The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NC Zoo Photos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-04-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NC Zoo Photos"
For those who aren't familiar with the zoo, this would be the place if I had to come back as a zoo animal I would want to be. Lots of space in the exhibits and even the smaller ones have lots of places to hide from the public. Really good for the animals, but not always the best for pictures (really need to get a camera with major telephoto capability). The nice thing is most of the animals do seem to have behavior much more like you see in nature or on nature specials then the zoo animals from my childhood memories.

Of course that means a few of the exhibits are having some problems. They have a really cool new giraffe feeding platform. Apparently some other zoos have them and the work great, but the giraffes only have an acre or less to roam around in and not a lot of good browse so spend most of their time looking for the treats from the feeding station. The giraffes at our zoo have just over 3 acres and plenty of hay from the zebras they share the display with. They have one older giraffe and several under two years old so the little ones really aren't independent and the older female is really not too sure about that thing that was constructed at one end of the pen. So she is more than happy to eat her fill on the not so good food just to stay away from the deck. They come over every so often, but not very much.

First a few of Mystic's friends who are at the zoo.
Rafiki

Mystic

Vixen

On to some other themes.

One cool thing about the zoo is all the art they have to fill up some of the distance you have to walk from one enclosure to the next.

For some reason this was one of the few large statues that didn't have small children on top of them being photographed.

But some of the art I like are the smaller pieces you find in all sorts of unusual places.

Now back to doing what animals in nature do, which seems to be an awful lot of sleeping.

All in all it was a good day, even with sore paws by the end of it. One of the few cooler days during the summer, and I got carded buying beer after I got home.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NC Zoo Photos maroonclowns mom 07-04-09 1
 RE: NC Zoo Photos bullzeye 07-04-09 2
 RE: NC Zoo Photos sica077 07-06-09 3
 RE: NC Zoo Photos kingfish 07-07-09 4
   RE: NC Zoo Photos kingfish 07-08-09 5
       RE: NC Zoo Photos HuckleberryHound 07-08-09 6
 RE: NC Zoo Photos blacknwhitedog 07-09-09 7
   RE: NC Zoo Photos Snidget 07-09-09 8
   RE: NC Zoo Photos jbug 07-10-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-04-09, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"

They certainly do look content. Lovely pics, thanks

complements for siggy to Capt2patch

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
Very cool Snidget! Thanks for sharing.

We Cantadians have a special friend in Agdude.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-06-09, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
Oh! I love the big cats and seals. Great pictures. I would not like the fake snake on the railing!

I've been 'patched

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-09, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
The NC Zoo is indeed a great zoo. Very open and large areas for animals. There are time when it is uncrowded and you can visit at your leisure and at you own pace.

I also have some pictures, and if I can find them I'll post a few. Some are also of Mystic's friends.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-09, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
I have more, and many better, but this is the best of those I could locate.

So the question is, are you a white Rhino, or a black Rhino.

(No looking bewteen its legs)

The NC Zoo is also educational!

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-08-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
Nice, cool pics

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-09, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
Cool pics! We are just back from the Columbus Zoo- I think they have the best slogan- "No more number two!"

the baby elephant is Beco

Syren 2007

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-09-09, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
How cute and itty bitty. Well at least compared to Mama.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-09, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NC Zoo Photos"
I took Moma to the zoo yesterday. We had a good time eve tho it was very hot! She liked the polar bears & sea lions the best (me too - the underwater viewing area is air conditioned )

The Tram was out of service - due to part of the zoo being closed/off limits.
On Mon a baby elephant was born; on Wed it stumbled & it's mother tried to help it up; she injured it with her tusk; they couldn't save it.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Zoo's Joy Turns to Sorrow After Incident
It is with tremendous sadness that the Memphis Zoo announces that the newborn elephant calf has died. The calf stumbled while walking through the exhibit shortly before 10:00am Wednesday morning. Asali was trying to assist the calf back to its feet when she accidentally injured the newborn with her tusk. Zoo keepers began to work immediately to separate Asali from the calf. They then began to perform first aid, and along with the Zoo’s veterinary staff,...

http://tinyurl.com/mqmeys

Agman 2009

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •