The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-21-03, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-03 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

While we have seen glimpses of what seems to be the traditional EP1 Reward/Immunity Challenge, it appears that we have been shown footage from other challenges as well. The question we need to answer between now and February 13, is where the other challenges fit into the timetable of the first two Episodes…

Several articles make reference to the first Immunity Challenge and the descriptions of those challenges made by reporters on site during the first several days seem to confirm the obstacle course challenge as the EP1 IC:

Heidi (under Jenna’s arm) wearing a blue top during the EP1 IC/RC.

Heidi wearing the same blue top during the Immunity Challenge.(II in lower left corner)

Jenna during the first IC yellow top.
Joanna (upper left) competing in a physical challenge, wearing a black top.

Alex wearing a black t-shirt during the EP1 Immunity Challenge.

From The ChillOne Spoiler, confirmed by vidcap evidence, we know that the Women win the EP1 Immunity Challenge:

Idol in the womens camp (next to crate)

We also have vidcaps assumed to be from EP2 challenges, showing the survivors wearing other clothing than in the EP1 IC. As we have discussed Ryan is not present in what appears to be a pre-challenge huddle/cheer.

Alex wearing a gray tank top at the beginning of an unknown challenge. (different from black tee-shirt worn during the EP1 IC) Note Alex’s facial hair.

Jenna wearing her pink/salmon top at the beginning of the same unknown challenge.(different than the yellow top worn during the EP1 IC)

Jenna wearing her pink/salmon top

We also have a picture of Joanna from an unknown challenge. She appears to be standing at some sort of podium, competing in a mental challenge, as Jeff speaks to the other contestants:

Joanna competing in a mental challenge, wearing an aqua top.(different than the black top worn during the EP1 IC)

QUESTIONS:

Is this challenge the second challenge of the EP1 90 minute premier?
Is Ryan standing to Jeff’s right at a podium just like Joanne?
Is that why he is not present in the huddle picture?
Would MB change the traditional format and sepeate the IC from the RC in EP1?
Would he ever put the RC after the IC?
If this challenge is a second challenge from EP1, why didn’t the reporters mention it?
Is this challenge from EP2?
Is this challenge for reward or immunity?
Is this challenge the same as the “Ryan is missing” challenge?

If we can confirm that this footage of the missing Ryan is from EP2, and not from a second challenge during EP1 (with Ryan standing out of the shot at a podium)…then we have confirmed Ryan as our first boot…

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? jkokoj 01-22-03 1
 RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Brownroach 01-22-03 2
   RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Krautboy 01-22-03 3
       RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Thaibeach 01-22-03 4
           RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Krautboy 01-22-03 5
           RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Swami 01-22-03 7
               RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? tribephyl 01-23-03 13
                   RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Brownroach 01-23-03 14
       RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Brownroach 01-22-03 6
           RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? KLicK 01-22-03 9
               RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Brownroach 01-22-03 10
                   RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Krautboy 01-22-03 11
                       RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Brownroach 01-22-03 12
       RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? drich61 01-22-03 8
 RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Thaibeach 01-23-03 15
   RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges? Krautboy 01-23-03 16
 IC on Day 3; no RC in Ep 1? Brownroach 01-23-03 17
   RC Day 2 (before press arrive), IC ... Krautboy 01-23-03 18
       RE: RC Day 2 (before press arrive),... Brownroach 01-24-03 19
           IC: Why Day 3? Krautboy 01-24-03 20
               RE: IC: Why Day 3? Brownroach 01-24-03 22
                   RE: IC: Why Day 3? Krautboy 01-24-03 23
                       RE: IC: Why Day 3? Brownroach 01-24-03 24
           RE: RC Day 2 (before press arrive),... AZ_Leo 01-24-03 21
           Correction! Krautboy 01-25-03 27
       RE: RC Day 2 (before press arrive),... tribephyl 01-24-03 25
   RE: IC on Day 3; no RC in Ep 1? wendyp 01-27-03 31
 We may have found the "Missing Ryan... Krautboy 01-24-03 26
   RE: We may have found the "Missing ... Brownroach 01-27-03 30
 Where in the world in Jiffy Probe? SurvivorBlows 01-25-03 28
 Are we sure here? GeorgiaBelle 01-26-03 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-22-03, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Great analysis!

Are we sure that is Joanna? If so, she is wearing different clothing (as KB stated) and her hair is noticably different as well. At this point I do not think we can rule out episode one for this picture of Joanna. She looks to clean and put together. We have seen other pictures with her and her hair has been mostly up or pulled into the buff.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-22-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Kb --

The ChillOne had apparently, with some assistance, gotten some of his location pics posted on SS, but I never was able to see them. I thought if anyone did, it might help us determine where people are in certain shots.

Anyway -- it looks to me like the "huddle" takes place in a fairly overgrown area (not much sunlight penetrating in the caps), while Jiffy and Joanna are standing in a sunnier, sandy area -- possibly this is the "Challenge Beach".

If these are from the same challenge, the huddle would be occurring some distance off from where Jiffy and Joanna are. But if it is strictly a mental challenge, with Joanna and presumably Ryan filling the same slot for their teams, why would everyone else need to be off in the woods at the beginning?

Unless there is a mental component (Joanna and Ryan) and a physical component (everyone else)? The type of huddle-and-cheer the men are doing is much more suggestive of a physical competition, imo. Maybe everyone has to run around collecting things and bring them back to Joanna and Ryan, who then have to do -- what?

Seems pretty far-fetched to me that these are the same challenge. The Jiffy/Joanna pic may be from a second Ep 1 challenge or an Ep 2 challenge, but as you point out, none of the reporters mentioned a second Ep 1 challenge. By default, the huddle pic pretty much has to be from an Ep 2 challenge, imo.

01-22-03, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-03 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

Brownroach: You comments are on the mark as usual.

>Anyway -- it looks to me
>like the "huddle" takes place
>in a fairly overgrown area
>(not much sunlight penetrating in
>the caps), while Jiffy and
>Joanna are standing in a
>sunnier, sandy area -- possibly
>this is the "Challenge Beach".

The observation has been made that the jungle "comes right down to the river" in most places. The more overgrown area would be adjacent to the beach and maybe just off to the right in the JP/Joanna pic. Notice that Jeff and Joanna are both standing in the shade of the jungle. It's not far away.
>
>If these are from the same
>challenge, the huddle would be
>occurring some distance off from
>where Jiffy and Joanna are.
> But if it
>is strictly a mental challenge,
>with Joanna and presumably Ryan
>filling the same slot for
>their teams, why would everyone
>else need to be off
>in the woods at the
>beginning?
>
>Unless there is a mental component
>(Joanna and Ryan) and a
>physical component (everyone else)?
>The type of huddle-and-cheer the
>men are doing is much
>more suggestive of a physical
>competition, imo. Maybe
>everyone has to run around
>collecting things and bring them
>back to Joanna and Ryan,
>who then have to do
>-- what?

I like this idea. Notice that Jeff appears to be showing the others, who are not in the pic, a small leather pouch.
The other members of the tribe have to run around gathering the pouches, erach of which contains a puzzle piece or clue that Joanna and Ryan(?) need to solve or assemble.

> The Jiffy/Joanna pic may
>be from a second Ep
>1 challenge or an Ep
>2 challenge, but as you
>point out, none of the
>reporters mentioned a second Ep
>1 challenge.

I do recall (I think in the Houstonian article) the reporter refering to the obstacle course challenge as the FIRST immunity challenge. Does this mean their was a SECOND reward challenge that the reporters were not able to stick around for?

I agree with you that Ryan looks like the first boot, but I'm trying to keep an open mind to the possible explanations. I'm also hoping we get a few more vidcaps of the "mystery challenge" to confirm it as EP1 or EP2.

Question: In the past, have we ever been given footage of challenges beyond the first episode before the show started?

Krautboy

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-22-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Is it possible that that is not Joanna in the aqua print top? Could it be Jenna or even Jeanne? (all these "J" names are very confusing.)

The dark skin makes Joanna the obvious choice, but frankly, the woman in aqua looks too pretty to be Joanna. Jenna (being of Italian extraction?) might be fairly dark-skinned as well. Jeanne is the only other possibility with darkish hair of the right length.

01-22-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Thaibeach: Jenna does not have an aqua top that I have seen on any clothing lists. Her tops are white, yellow, and Salmon/Pink.

So,if we can agree that it is someone other than Jenna, it doesn't really matter who it is...none of the women pictured in the IC are wearing an aqua top, so we know this is a different challenge.

In terms of trying to figure out which challenge we are looking at, or if Ryan might be standing across from the woman pictured standing at the podium, on the other side of Jeff, we can only speculate. We're still looking for evidence to determine whether this is the same or different challenge as the "huddle" challenge.

Krautboy

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"

This is Joanna. She has Joanna's coloring, Joanna's muscular build, Joanna's eyebrows & nose.

I don't think they are in the shade of the jungle because the lighting is too light and even. Perhaps this scene was filmed with one of those light diffuser aerial screens in place.

But she does look very clean. Could this be a first Ep RC? With the first episode being 90 minutes long, there is certainly enough time to introduce all the characters as well as have 2 interesting challenges.

Jeff is holding a leather pouch, and Joanna appears to have an open box (smaller than but similar in shape to a briefcase) sitting on the table in front of her. With two different kinds of 'containers' this challenge looks interesting.

Swami

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-03, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
I often find that vidcaps can be extremely difficult to judge by just one still. In addition, if that one still happens to be a crappy one it makes things even worse.

Now, as to what Swami and others have said, this is for sure Joanna. No doubt.

And Swami, you are also right about her looking very clean. Just leads me to believe that they are fairly fresh off the boats. Although I am in no position to do so...I guarantee, this is not a picture from day 5 or 7 (Ep2RC/IC). It has to be first Ep.
So MB bucks tradition and separates the first Ep.'s reward and immunity challenges. With the teams split as they are, down gender lines, the dynamics of an all men tribe losing two challenges is just palpable. Or perhaps the women lose the RC only to show up the men in the IC. Great either way, IMO.

The only difference in the two shots is you can see JP is definitely addressing more than just one or two people. So as far as Joanna and Ryan being the only ones there, nope.

Which only means one of two things. This is first Ep. and Ryan is there. Or it is second Ep. and Ryan is not there. But than why would the men (-Ryan) be in the jungle for their group huddle shot.
So I go back to believing this is a shot from Ep.1 and Ryan is there.

tribephyl

01-23-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Regarding the "clean" look, don't forget we had this information from the TV guide article:

>>If the men's camp echoes basic training, the women's is more New Age spa — albeit one where the guests wear machetes as a fashion accessory. Unlike their sweaty male counterparts, the members of Jabaru have taken time to bathe in the nearby lagoon — notwithstanding the snakes, piranha and crocodilelike caimans that occasionally lurk in these waters.<<

That was observed by the reporter on day 2 of the game, according to the article.

We also see a makeshift clothesline with clothes hanging on it in the women's camp, in the cap of Heidi with the immunity idol near the crate in the background. This is presumably between day 3 and day 6.

So it could be that the women are going to keep themselves and their clothes looking good as long as possible.

01-22-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
6. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-03 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-22-03 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

>>Question: In the past, have we ever been given footage of challenges beyond the first episode before the show started?<,

Krautboy, I wasn't around here for S2, but from what I've read, I'm quite sure there were pre-premiere shots of an Ep 3 challenge that clearly showed Debb and Kel missing, which nailed them as the first two boots (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So it wouldn't be without precedent.

>>The observation has been made that the jungle "comes right down to the river" in most places. The more overgrown area would be adjacent to the beach and maybe just off to the right in the JP/Joanna pic. Notice that Jeff and Joanna are both standing in the shade of the jungle. It's not far away.<<

You're right, it needn't be far away. But if the challenge is something like what you suggested, I just don't think the others would be standing in the jungle while Jiffy was explaining the rules. More likely, IMO, they would all start out standing on the beach, then do their little pep-rally cheer BEFORE running off into the woods.

But I think you are absolutely correct to keep an open mind, and I too am looking forward to more vidcaps.

*edited to fix errors...grrr

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-22-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
>You're right, it needn't be far
>away. But if
>the challenge is something like
>what you suggested, I just
>don't think the others would
>be standing in the jungle
>while Jiffy was explaining the
>rules. More likely,
>IMO, they would all start
>out standing on the beach,
>then do their little pep-rally
>cheer BEFORE running off into
>the woods.

JP could be explaining the whole thing while Joanna and Ryan look at their boards and the others stand together. The others are lead to the starting point in the jungle and then team huddle occurs.

One question to ask is would Ryan (strong and fit) be the one left behind to do the puzzle? That's tough without knowing them, but is there someone else whose bio suggests he's better suited as the puzzle-doer?

01-22-03, 06:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
>>JP could be explaining the whole thing while Joanna and Ryan look at their boards and the others stand together. The others are lead to the starting point in the jungle and then team huddle occurs.<<

Okay, maybe.

>>One question to ask is would Ryan (strong and fit) be the one left behind to do the puzzle?<<

And would Joanna, the most athletically-built of the women, be the one left behind?

Methinks we are over-imagining a scenario that is not the case.

01-22-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Then what's the unimaginative scenario that explains the mystery challenge?

Krautboy

01-22-03, 06:57 PM (EST)
12. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
>>Then what's the unimaginative scenario that explains the mystery challenge?<<

KB, I don't know!

I was just about to post some more observations (nothing earthshaking), and then stupidly erased everything I wrote. I'm too tired to type it over now, so I'll think about this more tonight.

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
>Question: In the past, have we
>ever been given footage of
>challenges beyond the first episode
>before the show started?

In S4 we had the tribes arriving at the gross food challenge, Marraamu was clapping in a single file line, and Peter was missing.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-23-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
Krautboy,
First thanks to you and others for a great detailed analysis of the photos and their implications - as always.

I am a newbie around here, so forgive my ignorance - but where are there clothing lists for each contestant?

You guys amaze me!

01-23-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
16. "RE: EP1/EP2 Challenges?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-03 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

Sorry for not linking to it, here's what I was referring to...

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=15363.topic

http://www.acmebraintrust.com/index.php?page=120

Krautboy

01-23-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
17. "IC on Day 3; no RC in Ep 1?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-03 AT 06:15 PM (EST)

Found the complete transcript of the TV Guide article posted on SS. I'll post the whole thing in Krautboy's TV Guide Article thread.

I don't think there is an RC in Ep 1. First, here's a description of what was happening on Day 2. Note the comments from Matthew and Dave, and then Joanna. It doesn't sound as if any challenge has occurred yet, or as if either team has gotten a reward.

>>Watching the tribes try to survive their second day of living hard in the jungle is indeed like studying a Mars-Venus petri dish. At Tambaqui, the men — stripped to the waist or in sweat-soaked T-shirts — are veritable workhorses. Under the direction of Alex Bell, 32, a tattooed triathlete who has quickly grabbed the leadership reins, the guys compete to chop down saplings and shape them into planks for their sleeping platform. "The chicks can't do this!" crows 33-year-old restaurant concept designer Matthew Von Ertfelda, swinging his machete. When he adds with a smirk, "Maybe Burnett left them a chain saw," he sets off a chain reaction of derision-spotted with a little bit of doubt. "How can they say they're equal or better than men if it's not a level playing field?" Dave Johnson, 24, a for-real rocket scientist, chimes in.

...As a pot of river water boils to soften the day's ration of manioc, a nutritious if not tasty root supplied by the producers, curly-topped marketer Shawna Mitchell, 23, volunteers she'd love to eat worms. That notion sends JoAnna Ward, 31, a school counselor with a propensity for shouting "Hallelujah," off to check the tribe's fishing nets. "We're going to devastate the guys," she says confidently as she leaves.

Perhaps. But so far, Jaburu has not built a shelter. A frustrated Christy Smith nixes an offer of hair braiding. "Do you mind if I work?" asks the 24-year-old children's adventure guide as she determinedly lugs branches. "You can braid my hair tomorrow.".....<<

Later in the article:

>>Back in the Amazon, it's Day 3 and the tribes are preparing for their first immunity challenge, which will force the losing team to vote off one of its members. It's an obstacle course, where the players have to run, crawl, climb and balance on a beam - plus solve a couple of Survivor's now-ubiquitous puzzles.

As the race starts, the crew that's clustered at the finish line quietly roots for "the girls" to kick butt. Nearby, Probst waits ready to hand the victorious tribe a humanoid figure with a monkey's face - this season's immunity idol.<<

I'm pretty convinced the huddle pic has to be from Ep 2.

-- Br

**edited to remove thought that made no sense.

01-23-03, 07:43 PM (EST)
18. "RC Day 2 (before press arrive), IC Day3"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-03 AT 07:50 PM (EST)

Brownroach: Thanks for posting the article.

It does seem strange that the reporter would not mention a reward challenge if they were there to witness one...unless the RC happened in the morning, at about the same time the reporters were being shuttled over from the hotels.

The article states the women went "off to check the tribe's fishing nets". Did they win fishing nets as the reward earlier in the day? The men also make the remark, "Maybe Burnett left them a chainsaw". Are they bitter because they lost the reward challenge and sarcastically suggesting a chainsaw was a bonus reward...left for them at their camp with the fishing nets?

The last curious detail is the date of the IC. In every previous edition of Survivor the IC/RC were combined and held on Day 2, yet in S6 we have the IC taking place on Day 3. In addition, the IC is refered to as the FIRST IMMUNITY Challenge. Is this because the actual FIRST challenge was a RC that happened on day 2, but for which the reporters were not present to see?

Sorry, I am still looking for confirmation that the "Ryan is Missing" challenge takes place in EP2. Until then I will keep an open mind...

Krautboy

01-24-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: RC Day 2 (before press arrive), IC Day3"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-03 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

Hmmm. I hear you, Krautboy. I wasn't aware that first challenge was always on Day 2 in the past.

I kinda get the feeling from the article that the teams hadn't encountered each other yet when the reporter was there on day 2. They are given some supplies to start with, which would include the machetes since both teams have them, and I suspect that is what Matthew is talking about. Could they have been provided with fishing nets too?

Dave's comment seems ambiguous, on rereading it: "How can they say they're equal or better than men if it's not a level playing field?" Is he being incredulous and/or sympathetic, saying the women won't have a chance because the conditions are stacked in favor of the men? That would mean either there had been no challenge yet, or the men had won a challenge already.

Or is Dave grousing, because the women won a challenge he feels was stacked in the women's favor -- therefore they had no right to gloat that they are "better"? Could be interpreted either way.

It just seems like if there had been a challenge already, the reporter should have picked up comments in the winning camp about having beaten the other team. The "vibe" in the camps that's presented in the article doesn't really suggest that either side won anything yet, imo.

Maybe there was an RC on Day 2 AFTER the press left? Would they have left the area and then come back on Day 3?

01-24-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
20. "IC: Why Day 3?"
Brownroach: Thanks for being such a good devils' advocate. I've enjoyed the discussion, and I think we've kept each other on track. Once again you make good counter-points...the only thing for which we don't have a good explanation is why the IC was moved to Day 3? I can only conclude that something else happens on Day 2...a RC is all I can come up with.

Krautboy

01-24-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
22. "RE: IC: Why Day 3?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-03 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

>>the only thing for which we don't have a good explanation is why the IC was moved to Day 3?<<

I wonder if MB just wanted to quarantine the sexes for as long as possible before allowing them to see each other again.

I assume the same-sex tribal assignment is going to be a "Surprise!" revealed to the contestants at the start of the game. Maybe he gives them two days to let the shock sink in and fret about "performance anxiety". Hormones should be raging to do battle by Day 3.

01-24-03, 04:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: IC: Why Day 3?"
"Methinks we are over-imagining a scenario that is not the case." -- Brownroach

Ditto

Krautboy

01-24-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
24. "RE: IC: Why Day 3?"
I KNEW you'd use that against me one day, Krautboy.

Oh well, it's just a thought. MB always brags about how he likes to keep the contestants on pins and needles.

But we'll figure this out. We still have time.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-24-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: RC Day 2 (before press arrive), IC Day3"
I would be careful of reading too much into this article. You can bet that it was carefully checked and edited by MB and CBS before it was allowed to run. TV Guide isn't exactly known for it's investigative reporting and that was probably part of the deal for allowing the reporter to have access. Anything in that article--quotes, content, pictures--should be assumed to be from MB/CBS and have as much credibility as the CBS website, at least in my opinion.

How's that for conspiracy theory?

01-25-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
27. "Correction!"
>Hmmm. I hear you,
>Krautboy. I wasn't aware
>that first challenge was always
>on Day 2 in the
>past.
>
Brownroach : I was mistaken. I went back and rewatched the IC from EP5 and it was indeed DAY3. Last season already broke the mold.

Sorry if I misled anyone...

This doesn't mean there couldn't be a seperate RC on DAY1, but it seems more likely that the IC is the first Challenge given the precedent that was already set last season.

Krautboy

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-03, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: RC Day 2 (before press arrive), IC Day3"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-03 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

It does seem strange that the reporter would not mention a reward challenge if they were there to witness one...unless the RC happened in the morning, at about the same time the reporters were being shuttled over from the hotels.

The article states the women went "off to check the tribe's fishing nets". Did they win fishing nets as the reward earlier in the day?

The women's camp has a barrel, in addition to the "crate"

The "crate" is explainable, it is probably in the boat or on shore when the teams arrive. Containing machetes and pots and flint and manioc. But I can't seem to find a barrel on the mens camp anywhere. Could the barrel be from RC1 which contains those fishing nets.

I noticed this awhile ago, and have spent every day since than trying to find one on the men's team. But to no avail.

editted to add a hearty thank you to Krautboy.

lookie lookie...there's a barrel. At the men's camp.
Nevermind.

Back to the drawing board.
At least in Ryan's case. Maybe.

tribephyl

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-27-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: IC on Day 3; no RC in Ep 1?"
>>Perhaps. But so far, Jaburu has not built a shelter. A frustrated Christy Smith nixes an offer of hair braiding. "Do you mind if I work?" asks the 24-year-old children's adventure guide as she determinedly lugs branches. "You can braid my hair tomorrow.".....<<

Are they trying to misdirect us to think Christy is the first off. Saying she is frustrated and wants to work and not get hair braided?

I know this does not relate to the Where's Ryan pics, but thought is stood out.

01-24-03, 08:49 PM (EST)
26. "We may have found the "Missing Ryan"..."
We may have found the missing Ryan. Look at the clothes worn by the men in the now famous “Where’s Ryan” picture…

Rob’s green shirt, Matthews black tank top, Butch’s khaki, Dave’s blue sleeveless shirt, Roger’s light gray tee-shirt.

Now take a look at the Roger and Dave’s shirts in this picture…(they match the “Ryan is missing” clothes)
Also notice the palm fronds of their camp shelter is the background.

Now look at this NEW picture…notice the palm fronds on the shelter and the clothes…especially Rob’s green shirt, previously only seen in the “Where’s Ryan” picture.

Look who’s standing with the rest of his tribe…Ryan!

While this new picture places them in their camp and not at a challenge, it does appear to be from the same day, because everyone is wearing the same clothes.

Conclusion: if all three of these pictures are indeed from the same day, since Ryan AND Daniel are now present and accounted for, it follows that they are all from EP1…

Krautboy

01-27-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
30. "RE: We may have found the "Missing Ryan"..."
Good work, Krautboy.

From your post a couple up:
>>This doesn't mean there couldn't be a seperate RC on DAY1, but it seems more likely that the IC is the first Challenge given the precedent that was already set last season.<<

In the new vidcap thread with the shirtless Ryan shot, we also see Jenna wearing her salmon tee on arrival -- the same one we see the edge of in the huddle shot. Some of the men are dressed differently in the arrival and huddle shots though, suggesting the huddle does not occur immediately after arrival.

So the huddle shot *may* be from a challenge that takes place later on Day 1, since we know some of the women are near the men in that cap. Joanna is wearing a black top on arrival; her aqua-top shot with Jiffy could also be from that challenge, if she decided to get changed in between.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Where in the world in Jiffy Probe?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-03 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

Dunno if it means anything, but we now have evidence of Jiffy being on the background of three different challenge images:

1) the vidcap that shows the team teams running with Jiffy off on the right

2) Heidi's zipline photo from TVGuide

3) Look below the bridge in the below image:

I'd say that puts the bridge maybe 15 feet above the ground (and that's probably the same distance that we see some of the women FALLING from the other side of the split-screen promo -- I presume after crossing the bridge they need to jump/get down)

Here's a clearer shot:

Not that Jiffy ever seems to have very many clothes during these shows, but I think that's the same outfit again.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-26-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Are we sure here?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-03 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

Look at Jeff's Shirt. In both of these pix's they appear to be the same.

If they are the same shirt, then I say these clips are from the same day. Just a thought.

Jeff bottom left corner.

Edited to say that I should have read SB post more closely. Still the same, I agree with him. What is going on with Jeff's clothes

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •