The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Villain of S6?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-03, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Villain of S6?"
It seems that there is a villain from the editing every season and that person typically makes the final 8 every year.

My early favourite for the villian of S6 is... Jeanne.

She's indirectly or directly had a hand on almost every conflict in the Jaburu camp so far -- without any of it really sticking on her. She was the one who made a deal over the granola thing and orchestrated the blame game on Janet. She told Christy about what Joanna said over the immunity idol -- probably knowing full well that Joanna was right there in the vicinity listening to their conversation. Jeanne was the one who argued with Christy that everyone is working and nobody is "shirking their duties." Finally, we have Janet's comment right before the group goes to TC... she tells us that Jeanne is the one stirring things up at camp.

To sum it up, Jeanne's very sneaky and doing a good job of pitting contestants against each other and taking advantage of the situations presented to her.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What about Rob SurvivaBear 02-21-03 1
   RE: What about Rob ElroyJetson 02-21-03 2
       RE: What about Rob dajaki 02-23-03 24
   RE: What about Rob PepeLePew13 02-21-03 8
 RE: The Villain of S6? Boilermaker 02-21-03 3
   RE: The Villain of S6? jkokoj 02-21-03 4
   RE: The Villain of S6? ShowMeTheWinner 02-21-03 10
 RE: The Villain of S6? zzz 02-21-03 5
   RE: The Villain of S6? Krautboy 02-21-03 6
 RE: The Villain of S6? cowboyroo 02-21-03 7
 RE: The Villain of S6? Q 02-21-03 9
   RE: The Villain of S6? erikman 02-21-03 11
   RE: The Villain of S6? TribalTex29 02-21-03 14
 RE: The Villain of S6? SurvivorBlows 02-21-03 12
   RE: The Villain of S6? Round Robin 02-21-03 13
       will JoAnna be voted off before Chr... TribalTex29 02-21-03 15
           RE: will JoAnna be voted off before... PepeLePew13 02-22-03 18
       RE: The Villain of S6? Rosewood 02-21-03 16
 RE: The Villain of S6? I_AM_HE 02-22-03 17
 RE: The Villain of S6? Mrs Burnett 02-22-03 19
 RE: The Villain of S6? Krautboy 02-22-03 20
   RE: The Villain of S6? VerucaSalt 02-22-03 21
 Maybe, but.... GuessItRains 02-22-03 22
 RE: The Villain of S6? ShowMeTheWinner 02-23-03 23
   RE: The Villain of S6? Loree 02-23-03 25
       RE: The Villain of S6? Brownroach 02-24-03 29
 RE: The Villain of S6? Mrs Burnett 02-23-03 26
 RE: The Villain of S6? alleyb 02-23-03 27
   RE: The Villain of S6? Thaibeach 02-27-03 38
 MATHEW Wacko Jacko 02-24-03 28
   RE: Villian smrtNsassybnkr 02-24-03 30
       RE: Villian VerucaSalt 02-24-03 31
       RE: Villian dabo 02-24-03 32
           RE: Villian Wacko Jacko 02-24-03 33
               RE: Villian dabo 02-24-03 34
               RE: Villian SPRocket 02-26-03 35
                   RE: Villian dabo 02-26-03 36
                   RE: Villian ShowMeTheWinner 02-27-03 40
               My $0.02 KeithFan 02-26-03 37
                   "ala Jerri" is key waterbug 02-27-03 39
                       Good analysis Bug jkokoj 02-27-03 41
                       RE: "ala Jerri" is key PepeLePew13 02-27-03 42
                           RE: "ala Jerri" is key waterbug 02-27-03 43
                               RE: "ala Jerri" is key VerucaSalt 02-27-03 44
                                   RE: "ala Jerri" is key PepeLePew13 02-27-03 45
                                       RE: "ala Jerri" is key Loree 02-28-03 46
                                           RE: "ala Jerri" is key KeithFan 03-01-03 47
                           Jiffy's villain quotes waterbug 03-01-03 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What about Rob"
Rob has already admitted that he is going to lie his @ss off to win and he really seemed to be getting off on the Roger/Alex conflict. He is humorous about it, but reminds me of the RobFadda. I think AnotherRob would be another good canidate for villian.

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What about Rob"
Agreed SurvivaBear! Also, if he makes it to the jury we should call him RobFarther!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What about Rob"
I would have loved to see the RobFather get to the jury. As a consolation, I'll take this Rob. I just hope his questions to the final 2 are biting.

02-21-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What about Rob"
I thought of Rob as well, but he didn't have anything to do with Alex and Roger's head-butting, at least as far as we could see from last night's interview. He just cackled and took great delight in what was going on. I'd need to see more actual hands-on actions before I can label him as a villian.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-21-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Although I can see that Jeanne was beginning to be edited as a villain, I believe that the real villain to this point has been Jenna. She has treated the Christy situation from the start as a huge negative for the team, doesn't seem to contribute, and she seems to be trying to lurk in the background while trying to influence impressions of the teammates she doesn't like. At tribal council she was constantly making negative expressions at anything that was said by her teammates.

Jeanne might very well be evil, but I take her comments on not working hard to be that she was insulted by Christy's remarks that she was working so much harder than the rest of her teammates. Noone likes to be called lazy, even if it is true. As far as Janet's comment regarding Jeanne, I believe that Jeanne really believes that Janet brought the candy-granola bar with her. If so she is justified in speaking about it. The only evidence of being a villain that I interpreted was that she acted as a conduit to start the Christy and Joanna fight.

As far as Rob being a villain, he is just playing the game smart from my perspective and it is refreshing to see someone be open about the fact that he is there to win a million at all costs. Maybe that is the definition of a villain, but to me it is the only way to play this game.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-21-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
If Jeanne had seen the fruit bar in Janet's bag earlier why the hell did she not bring it up sooner? I think she is playing everyone for all its worth. There is always one in the pack that will pit one against the other.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-21-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Nope. Jenna isn't the villain. See my earlier post:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3561.shtml
(Post #8)

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
I thought it was Roger. He is bossy and arrogant. He is a homophobe. Aren't these the true makings of a Suvivor Villain?

I'm surprised no one else sees him as the emerging villain.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-21-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Roger has some negative traits, but he's not sneaky enough about it to be a real villan...besides I don't think he'll stick around long enough to develop his villanous side...

Krautboy

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
I agree with you Pepe about Jeanne...and to add on, when she said she saw the granola bar earlier in Janet's bag, I was almost positive it was Jeanne that brought the granola bar in the first place....If she was soooooo upset about it in the crate, why would she have not brought it up earlier....

And she was buddy-buddy with Janet as they were fishing, then votes her off...

Of course, she got the wild editting that Zoe used to get where they show her writing her vote but not lifting it up....Gotta love that freaky editing...

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
I had such high hopes for Jeanne, then last night happened. I think even if she is not the "villan" of the show she is in my mind. I think the stress may be getting to her. She discussed with Christy what happened, but did not stand up for her at all, IMO, to Joanna's face. She waited for her to leave first. If she is not the villan, then she is a troublemaker, who most likely brought the granola bar.

So Jeanne and Joanna, now top my list of big dissapointments on this season.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-21-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
jeff p said there is a jerri this season so i think he ment jeanne in candygate.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-21-03, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Hey Q,

You and I are on the same page. I had a good feeling about Jeanne and JoAnna before the show and at this is point, they are both incredibly shady, although I think we can agree that Jeanne is going to get farther in the game. For JoAnna to shun the immunity idol without even being willing to call it something else is pretty biased and would upset me if I were on her tribe.

I would like to see Jeanne, JoAnna, Rob and Roger be the final four just because they look all innocent but we know their game.

If I were to choose, I would call the final 4 now as Jenna, Heidi, Alex, and Butch as the final four assuming we have an equal gender mix, but if one tribe dominates, I'm voting for Butch, Alex, Dave, and Rob, with Rob going first, Butch next, and Alex winning over Rob. (or vice-versa depending on how the males interract with the females. From what I've seen, Rob will come off as some sort of molester,

Just a guess.

TT29

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
I don't think it's going to be Jeanne, I think Jeanne is going to take advantage of Christy's isolation to ally with her, but I don't think it's going to be anything more than that.

I think Rob has funny villian potential, maybe more in a traditional Dicque role than Brian (Brian always seemed a bit more aloof or deliberate than anything, I don't think we saw Brian smile five times along the way.)

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
For me, the villain so far is Joanna, hands down. She is a self righteous Alicia Calaway wannabe who is entirely too in your face about everything. How anybody goes through life being that much of an arrogant, selfish horse's arse is totally beyond me. If anybody on the street ever was as rude to me as Joanna was to Christy with that hand in the face bullcrap, I'd be in jail and he'd be in the hospital. I cannot for the life of me see how that woman can make the jury, and she might not even make the merge. There are some real beatches on Jaburu, but Joanna is so blankety-blank bad about it that I don't see how she can survive without pissing so many people off that she's one of the next couple women booted.

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "will JoAnna be voted off before Christy?"
That is the question. From what we've seen, JoAnna is strong, but even Deena, who has remained nuetral and doesn't appreciate Christy's forwardness, was hoping JoAnna would just stay quiet about the idol before bed. Come on, whatever you believe about idols, why would she go on a show where an idol is THEE most sought after possesion. C'mon! Jesus also lived poorly, yet we could conclude that JoAnna wants that million dollars more than her righteous a** would say.

02-22-03, 08:00 AM (EST)
18. "RE: will JoAnna be voted off before Christy?"
>Come on, whatever you
>believe about idols, why would
>she go on a show
>where an idol is THEE
>most sought after possesion.
>C'mon! Jesus also lived
>poorly, yet we could conclude
>that JoAnna wants that million
>dollars more than her righteous
>a** would say.

Talk about being an hypocrite! Spouting off on "false idols" and all that yadda yadda, but nothing wrong with lusting after a million dollars and putting down other people for disagreeing with her?

Rosewood 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-21-03, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rosewood Click to send private message to Rosewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Don't much like Joanna, huh?

I don't see Joanna as the villain, but more the disgruntled/grumpy outsider, whose "attitude problem" gets her voted off as soon as her strength is no longer needed (kind of like Shii-Ann, although I hate making that comparison, because I actually liked Shii-Ann, and her outsider status was not as self-induced as Joanna's).

Rob is more like the machiavellan schemer, which I think is different then the villain. We could argue that Penny was the big villain of S5, while Brian was the schemer.

I don't see Jeanne as the villain at all, although she is definetly an instigator of things.... in another thread Ice Cat mentions a redemptive story arc that implicates her and Christy that seems very plausible to me, which doesn't leave much room for villain-izing.

I am more inclined to think that Jenna and/or Roger will be built up to be villains. Jeff P complained that Roger is extremely intolerant, and we've heard that Jenna is a few sandwiches short of a pic-nic. She certainly hasn't shown any redeeming qualities (beyond the obvious two front and centre)and as someone mentioned, she's been talking negatively about everyone...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-03, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
I agree Pepe

Rob may WANT to be the villian, and he's both smarter and funnier than that other Rob, but I don't think he will be the true villian.

Jeanne has proven herself every bit as smart, and even more subtle and sneaky. She is definitely the one stirring things up. She managed to pull a Jerri without being a beyotch, and she's got the same low-key type of villiany that I would attribute to previous winners like Rich or Brian, and the cutthroat tactics of Tina and Vee against Maralyn and Kathy. I DON'T think she'll win, or even sniff the million, but I DO think she's our villian.

Mrs Burnett 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-22-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20Burnett Click to send private message to Mrs%20Burnett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
>To sum it up, Jeanne's very
>sneaky and doing a good
>job of pitting contestants against
>each other and taking advantage
>of the situations presented to
>her.

Ditto Pepe. Jeanne does appear to make the most of every situation she's in, but is she overdoing it? I think so.

She ranges from everyone's best friend and cheerleader (Ep 1 saying that her other tribemates are moved by Joanna's spiritualism), mother substitute(braiding hair in vidcaps of younger tribe members) to camp conscience/moral policewoman (indignation over Janet's allegedly bringing food into camp).

I think eventually members of her tribe will become suspicious of her volitility.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Good observations Pepe. Jeanne appears to be someone we will love to hate as the show goes on. The significant weight loss associated with her suggests that we will have plenty of time to learn to despise this season's snake in the grass; the anaconda that quietly squeezes the life out of the other contestants...

Krautboy

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-22-03, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Don't forget also that Africandi (Diane) stated she heard that there was a WOMAN who was going to be horrendous out there (I'm paraphrasing) so I'm inclined also to believe it will be a woman. I agree Jeanne seems like an early candidate but I still got some others in my mind

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Maybe, but...."
Interesting observations, Pepe, but I don't see Jeanne being edited as a Jerri-style villainess.

Granolagate was played up entirely differently than Beffjerkygate was. Jerri was clearly portrayed as the leader in that one, although later indications were that Tina and others were as much involved in the witchhunt as she was. Here I didn't see Jeanne really being portrayed as the leader of the incident. Janet, however, believed she was, and MB likely wanted to explain Janet's vote.

As far as Christy and Joanna, I hardly see Jeanne's role there as stirring up trouble. Whatever Christy said must have annoyed Joanna much more than anthing Jeanne said, which leads me to believe that Jeanne simply relayed to Christy that Joanna didn't like the idol, something Joanna would have no problem with. If anything Jeanne's role here was like Jeff V. in S2 during the Kimmi-Alicia fiasco. Like Jeff V. (or Tina), I view Jeanne as a schemer, but not as a grand villainess in the Jerri-style.

My first guess at villain is Roger, who has been portayed as extremely unlikeable. Next guess would be Jenna, who much better fits the Jerri mold.

Just my .02...

02-23-03, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
We probably shouldn't count Heidi out as this season's villain. Awww... too bad. I really like her.

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/columnists/mmendoza/stories/022003dnlivmendoza.9bf9.html

Host can spot the survivors
02/20/2003

By MANUEL MENDOZA / The Dallas Morning News

MANAUS, Brazil – Mark Burnett has given up predicting.

"I predicted Richard Hatch would be the first one voted off," the Survivor executive producer says of the series' first winner.

Jeff Probst, the show's host, has no such qualms. Interviewed last fall at Survivor: The Amazon's jungle-lodge headquarters on the Rio Negro before the series was filmed, he was as eager to share his forecasts as the Web geeks who live to guess what'll happen next.

And so far, he's been right, correctly sizing up 24-year-old model/actor Ryan Aiken, the first contestant booted off the show's sixth edition, which premiered last week.

"On paper, this guy has the looks, he has the physical confidence, and he's got this outward confidence, but to me he's the biggest underdog. ... You can see through the bravado."

So who's the next to go, Jeff?

One prominent Survivor online site is picking chatterbox Janet Koth, 47, who got sick on last week's show and cried.

"Janet's big dilemma is, will she realize that people don't want to hear her yakking all day?" Mr. Probst says. "If she does and she can shut up, she can be pretty devious."

Early "spoilers" – Web-speak for stories and chat-room discussions that give away plot points in advance – had Shawna Mitchell, 23, and Alex Bell, 32, coupling up and making it to the end of the game. Lately, some Survivor sites have been predicting they'll have early exits.
For his part, Mr. Probst found them charming but says they should watch out for 24-year-old phys-ed teacher Heidi Strobel, whose sweet-and-innocent act he doesn't buy.

"I think Heidi is a major player. Heidi is determined. Heidi overcomes any deficiencies she has. ... I don't trust her."

Mr. Probst also foresaw good things for Roger Sexton, 56, the bossy construction company executive who received three votes last Thursday, narrowly escaping elimination, and for 24-year-old Christy Smith, who's deaf.

"Working against him is he wants to lead," the host says of Roger. "But he's a father, he lost a daughter, he's a Vietnam vet. He has the mentor capability, which could be endearing. There are a lot of young people on this show, and mentors do really well ."

Speaking of Christy, he says, "She knows that people are going to be talking behind her back. But she also knows she's a much better lip reader than she's going to let on."

Mr. Probst was less hopeful about the chances of other contestants, including:

• Rob Cesternino, 24, Survivor: The Amazon's comedian: "The trickster, you always need him. He's the guy who's going to make everybody laugh. The trickster, though, has never gone past the merge."

• Dave Johnson, 24 , the rocket scientist: "He's got a shot, if he's not too threatening. His dilemma is going to be not giving away too much."

• Matthew von Ertfelda, 33, the restaurant designer/world traveler: "The best thing he could get from this show is humility. Let's see if he has the willpower to not brag, because I don't think he does."

• Daniel Lue, 27, the Houston accountant who caused the men's tribe to lose last week's immunity challenge: "His attitude screams, 'Look at me.' He's really happy that he's built his body, that he was a little weakling and he's not anymore."

The Houston Chronicle reported last week that Daniel was diagnosed with malaria after he returned from Brazil. He and the other contestants took preventive medicine while they were on the show.

Mr. Probst listed 22-year-old swimsuit model Jenna Morasca as the biggest sleeper in the group – the dark horse who could win by lying low.

He's also backing another underdog, Survivor: The Australian Outback 's Colby Donaldson, who has become one of his best friends.

Colby is the Texan who got a lot of grief for basically giving away the $1 million prize. He chose to face Tina Wesson in the final vote instead of Keith Famie. Tina won the money, and Colby was seen as a hero – for a while. But he didn't turn it to his immediate advantage.

Instead of quickly exploiting his good-guy fame, he moved to Los Angeles and started taking acting lessons in a bid for a serious career. So far, he has appeared in a movie on the Pax network and in guest spots on Just Shoot Me and Reba.

"We don't talk about it anymore," Mr. Probst says of Colby's decision to face Tina instead of Keith. "He made a good choice, I think. ... He's going to make it as an actor."

Now, that's a prediction.

Looks like the peeps who picked Jenna as the winner in the PTTE thread could rejoice a little. Jiffy really likes her-- saying that she isn't going to be the villain and even picking her here as the underdog who might win the game.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
What I always wonder about is the players that Jeff doesn't mention. And why?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
>>Interviewed last fall at Survivor: The Amazon's jungle-lodge headquarters on the Rio Negro before the series was filmed, he was as eager to share his forecasts as the Web geeks who live to guess what'll happen next.<<

It's important to remember that Jiffy said all these things before the game started, based on his initial impressions of the contestants. I think his assessment of some of them changed along the way (he doesn't seem to think so highly of Roger now, for example).

Mrs Burnett 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mrs%20Burnett Click to send private message to Mrs%20Burnett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Did anyone notice the shot of the spider weaving its web that was inserted in Ep 2? It came right after Jeanne finished the confessional in which she said that she didn't like cheaters. It could be indicative that Jeanne is the villian weaving her web or alternatively that she is caught up in the web of the real villian.

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
Let's not forget a couple of things here.

Jeanne did not tell the other women about her suspicions of Janet--only Joanna, and we did not see exactly what Jeanne said to Joanna in regards to this. Joanna was the one to tell the others, and she could have been manipulating Jeanne's words to throw everyone's suspicions on Janet. It is true that Janet blames Jeanne for stirring things up, though. But Joanna was the one pulling the strings.

Also--we were not shown the first confrontation between Joanna and Christy, so we don't know exactly how Joanna confronted her or how Christy initially reacted. Instead we were shown (it appears) Christy venting to Janet about the situation after it happened, and Joanna going in for a second attack.

So I just want to point out that there is more going on in these situations than it appears on the surface.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The Villain of S6?"
"Jeanne did not tell the other women about her suspicions of Janet--only Joanna, and we did not see exactly what Jeanne said to Joanna in regards to this. Joanna was the one to tell the others, and she could have been manipulating Jeanne's words to throw everyone's suspicions on Janet. It is true that Janet blames Jeanne for stirring things up, though. But Joanna was the one pulling the strings."

I respectfully disagree! I'm no fan of Joanna...in fact, I hate the self-righteous beeyotch, but Jeanne is a genuine instigator and manipulator.

If she had seen the granola bar in Janet's bag already, why the he** didn't she say something? She declared in her confessional that she "doesn't like cheaters", yet she kept her mouth shut about Janet's contraband until the whole group found it? Don't think so!
And, either Deena or Jenna commented that JEANNE was the one who wouldn't let the granola incident drop (implying that maybe the others were willing to, in the absence of definite proof of who had smuggled it in, once it had been burned).

I also think, from the way Jeanne described the Christy-Joanna incident, that she (Jeanne) knew very well that Joanna was right there to hear Christy call her attitude "stupid".

These women are an embarrassment!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-24-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "MATHEW"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-03 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

This is easy. mathew has already been deemed to go far in the game. Mathew has said in his audition tapes and the Saturn DVD that he was do anything to win the game and that he thinks it will be a piece of cake. Mathew on the DVD said just write me the check now. I know Mathew will be the villian.

Roger and Joanna will not last long enough.

Jenna is another possibility. I think currently she has an alliance with Heidi and Shawna. I think she may stab them in the back later. Remember what she says about Beauty Contests.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-24-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Villian"
I think the person we are all overlooking here is Heidi. sure, she seems cute and sweet and all that, but even Jeff states he doesn't but it. I think the "wolf in sheep's clothing" quote hits the nail right on the head. I think Heidi will be our villianess. And rightfully so, I believe she will make it at least to the final 6, if not the final 4.

02-24-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Villian"
Actually smrt, after reading that article, you brought up a good point. Also, Milkshaky had indicated that Heidi and Christy are not exactly buddy buddy; MS used more powerful descriptions but it stands to reason there might not be any love lost there. MS had also indicated that Heidi goes far but doesn't believe Heidi gets in the final four and CO indicates (yes I know CO's information is spotty) that Christy does make the final four. You can't help but wonder what precipitates the animosity that MS speaks of, the fact that Christy may hold a higher place in the race for ultimate Survivor and how if this is all brought together that Heidi may look horrendous doing or saying anything about someone who has an impairment.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-03, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Villian"
I have found all this very interesting, but I don't think there is enough to go on yet to make any conclusions. The true villain manipulates others without regard to their feelings, and will try to get others to do his/her dirty work if possible.

That said, I think the two most possible explanations for the granola bar are (1) Janet actually was guilty or (2) Jeanne was actually guilty but successfully shifted the focus to Janet.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-24-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Villian"
Too much speculation there.

If anyone saw the Saturn DVD both Matthew and Jenna are those type of persons you mention. They could care less about making friends. And both are rumored to go far in the game.

I don't buy the Heidi stuff you mentioned. I see no scenerio of her being the bad guy.

Rob has mentioned he would backstab anyone but I also get the impression he is all talk.

I am sticking to Jenna or Matthew being the villians.

Personally I see Roger and Joanna being the same but they will not make it long enough to be considered a villian.

02-24-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Villian"
Agree, Joanna is unlikely to be around long enough to be considered anything other than a bad player. Richard Hatch in S1 genuinely didn't care for anyone else in the game but he was savvy enough to be pleasant rather than confrontational (the same can probably be said of Thailand's Brian). Roger has made the classic mistakes of taking obvious control (leadership) and being argumentative over a non-issue (homosexuality; which, granted, didn't hurt Rudy in S1, but he ended up with a gay guy to play nice with).

ARRRRRRR!!!!

SPRocket 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SPRocket Click to send private message to SPRocket Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Villian"
Okay, this is hearsay, and I fully admit that, but I got a co-worker of mine hooked on the show, and now he and I talk about Survivor nearly every day. Turns out he has a friend in LA that is good friends with Alex, and the co-worker reports to me that Heidi does indeed "turn evil" and becomes the villain of this season.

Let me be the first to say that I see no evidence of this evil transformation from the first two episodes, other than the fact that she seems very determined, and so I don't honestly know if I believe it myself. But since (reportedly) she still hasn't "made up" with Christy, she appears to hold a grudge, and so maybe she's just keeping that side of her personality hidden for now.

FWIW.

02-26-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Villian"
Thanks for the report, keep us up to speed if you hear anything else! Gosh, an evil gym teacher, maybe she forces them to play hitball!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

02-27-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Villian"
Oh no... I'm imagining the faces of the elementary school kids when "role model" Heidi turn evil. I think the school principal should get ready to put his foot in his mouth for inviting Heidi to speak to the school after the show is over about "what it means to never give up".

And thanks for the heads up, SPRocket. Would you be able to find out if Alex had any significant weight loss?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "My $0.02"
Agreed- Matthew. Nobody stands out to be a villan ala Jerri yet, and what we have seen of the other tribe members doesn't scream out villan by any means. Who do we have left? Matty Von. Just his TC vote speech gave me enough willie to say to myself they'd better watch their backs around him.

waterbug 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-27-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail waterbug Click to send private message to waterbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. ""ala Jerri" is key"
KeithFan's use of "ala Jerri" is a key to this whole thread, IMHO.

We aren't just talking about any kind of villain in S6, we are talking about a Jerri-like villain. Not Dicque-like; not Keith-like; not Lindsay- Kelly- or Lex-like; not Sean- or RobFadda-like; not even Penny-like.

What makes a Jerri-like villain? Here are some possible features:
* is female
* has minions who do her bidding (Mitch as her b**ch; Lamber)
* has a certain youngish sex appeal/attraction
* uses said appeal with one of the guys in an attempted manipulation (Colby as her personal chocolate bar)
* is edited as coy, somewhat cold, a ringleader, a manipulator, and as one who cuts out others early on in the game

I'm just not seeing how Jeanne fits all these bills -- in part because of her "mom-ness" and age (and, I'm saying this as a mom very close to Jeanne's age). The three young cuties, however, must be watched more closely. Consider their editing so far.

Jenna: lazy, vain, loathsome, and intolerant of Christy's difference. Is probably one of the contestants who had planned to use the "bikini strategy." Probably still hopes to use it when possible. VERY POSSIBLE Jerri-like villain.

Heidi: Pillows V.3, so far edited as vain and whiny but fit (ala Lindsay), probably wanted to use "bikini strategy" (why else pay all that money for those Pillows V.3?), very little empathy shown yet for Christy. Frankly, from the first time I saw her image, I didn't trust her eyes -- very hard, very manipulative (ala Penny). VERY POSSIBLE for Jerri-like villain.

Shawna: Edited as likable (even by the other tribe) and even sweetly vulnerable (couldn't untie the knots for nerves in Ep 1). Has not yet been shown in a negative light at all. LONG-SHOT for Jerri-like villain.

I hope somebody finds this analysis useful.

~~ waterbug ~~

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-27-03, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Good analysis Bug"
I like it. But Jeanne would make a good villian.

02-27-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
42. "RE: "ala Jerri" is key"
>Frankly, from the first time I saw her image,
>I didn't trust her eyes -- very hard, very manipulative
>(ala Penny). VERY POSSIBLE for Jerri-like villain.

Good analysis there, bug... I'm not sure what has been said exactly about the villain of this season -- was it quoted as "Jerri-like?" Even so, you've got some good possibilities outlined.

If you look at my post in the "Separated at birth" thread somewhere on page 1 of Bashers, you'll see a similarity in the eyes of Heidi's and Brian's from S5. Heidi's eyes is almost as cold and calculating as Matthew's.

02-27-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail waterbug Click to send private message to waterbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: "ala Jerri" is key"
Thanks, Pepe and jkokoj.

>Good analysis there, bug... I'm not sure what has been said
>exactly about the villain of this season -- was it
>quoted as "Jerri-like?" Even so, you've got some good
>possibilities outlined.

A few people (not sure who right now) have used this phrase, and I think it came from a Jiffy quote. I'm going to check the Probst quote thread to see if I can find it there. Does anyone else remember?

If the "Jerri-like" assumption just wandered into the list at some point, my analysis is pretty useless. I'm going to keep watching Pillows V.3's eyes, though (I'm less interested in her pillows than others seem to be!).

~~ waterbug ~~

02-27-03, 09:13 PM (EST)
44. "RE: "ala Jerri" is key"
After tonight's episode, I am pretty confident that Heidi may be the villian, her actions/attitude tonight were nasty, arrogant and condescending. I can see her being someone even worse than Jerri

02-27-03, 09:16 PM (EST)
45. "RE: "ala Jerri" is key"
I'm now leaning a little more towards Heidi as the villain of the show if it turns out to be a woman -- there was more shots of nastiness coming from her in this episode than there was from Jeanne (although Jeanne had that little bit at the beginning during the nominating of Deena for leader of tribe).

Still time for the villain to develop even further in the upcoming episodes so could be any one of 3 or 4 people.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: "ala Jerri" is key"
I believe Heidi is going to be the downfall of Rob. They keep playing up the interest Rob has in Heidi. And Rob is suppose to be the big Survivor fan. He thinks he has it all plotted out. Ryan did say that Rob's plotting comes back to bite him. I can't get the thought out of my mind that Heidi is going to be the one that does that. After a swap or the merge Heidi is going to be the reason Rob leaves. I think he is going to trust her when he shouldn't.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-03, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: "ala Jerri" is key"
My money is still on Matt. In this weeks episode right before Matt was talking to Dave on who would be better to vote for they showed the footage of the snake in the water.....preview of things to come.

03-01-03, 08:01 AM (EST)
48. "Jiffy's villain quotes"
Pepe asked:
>I'm not sure what has been said exactly about the villain of this season -- was it
>quoted as "Jerri-like?"

It took me a while to find this on Brownroach's Jiffy quotes thread, but here's what Jiffy said:

*** Comparing Jenna to Survivors past proved challenging for the show's host. "She's not like Elizabeth, she's not America's sweetheart," Probst said. "She's got a point of view, but she's not Jerri, she's not the villain." ***

Somewhere along the line, this may have been translated to assume we have a Jerri-like villian, and we *could* still read it that way. (Possible interpretation: Jenna isn't like Jerri; Heidi is). Or, we could read it as saying that while this season has its villain, it just isn't Jenna (and therefore could be any of the other folks speculated about on this thread).

In brownroach's Probst quote thread, Jiffy doesn't have much good to say about Heidi -- he states point blank that he doesn't trust her. And after watching last Thursday's show, Heidi is the *only* one shown making truly loathsome and exclusionary comments (we are the cute girls, we are comfortable with our bodies, those ugly older women have issues with that, we'll go topless in order to stay around because men are buffoons who can't think of anything else, etc.). Jenna merely said it felt good to bathe together with "release" from the bikini top, and Shawna said it felt great to be half-naked in the Amazon. Neither of them said anything truly catty -- all the nastiness came from Heidi.

Given the editing, my inclination for now is to stay with the Jerri connection, and look to Heidi as the eventual villain.

~~ waterbug ~~

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •