The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PSA - don't take your guitar on United Airlines"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-09-09, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PSA - don't take your guitar on United Airlines"
Interesting story here about a guy who got screwed by United Airlines when they refused his claim for damage they did to his guitar, so he got a new guitar and took it to YouTube.

Why do I so enjoy someone using technology to right a wrong? Even is that use of technology involves a country beat.

Yes, Cahaya, this PSA is aimed at you!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 A timely post cahaya 07-10-09 1
 RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on... kingfish 07-10-09 2
 RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on... Buggy 07-10-09 3
 RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on... grit 07-10-09 4
 RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on... HobbsofMI 07-10-09 5
 Update moonbaby 07-10-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-09, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "A timely post"
I'm about to fly out from Kuala Lumpur in a few hours, just having read your post.

Needless to say (due to reasons already given), I didn't bring either of my guitars with me although I did have a chance to play my niece's acoustic one night while I was with the family in Johor Bahru. I tuned it to Steve Martin's banjo-esque open D with a porch full of kids clapping along with fast bluegrass tunes.

It was an eventful visit here and I didn't have much opportunity to lurk much less post during the last two weeks. I'll share more later after I get back home.

Thanks for the lurkout, byo.

Smurfed by Icey.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-09, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on United Airlines"
Webster's new word; Lurkout. (I wondered if you had been traveling, C. And bless your heart, you do bluegrass!)

Very funny, BYo, thanks for this thread. The Mariachi approach (sombreros and mustaches) was a nice touch.

He talks about a couple songs to come about all of this. This (his) quote could be the germ of an idea for one of them;

“I should thank United…. If my guitar had to be smashed due to extreme negligence I’m glad it was you that did it.”

I hope this launches their career and that United fires Mz. Earwig (or whoever). This is for all of us who have had to talk to airline reps. with similarly deaf ears. Hooray.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on United Airlines"
Oh my gosh! How great was that!
Loved the song, loved the way they dealt with the problem.
In times where all companies are struggling to keep going, they should know that good customer service goes a long way, and the bad publicity is exactly what United deserves.

What a wonderful way to deal with a bad situation, AND, they are talented!
CUTE! They are all so cute!
I wish them much luck, talent and such a good attitude should be rewarded.

Thanks for sharing that, ByO, made me smile!

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-09, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on United Airlines"
I'm not a fan of country music but that song was really catchy and the video was very funny. I can't wait to see how United repairs their reputation on this one. The video has had over a million hits.

a berry nice sigpic from agman

The blueberries are ripe!

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-09, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PSA - don't take your guitar on United Airlines"
Very nice....1.4 million hits on YouTube so we'll see what happens. I don't expect they will do anything but pass the buck as they have to date.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-09, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Update"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_X-Qoh__mw

Can't wait for song 2!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •