now.

12-01-02, 01:34 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Another Aspect"
Random responses ...

But do you think the US Government has committed human rights violations?

Why yes, I do.

I generally don't take stock in the word of international orginizations- most of them seem to be anti american anyhow

This seems to be a fairly common attitude in the States. If I lived on a block where all of the other folks had decided to live by a set of rules and I decided I didn't need to pay attention to the commonly agreed on rules rules because the other folks on the block didn't like me -- well I don't think that makes much sense. And it would certainly give the others on the block even more reason not to like me.

Suppose I threw my trash over the fence on to my neighbor's property, tromped across another neighbor's lawn to pick their flowers (of course leaving a quarter on the stoop), and beating the neighborhood pets when they didn't behave as I wished -- would the other folks on the block have cause to complain? I think they would.

But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with some sort of international entity determining what is "arbritary."

Ok, but who should? That's the problem.

why do many people seem to always try to first criticize the US

I don't see many folks who "first" criticize the US, but I see no reason for the US to be exempt either.

12-01-02, 07:24 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Another Aspect"
This seems to be a fairly common attitude in the States. If I lived on a block where all of the other folks had decided to live by a set of rules and I decided I didn't need to pay attention to the commonly agreed on rules rules because the other folks on the block didn't like me -- well I don't think that makes much sense.

Yet another difference in our philosophies. I believe the United States to be a SOVEREIGN nation, not beholden to ANYONE ELSE in the world, nor the United Nations. These other nations and groups hate us because we're better, we work harder, we do more and produce more, and we're not afraid to SAY that we're better, we work harder and we do more and produce more!

So we should absolutely resist any attempts by outside influences, PARTICULARLY the corruption-eaten and Anti-Semitic United Nations, to impugn upon our sovereignty.

Furthermore, as to human rights "violations", let's get the real picture here: these wishy-washy little human rights groups would cry foul if you so much as look at another person with a scowl on your face. But they don't take into account the GOOD the United States has done for humans everywhere on this globe. Who gave up thousands of lives to invade Normandy and liberate Europe in 1944? Who fought and defeated Japan to liberate the whole Asian Pacific seaboard in the same era? Who brought the Soviet Union and it's brutal policies to extinction? (and don't even try to deny that it was Ronald W. Reagan who won that Cold War) Who has brought up "human rights" with China all these years, while those wishy-washy human rights groups look the other way?

"The United States as an oppressor of human rights" is just a ludicrous fantasy of those world socialists and globalists who hate us for our achievements. I say "Thank God for the United States, the only bastion for individual freedom and human rights left on the face of the Earth!"

Bert 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-02-02, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bert Click to send private message to Bert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Another Aspect"
"But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with some sort of international entity determining what is "arbritary."

Ok, but who should? That's the problem"

Exactly correct. That IS the problem.

-bert

12-02-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Another Aspect"
(Which is why I often don't post- he's already beaten me to what I'm planning on saying. Plus he's better at stating it than me anyway. *Waves to Dawg*)

Thanks for the props, but feel free to chime in all you want. Reinforcement of our ideas is always good, under the "strength in numbers" concept.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •