The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Take me to the Casbah?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-25-02, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Take me to the Casbah?"
The previews show the racers driving (or not - depending on which pump they use) in Spain. South towards Gibralter? I wonder if the next pitstop is in Tunis in Morocco.There is a ferry that crosses the straits from Spain (Algeciras?)near Gibralter to Morocco (Ceuta?) near Tunis.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Take me to the Casbah? Esbea 10-25-02 1
 RE: Take me to the Casbah? Serendipity 10-27-02 2
   RE: Take me to the Casbah? J Slice 10-27-02 3
   RE: Take me to the Casbah? VA Slim 10-28-02 4
   RE: Take me to the Casbah? Esbea 10-28-02 5
       RE: Take me to the Casbah? Serendipity 10-28-02 6
           RE: Take me to the Casbah? Esbea 10-28-02 7
               RE: Take me to the Casbah? clemsonbeav 10-28-02 8
                   RE: Take me to the Casbah? Esbea 10-28-02 9
                       RE: Take me to the Casbah? clemsonbeav 10-30-02 10
                           RE: Take me to the Casbah? Esbea 10-30-02 11
                               RE: Take me to the Casbah? clemsonbeav 10-30-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
AND, unlike that stinkin train, there are several ferries per day.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-27-02, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
Cliffs are probably down in the Algarve region. Probably would have ot drive to Algeciras. Gibraltar;s roads are way too scary - too steep and too narrow - to trust that this crew wouldn't kill themselves and others. Besides Gibraltar only has two ferries per day and none on weekends.

Algeciras has a hydrofoil leaving every morning (maybe more, but I think just one) plus ferries that run from 7 am to around 5 pm at night.

Isn't Tunis in Tunisia? Thought the largest Moroccan city near the ferry port was Tangiers.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
hey Slim-

If you go to the CBS site for TAR3 and watch next week's previews, it is clearly indicated that Morocco is indeed involved with next week. It even says, in big lettering on the screen "MOROCCO"

The previews on the See-BS website are usually a million times more helpful than the 10 seconds of useless crap they tack onto the end of the show. Check it out.

I hope Flo's nervous breakdown indicates the downfall of that little bloc.

-=J=-

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-28-02, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
Doh! I read Tangiers on the map but wrote Tunis in the string. Maybe I should apply for TAR - I've proved that I can read as well as Heather & Eve!

10-28-02, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-02 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

I think theres ferries from Terife as well. Algeceris now has two or three hydrofoils per day during high season (so my friend tells me), though the first one leaves very early. Its a long drive, but not a bad one through Spain. At least theres a "major" highway there now (though the speed traps are a beoch)
I agree theyre not doing the cliff thingy from "The Rock". Besides the roads, the British Govt probably would nix it. And those monkeys...though that would be a total riot.
Cant wait to see this weeks show, it'll be like old home week for me! Theyll be driving right by my old stomping grounds. I lived in El Puerto de Santa Maria for 3 years. You sound pretty familiar with the region Serendipty, have you lived there as well?

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-28-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
Never lived there but have twice taken motoring vacations thru the area. Once I started in Portugal,driving up the coast, then back down to the Algarve thru the road just to the east of Lisbon. From there I went to Gibraltar and across Spain to fly home from Malaga.

The next time I did a circle trip from Madrid. Stopped by the sherry towns (really love the dry sack stuff), across the bottom of Spain again and back up thru Granada and Cordoba. Long, long, dusty drive in many places, but we had such a good time. We actually found some great places to stay in such out of the way towns. Ah, the joys of the internet.

10-28-02, 07:07 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
Aww geezzz, now Im homesick for the Ferias.......The Sherry houses wandered around the fairs pouring out sherry for free in the little cups you got from your local vente....all the decorated horses, sevillana dancing until dawn....those Spaniards reall know how to have a good time.
And I think that Granada is one of the most beautiful places Ive ever been. Thanks for the road trip, even if it was a mental one.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

clemsonbeav 4208 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-02, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
When I went to Spain in Summer 2001, we first went to Cordoba. The were having their Feria at the time, which was truly awesome. The Mezquita is massively huge! Then we went to Ronda (reminiscient of the Mole). Never got to go in the bullring, although I wanted to (Darn, I have to go back to Spain! ). And then there was Granada. All I can say is "Wow!" La Alhambra is probably the most beautiful place that I have ever gone to, and the Generalife is GORGEOUS! When I go back in the near future, I am definitely going back to Granada. We also went other places like Madrid (stayed basically on the Puerta del Sol), Barcelona (gotta love Las Ramblas), and Valencia (paella on the beach, and a soccer match). Going to Spain was THE best thing I have ever done, and I wish that the TAR crew would stay longer in there.

That was a great trip down memory lane.

10-28-02, 08:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
You GOTTA give Andalusia a shot next time youre there! Jerez, El Puerto, Cadiz, Sevilla.....Ill buy your first cafe monchado for the morning hang over.

10-30-02, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
Thanks, but no thanks about the cafe monchado (well, maybe, but not because of a hangover). I don't ever expect any hangovers in Spain. I went on a 3 week trip with a local university, but I was in 11th grade at the time (I'm now a freshman at Clemson). I didn't drink any alcohol while I was over there. Yes, I know, wine/beer is a "food" in Spain, but it's just personal preference. One of the MANY highlights I had was something called a "drop-off." No, I didn't bungee off of the bridge in Ronda. The professor teamed us up with a buddy and dropped us off in various mountain "pueblos blancos" near Ubrique and Cadiz. Towns including Zahara, Grazalema, and my town: Villaluenga del Rosario. We had to find a hostal, find food, and accomplish various tasks (hey! this relates to TAR kinda!). I had to find out about the annual bull fight (yes, that's right, only one per year, and it was on my birthday that year! ) and then go into one of the nearby caves and retrieve a rock. Word of advice: never try to climb a mountain to get to a cave in SANDALS (especially when there's cabra caca all around if you know what I'm saying ). I miss 3 foods/beverages the most: "La Casera", churros con chocolate, and cafe (solo o con leche). I'd call home and my mom would ask what the best part was, and I'd always say "Food!" It's so different over there, and I want to go back! Adios!

10-30-02, 09:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
OOOOHHHH..the chocolate....best thing in the world, its like hot liquid pudding....perfect with the churros....sigh.....

10-30-02, 11:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Take me to the Casbah?"
I'll sigh with you *sighs* Dang TAR, why can't you STOP in Spain and do stuff?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •