The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 1 interviews with the contestants transcribed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

xrunneranidiot 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-13-01, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xrunneranidiot Click to send private message to xrunneranidiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 1 interviews with the contestants transcribed"
I transcribed and posted the complete set of interviews from the first week somewhere else. Since there seems to be some interest here I thought I would be good time to post them here too.

Originaly I thought team guido quote from the short interview was kind of interesting so looked to see what everyone else said in week one. I did this because of the survivor theory that in week one there is a clue to who wins.

I love Paul's and Karyns.The entire interview sequence:

Host

The Team are:
Frank and Margaretta. Married with a 10 month old Baby daughter
Frank: Its pretty much a Crossroads of the relationship
Margaretta-We haven't been living together for the last 10 months. It going to be really important for us to connect.(This interview took place in a studio)

Host Paul and Amie.

Recently engaged, just starting to live together
Amie- I believe this race can have a hough effect on our relationship.

Paul--Either its going to make us stronger than we are or were going to come back in separate planes. (Interview took place in their home)

Host Kim and Leslie, Both Teachers and Single
Kim Both of us are in prepared to handle anything that comes alongLeslie: I'm from a small town in Texas and what concerns me most is dying. (took place at home)

Host: Lenny and Karyn, Dating and thinking of Marriage
Lenny: I would like the money to buy the ring I think she deservesKaryn He know I am a very difficult person. I'm very competitive and very aggressive. He deals with that on a regular basis. (Studio interview)

Host: Dave and Margaretta, grandparents have been together for 40 yearsMargaretta: He tends to be a little bossy and it not in my nature to take orders very wellDave: My wife is an amazing lady, she do anything she sets her mind to. (interview home)

Matt& Anna-Met and married while serving in the army.Anna-You know I come from a strong minded women in my family. There high strung and bossy but Matt likes that.Matt She really smart and she got a good head on her shoulders. She never trusts my instincts. (interview studio)

Host: Joe and Bill, Life partners Together 14 Years.
Joe: Our name is team Guido, Guido is our dog

Bill: You don't have to be the strongest person.
You don't have to be the fastest one
But you do have to be the smartest one. (interview home but the strongest, fastest smartest comment was a voice over as they walked through central park)

Pat & Brenda working Moms in search of a once in a lifetime adventure.Pat I hope we represent the women who love their family and love their husband but don't mine being themselves.I don't think either one of our husband cared about us traipsing round the world. We just made a pack and decided we were going to make sure we did it. (interview home)

Rob and Brennan, Best friends and attorneys at the same firm.
Brennan: Both of us have been silver spooned over our whole lives, grow up good education and now good jobs. Of course that does not matter when you find yourselves hungry in the streets of Bangladesh. (interview work but interestly enough no Rob who is the usual spokesperson)

Host: Conservative Mother, Adventurous daughter
Emily: We a lot different, I am a get up and go kind of on the spot fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl.

Mom: She does not look before she leaps and I'm afraid she is going to get us in a situation we are not really ready for. (interview home)

Host: Drew and Kevin- Frat brothers best friends for 17 tearsDrew- Kevin and i have done zero for preparationWe are the ugly American here is no doubt about it. There is definitely the potential for an international incident. (interview studio)

Host:
Can these couples with stand the stress of traveling together over 35,000 miles Who will muster the right combination of brains, brawn, and teamwork to win the $1 million dollars? These are the questions weighing most heavily as we begin the Amazing Race.

(Phils comments take place on top of a building. Note how the brains, brawn, and teamwork comment seems to sort of match Guido voiceover in central park. Coincidence or red herring?

(PS did I mention the 1000X blowup of the intro gave me the winner?)

Xrunner

PS my regular account (xrunner)seems to be in limbo ever since I had to reformat my hard drive but I figured this was a natural one to use while I straighten that out.

Finally let me say I love TAR it the best show on TV and posting on it has been lots of fun. I just don't understand how this show has had as poor rating as it had. This screen name should have been lesmoovesisanidiot.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 1 interviews with the cont... rosesnote 12-13-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rosesnote 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-13-01, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rosesnote Click to send private message to rosesnote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 1 interviews with the contestants transcribed"
>Rob and Brennan, Best friends and attorneys at the same firm.
>
>Brennan: Both of us have been silver spooned over our whole
>lives...

It was Rob who said that. Brennan was not given a sound bite during the introduction. I think he was the only contestant to not be given a sound bite.

Also it is interesting to note that the order that the teams were presented to the audience was not the same order that they got off the bus and entered Central Park, as you can see from the overhead shots of the teams walking into the park.

Good luck Rob and Brennan!

Roses-Note

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •