The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The twenty-foot rule."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-07, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The twenty-foot rule."
According to that ever-semi-reliable source, Wikipedia, every Race team gets to run under this very nasty rule. Unless a clue dictates otherwise, while the team is on the course, they must stay within twenty feet of each other at all times. This is partially for camera/sound purposes, partially for torture, and it gets enforced. No idea what the penalty is for violating it, but it's probably safe to assume that there is one. Temporary short-term separations above and beyond that distance are inevitable, but need to be fixed fast. Long-term ones -- problem.

This doesn't forgive Mirna. Nothing can forgive Mirna. But it goes a long way towards explaining a little bit of her behavior: if Charla drops too far back for too long, there might be a time penalty waiting in the wings. The way Mirna expresses this worry isn't exactly Happy Fun Encouragement, but now we know she has something to worry about.

Oh, and if you want to look back in the archives to The Season That Never Happened, this explains the stadium search. No splitting up to check out different sections? They couldn't split up. The rule can hold teams back in a lot of ways: no 'You go this way and look for directions, I'll go that way, we'll meet up in five mintues.' You go together or you don't go at all.

Twenty feet isn't a very large distance. Any real difference in walking pace can create -- and surpass -- that in well under a minute. Twenty feet isn't much to work with at all...

Maybe they need electronic ankle leashes.

(Also from the rulebook: on the Asian edition of the race, a team that violated the speed limit while driving themselves was penalized by two minutes for every kilometer they were above it. This turned out to be a 92-minute penalty. If this rule applies to the US version of the Race... ow. Poor Drew: he must have thought everyone who passed him was looking at a twenty-minute drag on their finishing time. Minimum.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The twenty-foot rule. ladybugen 03-12-07 1
 RE: The twenty-foot rule. Seana 03-12-07 2
 RE: The twenty-foot rule. Snidget 03-12-07 3
 RE: The twenty-foot rule. dabo 03-12-07 4
 RE: The twenty-foot rule. qwertypie 03-12-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ladybugen 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-07, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladybugen Click to send private message to ladybugen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The twenty-foot rule."
Very interesting.....it certainly does shed some light on why Mirna is constantly screaming at Charla to hurry up.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The twenty-foot rule."
Yikes. 20 feet really isn't far, is it? But you're right: that doesn't give Mirna any right to be so nasty. Honestly, I'm a big fan of efficiency. So take a minute, organise yourselves and *then* get started on the task. Don't just grab and run. You waste more time that way.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The twenty-foot rule."
That would explain some things.

However standing stock still so you can yell causing the other person to stop and yell back doesn't net you much in forward momentum.

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" Tom Lehrer

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The twenty-foot rule."
Bummer. Everyone knows it takes ten yards to make a first down.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The twenty-foot rule."
Must make the bathroom breaks really interesting.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •