The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Things that are not as they seem"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-02, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Things that are not as they seem"
In her summary of last week's Survivor episode Buggy got to talking about her fear of Radio Shack. She said

Radio Shack. Am I the only one who can't figure out why whenever you buy something there, they want all sorts of personnal info about you? My husband doesn't like for me to shop online because he is worried about me revealing personnal information, but he will go into Radio Shack for a piece of speaker wire and tell them his SS# my SS# his mother's maiden name, our daughters birthday and the name of the first girl who ever let him get to third base in the back seat of a car. Radio Shack scares me.

I have long suspected that Radio Shack was a cult. I know people -- guys, of course -- who felt the need to make a monthly trip for a "free battery." I'm glad it was finally outted.

Now I have my own suspicions. What is it with a Mattress Discounters on every corner? How many mattresses can a person use? How often do you replace your mattresses? They can't possibly sell enough to have a store on every block. So what are they doing in there? Laudering money? Running numbers? Any ideas?

And what is suspicious in your neighborhood? It is time we reveal the true nature of these evil institutions.

Always gentle, never harsh

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Things that are not as they see... fivestarwheezy 11-22-02 1
 RE: Things that are not as they see... Drive My Car 11-22-02 2
 RE: Things that are not as they see... kyngsladye 11-22-02 3
 You want a cult?!?! LionChow 11-22-02 4
   RE: You want a cult?!?! snoocharoo 11-22-02 6
       RE: You want a cult?!?! fivestarwheezy 11-22-02 10
   RE: You want a cult?!?! Red_Dobie 11-22-02 12
 RE: Things that are not as they see... Schnookie Palookie 11-22-02 5
   RE: Things that are not as they see... jkokoj 11-22-02 7
 Nail places moonbaby 11-22-02 8
 RE: Things that are not as they see... Breezy 11-22-02 9
 Stop before its too late! Q 11-22-02 11
   RE: Stop before its too late! TechNoir 11-22-02 14
       RE: Stop before its too late! Drive My Car 11-22-02 16
 I've got one PapaBear 11-22-02 13
 RE: Things that are not as they see... L82LIFE 11-22-02 15
 Snow Cone stands Drive My Car 11-22-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-22-02, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"
Okay, I've got one--Tanning Booths.
The place I go to occasionally offers all the tanning you want for 17.95 per month. There are never any customers there when I go, no matter what time of day (until Feb or so when the spring breakers come out) and there are always like 4 or 5 people 'working'. I say it with quotes because their usually doing their homework or changing the CD (apparently they have A.D.D. also because they can't keep a CD on for more than one song). How does this place stay afloat? I'm sure the rent on that building has got to be pricey. What else could they be doing, I ask myself...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Wheeeeeez

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"

Oh fer goodness sakes! LOL
Well I had no idea I was exposing the evil amoungst us. But I have to agree with Wheezy about the Tanning salon thing. I live in a town that has an official population of 6000 ( they are lying of course, the school system alone has more then that) But how do these business survive? And Why the *F* does Radio Shack need my phone number?
There are like 30 hair salons in my town ( yet to find someone who can do a decent Cut) how do they survive? Why are there 30 hair salons, and 10 places that do Nails ( exclusively, not that I get my nails done) and yet there is not ONE Music store. At least 5 tanning places, and there isn't ONE computer store! If we can't buy it at WalMart, we gotta drive 45 miles to Fort Worth. Oh and Tech, last count we had 3 Mattress stores in my small town ( only because the fourth one went out of business). I live in a touristy town, but give me a break, how do all those Antique stores pay their rent?

Radio Shack is just scratching the surface.

Oh and have I mentioned we can't get a decent Deli sandwich anywhere?

I have seen the women in my town, no one is going to the Beauty Salons.

(should I stop drinking now?)
Buggy- I was only half kidding about being scared of Radio Shack

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-22-02, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"
The suspicious business of the week is the catering hall near me. It used to be a lovely family owned department store. Now, it is a nightmare. I won't cater in there unless I'm forced to (which has only been once and it was more a pain in the a$$ than anything). In this building is retail space for rent and EVERY business that goes in there gets more than they bargained for. Twice now I've heard of the lady business owners paying their rent on their backs because the building owner has conned them into spending beyond their means. (I've met the man, he's nothing to look at and he's a bastige to boot so I can never imagine going "Ohhhh, I'd like to sleep with him.") I was in chat one evening (I think true, dabo and Ashmo were there) when I heard that the owner had been held hostage a couple of months ago and shot. (Erroneously, the news 1st reported that MY boss and his wife had been held hostage and shot.)

I heard from my boss that this building owner originally made his fortune by selling tickets to The Rapture...and yes I do mean The Biblical Rapture.
|

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-22-02, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "You want a cult?!?!"
I'll give you a cult alright!!

My wife, many wives on the block and people all around the town (county) have been secretly inducted into the cult of Longaberger baskets. The brainwashing and hypnosis is stealthy and evil.

Go ahead and laugh, but how else can you explain otherwise sane women spending close to a hundred dollars for a friggin basket??? Tell me all you want about the "fine craftsmenship" and "high quality wood", but I'm still never going to buy one. And it doesn't stop there, either. After you buy the basket, you can then spend mucho more dollars for a plastic liner and/or matching bow. Is it sufficient to have just one of these things??? Nnnoooooooooo!!! We have at least ten baskets in our house and the story is the same all down the street. Longaberger even has an annual "pilgrimage" to it's headquarters in Dresden, OH. I'm serious here!

Somebody, please help!

Quick, before she buys the "Winter Solstice Basket".

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: You want a cult?!?!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-02 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

AGGGGGGGHHHHHH, THOSE DAMN BASKETS!!! Why must they torment us?

LC...go and read wendyp's threasd about Tupperware. I posted my experience with the basket cult.

Tanning Salons, the Korean Nail Places and Pizza Parlours here in my town are doing some kind of back room business. We have 2 McDonalds, a Duchess and 15 pizza parlours. It's very odd.

Snoocharoo

"you went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey. Be cheerful, fit in or someone might think you're weird"

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-22-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: You want a cult?!?!"
Longaberger. Who woulda thought. I don' pay more 'an a buck 385 for a basket. Not that I buy baskets...that's just not my style.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Wheeeeeez

Red_Dobie 731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-22-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red_Dobie Click to send private message to Red_Dobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: You want a cult?!?!"
Oh my, the evil Longaberger cult!

I had the misfortune of working with a woman who was fully indoctrinated in the cult of Longaberger. She had over 100 at home in addition to her picnic basket purse. I was cast under their spell for a short while. But, I was able to shake the effects of the cult and realize that there are perfectly good baskets out there that do not require spending $100 each!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"
Great thread TechNoir.

I've also wondered about the tanning salons. I never see anyone in there when I walk by. And the nail salons freak me out. Why so many? They keep popping up everywhere here.

Another thing I wonder about is car washes. They are EVERYWHERE here in Atlanta. Every corner has one, sometimes two. And not just a car wash that's part of a gas station, but its own business with 10 car ports. You can have your car hand washed or auto-washed, waxed, buffed, have a meal while you wait, do it yourself, whatever you want. And they are always packed! Why is everyone washing their cars every day? We live in Georgia! We don't have snow and muddy slush! It's not like we have to worry about the salt eroding our cars. What's going on at these car washes???

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-22-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"
You guys are scaring me!!!

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Nail places"
At least one per block. Sometimes two but on different sides of the street. The fumes from OUTSIDE these places are enough to knock you over. I suspect they are opium dens and the polish and remover fumes cover the lingering scent of burning opiates.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"
I've got a few. Walgreens and RiteAids, we have one of each of these on every corner. A new Walgreens will go up and within a month a RiteAid will go up right across the street from it.

Another one that my significant other is banned from is Menards.... save more money my a$$..... he spends and spends and spends in that store.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Stop before its too late!"
If you continue to blow the lid off these issues, you may just destroy the US economy. Is it not clear to you that unless we all spend, spend, spend at the 10 nail salons, 15 pizza places, Radio Shacks, etc. the bottom will drop clear out of the economy?

We must ignore this thread and proceed immediatly to the nearest mini-mall for haircuts, tans, pedicures, a slice of pizza and some phone wires

LOL

By the way you are all right of course. It is a vast consipiracy, and Oh no, there here to get me...........

Send Helllllllllllllllp

Never Let Them See You Bleed

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Stop before its too late!"
Don't forget the mattresses ... outside of New Jersey, that is, where they really do need all those mattresses.

11-22-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Stop before its too late!"
LOL! I got this one.

PapaBear 1428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PapaBear Click to send private message to PapaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I've got one"
Now I don't work in a huge city, so why do we need a Cingular Wireless store every couple of feet or so? I swear that there are at least 10 within a two minute drive of me right now. All of the other wireless companies seem to get by just fine with one, maybe two locations. What is the deal? I have been in a couple, and there are never any customers EVER. Something has got to be going on beyond cell phones.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Things that are not as they seem"
The company I work for used to be located on the main drag in my city. The business next-door to us was an auto repair shop that only worked on VW's and German engines. It was owned by an older German man, who had come from Germany. He used to have visitors all the time that were Italian men. Some of these men had been local celebritites because of all the suspicion surrounding them and their business ventures. Mind you, this repair shop had VERY few customers or cars being worked on, but the visitors would come nearly every day and stay half the day. I always suspected there was more going on there than met the eye.

And what is with all the tanning salons? There are even tons of them in the area I work in now-and it's a very ethnic area where most of the residents have no need for a tan. Hmmmm....very interesting!

11-22-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
17. "Snow Cone stands"
There have to be at least 10 Snow Cone stands in my town. If you have ever been in a small Texas town in the summer, you know what I am talking about, they are everywhere!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •