The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-28-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
From the Twop spoiler thread.

"my friend's source had informed us that she had met the twins, Derek and Drew, and she thought they were very cute in person. Also I know it was very bad of us, but we had a laugh when she mentioned that she thought they were gay ."

Apparently, the racers were received by Miss Singapore while there and of course the team that stood out most was Models Inc. hence I guessing they were the only ones that rated a mention.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... GTmike 10-28-02 1
   RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... Skilinopia 10-29-02 2
       RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... Serendipity 10-29-02 3
   RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... Goober 10-29-02 4
       RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... icarus1502 11-03-02 5
           RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... SeaVisionBurma 11-03-02 6
           RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... Goober 11-04-02 7
               RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... icarus1502 11-07-02 8
 RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... managerr 11-07-02 9
   RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in... oohchild 11-09-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-02, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
This is a possible good find. Is there a newspaper article or something saying that Miss Singapore met with the racers or would be helping with a TV production?

Hoping this is true. Give us more info about this if you can (what they had to do).

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
Hmmm....there are probably a lot of things that they could do, and even then, the locations are pretty close together. If they were to visit the more famous attractions in Singapore, it would probably have to include the Mandai Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, Botanical Gardens and of course Sentosa. However, these places being too prominant with no possible challangers, unless you would consider playing soccer with the elephants as one, or sliding down water slides in "Fantasy Island" in Sentosa as thrilling, (too bad, no more Eve boohoo over "That SLIDE is too TALL and it is filled with WATER. Am I going to drown?") So it means that they would have to visit the lesser know parts of the island. Such as Palau Ubin an offshore island where it could be a detour between "Ride" or "Walk" probably looking around the island for the next clue. Possibility of team staggering here as the boat leaves every half an hour I think. Or they could end up in crowded areas like "Little India" "Geylang Seri" or "China town" where it is more ethic and they would have to perform local items. Hmmm...so what is distinctly Singaporean? Let's see, going to the movies, eating out and watching the Tele...yawn (and oh yes studying, maybe a mental challange against the top maths brain from the top schools, ha) Who knows maybe they would have to go down Orchard Road to look for expensive branded goods which they would have to buy with their cash on hand which would mean that if they have not been saving wisely...Most likely the pit stop should be at Sentosa where after taking the Cable Car, Ferry, Taxi or walking in, they would have to run to one of the two hotels, Rasa Sayang Sentosa or the Beauford. Sentosa despite its many signs can be confusing especially at night.

Speculations with a lot of bashing (apologies, I am a basher by nature) Can anyone in Singapore verify what I said? Looks like Singapore is going to be one of the last few legs. Could it be a non-elimination? If this is so, the chances of twins in last four would be very likely. (Oh no, not another, Rob/Brennan, Chris/Alex, clone victory?)

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-02, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
Can't confirm a thing, but I've read somewhere that they have to use something like the Light Transport Railway/aubway and either get off or change trains at a mall - supposed to be a very confusing connection.

10-29-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-02 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

GTMike, from what I gleaned from the Twop board, somebody knew somebody who either witnessed the meeting or worked for the local media that was assisting TAR production.
(ETA. Upon rereading the 2p spoiler, the initial source allegedly was the Miss S. herself.)
I don't think it came from any news article.

My guess is Miss Singapore will be greeting the racers at the pit-stop (a la Miss Italy in TAR 1) ie at the end of that particular leg.

Read somewhere the tasks involve visiting Chinatown and a certain Chinese temple besides taking the LRT.

TAR3's asian itinerary includes KL Malaysia as well in which racers have to make it to the highest building in the world,the
Petronas twin towers.

icarus1502 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-03-02, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail icarus1502 Click to send private message to icarus1502 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-02 AT 07:29 AM (EST)

i think i can predict what might happen in the Singapore leg according to all the spoilers and speculations i have seen

Singapore will be the 11th pitstop with 5 teams setting off. see my explanation here: http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=1066.topic

teams start from KL in the 11th leg to malacca or JB for detour

route info tells them to take KTM train to Singapore (leaves every 3 hours, i think. someone correct me on this)

roadblock is AR2's sydney style where one member stays behind while the other runs around places like chinatown, little india, kampong glam and city. the clues will be in english, chinese, malay and tamil instead of australian slang.

OR

if detour is in Singapore, then sentosa would be a good place. teams come out from KTM station and go to mt. faber for detour. maybe cable car and ferry. cable car pros = nearby, cons = scary. ferry pros = not scary, cons = too far and leaves at intervals.

roadblock is same as above, except that they run around in sentosa

fast forward would most probably about the one concerning the LRT. teams would start from choa chu kang and make their way to ten mile junction via LRT. daunting task for the teams as only certain trains go there and must be taken from stations after bukit panjang. if train breaks down, then...

pitstop still not sure but it'll be some place of great significance. somewhere around the eastern areas.

remember, this is just speculation. do not take this for real.

however, i can confirm one thing. ken and gerard will be eliminated because in the 3rd last leg, the team which we want to see in the final leg, never makes it (kind of like kevin/drew, oswald/danny).

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-03-02, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
>see my explanation here: http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=1066.topic
>however, i can confirm one thing.
>ken and gerard will be
>eliminated because in the 3rd
>last leg, the team which
>we want to see in
>the final leg, never makes
>it (kind of like kevin/drew,
>oswald/danny).

But by your own spec in survivor sucks - you speculated the possibility of 4 teams in the final race to the finish (which is brilliant and would make for a great ending if they can keep the teams in some kind of close competition)
Either way, I would say that Gerken WILL remain in the final group. It would create a better storyline because:
- an alliance has been kept up to the last elimination round between the Brother teams,
- the desire to win would over-ride that same alliance being able to continue (i.e. one or other team MUST break it off so that they remain seriously competetive)
- the original Brother Alliance teams are then suddenly racing AGAINST each other, and the rest of the remaining teams - to get the $1 million bucks.

Would make for better dynamics in the final throes of the race, IMHO.

So: If we have a final FOUR:
GerKen
Twins
JvJ
Ian & Teri

(If really a final 3, then Ian & Teri out before final leg)

My guess is that Flo Zach and Andre Damon will fall in the next 2 eliminations. Flo's run out of steam, and The Village People never had any.
AA and Teri Ian after that.

JvJ to win.

11-04-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-02 AT 10:38 PM (EST)

>however, i can confirm one thing.
>ken and gerard will be
>eliminated because in the 3rd
>last leg, the team which
>we want to see in
>the final leg, never makes
>it (kind of like kevin/drew,
>oswald/danny).

Icarus,
Can you be more specific? Did someone actually see the racers in Singapore to confirm KGB's absence and if so which remaining teams were actually sighted on location?

Ad. It's been confirmed on another board that Derek and Drew were seen at Mt Faber in Singapore.

icarus1502 14 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-02, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail icarus1502 Click to send private message to icarus1502 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-02 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

i already mentioned tt singapore would be the 11th leg, which is the 3rd last leg, by my speculation and i think tt that ken/gerard would most likely get eliminated then.

btw, it was confirmed tt they were seen on mt. faber? i didnt see tt spoiler...if tt's the case, then they are going to sentosa

my speculated final four would be:

aaron/arianne (villians)
derek/drew (2 good looking guys)
john v/jill (couple)
tery/ian (another villian)

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-07-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
JV/J in the Final 4? They are one of my favorite teams but no way--they just aren't getting a lot of screen time. When was the last time that a team made it that far on so little screen time?

If Damon/Andre are the next logical boot (as many are speculating) due to lack of face time, then JV/J must be shortly after them. All of the other teams seem to have some decent storyline going on. (Or a "role" that they fit into the show)

oohchild 18 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-02, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oohchild Click to send private message to oohchild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Confirmed sighting of a team in Singapore"
>JV/J in the Final 4?
>They are one of my
>favorite teams but no way--they
>just aren't getting a lot
>of screen time. When

Totally agree, if I were the TAR editor I will make sure that the teams that get into the finals will have sufficient air time to develop their personality.

Did someone mention that the team was reported sighted in Singapore by Straits Times? I happened to miss that article. If it is from Strait Times, then this spoiler gotta be true. Which goes to say the following are most probably (speculating) in Singapore

1) Derek and Drew (Lots of coverage in TV commercials & sighted by a couple of sources)
2) Flo & Zach (because they are given a lot of coverage in local TV commercials)
3) Aaron and Arianne (as usual u need a villian, and they commented in the commercial as well)
4) ??? ???
5) Ken & Gerard (Saw them in the commercial as well)

Andre/Damon 99% eliminated in next two episode

??? : can be filled by JV/Jill (as in Blake/Paige) or Teri-Ian (as in Tara-Will). Chances are Teri-Ian, although I would love to see JV/Jill in the finals.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •