The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Desperate measures"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-13-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Desperate measures"
So, how do you think my cat Gracie will look after I've fully shaved her?

I just got diagnoses with Lyme again and I'm certain the tick came from Gracie.

I'm thinking a good coat of polyurethane might be in order, too, just to be sure.

So, tell me about a time where you were tempted to take desperate measures because something in your life had become unbearable.

a berry nice sigpic from agman

The blueberries are ripe!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Desperate measures kingfish 07-13-09 1
   RE: Desperate measures byoffer 07-13-09 3
       RE: Desperate measures kingfish 07-13-09 14
 Same as every other shaved cat. Estee 07-13-09 2
 Like this Snidget 07-13-09 4
   RE: Like this grit 07-13-09 5
       correction byoffer 07-13-09 6
       RE: Like this Molaholic 07-13-09 8
           RE: Like this byoffer 07-13-09 11
               RE: Like this kingfish 07-13-09 17
 RE: Desperate measures foonermints 07-13-09 7
 RE: Desperate measures Max Headroom 07-13-09 9
 RE: Desperate measures frisky 07-13-09 10
   RE: Desperate measures byoffer 07-13-09 13
       RE: Desperate measures MKitty 07-14-09 22
           RE: Desperate measures Denalio 07-14-09 24
 RE: Desperate measures dabo 07-13-09 12
 RE: Desperate measures kingfish 07-13-09 15
 RE: Desperate measures cahaya 07-13-09 16
 RE: Desperate measures CTgirl 07-14-09 18
 RE: Desperate measures grit 07-14-09 19
   RE: Desperate measures dabo 07-14-09 20
       RE: Desperate measures grit 07-14-09 21
 RE: Desperate measures aquariaqueen 07-14-09 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Desperate measures"
Oh Grit, sorry to hear that.

Tell Gracie that I will shave my head too, as a show of support for both of you. I will not supply pictures though.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Desperate measures"
Shave your scales?

*headtilt*

07-13-09, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Desperate measures"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-09 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

<Deliberately misunderstanding previous post…la la la la….>

No matter how unhappy Gracie is with being shaved, scaling her would make her very much unhappier.

(So is it to be a landing strip? Or a little Bermuda triangle? Something else?)

This was a coded "shaving" thread, right?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Same as every other shaved cat."
Pissed off.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Like this"

Summer-Ag, and the living is easy.

Can you get Frontline or something like that to help keep the ticks off of her/kill them before they get to you?

07-13-09, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Like this"
Wow, that cat looks pissed.

Capn’s Crop Circle Siggie Fest 6/09

Gracie wears a collar. The problem is she has long fur on her underside and she carries the ticks in still alive. Then if she jumps on the bed or couch, the ticks hop off and wait for me. If the ticks stay on her and bite her, the collar does its work and kills the ticks.

07-13-09, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "correction"
The cat looks less pissed off and more ticked off.

sorry.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Like this"
Gracie wears a collar. The problem is she has long fur on her underside and she carries the ticks in still alive. Then if she jumps on the bed or couch, the ticks hop off and wait for me. If the ticks stay on her and bite her, the collar does its work and kills the ticks.

Obviously, you need your own collar.

07-13-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Like this"
And a camera. And a willingness and ability to post pictures of yourself wearing the collar.

good one Molie!

07-13-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Like this"
Shaved.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Desperate measures"
I ripped out all of our wall to wall carpet (no loss) and refinished the oak hardwood floors. I can't stand any nasty bloodsucking bugs, and given all the 'possums, squirrels, cats, and now birds wandering around the zoo here I don't think there was a choice.

Tell Gracie the Sphynx look is currently IN.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Desperate measures"
Just make Gracie stay inside. That should put a stop to stray ticks getting into your house.

And I hope you're feeling better soon.

Capn2patch 2009

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Desperate measures"
LOL! Gracie looks like she's all "You're going to do WHAT?!!!

Go ahead, Grit. You never know what you'll find under all that fur.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Poor Grit. *headbutt*

07-13-09, 01:14 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Desperate measures"
Is that Kat Von D's cat? (the lady from LA Ink)

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-14-09, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Desperate measures"
Holy crap, how does one tattoo a cat? I guess it would have to be drugged or put to sleep for a while!!!

*Summerized by Agman*

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-14-09, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Desperate measures"
Hopefully this is just a photoshopped cat! At least this is what I assumed when I saw this!

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Desperate measures"
Like a shaved cat. And not happy about it.

07-13-09, 02:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Desperate measures"
Another question is what will your hands and forearms look like after you've shaved her.

I picture buckets of blood. Yours, not hers.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Desperate measures"
Yikes! Sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed for Lyme's again.

We go out hiking a lot and this perhaps is the most important thing that we take extra preventative measures against.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Desperate measures"
Sure fire way to keep you cat from getting ticks: buy an adorably cute and CRAZY Labrador retriever puppy. Watch her chase the cat all over the yard and house. Watch the cat retreat to the top floor of the house and not leave it for three years!

Dog is now 7 and cat is 11. The cat has become resigned to the dog being around and will now come downstairs and socialize. But she's lost all interest in going outside. I'm glad because I still remember the time she was laying on my light blue quilt and I counted 15 deer ticks crawling on it. Ewww! I don't know how I have escaped getting Lyme but I am thankful. The dog has had it. I hope you caught it early and FEEL BETTER!!

If I lived a little closer, I'd so be at your house to pick blueberries!

07-14-09, 01:14 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Desperate measures"
I was at one of my once-a-month clients this morning. The secretary was telling me she has a Persian and she gets him shaved regularly. Apparently there are people who specialize in this. Most people will sedate the cat before shaving them but the guy she uses does not sedate the animals. I was just kidding about shaving Gracie. I had no idea that people actually do this...

a berry nice sigpic from agman

The blueberries are ripe! Current harvest yield - approximately 6 pints a day. If my daughter helps me pick, only 4 pints make it into the house.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Desperate measures"
Sedation shavery, I'm thinking this should require some sort of advanced degree.

SMILES ARE FREE

07-14-09, 01:48 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Desperate measures"
Actually, I would expect that non-sedated shaving of cats would require some sort of advanced degree.

a birthday present from agman

And a good medical plan.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-14-09, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Desperate measures"
Is it possible to make the cat an inside cat???? That should cut the incidences down by quite a bit.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •