The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ethan and Vee pick Brian as Winner"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-19-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ethan and Vee pick Brian as Winner"

The Article was from the Early Show-
It's down to just four contestants in tonight's final episode of "Survivor: Thailand" in which Brian, Clay, Helen and Jan will be vying for the million dollar prize.

Immunity is the only way for the contestants to control their fate. But there are certain qualities former "Survivor" winner Vecepia Towery from “Survivor: Marquesas” has found in Brian Heidik that she says may put him in the winning spot.

“From the beginning, I had Brian pegged. From the first minute I saw him. He's a used car salesman. He's got that gift of gab. And he knows how to be quiet when he needs to be quiet. And talk when he needs to talk. He's playing a great game,” she says.

“Survivor: Africa” winner Ethan Zohn agrees. “I think Brian's going to take the cake, for sure. When it first started, I thought Jake and Brian. But I think Brian's playing extremely well.”

Brian's strategy has been to fly low under the radar, much the way the former winners did.

“You always have people who are going to step up and be the loud mouths or the boisterous ones. So why not take the back seat and let them weed themselves out. And he did that excellently. We really did not see him really flourish until about episode six or seven. So it's a smart way to play it,” says Vescepia.

Once contestants get to the final four, former winners agree, the best way to guarantee first place is to take the least likable character along for the ride. In this case, Clay will have that role.

“Right now, they're looking at the jury. Obviously, they want to win immunity but they're looking at the jury, as well. I think the best chance to win is against Clay,” says Ethan.

“Most definitely,” says Vecepia. “If you look at the four people that are left, Helen hasn't made any bad blood. Jan has just been the sweetest thing out there. Clay has mixed it up a little bit with some of the people on the jury, so why not take him? Because you know you pretty much have a sure shot.”

As for the changes that took place in the game this time around, both Vecepia and Ethan say they were happy with them. This season, two team captains got to pick their teams.

“I thought it was great. They got to mix it up. They got to keep it fresh. Just like grade school, you know,” says Ethan.

“I loved the fact that they really underestimated Jan's selection. You really can't judge a book by its cover from the beginning. You've got to wait and see it out and it panned out excellently,” says Vecepia.

The tribe that emerged victorious looked at first like the weaker team, because its contestants were older and not as physically fit as thos eon the other team. But they ended up making it to the very end.

“The hand-to-hand combat was awesome,"says Vecepia. "If they would have had that in Marquesas, that would have blown our season away. But they didn't. But this season, the thing I like about it, is there was so much hand-to-hand. The younger team was younger but it didn't look like the women were as physical as the other ones. So it definitely evened itself out,” says Vecepia.

“It was like 'American Gladiators.' You know, to actually get to physically touch - you could dislike someone. And now you get to touch them and push them off. That's a little rewarding,” says Ethan.

As for how much of their money is left in the bank, Vecepia says she has probably about $380,000 waiting for Uncle Sam to get his last bid in April.
Ethan has a little bit left. With his money, he says, he bought some presents and started a nonprofit organization called Grassroots Soccer.

The two-hour season finale of "Survivor: Thailand" kicks off Thursday night at 8 pm/ET 7 pm CT, followed by the live reunion show. The big winner will be on The Early Show to pick up his or her million-dollar check.

------I am like 95% sure Brian has this in the bag..Vee and Ethan say it themselves lol

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Hmmm Speedy 12-19-02 1
 RE: Ethan and Vee pick Brian as Win... Tumbler 12-19-02 2
   RE: Ethan and Vee pick Brian as Win... Seyz 12-27-02 3
 hmmm Speedy 12-28-02 4
   RE: hmmm SteffiGurl 12-28-02 5
       RE: hmmm BMH 12-28-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Speedy 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-19-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Speedy Click to send private message to Speedy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Hmmm"
Thats interesting I'm not surprised everybody seems to think Brian has this game in the bag I am sure Tina and Rich would say the same thing

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-19-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ethan and Vee pick Brian as Winner"
I would like to know who Hatch thinks will win. If I remember correctly, he has picked it right every time (including himself the first season). He picked Vee when there were like 7 people left! I thought he was joking around. Has anyone heard who he actually picked this time?

Tumbler

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-27-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ethan and Vee pick Brian as Winner"
I know at some point in time, he picked Shii Ann to be the winner, but of course that was early on in the game. I think even he didn't think it could be as obvious as Brian..

Speedy 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-28-02, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Speedy Click to send private message to Speedy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "hmmm"
looks like Vecepia and Ethan were right where Rich didn't seem to know or just didn't care lol

If memory serves me Vecepia picked Brian very early on in the game to be the winner that is interesting...

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-28-02, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: hmmm"
Sketchboy jokingly picked Brian as the winner about a week or so before the show started. I don't know if he was serious when he made the pick, but he sure was right. In fact, I really think Brian was quite an easy pick early on. Like Ethan, I found myself saying "No, Brian will never get voted off! He has to win!"

Keeping in mind my personal pick to win was Helen for a while.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-28-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: hmmm"
I picked Shii Ann to go far before the show started..because I felt like being different and going against spoilers

I was very proud of myself that I stayed with Shii cuz she lasted ALOT longer than anyone actually thought..most thought she was a goner by episode 2..go figure..

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •