The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Age, Occupation, Hometown"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-11-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Age, Occupation, Hometown"
Here's another cast list link that includes a mini bio on each of the contestants...I'll copy the bio info to each of the individual threads, but thought it might be nice to have it all in one place too...

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2003/01/10/earlyshow/photoessay536119_1_1_photo.shtml

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Age, Occupation, Hometown StrandedAgain 01-12-03 1
 Here's the Info IceCat 01-12-03 2
   RE: Here's the Info J Slice 01-12-03 4
       Check your inbox J Slice IceCat 01-12-03 6
 FIVE Californians! GreyhoundGirl 01-12-03 3
   RE: FIVE Californians! ulalame 01-12-03 5
       RE: FIVE Californians! Outfrontgirl 01-12-03 7
           RE: FIVE Californians! ulalame 01-13-03 9
 CBS Press Release SurvivorBlows 01-13-03 8
   RE: CBS Press Release Outfrontgirl 01-13-03 10
       Survivor vs Friends AND Will/Grace JohnMc 01-14-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StrandedAgain 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-12-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StrandedAgain Click to send private message to StrandedAgain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Age, Occupation, Hometown"
For some reason they pulled the bios off this link Saturday

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-03, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Here's the Info"
Alex Bell, 32
Triathlon Coach
Los Angeles, CA

Daniel Lue, 27
Tax Accountant
Houston, Texas

Dave Johnson, 24
Rocket Scientist
Pasadena, CA

Deena Bennett, 35
Deputy District Attorney
Riverside, CA

Joanna Ward, 31
School Guidance Counselor
Orangeburg, South Carolina

Matthew von Ertfelda, 33
Restaurant Designer

Ryan Aiken, 23
Model
Ellicott City, Maryland

Jeanne Herbert, 41
Marketing Director
North Attleboro, Massachusetts

Roger Sexton, 56
Construction Company Executive
Valencia, California

Shawna Mitchell, 23
Retail Saleswoman
Redwood City, California

Rob Cesternino, 24
Computer Projects Coordinator
Wantagh, New York

Janet Koth, 47
Homemaker
Manchester, Missouri

Jenna Morasca, 21
Swimsuit Model
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Heidi Strobel, 24
School Gym Teacher
Eldon, Missouri

Christy Smith, 24
Children's Adventure Guide
Basalt, Colorado

Butch Lockley, 50
School Principal
Olney, Illinois

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Here's the Info"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-03 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

I'm just glad that this season will provide far fewer thick drawly accents for us to sift through (hello, Mr. Marblemouth, Clay Jordan...) As for the California people, they seem to be fairly evenly dispersed, since Redwood City and Pasadena are more towards the north, whereas Valencia and (obviously) LA are more towards the south... phew! I certainly couldn't deal with a bunch of LA-LA-Land bartenders...

At last, aside from the Californians, these people seem to be well scattered... and since Rob is from Wantaugh, Long Island, I have another New Yorker to root for... huzzah!

Edited to say that I am a New Yorker dolt who doesn't know where Pasadena is... sorry guys!... and also to thank IceCat once more for my fab sig pic...!

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Check your inbox J Slice"
I sent you another sig pic that doesn't have that glitch at the end.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

GreyhoundGirl 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-12-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GreyhoundGirl Click to send private message to GreyhoundGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "FIVE Californians!"
Three men, two women from California. Has this ever happened before? Could someone who knows the state add regional info on these survivors? It would be interesting to know if they are widely dispersed.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-12-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FIVE Californians!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-03 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

It happened with Texans in S5. As a West-coaster, I for one am happy to see a cast that isn't as heavily weighted with Southerners.

Edited to add, they are mostly from LA or nearby environs:

Southern California/Los Angeles Area:

Alex Bell, 32
Los Angeles, CA

Dave Johnson, 24
Rocket Scientist
Pasadena, CA
(Pasadena is 10 Miles NE of downtown LA. He probably works at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory)

Deena Bennett, 35
Deputy District Attorney
Riverside, CA
(This is Southern Cal., but pretty far inland -- about 70-90 miles east of LA)

Roger Sexton, 56
Construction Company Executive
Valencia, California
(About 30 miles N. of LA, along the "grapevine" -- this is a "bedroom" community of LA)

Northern Cal:

Shawna Mitchell, 23
Retail Saleswoman
Redwood City, California

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FIVE Californians!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-03 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

*waves at ulalame* Thanks for your updated info on Southern California. I grew up there but haven't spent time there for awhile...

Yeah, this is kind of exciting for Californians!

To add what I remember to ulalame's info, and I hope to be corrected whereever I'm wrong, because things change:

Pasadena (Dave)is a nice old town (home of the Rose Parade and CalTech) in the northeast sector of Metropolitan Los Angeles. Unfortunately, due to it's being up against the San Gabriel Mountains, it's VERY smoggy. But you can drive up the mountain to Big Bear Lake/ski area. And yes, he works at JPL.

Los Angeles (Alex): not that people who say they're from "LA" actually live in incorporated Los Angeles, which sits at the confluence of all the freeways. On the bright side, it's home to USC (Trojans). On the dark side, it's about 5 miles north of Watts and Compton, i.e. the infamous South Central. In the thick of things. Maybe he hangs out somewhere nicer... like the beach towns to the west.

Riverside (Deena), near San Bernadino, has a University of California campus and is on the road to Palm Springs from L.A.. It's very smoggy, on major freeway. When I used to drive back to LA from Arizona, Riverside was the point where I felt I was BACK in the city, even though it's so far to the east.

Valencia (Roger) is near Saugus/Newhall, where our veteran and MIA poster SkyRaider lives. My in-laws used to live in Saugus and at the time there were mostly trailer parks there, but now I'm sure there's more housing. And Roger's in the construction business out there on the bedroom community fringe.

Magic Mountain theme park is or was the area's big deal. There's a back road out of Valencia, Bouquet Canyon Road, that I used to take to get to I5 when I lived in Quartz Hill, Brian's town. So Valencia is about 50 miles southwest of where Brian lives by country road. Although the town is on ugly I5, the road I mentioned takes you into the national forest where there's a big reservoir and lots of nature... at least there used to be.

Redwood City, Shawna is on the San Francisco Peninsula about 5 miles north of Stanford University. It's inbetween where the San Mateo and Dumbarton Bridges come in from the East Bay. I used to drive through it to go to concerts at Shoreline Ampitheatre and never really knew where Redwood City began or ended.

To me, all those towns on the Peninsula always seemed dismal and lacking personality, but when Silicon Valley got so huge the whole area zoomed up in price because of the proximity. Redwood City is still middle class, I think, but it's just north of millionaire land, Los Altos Hills and Palo Alto. A poster at SUcks/or EZ says she went to a a prep high school in Menlo Park and went to William and Mary College. She's likely from a fairly affluent background.

Common elements???
All these Californians are from areas with high air pollution, so it should be interesting to see how they respond to all that oxygen in the Amazon. And they're all from highly urban areas, except for Valencia, which I guess is the 'burbs now even though it used to be the middle of nowhere. No one from rural Northern California, too bad!

I suppose when we see their bios we'll learn that they travel, camp, and are incredible athletes, but they're still city dwellers (except maybe Roger) going off to the Amazon jungle. I guess LA living is good preparation for dealing with piranhas (sorry ulalame!)

"Love is eternal as long as it lasts"--David Bromberg

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-13-03, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: FIVE Californians!"
Born and raised L.A. girl here too. Great synopsis of the CA towns, OFG! The only correction I'd have is that in Pasadena, at least, the smog's not as bad as it used to be. But I'm keeping it quiet, because otherwise it's an awesome town. If the crowded Angelinos over on the west side ever realized that it was no longer a smog-filled morass in Pasadena and the surrounding San Gabriel Valley, it'd be overrun in a minute

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "CBS Press Release"
Below's the official press release... the 90 minute premiere was news to me, had this already been announced?

CBS UNVEILS THE IDENTITIES OF THE NEW CASTAWAYS AND ANNOUNCES THAT THE MEN WILL COMPETE AGAINST THE WOMEN
IN “SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON”

Sixth Installment of Hit Television Series
To Premiere Thursday, Feb. 13, With A Special 90-Minute Premiere

The identities of the 16 castaways participating in SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON were unveiled today in anticipation of the series' special 90-minute premiere on Thursday, Feb. 13 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) to be followed by a special 90-minute episode of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (9:30-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CBS News’ THE EARLY SHOW officially announced the new group on this morning’s broadcast. It was also revealed that one tribe will consist of all men and one tribe will be all women in the ultimate battle of the sexes!

TAMBAQUI TRIBE:

Name: RYAN AIKEN
Hometown: Ellicott City, Md.

Name: ALEX BELL
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif. (born in San Francisco, Calif.)

Name: ROB CESTERNINO
Hometown: Wantagh, N.Y.

Name: DAVE JOHNSON
Hometown: Pasadena, Calif. (born in Ellicott City, Md.)

(More)

CBS Television...2

Name: BUTCH LOCKLEY
Hometown: Olney, Ill. (born in St. Louis, Mo.)

Name: DANIEL LUE
Hometown: Houston, Texas

Name: ROGER SEXTON
Occupation: Vice President of Estimating for a construction company
Hometown: Valencia, Calif. (born in Oakland, Calif.)

Name: MATTHEW VON ERTFELDA
Hometown: Washington, D.C.

JABURU TRIBE:

Name: DEENA BENNETT
Hometown: Riverside, Calif.

Name: JEANNE HEBERT
Occupation: Director or Marketing for the New England Dairy Promotions Board
Hometown: North Attleboro, Mass.

Name: JANET KOTH
Hometown: Manchester, Mo. (born in Granite City, Ill.)

Name: SHAWNA MITCHELL
Hometown: Redwood City, Calif.

(More)

CBS Television...3

Name: JENNA MORASCA
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Penn.

Name: CHRISTY SMITH
Hometown: Basalt, Colo.

Name: HEIDI STROBEL
Hometown: Eldon, Mo.

Name: JoAnna WARD
Hometown: Orangesburg, S.C. (born in Niagara Falls, N.Y.)

SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, hosted by Jeff Probst, will strand 16 Americans near the Rio Negro, a remote river located in the heart of the Amazon jungle, during the beginning of the region’s wet season. Faced with the constant threat of flooding and exhaustive heat, not to mention the flesh-eating piranhas, lurking jaguars, caiman alligators and anacondas (these snakes can reach up to 40 feet long), executive producer Mark Burnett will introduce new rules and new twists for the sixth installment of television’s most popular reality series. As the castaways confront the harsh weather and the uncertainty of what’s coming next, the men will be pitted against the women in an attempt to outwit, outplay and outlast all others to become the ultimate survivor.

In its fifth edition, SURVIVOR: THAILAND ranks 4th among all prime time programs for the 2002/03 season, averaging 21.2 million viewers, 8.5/22 in adults 18-49 (#5), 9.6/9.6/22 in adults 25-54 (#4) and 12.1/19 in households (#6).

SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett is executive producer.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON and the new 16 castaways, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Press Release"
Thanks SB!
I didn't know about the 90 minute premiere. I think it's a good idea; maybe will give him time for face time to the earliest boots as well as all the drama of settling in. The first three days are the most challenging for adaptation to the environment, and I like the idea of seeing more of them.

So am I the only one who thinks it's a bizarre coincidence that Ryan and Dave have the same home town in Maryland, yet it's rather obvious that this casting was centered in LA?

I'm tempted to suspect that they know each other and one somehow brought the other to apply, or something. It just seems unlikely. If they had both been raise in L.A. and one now lived in Ellicott City MD, I wouldn't blink, or if they had interviewed in Ellicott and then Dave moved to LA...

but it looks to me like LA was the interview hub.
What do the rest of you think?

OT: thanks to ulalame for the update on Pasadena!

"Love is eternal as long as it lasts"--David Bromberg

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-14-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Survivor vs Friends AND Will/Grace"
I like the idea of a 90-min premiere. I think this is a good looking cast. Possibly the best yet, but that has yet to be proven. However, in my time zone I am able to watch Survivor from 7-8 MST and then watch Will and Grace from 8-8:30. On the premiere night, I have to record it, but I won't be able to record Will and Grace now.

Sorry, no spoiling here... just whining.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •