The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Whoa"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-10, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Whoa"
Anyone watching the market?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Whoa vince3 05-06-10 1
   RE: Whoa cahaya 05-06-10 7
 RE: Whoa Max Headroom 05-06-10 2
 Spellling mistake? AZ_Leo 05-06-10 3
   and moonbaby 05-06-10 4
 RE: Whoa Maroonclown 05-06-10 5
 RE: Whoa cahaya 05-06-10 6
   RE: Whoa Round Robin 05-07-10 8
   RE: Whoa grit 05-07-10 12
 I am Sam foonermints 05-07-10 9
 RE: Whoa Estee 05-07-10 10
   RE: Whoa Max Headroom 05-07-10 11
 RE: Whoa moonbaby 05-07-10 13
 RE: Whoa Maroonclown 05-07-10 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-10, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Whoa"
It's bounced about halfway back, though.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-10, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Whoa"
Between up and down?

That's an ancient art.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-10, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Whoa"
A correction was inevitable after the big run-up. This may be it, or there may be another one in the near future.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-06-10, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Spellling mistake?"
Stock Selloff May Have Been Triggered by a Trader Error

In one of the most dizzying half-hours in stock market history, the Dow plunged nearly 1,000 points before paring those losses in what possibly could have been a trader error.

According to multiple sources, a trader entered a "b" for billion instead of an "m" for million in a trade possibly involving Procter & Gamble, a component in the Dow. (CNBC's Jim Cramer noted suspicious price movement in P&G stock on air during the height of the market selloff. )

Sources tell CNBC the firm in question that handled the erroneous trade is Citigroup. The bank said it has no evidence of a bad trade but is investigating the situation

05-06-10, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "and"
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aQKbTm0qCY0c&pos=1

"there were a number of erroneous trades" during an almost 1,000-point plunge..."

Crazy!

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-10, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Whoa"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-10 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

Fat-finger trading. Someone hit a "b" instead of an "m" on Procter & Gamble. Sent their stock through the floor by 50%.

Just an indication as to how jumpy the traders are. No one seemed to want to question the stock drop and everyone just reacted. Not good

Millions? Billions? Makes a huge difference.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-10, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Whoa"
I go long, baby.

Smurfed by Icey.

Short selling is for the short sellers.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-07-10, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Whoa"
I ain't going long on jack squat after a wacko day like that. I'll keep what I've already got, but after a wacked out day like that and with the monthly employment numbers coming out tomorrow, it'd be lunacy to go long tomorrow in any new stocks.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-07-10, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Whoa"
I go long, baby.

I repeatedly try to tell my husband that. He freaks out with every dip in the market.

When he first opened a deferred compensation plan with his county government job, the market took a huge dive right after he made a 15K investment. He freaked out and wanted to pull all the money. I told him we already took the loss and that we should wait, that it would rebound. And it did. There's more money in the plan than what he's invested since he started making contributions.

Last year, when the market was around 6,000 I put more money into my SEP IRA. This year, when I got the statement, I showed my husband how much money it made for me. He's gotten better about not freaking out with every little fluctuation.

Chocolately deliciousness by agman

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-10, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I am Sam"

Sam does not shop at this stand.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-10, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Whoa"
Which brings up at least one major question beyond the 'I didn't know it was bulls, bears, and sheep' factor: how many shares does P&G have out there? Does any company have a billion shares of stock outstanding? Because as a first-glance number, that seems a little high -- and unless there's some sort of precedent set, you'd think any skilled trader would recognize an error.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-10, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Whoa"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-10 AT 08:47 AM (EST)

But you said skilled trader. Silly Estee.

Edit: Most trading is done by automated programs these days anyway.

05-07-10, 10:41 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Whoa"
Looks like trades done in that weird twilight zone period of time where the big dip took place are going to be cancelled.

Now what can they do about today

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-10, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Whoa"
The investigation will be interesting.

While the "mistake" may have momentarily lost people a lot of money, I'm sure the investigators are more interested in who it might have benefitted and how much.

Thanks Cap'n

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •