The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let's Talk Digital Cameras"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let's Talk Digital Cameras"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

I have my eye on a Fuji FinePix S602 Digital Camera for Christmas that has great customer reviews on the sites I have seen so far and the lowest price I have seen online is 400 plus 25 for shipping.

I just wondered if anyone who has a digital camera has any opinions of brands or specifications, etc, etc.

Any words of advice?

Edited to add the link to the site that had the cheapest price:

http://www.amphotoworld.com/product_detail.asp?sku=FJFPS602&l=Bizrate

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras fivestarwheezy 11-21-02 1
 RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras Ashmo 11-22-02 2
 RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras anotherkim 11-22-02 3
 Sony!!! L82LIFE 11-22-02 4
 RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras Esbea 11-22-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-02, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras"
I've spent several hours so far researching digital cameras and plan to buy one soon. Pepe and Pene told me about the Canon Powershot they have and love. I have found this camera for as low as $250 but it doesn't have all the features that the one you like has. I have almost bought it about 3 different times today, but for some reason I keep thinking I've gotta keep looking. I do love how small it is--I think I'll take it with me more just because it'll fit in my pocket.

I just can't decide if I should go for a really nice one now, or try one for under $200 to see how it goes. I'm mostly only going to use it for emailing, but occasionally I may want to take nice shots of my kids (it's not hard to take a better pic of them than the cheesy school photo). So I'm struggling. I think Nookie has a Kodak of some sort which is more in the category you are looking for.

Try http://buydig.com for some great prices too and also they get rave reviews on their service and delivery time.

Wheezy is currently having trouble with commitment to cameras

Wheeeeeez

Ashmo 545 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-22-02, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ashmo Click to send private message to Ashmo Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras"
When I sold digital cameras at Circuit City, I always tried to get people to stick with either Sony or Olympus. They are just better as far as the lenses in the cameras and just basically everything about them. I own a digital camcorder personally, but my parents bought a Sony DSCP71 digital camera and they love it. A digital camera is cool no matter which one you buy and the Fuji are a little more user friendly than Sony or Olympus. But I'm glad you are researching your purchase. Usually the reviews help a lot too.

Ashmo

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras"
I have a a Fuji finepix 2600--much less fnacy than that one, but I lOVE it. Excellent pictures and very easy to use.

Miscellaneous Ramblings

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Sony!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-02 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

We have a Sony Mavica camera here at work. The wonderful thing about Sony's is that they take regular floppy disks. The version we have can put about 24 pictures on each floppy-then you just pop it in your 'puter, and you're set! No docking bases, no uploading, no having to buy the extra memory and all that.

My sister just bought a brand new Mavica, and hers takes mini-CD disks. The concept is the same, except this mini-CD can hold over 500 pictures on one disk! It fits right into your CD drive and you can upload the whole thing, or open pictures individually. When you're taking pictures with these, you can also easily delete a pic you don't like-right from the camera. You can even take short videos (about 30-45 sec.) with sound to play on your computer. They're really cool.

They're also pretty pricey. We have a Sony outlet fairly close by (in Tracy, CA), and our camera cost us about $450, but this was almost three years ago. I have no idea how much the new ones with mini-CDs are going for, but check around for a Sony outlet. They sell refurbished merchandise for huge discounts.

Good luck, Silvergirl (my fellow bargain shopper ).

Edited because my fingers won't work right today.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Let's Talk Digital Cameras"
we have a fuji and an olympus and i love them both. i have found the fuji easier, we have a smart media reader that plugs into the camera and into a USB port on the puter and BANG copying them over is a breeze. Plus it holds like 100 pics at a time.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •