The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2 hours"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-07, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2 hours"
that must of been the longest two hour show,I was tired just watching ,manly because the whole show was in the dark or inside a building.I thought that the teams would never catch up.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 2 hours mia rules18 04-02-07 1
   RE: 2 hours jbug 04-02-07 2
       RE: 2 hours aquariaqueen 04-02-07 3
           RE: 2 hours dabo 04-02-07 4
               RE: 2 hours Earl Colby Pottinger 04-08-07 10
                   RE: 2 hours Ripley 04-08-07 11
                       RE: 2 hours ARnutz 04-08-07 12
       RE: 2 hours Cyndimaus 04-02-07 5
           RE: 2 hours Ripley 04-02-07 6
               RE: 2 hours Cyndimaus 04-02-07 7
                   RE: 2 hours Earl Colby Pottinger 04-08-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-07, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 2 hours"
I was really surprised that they had the intersection, and a fast forward combined with a team that had a 30 minute penalty...was it too much? I felt like the Guidos didn't even have a chance. Although I am sure that if the other set of teams took longer to eat the sausages or if a team chose the bagel task and one task was quicker than the other there could have been more wiggle room with the 30 minute penalty.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-02-07, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 2 hours"
I was surprised too about the FF. Why put one in where the leading teams already have a 4 hour lead (time between buses)?
The leading team will almost always take the FF. So now instead of about 4 hours ahead, they are the 4 hours PLUS the time it took for the Detour and RB.
Course the tail ends teams can still catch up in the next leg with a little more bunching.

Also, I was surprised that the FF was used WITH the intersection & that 2 teams were allowed to do the FF.
Wonder why they didn't release them from the intersection - working together - as soon as they received their clue when they finished it?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-02-07, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 2 hours"
But if the FF and Intersections are pre-arranged, how would they be able to calculate that there would be teams almost a day behind.

Last season, weren't KY up for elimination, they did the fire task FF and came in first.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 2 hours"
Yeah, but last time the intersection fastforward was eating cowlips and the two teams who did it got beat to the pitstop.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-07, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 2 hours"
All of the above is just more proof that TAR is not rigged or plays favorites with some teams.

TAR has everything scouted out and pre-arranged, and the results the players get are from their own actions.

04-08-07, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 2 hours"
If that were true Rob & Amber would still be playing.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-07, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 2 hours"
It was by Rob's own action that he made a spelling mistake with Philippines and insisted they stay to complete the Magellan detour task instead of switching right away.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-02-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 2 hours"
The teams that did the detour were released from working together as soon as they received their clue. I would assume it was the same with the FF teams even though we didn't hear it read to us. I would guess they proceeded together out of choice. And I enjoyed seeing them happily working together and walking to the mat side-by-side.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

04-02-07, 12:13 PM (EST)
6. "RE: 2 hours"
did Team Guido have a chance at the FF?That's the only way they could of been saved.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-02-07, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 2 hours"
The other teams had already finished it before the Guidos even got to the clue box. Remember there was about a four hour difference....Dustin and Kandice had to wait a long time for someone to arrive.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-07, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 2 hours"
That is partly D&K choice, they could had refuse C&M and waited for the next team to arrive. (Did the rest all arrive at the same time? I can't remember), this would had leveled the playing field and with the fast-forward option would have give the Guidos a real chance if teamed with the BQs.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •