The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jack"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-03-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jack"

RIP Mr Kemp

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090503/ap_on_re_us/us_obit_kemp_14

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jack dabo 05-03-09 1
 RE: Jack RudyRules 05-03-09 2
 RE: Jack mrc 05-04-09 3
   RE: Jack AyaK 05-04-09 4
       RE: Jack cahaya 05-04-09 5
       RE: Jack dabo 05-05-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jack"
Rest in peace, Jack.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jack"
One of my heroes.
Jack Kemp was one of the best.
May you rest in peace.

Yup, it's an Agman creation!
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jack"
Arlen Specter should shut his piehole.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/04/specter-claims-kemp-alive-congress-better-funded-medical-research/

A Slice of Manga

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jack"
Arlen Specter is allowed to say whatever he wants. The problem is, he doesn't really believe any of it.

If we had pursued what President Nixon declared in 1970 as the war on cancer, we would have cured many strains. I think Jack Kemp would be alive today. And that research has saved or prolonged many lives, including mine.

You mean, the research that we didn't pursue saved Arlen Specter's life, despite the fact that we didn't pursue it? How did that happen?

But he was every bit as much of a blowhard when he was in the GOP. So I won't take any more shots at him now, when I didn't do so when he was on the other side. And he may be right had he stated it better -- that if we weren't so worried about the "ethical" issues of using aborted stem cells, we'd be further ahead on research now.

Anyway, I liked Jack Kemp. I thought he was one of the GOP's true libertarians: socially liberal and economically conservative. I was sorry when he was reduced to playing second banana to Bob "ED" Dole, and I'm sorry that he's gone.

Here was an open letter he wrote upon Obama's election:
http://www.kemppartners.com/about-jack-kemp/column/a-letter-to-my-grandchildren

And here's a column written by Gregg Easterbrook about him for ESPN:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/090502

Beneath the surface of Kemp's political heterodoxy was a lifelong love of argument over ideas. Kemp clung to many causes viewed as idiosyncratic, such as a return to the gold standard, and advanced "supply side" economic ideas that were in some ways more radical than anything coming from the left. He spent far more time with writers and intellectuals than do most nationally known politicians, and he got more excited about books than about polls. While many politicians want to shake hands with intellectuals at photo ops, Kemp wanted to argue, sometimes well into the night. His political legacy is mixed: Kemp played a role in inner-city revival and reduced the narrow-mindedness that once weighed down conservative politics, while the anti-tax sentiment he championed helped create the national-debt monster that threatens to swallow the economy. But unlike so many politicians, who leave behind little but backroom deals and self-congratulation, Kemp's legacy is one of ideas. As of last autumn, Kemp was still banging out newspaper columns in support of John McCain and in opposition to taxes. Unlike so many political figures who only preach family values, Kemp was married for more than 50 years to his college sweetheart, Joanne Main.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-09, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jack"
Thanks for sharing his open letter. Just in reading this, he speaks so much more than others have spoken of him.

Rest in peace, Jack, and thank you for what you have done in service to us.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jack"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-09 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

In that spirit, let me add that I did think Jack Kemp was a respectable, honest, ultimately decent person; even when I disagreed with him politically I believed he was truly following the course he truly believed in. We need more of that sort in politics.

I very much respect the honest politician over the counterfeit who will adopt whatever position suits his ambitions.

The current trend of some in politics to impose litmus tests (or whatever) leaves me cold, that it will drive out those who will stand on their own beliefs and is something I find thorougly repugnant.

Not that the Democratic Party is above this, but currently the Republican social conservatives seem to have gone whole-hog into, hey we don't have anymore liberals to target, let's go after the moderates.

To quote a politician of times past:

"I think we would lose something of importance to our political life if the conservatives were all in one party and the liberals all in the other. This would make us a nation divided into two irroconsileable camps."

Author of quote in hidden text.

Harry S. Truman

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •