The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why did Towanda get a C?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LizLiz 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-22-05, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LizLiz Click to send private message to LizLiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why did Towanda get a C?"
I just started watching SO a few months ago and am watching the second season reruns now. Today was surprising for me. I'm not really clear why Towanda got a C. Was anyone else surprised? I don't really get how she's so emotionally dishonest as to be on probation. Her breakthrough on the phone with Iyanla about her realizing it was herself she didn't trust seemed like a big move toward her goal of trust. I was actually shocked Iyanla was so disapointed in her, especially when Iyanla acknowledged her on the phone for her breakthrough. Was anyone else confused?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why did Towanda get a C? SOfan0221 06-23-05 1
   RE: Why did Towanda get a C? LizLiz 06-23-05 2
       RE: Why did Towanda get a C? SOfan0221 06-23-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-23-05, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why did Towanda get a C?"
That was the first time I have seen Towanda cry. So you know she has been carryig all that 'stuff' around inside. IMHO that is why she got a C. It takes more than just doing the exercises to heal, you have to own it and I think that is why Iyanla got on her case today.

LizLiz 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-23-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LizLiz Click to send private message to LizLiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why did Towanda get a C?"
Hmm. I guess it seems to me, she has been owning her feelings. She owned her mistrust issue as hers. She made it clear to Iyanala twice that it was *not* Iyanala but that it was herself (T) who was hearing judgment, and causing her to mistrust. If crying and sadness is something to work on,then that would be next. I read a summary of the next show, I guess Iyanala thinks she has "issues" of sadness/anger from when T. was in utero. If that's true, why be so harsh on her for not getting to that already?

Anyway, I appreciate your opinion. I'm new to message boards. One thing that's so helpful about them is seeing how many different opinions/angles people have on the same topic or person.

Liz

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-23-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why did Towanda get a C?"
Just MHO but Towanda says and does are different.

When she told Iyanla that it was herself she didn't trust and not Iyanla it was after she accused Iyanla of being 'harsh' and telling Iyanla that she didn't trust her. Iyanla basically said why woudl you not trust me, it is your life. So Towanda went away and thought about it and then later called Iyanla and told her that she had an ipaphany (sp?) that she realized it was herself she couldn't trust.

The just before the board of reviews, her and Iyanla had another heart to heart about Towanda and her progress.

I think now she if finally 'getting it', Iyanla wants to make sure the message sinks in.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •