The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"DUH! moments"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-16-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"DUH! moments"
Every once in a while, I'll have what I call a DUH! moment.

I participated in one of my husband's DUH! moments on Saturday. We were on the Westside Highway in NYC and driving back home when we hit really bad traffic near the Javits Center. My husband decided he wanted to go over to the east side to avoid the traffic. I hit "Detour" on the GPS and it directed us down 34th Street.

So we went. Did I mention it was on a Saturday evening? In December? Two weeks before Christmas? The traffic was obscene. There were throngs of people standing in the street right outside Macy's. We would have been better off staying on the west side. My husband, trying to see the bright side of the situation, said that maybe we could find a parking spot and get something to eat. Sure. And Santa Claus is real.

Then, on Monday, I had my very own personal DUH! moment (that I can't blame on my husband) when I went shopping for gifts for my clients. I figured I needed 10 gifts so I had a great idea. I would buy 2 cases of wine (1 white and 1 red), 10 baskets, and some nice Lindt or Ghiradelli chocolates and make up some baskets. The extra 2 bottles of white and 2 bottles of red would be for me. Good plan, right?

After I bought the wine and headed to the craft store, I remembered that two of my clients don't drink. Then I remembered that it probably would not be a good idea to give a wine basket to my newest client, who is the director of a faith-based men's alcohol and drug rehabilitation center. And I'm pretty sure he's a graduate of the program, as are most of the other men who work there.

So now I have 5 bottles of wine - which can't be returned because of a NYS law. DUH! What's a girl to do?

Handcrafted by the incredibly wonderful RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: DUH! moments Snidget 12-16-09 1
 RE: DUH! moments kidflash212 12-16-09 2
   RE: DUH! moments grit 12-16-09 10
 RE: DUH! moments kingfish 12-16-09 3
   RE: DUH! moments grit 12-16-09 4
 RE: DUH! moments Max Headroom 12-16-09 5
   RE: DUH! moments grit 12-16-09 7
       RE: DUH! moments Max Headroom 12-16-09 8
           RE: DUH! moments grit 12-16-09 11
               RE: DUH! moments kidflash212 12-17-09 23
 RE: DUH! moments Estee 12-16-09 6
 RE: DUH! moments jbug 12-16-09 9
   RE: DUH! moments grit 12-16-09 14
       RE: DUH! moments Ahtumbreez 12-16-09 19
 RE: DUH! moments Molaholic 12-16-09 12
 RE: DUH! moments frodis 12-16-09 13
   RE: DUH! moments grit 12-16-09 15
       RE: DUH! moments frodis 12-16-09 17
   RE: DUH! moments samboohoo 12-16-09 16
 RE: DUH! moments weltek 12-16-09 18
 RE: DUH! moments CTgirl 12-16-09 20
   RE: DUH! moments qwertypie 12-21-09 31
 RE: DUH! moments cahaya 12-16-09 21
 RE: DUH! moments jbug 12-17-09 22
 RE: DUH! moments Brownroach 12-17-09 24
   RE: DUH! moments grit 12-17-09 25
       RE: DUH! moments Brownroach 12-17-09 26
           RE: DUH! moments grit 12-17-09 27
 *bump* foonermints 12-20-09 28
 RE: DUH! moments Seana 12-20-09 29
 RE: DUH! moments Max Headroom 12-20-09 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: DUH! moments"
Party at Grit's house!!!

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: DUH! moments"
An OT wine tasting party?

Recently seen on my cable guide - Grit TV on the CUNY channel. Can I be a guest?

12-16-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: DUH! moments"
I Googled GritTV - I obviously had NO input into the programming of that show.

My gritTV would probably have:

- Shows that teach you how to make your house look clean to everyone else in the family yet take only minutes to clean, leaving you plenty of time to read and surf the RTVW boards.
"Why won't this closet door close?" "Don't open that closet door!"
"Hey - why is the bed 3" higher than it was this morning?" "Don't look underneath!"

-Shows that allow people to call in and complain about insignificant things. The callers would have to be funny. If they're not or they cross the line and start talking about serious issues or (dog forbid) politics, they'll get cut off and the producers of the show will share the caller's phone number with every telemarketer in the country.

-Cooking shows that only use dark chocolate and red wine as the ingredients.

-Talk shows where stupid girls would come on and force a guy to take a paternity test because he HAS to be the baby daddy (because she ain't slept with no one else) only to find out that the guy's best friend (or maybe it was his brother) is actually the father. At this point in the show, grit would whip out a machine gun and get rid of them all for polluting our country with stupidity.

-Reality TV shows where the contestants actually have to have real survival skills to live in the wild, actual musical/dancing talent, or be tall/skinny/young/pretty enough to be a top model.

-News shows where the tell you the weather at the beginning of the newscast rather than teasing you for the whole hour and there are NO sports scores. Ever.

a birthday present from agman

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: DUH! moments"
"The extra 2 bottles of white and 2 bottles of red would be for me. Good plan, right?"

Even I could tell where this plan was headed.

12-16-09, 03:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: DUH! moments"
I wasn't going to drink them all at once. Duh!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: DUH! moments"
Is it too late to ship Secret Santa gifts? And can I volunteer to be your Secret Santa recipient?

12-16-09, 03:41 PM (EST)
7. "RE: DUH! moments"
I bet you're wishing you hadn't used a fake address on your gift to me last year. DUH!

I bet your friend Shelby wouldn't mind getting a present...

12-16-09, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: DUH! moments"
This time I was planning on giving you my real address.

12-16-09, 04:02 PM (EST)
11. "RE: DUH! moments"
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just want me to send some babysitters.

If I send the older one, can she bring her boyfriend? And then leave him there?

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: DUH! moments"
Are you sure you're not my sister? Same first name, lives in NY and she has been trying to rid herself of my neice's boyfriend for weeks now.

Weird. You haven't worked as an EMT have you?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: DUH! moments"
First, pour all the wine into a mostly-waterproof box...

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: DUH! moments"
So, this is an invite, right?

Agman is definitely on my list (& twin Cyndi too)

12-16-09, 04:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: DUH! moments"
*does the math*

grit + 10 bottles of wine, um, carry the 3, divide by the square root of 42 = NO!

I was just confessing to my stupidity and wondering if anyone else had something dumb to confess.

Nice try, though!

Like I'm really going to share my wine. Next you'll be asking me to share my dark chocolate too!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: DUH! moments"
I confessed my stupid in the Cooking Club thread. I ain't gonna do it here too!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: DUH! moments"
This has happened at least twice in the last month...

In the teacher restroom (stall), somebody put an extra roll of toilet paper perched on top of the wall-mounted roll. A slight *bump* and that extra roll takes a tumble.

**SPLASH**

Could not have had better aim if it was intentional. So much for redundancy.

A Molaholic Christmas from Agman ©MMIX

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-16-09, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: DUH! moments"
I have Duh! moments daily. I really am fairly stupid.

12-16-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
15. "RE: DUH! moments"
No, you're not stupid. Your brains are slightly addled because you have small children. Having children sucks your brain cells out. Don't worry. Have some wine and chocolate. It will make everything better.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-16-09, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: DUH! moments"
The nice thing is that most of my Duh! moments do happen at home with only the children present, and they don't realize (yet) what a moron I am.

I mentioned in Snidget's Random thread that I just noticed yesterday that I've been spelling my coworker's name wrong for 5 years. That's awesome.

Today's Duh! moment involved scooping some mac and cheese into a clear hard plastic-ish bowl that I bought for 33 cents on summer clearance at the grocery store. The bowl made some unusual noises and when I looked, it had cracked into a zillion pieces, internally. The lesson here is that I shouldn't be buying 33-cent dishes.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: DUH! moments"
Me too.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: DUH! moments"
LOL-The wine thing sounds like something I would do.
*gets in line for one of Grit's giftbaskets*

-A Tribetastic Creation

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: DUH! moments"
You could say it was a DUH! moment, or maybe, subconsciously you bought the extra wine on purpose.

I'll take the extra white wine as I know you are a red wine drinker!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-09, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: DUH! moments"
I thought it was brilliant planning, myself.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-09, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: DUH! moments"
A crossthresd Duh moment (see the 10 items thresd).

With a grocery list almost long as a kid's Santa wish list (and a $200 receipt even longer than that), I bought fettucini instead of vermicelli for last night's spaghetti dinner. Oops. This particular brand has the same color/style boxes for all of them.

Actually, it turned out to be surprisingly good.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: DUH! moments"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-09 AT 09:29 AM (EST)

The Miata got a flat about 2 weeks ago; it's been too cold to get out try to fix it - & with another vehicle to drive, why get out in the cold?

Long story short, I stood in the middle of the shop turning round and round and round looking for the scissor jack. Our shop is well organized but I couldn't see it anywhere! It's in its own little gray plastic box - easy to identify - but not there.
So I looked in the other smaller shed; not there. I went back into the shop - again in the middle - and turn round and round. I was getting very frustrated. I had to jack the car up (& the scissor jack is much easier than getting the jack out of the trunk & all).
I finally stepped down out of the shop and turned around & looked back.
You know where this is going right?

The jack was right in the middle of the floor beside DH's small took box. I had been standing right on top of it while turning round and round.

Crusin w/ Tribe

E cause ifentify isn't the word I needed

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: DUH! moments"
You tried to drive across 34th Street on a Saturday in December?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA <pounds on desk>

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <falls on floor>

I'll have a glass of red, please.

12-17-09, 05:40 PM (EST)
25. "RE: DUH! moments"
Finally, someone who truly gets how stupid I am!

another agman creation

What makes you think there's any wine left?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: DUH! moments"
I've had many a duh moment, though I can't think of one right now. (When I do I'm sure I'll also think, "Duh! How could I forget that one?")

Oh, nothing. Just asking, in case. Were you driving home from the Pearl River Mart?

12-17-09, 07:30 PM (EST)
27. "RE: DUH! moments"
Well, when you finally think of it, make sure you post it in this thresd.

As a matter of fact, we were. I picked up several tins of loose tea.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-09, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "*bump*"
I can't leave grit with poop on her head.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-09, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: DUH! moments"
I once took my grandmother to Lake Erie. She and my grandfather had build a cottage up there in the 50's and had sold it in the 80's, but she liked to go up to the area from time to time for a visit.

Nana had had a stroke and was in a wheelchair. We ended up stopping in Port Dover at the Timmy's and I couldn't find a parking spot. Nan said: "Well, how about that one?" and I said "I can't go there, that one's for handicapped." I even had her permit on the dash.

Duh.

12-20-09, 10:41 PM (EST)
30. "RE: DUH! moments"
I just realized that I had one in the Survivor Office Pool game. I picked the same survivor twice in a row. DUH!

A foonerunt creation

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •