The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-race introduction clips"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-11-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-race introduction clips"
I think this may have been mentioned already but I can't recall the discussion, and it's even more relevant now. Before the race started, in the various Amazing Race previews on CBS, they had commercials introducing some of the teams. "Who will win the Amazing Race?" along with introductions of a few of the teams and some jazzy soundbites, such as Kevin and Drew, "We are the ugly Americans. There is definite potential for an international incident."

Rob and Brennan said, "There's nothing in the rules that says you can't lie to the other teams." I remember that this comment was the source of some backlash against Rob and Brennan, with people saying how typical it was for the lawyers to be the ones who lie.

Now, does this mean that the Lawyers indeed lie? Because I don't recall seeing it yet. Does that mean they lie to Frangarita to get ahead and therefore win?

Or were these clips filmed BEFORE the race even started? If they were filmed afterwards, during post production, after having been on the race, I'm not so sure if Kevin and Drew would have referred to themselves as the "ugly Americans".

What about the intro shots of each team? I always thought this was filmed afterwards, because that would explain Lenny and Karyn's "we don't wanna be here" look. Does that also explain Frank's "I am so angry" and Margarita's "we tried but we didn't win" looks? Were the Guidos too traumatized to show up, and that's why their name intro is taken from them toasting on their submission tape?

Just throwing out some theories in the hopes it convinces everyone that the lawyers win.

Go ROB AND BRENNAN!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pre-race introduction clips katem 12-11-01 1
   RE: Pre-race introduction clips samced 12-11-01 2
       RE: Pre-race introduction clips Goober 12-12-01 3
           RE: Pre-race introduction clips NudeJerri 12-12-01 4
 RE: Pre-race introduction clips rosesnote 12-12-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-11-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pre-race introduction clips"
I'm convinced ROB & BRENNAN won the race !!!!!!!

As for your questions, I believe that all these clips were from before the race started. F&M facial expressions might have been because at the time they were not really that close. Then again it certaintly looks as if they will end the same way, doesn't it?

Also, I don't believe I ever saw a promo with the Guidos in it. In those promos they introduced the couples as "the lawyers and best friends", "the teachers", "the working moms", etc, BUT I never saw one that introduced "the life partners", who knows why, maybe they did and I just never saw one.

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-11-01, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pre-race introduction clips"
I do not have it on tape, however, if I remember correctly
I did see a clip of the Guidos with the little chihuahua they spoke of how, well travel they where, how smarts not strenght would win them the game. I was half listening at the time
looking for an new tape (no such luck).

Nothing against Rob & Bren Im sure they are a ton of laughs at home. These boys are just to Stephord! Granted Rob did tell the driver to "get out of my face!" because Im sure the chinese driver just wanted to hang out with the guys after he got paid. I will also admit that he (Rob) reminded me a little of Damien when he was staring? glaring? at Frankarita at the pit stop.
I think I would have enjoyed them more if there was more....what Drama? fights? interaction between the 2 of them. This way at least I would think that I know them a little and therefore I would want them to win. As it is Im hoping for Frankarita they at least remind me of at least half the couples i know.

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-12-01, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pre-race introduction clips"
> I will also admit
>that he (Rob) reminded me
>a little of Damien when
>he was staring? glaring? at
>Frankarita at the pit stop.

LOL. Reminded me of the kids in Village of the Damn/ Boys from Brazil. Robbo gave the same precocious glare at Siegfried and Roy when they met up at Foucault's Pendulum. Tres adorable then.

NudeJerri 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NudeJerri Click to send private message to NudeJerri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pre-race introduction clips"
there have been probably many negative Rob and Brennan moments but they were not shown on tv because they were purposely edited to look like 2 nice guys who go on to win the Amazing Race.

rosesnote 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rosesnote Click to send private message to rosesnote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pre-race introduction clips"
>Before the race started, in the various Amazing Race previews
>on CBS, they had commercials introducing some of the teams.
>"Who will win the Amazing Race?" along with introductions
>of a few of the teams and some jazzy soundbites,
>such as Kevin and Drew, "We are the ugly Americans.
>There is definite potential for an international incident."

I remember these too!

>Rob and Brennan said, "There's nothing in the rules that says
>you can't lie to the other teams." I remember
>that this comment was the source of some backlash against
>Rob and Brennan, with people saying how typical it was
>for the lawyers to be the ones who lie.

I bet they were asked to say something like just so CBS could feed people's stereotypes about lawyers! I don't think that sound bite has shown up in any of the episodes, unlike Kevin's "international incident" comment which aired in Episode 1.

>Now, does this mean that the Lawyers indeed lie? Because
>I don't recall seeing it yet.

No, as I just stated, I think the comment about lying was to go hand-in-hand with their introduction as "The Lawyers" to feed people's stereotypes.

>Or were these clips filmed BEFORE the race even started?

I have no inside information on this, but I would think they were filmed ahead of time. Along with all those shots of the contestants in their homes (ie. Team Guido toasting, Paul and Amie in their kitchen, and Rob and Brennan reading that law book in their dining room).

>If they were filmed afterwards, during post production, after
>having been on the race, I'm not so sure if Kevin
>and Drew would have referred to themselves as the "ugly
>Americans".

Remember that Kevin made the "ugly Americans" comment, and Drew said something about having done "zero preparation" for the race. That sounds like something that would be said prior to them starting the race.

>What about the intro shots of each team? Were the
>Guidos too traumatized to show up, and that's why their
>name intro is taken from them toasting on their submission
>tape?

Team Guido was not the only team to not have a shot like that. Neither Rob and Brennan nor Kim and Leslie have close-up shots.

Good luck Rob and Brennan!

Roses-Note

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •