The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What the heck happened???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorfan1970 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-17-02, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorfan1970 Click to send private message to survivorfan1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What the heck happened???"
*FAST* forward??? Didn't look like it!!

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Dennis and Andrew and why, with a fast forward, did they come in LAST?!?!?

They started out in a limo and ended up in a taxi?

And it seemed like they knew already that they were in last place, but not when they were in the taxi (remember Andrew's "cheer"??).

What the heck happened?!?!?!

Robin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What the heck happened??? cmaybur 10-17-02 1
 That trip would have been HOURS and... anotherkim 10-17-02 2
 RE: What the heck happened??? Strider 10-17-02 3
 My theories realitybites 10-18-02 4
   Mary/Peach in Hong Kong cmaybur 10-18-02 6
       RE: Mary/Peach in Hong Kong Neobie 10-18-02 7
   RE: My theories Esbea 10-18-02 8
       RE: My theories ELCinOhio 10-18-02 9
 RE: What the heck happened??? survivorfan1970 10-18-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-17-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What the heck happened???"
I think Teri and Ian were stepping onto the mat in Scotland around the same time that Dennis and Andrew were doing the fast forward, so they were already done even if they didn't know it.

As for a cab, I don't remember them being in a cab. I thought the limo drove them directly to the castle.

Chris

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "That trip would have been HOURS and HOURS"
and they were already too late when they hit the ground in London. The other teams were in Scotland by the time the duo began making their way to Cambridge.

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-02, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What the heck happened???"
This is answered in Bashers. To summarize, Dennis and Andrew arrived in London over 15 hours behind Teri and Ian. Be wary of clever editing.

Strider

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-18-02, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "My theories"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-02 AT 03:37 AM (EST)

1) By the time Dennis & Andrew had reached London, the last teams were on their way to Scotland.
2) The last teams hadn't hit the mat yet, and the FF was still available, so they took it, because you never know.
3) If Teri & Ian had already finished, D&A probably would've gotten the same "hurry up" card the Grannies, Shola & Doyin, and Mary & Peach got.
4) The limo was part of the FF package and available to anyone who won it. If the producers had been serious of making a race of it, they would have let Dennis & Andrew fly to Aberdeen. I suspect that somewhere in the TAR rule book it says that you can't fly unless the clue tells you that you can.
5) The limo would've been faster than the bus, but not by much.
6) Teri & Ian had problems, but not big enough to erase a 10-12 hour lead. Perhaps D&A got the bad news on the way and went sightseeing, or something.

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Mary/Peach in Hong Kong"
Didn't Mary and Peach actually finish their leg in Hong Kong? I remember that they did go to the dockyards and got their clue off the side of the shipping container; I assumed that Mary completed the task with the crane. Did they not do this?

Chris

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-18-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mary/Peach in Hong Kong"
They just ran in and got the clue which told them to get to Duk Ling Junk, didn't do the crane, as it was all dark and they just eliminated themselves at the Corner Café. I'm rather sure, watched that episode 6 times... (OK OK, I live in HK...)

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My theories"
"4) The limo was part of the FF package and available to anyone who won it. If the producers had been serious of making a race of it, they would have let Dennis & Andrew fly to Aberdeen. I suspect that somewhere in the TAR rule book it says that you can't fly unless the clue tells you that you can."

If the limo was part of the package, Dandy shouldnt have been allowed to fly. They were so far behind that in all likeihood it wouldnt have made a difference. Even if they did, but I think giving them a boost just because they were so far behind would have been unfair. "If they were serious about the race"...they would have rigged it to keep the team in? That just sounds like sour grapes. I didnt hear anyone griping when the Grannies took a header due to bad flights. Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My theories"
The Limo would have been a GREAT advantage for a team in the midst of competion.

For example- AA could have taken it instead of punting/Bike Riding. I guess they finished that between 4 and 5 pm, then had to still wait 2 1/2 hours for the first bus to depart.

If they had taken the Limo, at lets say 4:30, they would have had a 3 hour head start on the rest of the teams on the bus. That would get them to the castle 3 hours earlier, might have been a difference between a flight at night, and one the next morning.

Just imagine if they had let AA fly, we would be talking 8-10 hour advantage. The tasks are all set up before any team attempts them, and only changed in the case where it's too late and they are eliminated.

survivorfan1970 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-02, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorfan1970 Click to send private message to survivorfan1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What the heck happened???"
Thanks All!!

I was pretty frustrated when I saw this, but didn't analyze as well as you all do to see that they really had no hope anyways!

Regards,
Robin

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •