The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
OK, I missed the first few seconds of this, but I caught the rest... there was a bit of new (at least to me) footage. 41 vidcaps follow:

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... Krautboy 02-06-03 1
   RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... tribephyl 02-07-03 2
       RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... Brownroach 02-07-03 3
           RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... Krautboy 02-07-03 4
               RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... Brownroach 02-07-03 5
   RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... Brownroach 02-07-03 6
       RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commerci... VerucaSalt 02-07-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-06-03, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-03 AT 11:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-06-03 AT 11:11 PM (EST)

Thanks Webby!

Doesn't look like we have anything that changes our current speculation...just a lttle more confirmation.

Vidcaps #16-#19 look like the women are solving the puzzle portion of the IC. The TV Guide article mentioned a puzzle component, and now we have the images confirming it.

Vidcaps #30-#33 show what is apparently the part of the challenge that does the men in...this is the "balance beam" element that we have heard the men have so much trouble with. We see those who have already made it over, grimacing as their teammates keep slipping off, unable to complete this portion.

Here's the excerpt from the TV Guide article that mentions the balance beam and puzzle:

"Back in the Amazon, it's Day 3 and the tribes are preparing for their first immunity challenge, which will force the losing team to vote off one of its members. It's an obstacle course, where the players have to run, crawl, climb and balance on a beam - plus solve a couple of Survivor's now-ubiquitous puzzles."

So, we have more support for the widely accepted view that the men lose the first IC...

MB doesn't seem to be using any misdirection for EP1. He probably knows that the general audience would love to watch the men lose to the "underdog" women...

Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-03, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
"Vidcaps #30-#33 show what is apparently the part of the challenge that does the men in...this is the "balance beam" element that we have heard the men have so much trouble with. We see those who have already made it over, grimacing as their teammates keep slipping off, unable to complete this portion."

only in compliment to your excellent analysis and observations

I brought over this pic
which shows Ryan and Daniel as partners as they are walking/running back, the other direction from which the survivors were originally racing. Reconfirming Daniel as falling off the balance beam.
Seems like since they were tied together they both should be to blame for losing the challenge, yet I imagine Ryan may be blaming Daniel for actually falling off. Eventually trying to convince the others as well.

tribephyl

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-03 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-07-03 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

It almost looks like Ryan is saying, "s..t!" from the expression on his face, lol.

They are shimmying across the beam, not walking, as originally described:

>>He has persistent trouble walking across a log while tied to a teammate and could be responsible for his team losing that challenge.<<

Unless Daniel and Ryan try walking across it at one point, to no avail.

It looks like they are all linked together for the first part of the challenge, and then split up into pairs, and eventually, by the zipline, they are all on their own. Caps 24 and 25 of Jeanne rowing -- maybe that is the final leg?

Edited to add: the men don't look like they're getting too sweaty in these caps, so the camp shot of Ryan with Butch, Matt and Rob could very well be a post-challenge argument.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-07-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
Good work Tribephyl and Brownroach, you've made quick work of these vidcaps...bring on some more Webby!

Krautboy

02-07-03, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
>>MB doesn't seem to be using any misdirection for EP1. He probably knows that the general audience would love to watch the men lose to the "underdog" women...<<

I completely agree with this, Kb. I think MB is content to provide a bit of misdirection with the boot -- Daniel is getting a lot of pre-show focus and MB's let it be known that he does badly in the IC. I expect that Daniel will be edited as most in danger, and then he won't get booted.

02-07-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
>>We see those who have already made it over, grimacing as their teammates keep slipping off, unable to complete this portion.<<

Just to add, Kb, that they are absolutely reacting to Ryan and Daniel in these caps. Dave and Rob were partnered in front of them on the beam, and in Cap 31 we see that Dave is already off, in addition to Roger, Matt and Alex. Butch, who is not seen, was third in the chain and probably partnered with Matt.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-07-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Feb 6th Sex Symbol Commercial Vidcaps"
Doesn't really surprise me that MB wouldn't be using his "clever" misdirection and I don't think he is doing that to confuse us. Generally in the first episode he doesn't because there is so much to take in so why hide anything from the caps he shown us. Remember the guidelines all, just because he is showing us something, doesn't mean he is doing it to misdirect us. I agree that if Daniel/Ryan are in a situation where they are close in proximity and Daniel trips, Ryan will no doubt seize the opportunity to tell everyone.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •