The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Riddles..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

MissRaven 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-05-09, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissRaven Click to send private message to MissRaven Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Riddles..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-09 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-05-09 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

Edited to put successful answers in hidden text. I'll be back later to give all the answers

2nd edit: Yay! You got 'em all. All the answers are in hidden text now in case someone late to the party still wants to try. Thanks for playing
Have a great weekend all.

Here is some Friday fun! Try your hand at these riddles.

1) Walk on the living, they don't even mumble. Walk on the dead, they mutter and grumble. leaves

2) I am on three legs when I rest and one when I work. wheelbarrow

3) I am used to bat with, yet I never get a hit. I am near a ball, yet it is never thrown. eyelashes

4) I can be short and sometimes hot. When displayed, I rarely impress. temper

5) I don't have eyes, but once I did see. Once I had thoughts, but now I'm white and empty. skull

6) Buckets, barrels, baskets, cans. What must you fill with empty hands? gloves

7) I am sometimes strong and sometimes weak, but I am nobody's fool. There is no language that I can't speak, though I never went to school. echo

8) You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. ear of corn

9) You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. onion

10) I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it. splinter

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Riddles... taffnic 06-05-09 1
 RE: Riddles... pepperz 06-05-09 2
 RE: Riddles... arkiegrl 06-05-09 3
 RE: Riddles... byoffer 06-05-09 4
 4) IceCat 06-05-09 5
   RE: 4) cahaya 06-05-09 15
 RE: Riddles... pepperz 06-05-09 6
 8) IceCat 06-05-09 7
   RE: 8) thndrkttn 06-05-09 11
       RE: 8) cahaya 06-05-09 14
 10) IceCat 06-05-09 8
 No. 2... taffnic 06-05-09 9
 #3 moonbaby 06-05-09 10
 7) Max Headroom 06-05-09 12
   RE: 7) cahaya 06-05-09 13
 RE: Riddles... grit 06-05-09 16
 #6 Ahtumbreez 06-05-09 17
   RE: #6 Brownroach 06-05-09 19
       RE: #6 Ahtumbreez 06-05-09 20
 #6 Brownroach 06-05-09 18
 RE: Riddles... Estee 06-05-09 21
 #7 Gothmog 06-05-09 22
 #1 Brownroach 06-05-09 23
   RE: #1 cahaya 06-05-09 24
       RE: #1 Brownroach 06-05-09 25
           RE: #1 PepeLePew13 06-05-09 26
               RE: #1 cahaya 06-05-09 27
               RE: #1 SherpaDave 06-05-09 28
               RE: #1 Brownroach 06-05-09 29
                   RE: #1 cahaya 06-05-09 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Riddles..."
No. 10 is a splinter.

A tribe creation

pepperz 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-05-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pepperz Click to send private message to pepperz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Riddles..."
Is no. 9 an onion?

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Riddles..."
#9 is an onion. I think.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Riddles..."
#9 is an onion.

The person posting below me will do #8...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "4) "
Temper?

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 4) "
Agree here, too.

pepperz 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-05-09, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pepperz Click to send private message to pepperz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Riddles..."
I think no.8 is a pumpkin.

06-05-09, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "8)"
Corn on the cob?

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-05-09, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 8)"
Agreed.

06-05-09, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 8)"
Yup, good one.

06-05-09, 02:15 PM (EST)
8. "10)"
Poison ivy?

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "No. 2..."
Is a wheelbarrow.

A tribe creation

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#3"
*bats eyelashes*

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "7)"
A radio?

06-05-09, 02:50 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 7)"
That's what I thought.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-05-09, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Riddles..."
#1 is leaves.

another agman creation

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "#6"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-09 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

Gloves from LoTR.

#4 temper - also from LoTR?
#5 - a skull

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: #6"
Jinx!

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: #6"
*pinches BR Not Jinx! I was a minute quicker

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

06-05-09, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "#6"
Gloves?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Riddles..."
I'm going to say 'leaves' for #1 and 'skull' for #5.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-05-09, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "#7"
is an echo

...is an echo ... o ... o ...

06-05-09, 04:30 PM (EST)
23. "#1"
Blades of grass?

06-05-09, 04:58 PM (EST)
24. "RE: #1"
Close, very close.

syren's light

I looked up the answers (after guessing on all of them) with a little googling and I scored 4/10. This isn't amongst the best of the riddles, kind of interpretive, but you're on the right track.

06-05-09, 05:04 PM (EST)
25. "RE: #1"
I didn't like leaves as an answer for #1 because, well, you don't generally walk *on* living leaves. You might walk *through* them, but then they usually do make some kind of noise.

Grass, at least relatively short grass, is quiet when walked on, while dead dry grass (hay) makes noise.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: #1"
Eh, you do walk on them in the fall. They're walked on as in stepped on (while also being applied to "stepped through"). I have no problem with leaves being the answer here. Leaves have a more distinct rustling sound when dry than hay does, at least from what it feels like to my feet.

06-05-09, 05:42 PM (EST)
27. "RE: #1"
Yeah, I like your word 'rustle' instead of the puzzle's 'mutter and grumble'. We have a lot of maple and oak leaves here in the fall, and I love the sound (and smell!) of them.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-09, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: #1"
Walking ON them, they're already dead. While still living (and quiet), they're still attached to trees.

06-05-09, 06:10 PM (EST)
29. "RE: #1"
I guess it depends on when you consider a leaf "dead." I consider any leaves that are no longer attached to a tree and are laying on the ground dead leaves, whether they've dried up yet or not. At the very least they are in the process of dying.

06-05-09, 06:18 PM (EST)
30. "RE: #1"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-09 AT 06:20 PM (EST)

That's kind of why I considered this a weak riddle. A good puzzle makes us scratch our heads and think 'that was obvious!'.

Surfkitten Summer sigshop 2008

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •