The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My pudgy dog needs a diet"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-10, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My pudgy dog needs a diet"
Hey everyone

I've got an 11 yr old Jack Russell, Woody,who has gotten really pudgy this winter. I've switched him over to Iam's weight loss formula. He's been on it for a couple of weeks but I'm not seeing any weight loss yet. I have 2 other dogs and am keeping them separate so Woody doesn't finish off any food they leave behind.Anyone have suggestions to give him a boost? He's in pretty good health for a geezer and he gets one Milk Bone in the morning. Should I be calling Jillian and Bob?

Winterized and In Vogue by Agman 2009

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet byoffer 01-27-10 1
 RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet thndrkttn 01-27-10 2
 RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet Snidget 01-27-10 3
   RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet suzzee 01-27-10 4
       RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet CTgirl 01-27-10 5
       RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet Snidget 01-27-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet"
You could get him to chase my fat cat!

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-10, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet"
First, check with your vet to make sure something isn't causing the weight gain.

Are you feeding him what's recommended on the bag? Most times that's entirely too much. My two labradors are on California Natural. Bear (80 pounds) gets 3 cups a day, and Thea (62 pounds) gets a smidge over two cups. They both get a couple of dried chicken strips as treats and that's it.

When we need to take weight off of either of them, the amount of kibble is reduced by a 1/3 and we replace that with canned green beans. It's a non-grain filler to make them feel full without a lot of calories.

Lastly, exercise? Couple of miles of walking 3 times a week can do wonders!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet"
Other than slowly cut back on his portion size until you find the one that gets the weight to start dropping off.

The low cal diets are fewer calories for the same volume but he may need a bit less of it.

You might add another walk a day or some more play time that involves chasing a ball or something that he likes.

and make sure no one is feeding him extra goodies behind your back because the poor thing must be starving on that diet food.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet"
He will chase a ball until he passes out, but his low clearance keeps him from chasing one until snow melts down a bit. I have made it clear to DH that he gets no treats while I'm out BUT the two of them have the same problem so they commiserate about diet food. Actually Woody could finish off a 2 lb steak and still act like he hadn't eaten in days. It's a totally convincing act.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to lessen his kibble and do the green bean trick then drug DH so he's not snacking with the pooch while I'm not there. grrr

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet"
I don't think I've ever seen a pudgy Jack Russell! They're more hyper than my lab, lol.

I switched my lab to Iams weight control a few years ago. She's 85 lbs so I'm not sure she lost any weight, but she hasn't gained any either.

I've never heard of the green bean trick and will have to remember that. I give her baby carrots as a snack which she LOVES. She may lose the weight when spring comes and she can run around more outside too.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My pudgy dog needs a diet"
Yep, the family up the road got two of our Chihuahua puppies. One was always a healthy weight, the other waddled, I'm almost surprised the legs were long enough to waddle rather than having to roll everywhere.

That fat little dog had the most convincing "I'm starving" act of any dog I had ever met and so managed to always get a lot of snacks not on the approved diet. Ethiopian orphans should take lessons from that dog, it was way more pitiful than they are. No amount of telling the dog it was going to pop if it ate one more bite would stop the I haven't eaten for weeks routine.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •