The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christy"
I know that I read this on one if the threads, but I could not find it reading down through again. So I am going to start a new thread. If it does not belong here feel free to lock and point me to the thread.

Christy said something like "Everyone was really nice to me, especially the woman". Now many times our opinion of how a trip/event went was how the last period of time we were at the trip/event. Last night I did not get the "feeling" that the women were really nice to Christy.

This makes me think she could stay around awhile while her major confronters, JoAnna and Jenna, may not. If her major confronters were gone that would make her trip better and the woman nicer.

Any comments?

Boot Ed

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christy Q 02-21-03 1
   RE: Christy PepeLePew13 02-21-03 2
 underdog sorgee 02-21-03 3
   I'll take it a step further... snoocharoo 02-21-03 4
       RE: I'll take it a step further... ZJ 02-21-03 5
           RE: I'll take it a step further... CinnaMinnie 02-21-03 8
       RE: I'll take it a step further... PepeLePew13 02-21-03 6
           RE: I'll take it a step further... ShowMeTheWinner 02-21-03 7
           RE: I'll take it a step further... snoocharoo 02-21-03 9
 Christy and Jeanne in Final Four... IceCat 02-21-03 10
   RE: Christy and Jeanne in Final Fou... snoocharoo 02-21-03 11
   RE: Christy and Jeanne in Final Fou... Devious Weasel 02-21-03 12
       Yer Right Weasel... IceCat 02-21-03 13
           RE: Yer Right Weasel... mockingbird 02-22-03 14
               RE: Yer Right Weasel... ShowMeTheWinner 02-22-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christy"
Well that could be, and I think she will stay around, but...

On the early show this AM, Janet said she and Christy had a wonderful relationship and such. She said due to editing because they have so much footage, etc. they did not show any of the positive relationships Christy had with tribe members, they focused on the fights and problems, SURPRISE SURPISE SURPRISE.

So that comment by her may be refering to sceanes we have not been shown, not sceanes that have yet to occur.

But as I said in the first line, I do beleive she will make it a while longer.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-03, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christy"
That's interesting and I'm also noticing some gaps in the editing of the show. Christy went from someone who had the gumption to walk up to the others on the first day and explain her background and introduce herself - to someone left behind at camp while all the others went out and her saying nothing - to teaching the whole group a group sign that they all used after winning the first IC (why didn't they show us that bonding?) - to what happened last night. There's a TON of stuff going on that they're not showing us.

Smeaky bastards, those editors!

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "underdog "
mr. sorgee does not agree AT ALL with what i'm about to type, but i think he's wrong most of the time anyway so here goes...

i'm thinking that christy will make it pretty far in the game and i'm basing this on the editing.
i'm sure that there is a lot more "niceness to christy than what we are being shown, but i think that christy is being edited as the underdog in order to stir our emotional attachments to the show. we see her as the underdog and secretly it's making us pull for her. i know that i'm pulling for her to kick some arse. it's making me want to watch(not that i need a reason becaue i have become a reality tv JUNKIE). do i think she's being edited to win? no. however i definitely would think that she makes it as far as the jury and possibly to the final 4.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I'll take it a step further..."
MY money is on Christy to win. Pepe and Pene, my dear sweet friends, please take this comment in the way it is intended and understand that it no offense to you or anyone else who is handi-capable.

MB would be the biggest ass in the universe if he put a deaf contestant on a highly rated reality show and had us share in her difficulties and triumphs only to watch her lose. It will NOT happen. The viewing audience will want to feel justified through Christy that they are in fact P.C. I'm not saying she wins because she is hearing impaired, she wins based upon her own merit and her being deaf is icing on the cake of MB's plan. He would look like a hero if Christie wins, everyone will want to root for the underdog and EPMB's ratings will skyrocket.

Christy is the only female out there with half a brain, she has balls and she has motivation. I like her, I respect her.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, there are so many other reasons"

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'll take it a step further..."
I'm supporting Christy!!!

However, I think it is unlikely she wins it all... But I get the feeling she is edited as the Kathy of S6

CinnaMinnie 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CinnaMinnie Click to send private message to CinnaMinnie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I'll take it a step further..."
I totally agree. Right now Christy is being edited a lot like S4 Kathy.
The comments that Christy made about needing to build a shelter seemed reminiscent of Kathy needing to get that fire started. The difference of course is that Kathy appreciated the fact that the rest of her tribe got the fire started while Christy acted like my three year old. I want, I want, I want – well now that you are going to give it to me – forget it!
She is very likely being set up for a Kathy-like redemption; complete with final four finish.
CM

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'll take it a step further..."
No offense taken in the slightest bit -- I fully expected more conversation on this type of topic than what we've seen so far on this board.

You KNOW that MB is going to pull out the strings to make sure that Christy fits in as much as possible. Coincidence that the blindfolded challenge was yesterday when the tribes were uneven and the girls had to sit out one? Nahhhh.

I'm a little disappointed with the editing that makes it seems like she's a fruit loop, I would have liked to see a little more bonding between her and the players, but I do understand it makes for a great redemption story arc as the episodes go along. Show the poor sap suffering and fighting with everyone, then poof, everyone loves her and she becomes an underdog and shocks people with her performance! Phffft.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-21-03, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I'll take it a step further..."
Hehehe... I agree with Pepe! That devious EPMB trying to pull a Kathy editing on us again! Christy is definitely bonding better than what we've been shown.

Some notable points: Milkshaky from another board, who spoilt Heidi as a Survivor contestant early on, apparently also said that Heidi has some form of a relationship with Christy. From what I've seen so far, I think Christy just doesn't gel with JoAnna and Jenna. I think she's bonding well with the other women. Janet said as much in the Early Show, Jeanne was filling her in with whatever that had happened the night before, Christy's video in the CBS website mentioned of her communicating with Shawna, and I think Deena has a pretty positive opinion of her since the both of them have been shown to be generally pretty friendly with each other, laughing together and so on.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

02-21-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I'll take it a step further..."
Me too Pepe...the editing of Christie and the women in general leaves much to be desired. It seems that MB intentionally wants to make the women look like incompatant fools and I think this ties in with his whole little "evolutionary experiment" that has been Survivor for the past 3 seasons. S5 was a study in m/f tribal dynamics, S6 is a test of who is the stronger of the sexes and I completely don't agree with that as each sex has it's own values and deficiencies.

It irritates and insults me that these women have no freaking shelter yet and no one is willing to step up and be the leader for fear of the boot. Grow some balls ladies and get your act together because you are making all women look like feeble morons incapable of doing anything more than washing their breasts.

I think too that Christie has just been edited sooo badly. The blow out with Joanna was so single sided and Joanna was flat out hostile toward Christie over something completely stupid but it was made to appear that Christie was the problem. The same with the shelter conversation.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Christy and Jeanne in Final Four..."
While watching the first episode I had the most overwhelming feeling that a major story arc was being set up for Christy.

It would be along the lines of a ostracized loner who is finally befriended by someone willing to not follow the rest of the tribe in their anti-social behavior. This kind gesture would lead to a fast friendship and a long lasting alliance.

I think that we saw the beginning of that phase of the Christy story arc when Jeanne finally approached Christy and talked to her. Note also how Jeanne sat next to Christy at the TC and comforted her when she began to cry.

A very long arc involving these two characters over-coming adversity is going to go right into the final four. Mark my words.

02-21-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Christy and Jeanne in Final Four..."
TOTALLY AGREE ALL MIGHTY CAT!!!!

I'll even buy ya beer if it happens that way because it would be justice served.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Christy and Jeanne in Final Four..."
Uhm, wasn't that Janet sitting next to her and comforting her?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Yer Right Weasel..."
I checked the tape and it was Janet at the TC. Jeanne's gesture to Christy earlier still satisfies the story arc, however.

mockingbird 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-22-03, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mockingbird Click to send private message to mockingbird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Yer Right Weasel..."
At times it seems Jeanne likes Christie, but certainly not at the campsite when she was telling her where to find the fishing gear. She looked and sounded very upset. Also, I wonder if she really was the catalyst in the Joanna/Christie argument. There was something so odd about the editing. Jeanne claimed that Joanna walked by and it was "dog eat dog". Why? Did Christie look at Joanna and say "that's stupid!"? Then during the argument it was as if they were talking about a previous argument they'd already had regarding the same topic-and suddenly it was Janet nearby rather than Jeanne. Something was missing-it just didn't make sense. Incidentally I was shocked that Joanna didn't react negatively to the decorum, torches, tribal setting of council. It all appears to be so "un-christian" like and yet, lo and behold, she didn't object. I was kind of anticipating a "laying on of hands" or perhaps even some annointing. I certainly hope she makes the merge only to see her win a reward challenge that requires participation in some sort of Amazonian tribal rite. Poor creature-I'm going to assume she does without a Christmas Tree every December, shouting and hand waving at every home she observes housing that idol of worship with the sinful lights. Would love to have seen Vee's(whom I liked) reaction to her. Oh who am I kidding-she'd simply say "too much idle drama over the idol"

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-22-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Yer Right Weasel..."
At times it seems Jeanne likes Christie, but certainly not at the campsite when she was telling her where to find the fishing gear. She looked and sounded very upset.
I think Jeanne has an alright relationship with Christy but she was p!ssed off with Christy's flip-flop attitude about building the shelter (can't blame Jeanne-- I'd be p!ssed off too).

My guess on what actually happened was that Christy had asked Jeanne about the conversations the girls were having the night before and Jeanne then told Christy about what had happened, to which Christy responded with the "that's stupid" comment, which JoAnna then overheard-- this is what Jeanne had said during her confessional. JoAnna might have confronted Christy about this issue hence the "dog eat dog".
Christy probably then went to Janet, one of Christy's buddies as per Janet's CBS interview, and talked about JoAnna with her. JoAnna probably got mad when she found out that Christy had been discussing about her "stupidity" to another tribemate, hence the sequel to the Alicia-Kimmi catfight.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •