The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Monday game thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-09, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Monday game thread"
It seems to me we used to have threads with some good games around here. In my recollection, the puzzling ones were always well received.

Here is one that seems fun and challenging.
Telescope puzzle

Use the telescopes to push and pull the ball around the screen and into the hole.

Did I get you into the math website jbug???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Wah moonbaby 11-16-09 1
   RE: Wah Max Headroom 11-16-09 2
       Let's play something else moonbaby 11-16-09 8
           RE: Let's play something else Snidget 11-16-09 19
 Help jbug 11-16-09 3
   RE: Help jbug 11-16-09 4
       RE: Help jbug 11-16-09 5
           RE: Help byoffer 11-16-09 9
               RE: Help jbug 11-16-09 10
                   RE: Help cahaya 11-16-09 11
                       Puzzle #25 solution - hidden text byoffer 11-16-09 12
                           RE: Puzzle #25 solution - hidden te... cahaya 11-16-09 17
 RE: Monday game thread dajaki 11-16-09 6
 RE: Monday game thread cahaya 11-16-09 7
   RE: Monday game thread byoffer 11-16-09 13
       RE: Monday game thread PepeLePew13 11-16-09 15
           RE: Monday game thread PepeLePew13 11-16-09 16
               RE: Monday game thread cahaya 11-16-09 18
   RE: Monday game thread PepeLePew13 11-16-09 14
 RE: Monday game thread Seana 11-16-09 20
   RE: Monday game thread PepeLePew13 11-16-09 21
       RE: Monday game thread Seana 11-16-09 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Wah"
Blocked.

*pouts*

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wah"
Me too.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Let's play something else"
It's called "Suffocate whoever just heated up fish in the microwave."

Way more fun that what everyone else is doing!

PU!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Let's play something else"
Oh you mean I shouldn't play suffocate everyone within nose-shot by nuking fish in the microwave?

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Help"
I'm stuck at level 7....

11-16-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Help"
I got it
movin on

11-16-09, 02:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Help"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

*WHACK* for By

now stuck on 10

I'll be here all day!

E: got that one
looks like all I have to do is leave it for a few seconds and when I got back it comes to me

11-16-09, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Help"
jbug

You want to really whack me? Read the hidden text under my first post.

11-16-09, 05:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Help"
*WHACK* **WHACK**

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Help"
Ouch! (heck, I felt that one and I wasn't even the recipient)

Ok, byo dude, you presented us with this telescopically mind-bending exercise, so give us an answer to #25!

11-16-09, 07:55 PM (EST)
12. "Puzzle #25 solution - hidden text"
I'm still a little dizzy from the whacks but was able to get through all the levels. 25 was certainly tough.

Solution in invisible ink below for those who want it:

- The first step is to drop the Red telescope (R1) and the Purple one to its right (P1) one space down. Do this by raising the telescopes below them to the top, then lowering R1 and P1, and then moving the first two moved back to their original places.
- The next step is to move the lower left Green (G1) one space. Do this by moving the green above it (G2) to the right, then G1 up, then G2 back to its starting position.
- now you can push the ball down, right, and up.
- by moving the green above the hole, you will be able to reach over to the ball with the right-most yellow, pulling the ball back to the right.
- extend R1 down.
- now we need to move the bottom right Purple (P2)up one. Extend P1 down, then P2 up (it will only go one square.
- P1 up, then yellow pushes the ball back to the left. Now P1 pushes the ball down.
- move the green above the hole up, then the green at the far right will reach the ball and draw it back, and finally the green above the hole will push the ball down into the hole.

I hope this makes sense, and I didn't mix up my Ps and Rs. (I am so much better with Ps and Qs )

11-16-09, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Puzzle #25 solution - hidden text"
Well played!

Smurfed by Icey.

Yup, it was jbugged.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-16-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Monday game thread"
That was fun! Thanks.

11-16-09, 03:16 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Monday game thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

Well, I made it through the first 15 levels.

After doing several, I figured the best method was to work backwards as usually only one of the telescopes was in a position to push the ball in. After determining which was the final telescope, I determined which square(s) the ball could be in, and then which telescope(s) could put the ball in that square, and so on. At the very least, I had a good idea where the ball needed to be to complete the play. Number 13 took me the longest of the lot.

If I have time I'll try to crack 16-25 and block levels.

(eta) Ok, made it through 24 but I think #25 is bugged - or, shall we say, jbugged.

If anyone can solve #25, I'd like to know how. I think I'm on the verge of proving that it can't be solved. The game allows you to go directly to a number, so anyone who wants to give a shot can do so without the grind of the first 24.

Slicey's cahaya '75

11-16-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Monday game thread"
See my solution for #25 in hidden text above.

The block puzzles are fun too. I am up to #8 there. #7 is a gas!

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Monday game thread"
Yep, #7 was fun!

11-16-09, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Monday game thread"
Done with the block levels.

So.... now what?

11-16-09, 09:28 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Monday game thread"
So, a new game, there's lots of them!

Thanks, byo, for introducing us to this game. I like the unique concept and tactics of this game, as I haven't played anything quite like it before. Good one.

11-16-09, 08:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Monday game thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

I got #25 done... basically, there's a lot of "blocking off" to do.

Lemme try it again and see if I can explain it step-by-step. There's a lot of blocking off using the red, two yellows and two blues to put them into position so the final two greens (closest to the hole) can draw them back and push it in.

ETA: Eh, I see Mister Yoffer has explained it, except I call it "blue" where he calls it "purple". I've been on this thing from 1 to 25 for nearly a hour in all!

ETA once again: I discovered I'm just repeating what was already said by cahaya that the best way to solve the tough ones is to go backwards - look at which the only possible telescopes can get it into the hole then go back to how they could be moved around before I actually start pushing the ball around.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Monday game thread"
We're stuck on #18. We tried working backwards, but we can't figure it out. Any help?

11-16-09, 10:12 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Monday game thread"
Here ya go... (hidden text)

Bottom yellow up
Top yellow down
Bottom yellow down
Push ball right with green
Push ball up with yellow
Blue out to ball
Blue back with ball
Push ball up with red

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-09, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Monday game thread"
Thanks so much Pepe! We feel silly for not having thought of it.

DD and I are working on these together. I'm amazed that she's so much better at it than I am.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •