The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Banned from the UK list"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-09, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Banned from the UK list"
22 made the list, but only 16 were named.

Several US peeps are on the list.

Michael Savage-talk radio host
Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley
and several others.
A fair number of Islamic clerics and a few other people from other countries are on the list as well.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/05/05/uk.ban.list/

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Banned from the UK list jbug 05-05-09 1
   RE: Banned from the UK list Snidget 05-05-09 3
       RE: Banned from the UK list cahaya 05-05-09 7
           RE: Banned from the UK list Snidget 05-05-09 8
               RE: Banned from the UK list cahaya 05-05-09 9
 RE: Banned from the UK list grit 05-05-09 2
   RE: Banned from the UK list HobbsofMI 05-05-09 4
       RE: Banned from the UK list Starshine 05-05-09 5
           RE: Banned from the UK list Snidget 05-05-09 6
   RE: Banned from the UK list qwertypie 05-05-09 20
 RE: Banned from the UK list kidflash212 05-05-09 10
   RE: Banned from the UK list pinksparkleguitar 05-05-09 11
 RE: Banned from the UK list sica077 05-05-09 12
 RE: Banned from the UK list Estee 05-05-09 13
 RE: Banned from the UK list Scuba Steve 05-05-09 14
   RE: Banned from the UK list Snidget 05-05-09 15
 RE: Banned from the UK list cahaya 05-05-09 16
   RE: Banned from the UK list Snidget 05-05-09 17
       RE: Banned from the UK list Starshine 05-05-09 18
   RE: Banned from the UK list Estee 05-05-09 19
       RE: Banned from the UK list cahaya 05-05-09 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
So, if 6 aren't named, how are the people who are responsible for
keeping them out supposed to know to keep them out?

Do they, like, have a list at the airports that they use when passports are checked?

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Any foreigners the US needs to put on a list?

05-05-09, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
I assume security people that know better than to blab have the whole list.

I think every country has a list of people that aren't allowed in. I think there is a computer that cross checkes the list of who is supposed to be on the plane with who can't come in. I just don't know if they always can do the check before the plane leaves. I think I remember one plane from Europe that had to land in Nova Scotia to get the person not allowed to even land in the US off before they could land here. I'm sure the computer at customs knows who they aren't supposed to let in if they do land.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
I'm sure the computer at customs

Actually, that'd be immigrations.

I spent a large part of my career in Asia & Europe on Customs computer systems, along with data exchange protocols with the World Customs Organization in Brussels.

Customs has a database of companies or persons, but primarily for express clearance or entry check of goods. Immigrations is the organization in most countries which handles entry of persons (instead of cargo/goods/luggage).

05-05-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
I knew it had to be one of those long lines they make you stand in.

05-05-09, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
Hahah! Gosh, there's enough of them.

And that's not counting the women's restroom line right after the flights arrive.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-05-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
My brain saw "Fred" from Fred Phelps and "Savage" from Michael Savage, and my first thought was, "Why are they banning little Kevin?" Amazing how the brain works...

Can we (the US) ban those same people on the list? Does the US have a ban list?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
We have a no fly list that you hope someone dangerous does not have the same name as you.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
There is a US no-fly list. I remember there was a bit of a kerfuffle over here when Yusuf Islam (who used to be Cat Stevens) was refused entry to the states

J Slice what a cool lady

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

05-05-09, 10:09 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
I think that is the incident I'm remembering. I couldn't remember who it was. *googles* they diverted that one to Maine, not Canada.

Although I bet that isn't the only plane that has been diverted. I think I might have been thinking of the full ground stop when all the US bound planes from Europe had to land in Nova Scotia. Luckily the folks there helped take care of all the unexpected guests for a few days.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
I thought exactly the same thing and was wondering what scandal cutiepie was involved in.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
I'm extremely offended by this -

How are we supposed to get rid of these people if no other country will take them?

Does the Republic of Chad have a list? Maybe we could ship them there.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-05-09, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
If we can get every continent to ban Fred Phelps and his family, then we can just stick them on an airplane forever circling the globe.

We would never have to hear from them again . . .

Shar saves the day!

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
Fred Phelps has come to our area twice now. The first time was because we had a gay mayor at the time. The second time they came, they picketed outside of the high school in my city because the "gay/straight alliance" was offered at the school. Idiot pigs picking on kids! Rediculous!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
To chorus with several others: big deal -- let me know when we can ban them from this country.

On the other hand, it's a great incentive to move.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-05-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
Am I the only one wondering who Michael Savage is?

I'm all for any country banning Fred Phelps.

05-05-09, 12:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-09 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

Be glad, be very very glad you don't know who he is.

I got introduced to him out in an area out West where I could get one, count them one, radio station on the rental car. Darn thing didn't have satellite radio.

He was on the very right wing all talk radio station. He used to have a show on MSNBC at one time.

Here is the wiki page
link It discusses a few of the more famous kerfuffles.

ETF link

05-05-09, 01:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
Kinda makes you wonder who the other 6 are.

It could be one of us!

05-05-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
Just a long as Kimmah didn't get put on the list for being intimidating.

That? would be a disaster.

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
We have been taking note of the fact that something always goes wrong when Kimmah visits

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
It could be one of us!

*makes call*

It's not me.

And some of y'all are so disappointed.

05-05-09, 03:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Banned from the UK list"
Hold on, you're not off the hook yet.

Which alias did you give them, anyway?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •