The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 - "Battle Of The Sexes" Commercial #1 Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-03, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 - "Battle Of The Sexes" Commercial #1 Vidcaps"
The below promo aired just after the two minute warning of this evening's CBS AFC championship broadcast.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Bigger SurvivorBlows 01-19-03 1
 RE: Survivor 6 - "Battle Of The Sex... Swami 01-20-03 3
   Blue Ribbons skyisbluu 01-20-03 8
 Order of the teams SurvivorBlows 01-20-03 4
   RE: Order of the teams Swami 01-20-03 5
       RE: Order of the teams jkokoj 01-20-03 6
           RE: Order of the teams SurvivorBlows 01-20-03 7
               RE: Order of the teams Brownroach 01-21-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-19-03, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Bigger"
Bigger copies of the same images are available in the RTVW news site gallery:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/modules.php?op=modload&name=Magnish&file=index&gallery_ID=11&cont=display_image

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-03, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 6 - "Battle Of The Sexes" Commercial #1 Vidcaps"
More from the first IC, I think. Women roped togther with yellow belts, men with blue belts. That looks like a wicked net course they all have to get over.

Behind them, there are a bunch of tripod things. Men's have blue ribbons tied to them, women's have yellow ribbons. I can't figure out just now how they might use them. Maybe I'll have a brainstorm later.

Looks like a killer endurance & obstacle course, maybe similar to the one from S2 where Mad Dog & Roger kept falling?

Swami

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-20-03, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Blue Ribbons"
Seems to me that the idea behind the ribbons is simply to guide the teams through their separate sections of the obstacle course. The blue ribbons are very visible in the shot of the 2 teams close together (which i think might be the begining of the IC race) and the yellow ones for the women a little less noticeable. Perhaps this could mean that the teams make a cross-over ala giant bolder rolling in S3, and the flags are in place to guide them the right way around the course? I can just picture the two teams converging on the cross-over spot, a giant human crash, men and women all tangle together in one big, messy, sweaty heap(kinda makes you think dirty thoughts, doesn't it?).

01-20-03, 01:30 AM (EST)
4. "Order of the teams"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-03 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

Here are a few additional images that help set the order of the teams:

This one's a cropping that's a bit closer to the actual size:

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Order of the teams"
Quite an obstacle course! I think they probably have to race under the stick arch behind them here. They would have to crouch very low at least, maybe go on all fours at times, then go across the net course.

This shot shows the net course has dramatic elevation changes.

At some point, they race neck-and-neck through the jungle, probably early in the competition since the men were supposed to be (according to spoilers) well ahead before the "balance beam" disaster. They are so even here it could well be the start of the challenge.

Not shown--the balance beam thingie where someone (Daniel perhaps) was supposed to have trouble & cause the men to fall behind and ultimately lose.

From what I can see, the order of the women is
Shawna
Deena
Christy
Jenna
Jeanne
Heidi
Janet
Joanna

The men are harder to pick out,
Roger
Alex
Butch
Matthew
Dave
_____
_____
Daniel

Both teams put their 'muscle' at the end.

Swami

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-20-03, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Order of the teams"
Since Daniel is at the end, it could be that he fails off the balance beam and literally pulls everyone down with him.

01-20-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Order of the teams"
I don't think they do the beam while tied together -- we still have that zipline picture of Heidi from TVGuide which also claims to be from the first episode challenge, so either they un-tie themselves at some point, or maybe they use some of those extra 90 minutes to do two challenges (instead of the usual one) during the first episode.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Order of the teams"
SB -- Daniel reportedly IS tethered to someone when he starts having trouble on the beam or log or whatever...

>>The Television Critics Association was shown a clip from the first show, to premiere with a 90-minute episode on Feb. 13, and Lue figures prominently in the first immunity challenge. He has persistent trouble walking across a log while tied to a teammate and could be responsible for his team losing that challenge.<<

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •