The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do You Love Red Meat?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Do You Love Red Meat?"
You might want to cut back. Me, I almost never eat red meat anymore. I stick to mostly chicken, but I've reduced my meat intake overall by about half over the last few years.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_12281422

It's a Tribe!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Ahtumbreez 05-04-09 1
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? HobbsofMI 05-04-09 3
       RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Ahtumbreez 05-04-09 6
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? HobbsofMI 05-04-09 2
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Breezy 05-04-09 4
 Bacon dabo 05-04-09 5
   RE: Bacon byoffer 05-04-09 19
 Definition decision. Estee 05-04-09 7
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? weltek 05-04-09 8
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? samboohoo 05-04-09 9
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? PepeLePew13 05-04-09 18
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? PagongRatEater 05-04-09 10
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? agman 05-04-09 11
       RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Estee 05-04-09 12
           RE: Do You Love Red Meat? PagongRatEater 05-04-09 13
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? kingfish 05-04-09 14
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Tahj 05-04-09 15
       RE: Do You Love Red Meat? kingfish 05-04-09 24
           RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Tahj 05-05-09 31
               RE: Do You Love Red Meat? kingfish 05-05-09 33
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? bystander 05-05-09 32
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? cahaya 05-04-09 16
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? weltek 05-04-09 20
       RE: Do You Love Red Meat? frodis 05-04-09 21
           RE: Do You Love Red Meat? cahaya 05-04-09 22
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? grit 05-04-09 17
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? ARnutz 05-04-09 23
 Potatoes: The Real Problem foonermints 05-04-09 25
   RE: Potatoes: The Real Problem Tahj 05-05-09 30
 RE: Do You Love Red Meat? Silvergirl1 05-05-09 26
   RE: Do You Love Red Meat? kingfish 05-05-09 27
       RE: Do You Love Red Meat? foonermints 05-05-09 28
           RE: Do You Love Red Meat? kingfish 05-05-09 29
               RE: Do You Love Red Meat? cahaya 05-05-09 34
               RE: Do You Love Red Meat? sharnina 05-05-09 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-09, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-09 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

Further proof that life on Earth really means you went to Hell.

Why is it all the good things are bad for you? And.. who the heck wants to live to be 100 anyway!

eta - you do realize how hard it was to stay within the pg-13 guidelines in replying to your question, right?

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-09 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

I think the movie "Food, Inc" might help answer those questions. I saw the trailer on Nothing but Trailers over the weekend and it's kind of a Micheal Moore type picture.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I try not to watch anything that talks about the food supply. It just icks me out.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I don't like mine mooing....Med-Well please!

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
The price has caused us to cut back already.

My Personal 3Day Page

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bacon"
Extra fat for your buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmNTqZ3wV4

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bacon"
That almost borders on PG 13! Very nice.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Definition decision."
Life (noun): a sexually transmitted disease, invariably fatal.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
We've cut back, but still eat too much. Burger has been cheap lately and BIL gave us a quarter-cow for Christmas.

If taking cost out of the equation, I would rarely (no pun intended) eat beef. I enjoy a good steak maybe twice a month, but otherwise prefer white meat, fish or veggie options. I'm not a roast or ground beef fan.

-A Tribetastic Creation

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I go in spurts with the red meat, but I doubt I could ever give it up completely. Especially when it's in the form of a burger from Five Guys.

The best deal we've found is steaks from Costco. You can get four huge steaks for about $24 I can make two meals out of one myself.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-09 AT 03:18 PM (EST)

Our big steak deal was found at the St. Jacobs farmer's market on Saturday -- two gargantuan steaks, two huge ones and one medium one (for Pippy) for $16 total. Good quality steaks with peppercorns surrounding it, and they were the best steaks we've had in quite some time.

We have these steaks about once a month during the summer and roast beef maybe once a month during the winter, the rest of the weekly meals would consist mainly of pork, chicken, pasta, and ground beef dinners, so we don't go nuts with red meat all that often.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I guess I have to think that if I had to give up the things that make life worth living to life longer then I would not count that as a good trade.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"

Are rats considered red or white meat?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
White.

Very, very white.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Rat - the other, other white meat.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I eat meat; red, white, plant, pelagic. I don’t eat bug meat (that was to reassure Dragonflies).

Red meat (as opposed to plant meat) is what undoubtedly what brought our ancestors thru the various crises they faced in the last 200,000 years, and their ancestors since the beginning of animal life on earth. And is what spurred this magnificent brain growth that made me what I am today (don't laugh), so I see no reason to mess with such a beneficial and well proven formula.

Interesting article though. However, one can't argue with the benefits of animal meat for blood sugar health, maintenance of weight, brain function, and muscle and nervous system maintenance. With statin support and moderation, circulatory system obstructions should be controllable in most of us. Actually, the benefits of meat in keeping blood sugar levels low helps nullify the problems meat presents circulatory system –wise.

Then, man invented beer, and all was right with the world.

05-04-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
My topic isn't about doing without, it's about whether or not you think you should reduce the amount you eat.

Red meat (as opposed to plant meat) is what undoubtedly what brought our ancestors thru the various crises they faced in the last 200,000 years, and their ancestors since the beginning of animal life on earth. And is what spurred this magnificent brain growth that made me what I am today (don't laugh), so I see no reason to mess with such a beneficial and well proven formula.

I believe that, while they ate meat, they ate a lot less of it than we do today, mainly because it was scarce. I think they subsisted mostly on plant-based food, even for protein. The other thing is/was that wild red meat is much leaner than the red meat we eat today. It was probably much healthier.

However, one can't argue with the benefits of animal meat for blood sugar health, maintenance of weight, brain function, and muscle and nervous system maintenance.

I've never heard that eating meat is beneficial for blood sugar health. Interesting. However, I'm sure there are many, many people with diabetes who also eat meat. It seems to be related more to genetics and obesity than whether or not one eats meat.

With statin support and moderation, circulatory system obstructions should be controllable in most of us. Actually, the benefits of meat in keeping blood sugar levels low helps nullify the problems meat presents circulatory system –wise.

So you're advocating the use of medication so that one can continue to eat meat?!? *Boggle* if that's what you mean.

It's a Tribe!

05-04-09, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Since we haven't established how much red meat any of us eat, it's not possible to reasonably debate quantity reduction. Some may need to reduce intake in order to be considered at the low end, while other may not need to do so. So I can't address your topic without knowing more. In general, and for most things in life, moderation is a wise idea, though.

The amounts mentioned in the article, 1 oz to 4 oz, strikes me as on the low side. A four ounce steak (for example) is pretty petite. And 1 ounce? I rather imagine a bowl of beef soup has more than that in it.

As far as ancestors go, you're probably right, I guess. I wasn't there. But you know, it's also possible to eat lean meat nowadays. And I've read that, at least in a lot of places, man domesticated animals (for meat) before they domesticated plants. But details aside, there's a good logical argument saying that the concentrated protein and minerals found only in meat allowed humans to survive and become intelligent.

You misunderstood what I was saying about diabetics, I wasn't saying eating meat causes diabetes, I was trying to say eating meat is beneficial for those with diabetes. They have to watch their carbohydrate intake, but meat is free. They also need some fiber for obvious reasons. For diabetics, high glucose is usually the killer. Protein (for the most part)doesn't become glucose, it is a source of protein. Glucose is produced in the body from carbohydrates, therefore a diet with a high meat ratio can be beneficial in lowering glucose for some. Blood sugar is glucose. That was at the heart of what the Adkins diet is all about.

The beneficial effects of meat in terms of circulatory systems comes from the fact that a high meat ratio diet can lower blood sugar, helping to abate the damage that high levels of glucose has on the veins and arteries. Glucose molecules tend to abrade the inner surface of the circulatory system, and it is at these abraded places that blood fat tends to accumulate, forming arterial clogs that lead to heart attacks and more.

No, I don't advocate the use of medication to be able to eat meat.

05-05-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I knew what you meant about the meat and blood sugar/diabetes association. Sorry I wasn't clear in my response. I meant that lots of people who eat red meat still become diabetics and I don't know that eating red meat actually helps diabetics control blood sugar. In fact, I found this:

http://www.annals.org/cgi/content/abstract/136/3/201

Measurements: Using factor analysis based on data from food-frequency questionnaires, we identified and validated two major dietary patterns that we labeled "prudent" (characterized by higher consumption of vegetables, fruit, fish, poultry and whole grains) and "western" (characterized by higher consumption of red meat, processed meat, French fries, high-fat dairy products, refined grains, and sweets and desserts). Relative risks and 95% CIs were adjusted for potential confounders, including body mass index (BMI), physical activity, and cigarette smoking.

Results: During 12 years of follow-up (466 508 person-years), we documented 1321 cases of type 2 diabetes. The prudent dietary pattern score was associated with a modestly lower risk for type 2 diabetes (relative risk for extreme quintiles, 0.84 ). In contrast, the western dietary pattern score was associated with an increased risk for type 2 diabetes (relative risk, 1.59 ; P < 0.001 for trend). A high score for the western dietary pattern combined with low physical activity (relative risk comparing extreme quintiles of dietary pattern score and physical activity, 1.96 ) or obesity (relative risk for BMI ≥ 30 kg/m2 vs. <25 kg/m2, 11.2 ) was associated with a particularly high risk for type 2 diabetes.

Conclusion:Our findings suggest that a western dietary pattern is associated with a substantially increased risk for type 2 diabetes in men.

The article indicates that red meat doesn't seem to be beneficial regarding diabetes.

When you use the word "meat" in your post do you mean always "red meat?"

I'm not anti-meat or red meat. I agree with what you said about moderation. Americans in general don't seem moderate in their consumption of red meat. Many eat it at every meal in higher quantities than 1 to 4 ounces. We tend to be overeaters of food as a whole and that's what's causing many of the health problems today, along with the types of food we eat.

It's a Tribe!

05-05-09, 01:10 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Well, again, very interesting and informative citations. But any study that tries to find out which diet is better than the other, and labels one of the them "Prudent" diet and the other the "Western" is starting off with a glaring bias. They are very obviously predisposed to determine that the "Prudent" diet is superior to whatever diet it is compared too. Better they should term them "Diet 1" and "Diet 2"

I only have a data base of one, and based on that one, I can say that a higher meat to vegetable ratio is beneficial in lowering blood sugar levels. It just is. I cannot eat a lot of carbohydrates, and fruit/veggies are the prime source of carbs.

It also helps me with weigh control for related reasons. Carbs are the source of human body fat, not protein from meat (of any kind), nor even fat from red meat to any real degree.

I guess what I was trying to say (and I didn't do a very good job) is that lower carbohydrate consumption is key to controlling high blood sugar diabetes. For me, eating more meat helps to consume fewer carbs. Ideally, I will consume only enough veggies to get the fiber I need.

Yeah, I guess red meat is what I mean, although I really don't understand why red meat is considered to be just mammal meat (it is, right?) and distinct from fish or fowl. Because it has more fat, maybe? Then why not talk about consuming less fat instead of less red meat. As you point out, red meat can be lean too, especially game meat. And the non-breast meat of domesticated fowl is pretty darn greasy. Bake a turkey or a chicken and you can measure the depth of the oil you end up with.

And what is processed meat? Is it canned meat, because if so, then ugh, even if it’s canned chicken or turkey, ugh!. Except for canned seafood, I don't eat it, I don't really like it. So if one has to eat canned red meat to be on a "western" diet, then that’s one thing, but if Deli meats are also considered to be processed, then that's another thing. Or sausages. In that case “Western” would include Europe, the Middle East, North Central and South America, Australia, and other places that are also heavy into Deli meat and sausage, that is, the "Western" Diet. To my taste, no one does Deli meat or sausages like the Italians.

I agree with your conclusion though, that simple overeating is the over-arching dietary problem. Overeating of everything.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-05-09, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Did someone say Beer?

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
After moving to Malaysia with my DW about one year after we were married, my diet changed considerably. Malaysians (and most Asians in general) eat much more seafood and less red meat than Americans do. After living there for so many years (and forgetting how big US serving sizes are), I was somewhat shocked at the huge serving sizes of red meat at restaurants and at my folks and friends' homes.

We have steak every other week, but about 1/3 to 1/2 the typical American serving size. Even when I order at a restaurant, I'll usually order the smallest cut. We'll have hamburger about once a week, but I cook them very thin (something like a SteaknShake steakburger) and I only eat one, although I'll stack the burger with tomatoes, onion and lettuce. We'll have chicken maybe once or twice a week, spaghetti (again light on the beef) about every other week. We eat seafood, prepared Malaysian style, about twice a week.

We're very much a fruit and veggie family, typically two servings of vegetables with every meal, along with a salad. We also don't drink much in the way of carbonated/junk drinks, having fruit juice (orange, grape, apple, cherry, etc.) to go with the meal.

As a result, none of our family is overweight or with high cholesterol levels. If anything, I'm still a little bit too thin.

Spring kite by Sharnina

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I would eat so much more seafood if I didn't live in Wisconsin. I adore seafood of almost all kinds. It's so expensive and not always the freshest here, however. Beef, chicken and pork are plentiful and usually MUCH cheaper.

-A Tribetastic Creation

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
That's my problem, too. Mr Fro will eat fish but it needs to be very fresh, so, he'll eat it in abundance when we're on vacation in a seaside locale, but not so much at home.

I'm less picky, but he does have a point. I've bought flash frozen stuff but it's not quite
the same as fresh.

05-04-09, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
There's an international food supermarket ('Supermercado Saraga') up in Indy that specializes in fresh seafood (complete with tanks with live stock, including specialties like tiger prawns) and we buy fresh fish and prawns there. Usually, we cook it fresh the day(s) after we get it, and we also stock up and freeze some of it, but if frozen fresh properly, it comes out nearly as good as fresh. DW is very fussy about seafood and it took a while to find the best place within 50 miles of here to get it. With her in Malaysia now to care for her mom who had a stroke about a month ago, I wish I knew how to cook it like she does!

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-04-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
I like my meat still mooing.

My MIL has always heard that red meat is not good for you. So she makes sure she cooks it well-done. (I kid you not, so insert dumb MIL joke *here*.)

I still cannot convince her that when they say red meat isn't good for you they mean meat that starts out red before cooking, not meat that is red after you've cooked it.

another agman creation

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
*snoooort*

That is too frickin funny.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Potatoes: The Real Problem"
Come on, eating a member of the Nightshade family? Think about it.
We'll wreak havoc on your sugar levels if we can, and contain a glycoalkaloid that will send your liver into a tizzy.
Symptoms:
Nausea, vomiting, salivation, drowsiness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, weakness, respiratory depression, coma; may be fatal.

We're full of pesticides, too.

05-05-09, 10:44 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Potatoes: The Real Problem"
Ha! Interesting you should say that Fooner. I don't eat nightshades because they are associated with aggravating arthritis, which I have. I do still eat potatoes occasionally, though.

It's a Tribe!

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"

We only eat steak or ground beef about once a month. We have changed a lot in the past few years, and use ground turkey for dishes like chili or in tacos or spaghetti sauce. I do like burgers on the grill, though.

I think they mentioned processed meat, and we avoid those. I buy ham, hot dogs, and bacon without sodium nitrates at the health food co-op, and we eat more chicken and turkey than anything else.

I don't know if it makes any difference in that study, but we buy meats and poultry that were raised without using antibiotics or hormones.

DH still likes liver and onions, but we only eat that once a year.

05-05-09, 07:34 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-09 AT 07:35 AM (EST)

I'm not sure why turkey and chicken (or even tuna) aren't considered red meat. I've cleaned a lot of each and believe me, their meat is red. Tuna especially (yellow fin, bonito) is a bloody bloody meat.

I can understand why turkey and chicken breasts are considered non-red based on their appearance after cooking and their lower fat content, but the rest of the bird is red meat. And, at least for domesticated varieties it is at least as greasy (I believe).

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Quack.

05-05-09, 08:23 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Cluck cluck cluck.....Splash.

05-05-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Honk, honk!

Ragtop Ride by foonermints

Goose and gander.

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-05-09, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Do You Love Red Meat?"
Bwwwaahhhhaaahhhaaaaa!!!! That so should have been in there!

Love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.
1 Peter 4:8 (The Message)

Shar's World

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •