The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff P on radio"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff P on radio"
This morning on the radio here in town they had Jeff P on talking about survivor. Apparently he is on every Friday. it was about 8:30 CST the radio station is KILT 100.3 FM in Houston. I am kicking myself that I have not heard it before, but I am usually at work at 8:30. Here is what was said by JP.

Shawna, next week will be interesting. Wanting to quit and being able to quit are two different things. They are not allowed to try and talk them out of quitting even it they want to. And that she has to remember that it is a game. They have to allow them to quit.

Mathew does not get the game, he has not understood the whole game. He aligned himself with the two people that were in trouble and outsiders, Ryan and Dan. **Does this mean that Mathew does not go far?**

The people that design the challenges, design them to make it more difficult as you go if you start off wrong or do something wrong. Like the rope and knots, they chopped the wrong one and they kept pulling the ropes and making the knots tighter.

Woman listen to the directions of each of the challenges, where the men do not listen, they think they know what to do and just do it. He told the contestants in the beginning that he would not repeat the instructions to listen. **Does this give indication that the men may lose more challenges by not hearing the directions correctly?**

Asked JP if they will merger or switch. JP uhh... pause uhhh... then said I can not say but we have always merged in the past so I am sure there will be some sort of merge. Also said that the merge is strategic in the game to stir up the strong alliances that form and make it the 8 weeks of voting people is not boring. They know when they get to the individual challenges people will be in it for themselves. **I wonder if this comment is in general or referring to alliances that might break this season.**

Okay this is all I remembered from the interview. Not sure if this has spoiler value or not, but I wanted to share.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff P on radio Boilermaker 02-28-03 1
   RE: Jeff P on radio Q 02-28-03 2
       RE: Jeff P on radio Brownroach 02-28-03 3
   RE: Jeff P on radio Loree 02-28-03 7
       RE: Jeff P on radio PepeLePew13 02-28-03 8
 RE: Jeff P on radio jkokoj 02-28-03 4
   RE: Jeff P on radio wendyp 02-28-03 5
   RE: Jeff P on radio Brownroach 02-28-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-28-03, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
Thanks for the information. I found the listening to the instructions part very interesting. Although I believe that men have certain distinct advantages over women - I also believe that the women have certain distinct advantages over the men. And women definitely listen better.

I think this implies that we can expect more complicated challenges than in the past that require good listening skills. The men last night had the lead once again and blew it due to a distinct advantage the women had over the men. I think that EPMB has done a great job of picking teams and picking challenges that make this game fairly level.

Also the part about Matthew makes me inclined to believe that he makes it far.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-28-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
Agree Boilermaker, Matt will go far. He made mistakes by choosing those allies, but that comment also leads me to beleive he will be saved somehow.

Is also interesting that Jiffy has given us comments in the past that Rob knows the game better than any other player ever, and now this one about Matt not knowing the game. Do you think that Matt goes far, and Rob does not. It would be the bait and switch?

Thoughts?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-03, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
Actually, Q, Jiffy's said this about Matt before, and in conjunction with Rob:

In The Amazon, Rob Cesterino, 24, a computer projects coordinator, ``definitely knows the game better than anyone who's ever played it,'' Probst said. ``He's telling me rules....

``But to contrast him, we had Matthew (Von Ertfelda, 33), who has been to all kinds of jungles all over the world... and yet he didn't know anything about how to play Survivor.''

Daniel said on the Early Show that he told Matt to vote for him, which Matt did. But not all the votes were read at TC, and Daniel exposed Matt as his "best friend." Now Matt is apparently going to be "left behind" next week.

Personally I agree that Jiffy is creating a smoke screen though. Matt may not operate using the conventional strategic wisdom but I think he's gonna last awhile.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
I think this is where having Christy on their tribe is a big advantage to them. Nobody is going to try and listen (lip read) more carefully than Christy. She wants to make sure she doesn't miss anything. So while others may not listen to exactly everything Jeff says. Christy is going to make sure she knows the exact rules.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
Bingo... and the women are hearing the rules for the second or third time as Christy may be doublechecking what Jiffy explained with the others in her tribe, so they're more easily able to remember all of the rules. The men hear it once and off they go, taking time to deal with any unsure moments as they fly -- but causing a delay.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
Thanks Wendy for letting me know. This is the other thread I posted:

jkokoj 1153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"
02-28-03, 11:13 AM (EST)

"Probst on Shawna from SS...good stuff..."
I think this guy is on to some good spoiling stuff. At least we can get some idea of what is going on a little behind the scenes. Although, we must take Jiffy's opinions with a grain of salt.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Comment
FilmMkr
(2/28/03 9:15:56 am)
ezSupporter
Probst On Shawna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My buddy (from last week's "Daniel's Mom" thread in Spec) just did his/her weekly radio interview with Probst. I gave 'em some questions to include in the interview, specifically about Shawna, and I think Jeff's response to that question in particular was interesting.
Here's what JP had to say during his five minutes on air -

On Daniel: He never got a shot - he associated himself with Ryan from the beginning and never got a chance to get going.

On the difference between the women and men: The men went back to camp after the reward challenge talking about, "Did you hear what she said about me?", but the women were saying, "Oh, they're easier than we thought."

On Shawna: Well, this is the first time we've had to deal with the question "What happens if someone wants to quit?" Usually I will try to encourage them and tell them that they will get a second wind, so just hang in there. But this is the first time we've encountered this, and we can't make them stay in the game.

But with Shawna . . . just let me say that wanting to quit and being able to quit are two different things, and when you see the episode next week you'll see what I mean.

On the challenges: The women are just listening better. I tell them all before we get started each season to be sure and listen carefully when I am explaining things, because I'm only going to tell them once. Last night was a perfect example - I told them specifically to be sure you chop the correct rope. The women did exacly that, but the men went for the wrong knot - there was a specific sequence to follow, and the guys didn't do that. They also tried to lift the board instead of sliding it out like the women did - just as I instructed.

Now let me tell you that the guys who put these challeges together go out of their way to make it so that if you screw up early, it makes it worse the further you go. The guys are just not listening.

On Matthew: Let me tell you, one of my favorite all-time moments happened last night when Matthew was speaking to Daniel in Mandarin. We knew he could do that, but you never know when something like that is going to happen. Now Matthew is one of those people who just doesn't get the game, either - he is an outcast who associated himself with Daniel and Ryan early, and now he is in a precarious situation.

That's all for now - my buddy talked to Danny's Momma this morning, too, and I'll post a synopsis of what The Big Mouth said over in Spec later today. In the meantime, though, I've got a show to cut - some of us have to work for a living!
-------------------------------------------------------------

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-28-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
This is the interview that I heard. There is not a transcript on the webpage of the interview, but here is the link that helps validate the interview. http://media.radcity.net/KILT/survivor.htm
This shows that they are talking to survivors and Jeff every week. This radio station is owned by CBS. I am going to send an email to ask if they talk to the lastest survivor at a certain time or not . I will let you know.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeff P on radio"
But with Shawna . . . just let me say that wanting to quit and being able to quit are two different things, and when you see the episode next week you'll see what I mean.

What to make of this? Only two things come to mind:

The women win IC, so none of them can leave. Or (I'm thinking this next is more plausible) --

The women must go to TC. Shawna, instead of just removing herself from the game, agrees to exit as the result of a TC vote, and asks the women to vote for her. But in the end she does not receive a plurality of votes. Shawna agreed to abide by the vote, and the person with the most votes must leave, as with any other TC.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •