The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Day after Thanksgiving sales"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Day after Thanksgiving sales"
How many of you go shopping the day after TG? Are you one of the masochists that wake up at 5:00 A.M. to hit the big sales when the stores open?

I am! Every year I look forward to the TG newspaper so that I can go through the ads and plan my attack. The next morning, I get up at 5:00, get ready, and head to the whichever store opens at 6:00 that I've decided to hit. I'm very anal about it. I make my list of what I want in each store. When I get to the store, I head straight for the items on my list-no looking around, no lolly-gagging! I then rush to the register to pay for my items and hopefully get to the next store on the list, which opens at 7:00. I usually get home by 10:00, after 3 or 4 stores.

I must admit, I get a rush out of it. I used to do the toy stores, what a pain! In Kaybees or Toys R Us, I have waited for 2-3 hours in line just to get the free talking bear they give you.LOL I don't do toy stores anymore.

I always go by myself, not only because Mr. L8 thinks I'm nuts and refuses to join in, but because I can get things done much quicker on my own. I actually end up making a few "in-line" friends while in the store. So, am I the only crazy one?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! LionChow 11-21-02 1
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Schnookie Palookie 11-21-02 2
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales moonbaby 11-21-02 3
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Penelope Le Pew 11-21-02 4
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales PapaBear 11-21-02 5
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales jkokoj 11-21-02 6
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Esbea 11-21-02 7
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales fivestarwheezy 11-21-02 8
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Bebo 11-21-02 9
 Never again. Spidey 11-21-02 10
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Lisapooh 11-21-02 11
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Tinkerbell 11-21-02 12
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Ashmo 11-21-02 13
   RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales fivestarwheezy 11-21-02 20
 *runs away screaming* weltek 11-21-02 14
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales magic_star 11-21-02 15
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Silvergirl1 11-21-02 16
   RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales L82LIFE 11-21-02 19
       RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Silvergirl1 11-21-02 21
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales wendyp 11-21-02 17
 RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales Swami 11-21-02 18
 Yep GTmike 11-22-02 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-21-02, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"
No way!!! If it's not at least December 22nd, I'm NOT shopping.

Christmas shopping motto: In and out and done in 3 hours or less!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 01:01 PM (EST)

OMH never again in my lifetime! When we first moved here to the states 5 years ago, we were told about the "after Thanksgiving Day Sales". Here in Atlanta (and probably several other big cities), they have live "parking" reports from helicopters flying around letting people know where there might be available parking at which store. It's shear madness I tell ya! My hubby and I ventured out one year to get the "experience". Took us weeks to recover LOL. I learned my lesson with the Canadian "Boxing Day Sales". Some people are nutso over sales.
I'll just stay home thank you very much

Edited to say, L8 you are quite organized about it all and I might enjoy going with you.

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-02 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

Oooh L8 you are a dedicated shopper! I refuse to go to any stores the day after Turkey Day. Once I got up in the middle of the night to get to the toy store to wait on line for the latest hot toy only to find out the shipment didn't come in-that was enough! Shopping alone is the only way to go when you have the gift list. Any other way it becomes a social outing and nothing gets done-I start trying on crazy things like feather boas, ball gowns and hats with big goo-gaws swinging off them. Good luck!

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
In Canada, we dont get the sale after TG (I think, or I have not paid attention?)... but, it is big time on Boxing Day (after Christmas)! too crowd at the mall but Pepe and I managed to get what we needed on that day without kids and hassles.

I am telling you that you are not crazy! Every women should feel free to go shopping and broke!

PapaBear 1428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-21-02, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PapaBear Click to send private message to PapaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I never have because I have always been working. This year, however, if we can convince our boss that there is nothing to do here the day after TG then this may be my first. I think it would be fun!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-21-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I try to avoid that day, however, my dad and I went out last year and got a lot accomplished. I started in October this year and went last weekend so I am a little ahead of the game.

I dread going to Toys R Us.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!! I HATE crowds like that, and no one is EVER in the Christmas Spirit, just lots of pushing and grabbing and nastiness.....youre welcome to it! My shopping is almost done. I start picking up things here and there about September for people. We arent going hog wild for the kiddos this year because we're taking them to Disney the week before Christmas. All I have left to do is order the pears that my Grandma likes from Harry and David, Jordan Almonds for my MIL, and some kind of tool thingy for my dad...and its all done!! Yippee!

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
My goodness, do they still have stores you have to drive to and wait in line? I prefer internet shopping the last few years. You can drink beer while you shop. Awesome deals and you don't get so dang HOT waiting in line with your winter coat on for 3 hours. *getting hot just thinking about it...is it too early to crack open a cold one?*

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Wheeeeeez

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
Nope! I'm threatening Mr. Bebo that if he doesn't give me gift ideas for his family, he gets to shop for them. I do all my shopping before Thanksgiving, because otherwise my homicidal tendencies may come through while dealing with stupid people in traffic, stupid people in parking lots, and just basically all of the stupid people that go to the mall and become even stupider after Thanksgiving.

The only time I've gone the day after Thanksgiving was when we had out of town relatives with us who wanted to get some shopping done. My dad dropped us all off at the mall, so we didn't have to fight for parking spaces. I had to go somewhere after lunch, so I took everyone's bags, met Dad in the parking lot, and headed back home. Then he went back and picked them up later.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Never again."
Did it once. Never again. Now, every year on Black Friday I stay home and pluck my eyebrows bald instead. Much less painful.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I do all my shopping at JCPenney and encourage all of you, your family and friends to do the same.

It's all inside. Unwrap the magic.

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I love the day after Thanksgiving - although I don't shop on that day I do get to go to the mall. That's right folks - I am working retail again and I work from 2:00 - 10:30 on Black Friday. It is my favorite day to work because we are so super busy and crazy. Only problem is parking - that's why a family member usually drops me off and picks me up. No parking problem at all!

Ashmo 545 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ashmo Click to send private message to Ashmo Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I've never been involved in the Day after Thanksgiving Shopping, but I was working at Circuit City last year on that day. Wanna talk about the some of the funniest sh!t I've ever seen, that would be the day to talk about. People running into the store and getting into their football stances looking around for the "Sale" items is just the most hilarious thing ever.

That was probably one of the most fun days I ever had working even thought it was like a 15 hour day for me. I requested to work the whole day so I could make as much money as I could with my weekend, but it was a blast and plus, the company bought us breakfast, lunch and dinner so it was even better.

Ashmo

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-21-02, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
Ashmo and Tink--I too worked in retail for many years age 17 thru college and beyond--the first several it really was fun--and the day flies by! After about the 8th year in a row, though it got old. I'm glad I'm not doing retail anymore, but I must say it was a good time for a while.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Wheeeeeez

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "*runs away screaming*"
The thought of shopping that day curdles my blood. I've got half done and hope to get the other half done tonight. My husband isn't giving me ideas for his mom, dad, & brother though, so he very well might get stuck doing it himself.

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-21-02, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I love the day after Thanksgiving! I like the crowds and all the mess around the mall. It is one of the funnest days of the year.

The Cubs win the World Series!Cubbies Win!Cubbies Win!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"

A woman after my own heart in search of a good sale!

I am planning my attack on this year's after Thandsgiving Day sales and I can hardly wait for the newspaper to come out so I can see who has the best price on the digital camera, the DVD player and the Game Boy Advance that I want to buy this year.

It was actually fun last year and I saved quite a bit, although at one point I freaked because I thought Walmart would run out of Game Boys before I got one, but they had plenty and also plenty of DVD players, TVs, etc. We saved big bucks and I was a happy shopper, so I am willing to do it again.

I went to Best Buy after the Walmart experience and bought a few more things on my list and a few things that were not on the list but were too inexpensive to pass up.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
WooHoo SilverGirl! I don't feel so alone now. You can get some great deals.

The year before Wards went out of business, they had a great TG sale. I went there first and bought a breadmaker, toaster oven, two cordless drills, a few sweaters, and a leaf blower. The sad part was, they didn't have shopping carts. So, I had the bigger stuff stored behind the register while I finished shopping. then when I checked out, I had two very large bags on each arm, but couldn't hold the leafblower. I set it on the floor and proceeded to kick it all the way to the front of the store! You should have seen the looks I got.LOL Luckily, a nice man offered to carry the blower to my car for me or I'd have been screwed trying to kick it across the gravel parking lot. Luckily, it still worked fine after all that trauma!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"

The funny thing is, before my experience last year, I was just like the other people on this thread. I would avoid those crowds at any cost. But now that I've been there, and done that, I am so ready to go back this year.

It's even kind of fun to stand in line at 5:30AM, even by yourself (My DH doesn't want to do it, either - which is fine with me.)

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
I usually do not go TG sales. People are crazy when it comes to the sale items. I have friends that will be up at that time.

I have neighbors that the ladies get together and hit Walmart at midnight and go shopping during the holiday season. I am sorry, but at Midnight the last thing I want to do is going shopping. But you know one of these years, I will be there with them.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-02, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Day after Thanksgiving sales"
1. I hate crowds of shoppers.
2. I hate standing in lines.
3. I hate when stores run out of (or never even received) advertised items.
These are 3 of the 4,982 reasons I have for NOT shopping on Black Friday. I am mostly done shopping, thank you, (and thank you eBay!)

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Yep"
I love DATG day (day after thanksgiving). I do look through the newspaper on TG to see what sales are going on and who is giving out what free thing. I love this day so much b/c I LOVE it when I can save money while shopping and they have so many sales that day. I am really frugal when it comes to spending. Plus I like the energy and excitement of the day. After about 2p.m. though the mood everywhere changes dramatically and it isn't any fun anymore.

In high school I worked at Chick-fil-A in a popular mall and it was a MAD HOUSE that day. We were swamped. Asmo, I would also work 10-12 hr days that day and it would just fly by b/c you were SO busy!! We also got treats and something different for lunch that day for working so hard!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •