The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Indiana Jones?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-16-02, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Indiana Jones?"
I have been trying to rack my brain to come up with an "Indiana Jones" Type of final challenge. One that wouldn't be too physical(like fighting off Nazi's),or too hard to set up (mine car ride). The only thing that makes sense to me would be a choosing game sort of like the scene in the Last Crusade where Indiana had to choose the correct Holy Grail so he could save his father( he chose wisely). There is of course a possibility of a snake challenge, but that would make it too much like Fear Factor.
Or we could see Granny Janny reach in and pull Clay's heart out! Maybe Big Ted starts chasing them Like a big rolling boulder.
More than likely it will be more of a combination of things sort of like the opening to Raiders or the scene in The Last Crusade where Indiana has to get to the room where the Knight is protecting the Grail.
They enter a "temple" and have one obstacle (spears when you hit the sunlight/avoid the sharp objects fling at you..Only the repenetant man shall pass), then another (open pit/step on the right stones to get to the right path) and then some other (flying darts/leap of faith) and finish it off with a sprint from a giant boulder.
Any one else have any speculation as to what it could be?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Indiana Jones? Spidey 12-17-02 1
 RE: Indiana Jones? pancho 12-17-02 2
 RE: Indiana Jones? AZ_Leo 12-17-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-02, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Indiana Jones?"
I was mulling this over last night and I am still not convinced the Jan shot is from the Indiana Jones IC. It appears to be another "obstacle course" in that picture, possibly the "super-challenge" with pieces from all the old challenges, although I believe a few old pieces were used in the car RC. Just because it is physical, does not mean it can't be the F4 challenge, nor that it has to be the "Indiana Jones" one.

I am still having trouble reconciling the Brian F4 IN pic with a Jan IC win. It is not unheard of that MB will give us IC winner so obviously (remeber Tammy 2 times in a row?) He obviously wants us to think F4 IC is fallen comrades, thereby dismissing what is actually a pic of Brian with F4 IN.

I am leaning toward some kind of I.J. "quest" challenge, part physical and part mental, possibly racing to find clues based on answering questions or knowledge gain from a Jiffy story (we haven't seen anything like that this year). I just don't think a standard physical challenge that we have seen so many of before, would be considered so special as to give it its own theme.

An IceCat Original, 2002

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-17-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Indiana Jones?"
The thing that bugs me about the Indiana Jones thing is the quote:

“Think 'Indiana Jones' in terms of how is presented. The feel of the whole thing is definitely 'Indiana Jones,' that's what we were trying to create.”

I think that the wording - 'how it is presented' means that the Indiana Jones theme may have nothing to do with the actual competition itself. Maybe more to the look of the set or something boring like that.

pancho

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-17-02, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Indiana Jones?"
Are we sure MB is talking about the Indiana Jones movies? Couldn't he be referring to Indiana Jones the Disneyland Theme Park Ride? After all he lives in California and has kids. He's probably been there at least once or twice. I've never been there myself but here's a link to a description of it: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/parks/detail.cfm?Attraction=82

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •