The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ted on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-13-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ted on the Early Show"
A very slim'd down version of Ted appeared on the Early Show today. He claims to have lost a whopping 60lbs, he looked great and had some interesting things to say about his stay.

1. Ted was asked how he felt about Brian betraying the alliance that they forged from the beginning. Ted stated that he knew Brian was playing the game hard and did what he had to do to get Brian to the F4. He harbors no resentment toward brian and considers him a "good guy". He was surprised that Brian has held onto Clay so long and thought that Clay wuld have left before him. He said that Clay didn't do much at camp and was a tag-a-long on their alliance.

2. Ted was asked about Helen and if he felt betrayed by her, he responded again that he respects Helen immensely and knows that she was in a very precarious position of having to take sides, she did what she had to do and he feels no ill will toward Helen.

3. Ted indirectly verified that Clay is not all that well liked. He ommitted any comments about respecting Clay or feeling that Clay was doing what he had to do. This IMHO is a big clue as to how Ted will vote in the f2 if it is indeed Brian-vs-Clay.

4. They again re-hashed the "Grinding Incident" but I got nothing of merit out of it other than Ted doesn't keep in contact with Ghandia or any of the others voted out.

5. Stupid Audience Questions (I hate these) a. Were there any relationships on the island that we didn't see? b. Some moron called in but neglected to turn down their TV...feedback city. c. Some question about Ghandia that didn't really seem important.

Ted did talk about how the grinding incident effected his wife. He was honest and upfront in saying she was upset and hurt but they worked it out and it's water under the bridge. He showed pics of his baby.

My impression is that Ted is just a really nice, genuine person who gave it his all and played with integrity. Good for you big Ted!!!!

Snoocharoo

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ted on the Early Show Q 12-13-02 1
   RE: Ted on the Early Show Cin 12-13-02 2
       Agree Cin Q 12-13-02 3
           My Thoughts Wacko Jacko 12-13-02 5
               RE: My Thoughts jsanb 12-13-02 6
               RE: My Thoughts Q 12-13-02 7
 RE: Ted on the Early Show Brownroach 12-13-02 4
 RE: Ted on the Early Show sittem 12-13-02 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ted on the Early Show"
Thanks Snooch, great summation.

I had to leave for work prior to the grinding talk. But I did see the beg.

Ted does look great. I'm glad he kept the weight off. He just looked super, except his head looks to big for his body now, but maybe its just soooo different, I am no used to it yet.

Yeah it does seem Clay is on the outs, but as Jan told Helen last night, Brian holds Clay close, and when Brian gave the Finger to the cameras last night, the middle one was Clay and he called him his friend!!!!

That bodes well for Brian keeping his Friend to the end, while everyone else dislikes Clay so will vote for Brian.

Brian has to keep Clay to insure a win.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-13-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ted on the Early Show"
I kinda think right now, Clay may be the only one Brian could beat. I could be wrong but I think the sookies would vote for Jan and Helen in a sec.

Cin

12-13-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Agree Cin"
Penny would vote Helen as she gave her all those recepies so she could become the perfect Blond, Texas Wife who cooks and pleases her husband (gag). Erin would feel the same way. Ken has mentioned he knew of Brians past, and Jake although rebuked by Helen to form an alliance, did approach her and no one else. Showing he felt comforatable with her. She did not take the alliance with Jake, but he would understand that she did what she had to to get to the finals.

And Jan was nice to Jakes wife at the eating challenge (she said great job jenny, while everyone else was congratulating Helen. Jake would vote for Jan and I thing the SJs will vote in a block.

So that just solidifies the reasoning that Brian wants only Clay in the F2 with him, while he will use the disposable Granny Jan and the Loyal Soldier Helen to see that that happens.

Thoughts?

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-13-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "My Thoughts"
You are way off the mark.

Jake said he voted to eliminate jan over anyone else because she was not playing the game. I also heard Brain pretty much say the same thing and there have been other hints of the same. Jan wouldn't even stand a chance against Clay. She would get no votes from SJ. She would not get Ted's vote unless she is maybe paired against Clay. So the only vote's Jan would get would be from one of the other three left and she woul only get them if Brian pissed them off. So at most she would get is two votes, but it is probably that she would get zero.

As for Helen she is the only contestant other than Brian who stands a chance (of course unless Clay and Jan are in the finals - god forbid). Brian in my opinion would get most of the votes because when it all comes down to it past contestants have always respected the contestant who plays the game the best and Brian really did nothing to tick any SJs off. He was viewed by everyone as playing the game the best - period!

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-13-02, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My Thoughts"
Wacko,
IN THE PAST, players have voted against a player in the final 2 that appeared to be a coat tailer(Mama Kim & Neleh). So histroy would say that you are right. There is one little problem for Brian and Jiffy hinted at it and we saw it in S4 with the Rotu4(minus Zoe) and BB3, and that is the "losing alliance" voting in a way to penalize the leader or strategizers so it is POSSIBLE. I am not advocating that it will, but I think Brian has "disposable" Jan as a backup plan. He prefers Clay in the final 2, but Jan is a backup plan, but not the prefferred route because of the risk she represents.

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

12-13-02, 01:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: My Thoughts"
You are way off the mark.

I disagree on the WAY part.

Jan wouldn't even stand a chance against Clay. She would get no votes from SJ.

Again Disagree. Remember Clay made the SJs think Ted was going instead of Ken. He manipulated that vote and lied to them. And Jake said in post show interview that he wished he had told Ted that prior to being voted off, that Brian and Clay orchestrated his getting the SJs votes. And Jake and Jan were holding hands at times during the game, both are eldest, Jan was supportive of Jakes wife in the eating challenge. Also she was the loveable, drunk granny. However, Erin and others have said Clay was the comic of the group, so they may vote for Clay as well.

Jake and Brian saying Jan is not playing the game, etc. is the reason he voted for her to go when he was voted off. Jake went, Jan did not.

So if for some crazy reason, Jan makes the F2 (which I doubt) those previous comments by Jake would have little effect. What would have the effect is how the endgame plays out. Ted would not vote for Clay over Jan, IMO, nor would Helen.

The Jan/Clay F2 is not cut and dry, IMO (and I am usually wrong)

He was viewed by everyone as playing the game the best - period!
I agree this has been the case in the past, but I am not convinced it would occur again. Like you said it depends on what happens in the next votes.

So I may be a little off on the details, but I do not think it is WAY OFF THE MARK.

The main point is Brian needs Clay to be his F2 partner in order to have the best chance of winning.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ted on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-02 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

>>Ted indirectly verified that Clay is not all that well liked. He ommitted any comments about respecting Clay or feeling that Clay was doing what he had to do. This IMHO is a big clue as to how Ted will vote in the f2 if it is indeed Brian-vs-Clay.<<

Yes, he was asked if he thought Clay was a good player, or just lucky. Ted felt that Clay was playing with a "unique" strategy, but basically was just lucky to still be in the game at this point. The distinct impression that came across to me was that, if the F2 is who TDT says it is, Ted will vote for Brian and not Clay to win.

Re: Ghandia -- the caller asked if Ted is "on speaking terms with Ghandia now". Ted said "No, I'm not -- just as I haven't spoken with anyone else who was voted out." I don't know if he was being purposely evasive, but that didn't really answer the question.

**edited to fix typo

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-13-02, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ted on the Early Show"
Thanks, Snooch for the summary. I must have been in denial this morning and forgot to set the VCR to record it. Nuts - but your summary helped.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •